NBA Thread

to be fair to him, lebron is only 18 years old. he came out of high school to get paid billions of dollars to perform. i think he's coped with it very well, he's a very very very mature player, and honestly i've never seen a better passer of the ball like he is. i can safely compare him with the likes of gary "the glove" payton and john "where are my shorts" stockton because the first thing he looks for when he has the ball in the open court (away from the basket) is an open teammate to pass the ball to. and if there is nobody there, beware, he can drop treys like its going out of style, nevermind his spectacular dunks

-fb

footieBalla said:
to be fair to him, lebron is only 18 years old. he came out of high school to get paid billions of dollars to perform. i think he's coped with it very well, he's a very very very mature player, and honestly i've never seen a better passer of the ball like he is. i can safely compare him with the likes of gary "the glove" payton and john "where are my shorts" stockton because the first thing he looks for when he has the ball in the open court (away from the basket) is an open teammate to pass the ball to. and if there is nobody there, beware, he can drop treys like its going out of style, nevermind his spectacular dunks

-fb
exactly and he is 19.... but drop the billions for millions, he aint that rich....

Philly essentially traded nobody for Chris Webber. I don't know WTF the Kings are up to because this deal sucks for them. Oh well, AI finally has his #2.

EatonTJ said:
Philly essentially traded nobody for Chris Webber. I don't know WTF the Kings are up to because this deal sucks for them. Oh well, AI finally has his #2.
yeah, well thats ok, now that kwame and hughs are back for the wiz, look for us(bullets) to lock up that 2 seed..... hahahaah, god i hope it happens....

sorry gunner, but bye bye moochie...........

Two league sources told ESPN Insider Chad Ford that New York has traded Nazr Mohammed and Jamison Brewer to the Spurs for Malik Rose and a first-round pick.

Maurice Taylor
Taylor

Malik Rose
Rose

The Knicks also traded Vin Baker and Moochie Norris to the Rockets for Maurice Taylor and a first-round pick, Ford reports.

Once again, team president Isiah Thomas is willing to take back huge contracts to get more talent. In the Spurs deal, the Knicks are sending back $5.5 million in future salaries for the remaining four years, $27.3 million of Rose's contract.

In the Rockets deal, Thomas is sending back $8 million in future salaries and getting back $18 million in return. In total, the Knicks, who have the largest payroll in the league, will add an extra $32 million in future salaries.

For the Rockets, this trade was a salary dump and an effort to shore up a thin point-guard crop.

For the Spurs, not only did the clear $21 million in long term salary, they got another legit center in Mohammed – something the team felt the desperately needed.

Sweet, Brewer can win a championship with the Spurs. War Eagle! Way to jump on the championship team bandwagon.

I can't fucking believe it, I'm sick. MOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE.......................

Moochies a friggin rocket, I can't believe it, Isiah what are you doing to us for the love of God...oh christ i'm colassally depressed....thats it, yao and t-mac finally has their number 3.....looks like the championship emphasis now swings from the New York to Texas...

Why is it a bad deal for the Kings???? Webbers contract is humongous and he is about to drop at any moment, didn't he have the same microsurgery thing as Allan Houston? I know he's bounced back well and is playin great at the moment but i think the Kings know what they are doing, i think its a great move on their part, wait til you see, he wont last til' the end of the season, just wait, he'll be runnin up on a fast break and his legs will snap like babies wrists....mark my words.

yeah i think as a Kings fan, this was prolly the best option. there were talks before all star that peja might go to the lakers which i hated. the main reason i support the kings is cos of stojakovic and for him to go to LA with the most hated guard, kobe. damn. without webber last season the kings dominated and peja was even a candidate for mvp, once he came back it kinda went down hill and then for him to chat shit bout the effort rate :@ with his huge salary outta the way and the worries of his knee slowin him down gone, i think the kings will now be on a huge streak. well once peja is back ;)

gunnerglory said:
Why is it a bad deal for the Kings???? Webbers contract is humongous and he is about to drop at any moment, didn't he have the same microsurgery thing as Allan Houston? I know he's bounced back well and is playin great at the moment but i think the Kings know what they are doing, i think its a great move on their part, wait til you see, he wont last til' the end of the season, just wait, he'll be runnin up on a fast break and his legs will snap like babies wrists....mark my words.

Fair point, but Philly sent the Kings a bunch of players that are also under long term contracts.

Here is a quote from ESPN:

You had to assume a GM as shrewd as Petrie -- widely regarded as one of the league's best -- would get Glenn Robinson's expiring contract as part of a Webber package in the interest of salary-cap relief. Instead Sacramento acquired three smallish power forwards (Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson and Brian Skinner) who possess deals that aren't cap-friendly.

I guess we'll see how the "Ewing Theory" impacts the Kings....

yep, pretty much the same situation with the raps and vince baby carter. huge contract but since he wasn't going to perform for the club, we had to trade him.

anyway, im also a fan of the 6ers. this AI Cwebb combo looks lethal and perhaps the east have a bit more than they use to.

this trade got on me tits though... BARON DAVIS TO GSTATE! he could've gone to the raps!!! although rumours had it that donyell marshall, skip to my lou, and lamond murray would've gone the other way, dont you lot think baron would have been miles better than those three mentioned?!

oh well, i guess we'll wait for the summer then...

-fb

yep, would be a waste if that trade went through. skip is a good player, deserving better than the raptors. he's pretty much gone, cant wait to see where he goes in the summer

aah, the lake show has landed in the wonderful city of Toronto. 29-28 first quarter lead for the lakers, so we are still in it of course. kobe leads all scorers with 13, he's started the game off really well

-fb

well, i didnt watch the other three quarters but the raps have won... we ve beaten the lakers! 108-102 the final score, a good game says my dad and brother who watched ... but whatever the case, im pleased as punch, we ve got the spurs on the road next, i have no idea how we re gonna do there

at any rate, the playoffs are looking more and more possible by the second!

-fb

Headin to Knicks v Lakers at the Garden right now, we've won 2 in a row since the Malik Rose plus 2 draft picks plus 59 million dollars for Moochie Norris trade. I can't believe we are 5 games out from leading the Atlantic with the dismal record we have............its a joke really when you look at that division.

wow tim thomas' game high 35 points has just tied up the game at 115 in the first OT as we speak *EDIT*27 SECONDS LEFT

malik rose has absolutely nothing GG mate, haha good presense from the bench ;)

-fb

...aaaaand dermot you must be one happy fella. :D two made free throws by stephon marbury sealed the game for the New York Knickerbockers, final after overtime, knicks 117 lakers 115

wow... im reading NBA.com here, and it says tim thomas avgs 7 PPG this season and he broke out with 35. also lamar odom had 31, capping his season avg of 20 points in a losing cause...

must have been a hell of a match to have gone to MSG for mate, hope ya had fun

-fb

Holy crap, that was one of the best games I have ever witnessed. What a cracker. Tim Thomas was just sick. What happened in the last minute of regulation though??? What a FLOP!!! I was dying, I was sure there was NO way the Lakers could come back, then 4 THREE POINTERS in the last minute. I tell you what though, the Knicks look like a different team after this trade, its definately done something along the lines of lighting a firecracker under their asses. Penny hardaway and tim Thomas would have went to blows in the 3rd Qtr if there wasn't bodies between them, they looked hungry, every possession counted, that's what this team should be doing every night, wearing the Knick uniform with a bit of pride. Where have the Lakers gone though? Why did they dump Shaq? They look like a mediocre team, totally lost their balance and relying far too much on kobe and his exceptional ability, you could see that last night in the last play of the game, with a couple of seconds left Kobe dished it off to a wide open Walton and the long string of piss passes it back to Kobe with Kurt Thomas all over him, he couldn't even get any kind of shot off. What a game though, the garden was rockin last night. NOW BRING BACK MOOCHIE!!! THE FINAL PIECE OF THE PUZZLE.

good point dermot.

@ milan: manu is playing very well, went to the all-star game, and imo, he is the best player in the association at drawing a foul while making a lay-up. it seems like the refs give him an eternity for his continuation, therefore allowing him to always get three point plays, its absolutely scandalous! :D

-fb

footieBalla said:
good point dermot.

@ milan: manu is playing very well, went to the all-star game, and imo, he is the best player in the association at drawing a foul while making a lay-up. it seems like the refs give him an eternity for his continuation, therefore allowing him to always get three point plays, its absolutely scandalous! :D

-fb
gilbert arenas and iverson are soooooooo much better at drawing contact whilst going to the hoop IMHO

good point, small, agile, that's using your quickness (as opposed to height) to your advantage i guess

-fb

aah it's not NBA but march madness is pretty damn close. fucking duke lost out to 5th seed michigan state... by 10 points. watched a bit of the final minutes and maaaan, jj reddick was absolutely stifled. shelden williams (who had, what, 18 points?) fouled out and nearly all of the game's rebounds went state's way. 88-78 the final score, poor game for jj, hopefully next year will be different.

-fb

footieBalla said:
aah it's not NBA but march madness is pretty damn close. fucking duke lost out to 5th seed michigan state... by 10 points. watched a bit of the final minutes and maaaan, jj reddick was absolutely stifled. shelden williams (who had, what, 18 points?) fouled out and nearly all of the game's rebounds went state's way. 88-78 the final score, poor game for jj, hopefully next year will be different.

-fb
Go Heels.... the real madrid of NCAA

I had Louisville going all the way since the beginning, I stand to win a lot if it works out, they are still on course but this Illinois team is their biggest hurdle yet. Anyone see the M State/kentucky game?? 3 Ot's. Wow. I wanted Kentucky to win though.

yep, that bit with paddy sparks' alleged foot-on-the-line had me biting my nails all the way down to my knuckles, just exhilerating. i too wanted kentucky to win because bloody state kicked out the blue devils (what is it with me and liking "devils"? except NJ Devils)

let the madness continue

-fb

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom