PC New Driver, New Graphic Settings ! NOW FOR PES 2011 !

scots7777

League 2
8 October 2009
***These settings are now updated for full version of pes 2011 and work just as well or better than on 10.***

(check my profile for my signature if you need to see what my hardware is I am basing these settings on).

I had a previous post on here for a good while with graphic settings when i got a new setup, anyway I have another new setup here and I have been messing with the Nvidia settings for pes again, these settings are based on nvidia driver 258.96, but I beleieve these settings should work with other graphics cards and manufacturers to in a decent gaming Rig if you can be bothered just trying, what a difference it makes to the graphics though, amazing results ! but dont even bother trying if you have a machine that is kinda needing a good upgrade, in that case you are better sticking with low settings.

Anyway, heres are the screenshots of my nvidia control panel for you, give them a go if you like and see what you think, they work amazingly for me, maybe not for you, worth a try.

1920x1080p.jpg

part1.jpg

part2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: New Driver, New Graphic Settings ! AUG/10

Just tried this on my Nvidia 9800gt Scotts and it works a treat,
really smooths out the graphics,thanks.

Hey scotts thanks for sharing. But why don't you set the Texture Filtering to "High Quality" instead of "Quality"? You have a great rig it can handle it. In fact it should even look nicer!

Hey scotts thanks for sharing. But why don't you set the Texture Filtering to "High Quality" instead of "Quality"? You have a great rig it can handle it. In fact it should even look nicer!

ok mate, yes i tried putting texture filtering to high quality and i think your right it made it a bit nicer looking, only thing i find though is sometimes when you tweak one thing it can sometimes effect another thing, even with a good rig, anyways, i ended up turning the antialiasing setting down from 8Q to just 8X, not really a big deal but i felt as though it kept the speed of the game just a little quicker.

its hard to say as sometimes just depending on what team and conditions and weather is like it can make the game look and play all different ways as you know, i try to keep all my teams and conditions the same when testing the graphic settings though, and i think i have it just about spot on.

i tried triple buffering turned on but that made no difference at all so i just turned it back off.

if anyone else wants to suggest something else to try then please let us know. thanks,

p.s
i updated the new pictures with the changes mate, respect to you :WORSHIP:

Last edited:

ok mate, yes i tried putting texture filtering to high quality and i think your right it made it a bit nicer looking, only thing i find though is sometimes when you tweak one thing it can sometimes effect another thing, even with a good rig, anyways, i ended up turning the antialiasing setting down from 8Q to just 8X, not really a big deal but i felt as though it kept the speed of the game just a little quicker.

its hard to say as sometimes just depending on what team and conditions and weather is like it can make the game look and play all different ways as you know, i try to keep all my teams and conditions the same when testing the graphic settings though, and i think i have it just about spot on.

i tried triple buffering turned on but that made no difference at all so i just turned it back off.

if anyone else wants to suggest something else to try then please let us know. thanks,

p.s
i updated the new pictures with the changes mate, respect to you :WORSHIP:

Glad you got even better results in picture quality mate. I know, it's funny how the gameplay gets effected with little tweaks here and there on the PC.

One thing to keep in mind is that it's always recommended to turn triple buffering to "ON" when v-sync is turned on as well.

Roll on PES 2011:))

Glad you got even better results in picture quality mate. I know, it's funny how the gameplay gets effected with little tweaks here and there on the PC.

One thing to keep in mind is that it's always recommended to turn triple buffering to "ON" when v-sync is turned on as well.

Roll on PES 2011:))

i tried that mate and didnt see any difference at all so i turned it off.(the triple buffering i mean)

***These settings are now updated for full version of pes 2011 and work just as well or better than on 10.***

(check my profile for my signature if you need to see what my hardware is I am basing these settings on).

I had a previous post on here for a good while with graphic settings when i got a new setup, anyway I have another new setup here and I have been messing with the Nvidia settings for pes again, these settings are based on nvidia driver 258.96, but I beleieve these settings should work with other graphics cards and manufacturers to in a decent gaming Rig if you can be bothered just trying, what a difference it makes to the graphics though, amazing results ! but dont even bother trying if you have a machine that is kinda needing a good upgrade, in that case you are better sticking with low settings.

Anyway, heres are the screenshots of my nvidia control panel for you, give them a go if you like and see what you think, they work amazingly for me, maybe not for you, worth a try.

1920x1080p.jpg

part1.jpg

part2.jpg

Just to give you the heads up, these settings also work amazing with the full paid for version of pes 2011 too, could the admin or mods please change the main name on the thread to mention this, thanks.

scotts7777 those settings work so good may i ask you how you figured it out? was there a setting that we dident know about?

Just to give you the heads up, these settings also work amazing with the full paid for version of pes 2011 too, could the admin or mods please change the main name on the thread to mention this, thanks.

can you post the setting for ati user?

scotts7777 those settings work so good may i ask you how you figured it out? was there a setting that we dident know about?

no mate, i dont know if your just having a laugh, i just sat for hours trying different settings and then trying the game, done that over and over again until i eventually came to what i thought was about the best look for the game with my setup, that was all.

As for the Ati users, I cant really help you much apart from advice you to do exactly what i done, just sit down for hours and try loads of settings.

if you have an ati graphics card there should be an ati control panel in windows control panel that adjusts all the window settings for the graphics, then you add the pes11 game to that graphics control panel and then go from there, just keep making adjustments and then try the game, then if thats wrong go back and change it and try another setting, and just keep doing that, agaian and again and again, takes quite some time but the end result is usually good.

Unless of course your hardware in your computers is just not very good and can only handle very low settings in pes11, thats always a thought.

Last edited:

no mate, i dont know if your just having a laugh, i just sat for hours trying different settings and then trying the game, done that over and over again until i eventually came to what i thought was about the best look for the game with my setup, that was all.

thanks, na im dead serious about pes settings and the way the game is running, im on performance mode in the nvidia settings, for some strange reason the game does run alot better with most graphic tweaks off, it helps the game engine work the game alot better and this soemthing im really keen to discuss and test this matter with ya cheers.

Last edited:

thanks, becaudse im on the same boat as you, iv actually tried every trick of the trade it's taken me even a longer time, finally right now iv got performance mode which turns off atrisoptic and antialising off, have you tried that in the nvidia settings? it runs really smooth, at the moment im trying to figure out weather the game runs better on high graphics or in performance mode with most functions off, of found out that it works as smooth as a hair on a butter

no mate, the settings i posted above work great for me, i'll stick with them for now.

no problem this game has potential in a very broad scale, there are a few bugs in the game, iv also noticed that in the nvidia release notes for the new drivers pes 2011 is not supported as of yet, still early days to run the game at peak that's all

multisampling works great in nvidia with this game

Last edited:
the new fifa 11 on pc is excellent, i have that too, stick on dynamic cam and watch a visually stunning game, and it plays great too, so we have 2 games this year :)

No offense, but I doubt that any of your settings have an effect on the game at all.

Anti Aliasing - As far as I know the engine doesn´t support AA by the driver, since PES 2008 till now. This is due to the fact that the engine was designed for the consoles.

Trilear opimization is an anti-quality switch to help getting better filtering on slower graphics card using the quality mode instead of high quality. Using anisotropic filtering only is much better for image quality.

Tripple Buffering - That is an option for OpenGL games. PES is an DirectX game. So this option is useless.

What works is selecting High Quality - Anisotropic Filtering and Lod Bias to Clamp (because of the AF).

Tripple Buffering - That is an option for OpenGL games. PES is an DirectX game. So this option is useless.

Sorry mate your wrong about tripple buffering & as for AA it can be forced for ATI using Radeon Pro & choosing an AA profile from another game such as mass effect.Not sure about Nvidia tho.

Triple buffering generates a third frame in the frame buffer, so there is always a frame ready to be displayed. If you have ever tweaked your driver display settings for your nVidia or ATI card, you have probably noticed the triple buffering option. Unfortunately, for reasons no one seems to be quite sure of, this setting only applies to games rendered in OpenGL. However, aside from Doom 3 and other games using the Doom 3 engine (Prey, Quake IV, etc.), the vast majority of games are rendered using Microsoft's Direct 3D, also known as DirectX. So in order to use triple buffering in Direct 3D games, it's necessary to use a third party program.

That program is called Direct 3D Overrider, and it is available for free as a pack-in with Rivatuner, a free graphics card overclocking and tweaking utility. Simple download Rivatuner, open the folder in the "all programs" list, and click on Direct 3D Overrider. The program opens in the system tray, uses no resources, and allows you to play videogames with the best possible image quality. It can be configured to boot on startup, so you never even have to think about it.

There is one minor downside: Triple buffering cannot be used with SLI or Crossfire (dual card) systems. This is because triple buffering doesn't work with the type of rendering used in those setups. Some people have gotten it to work in SLI, however, by forcing "split frame rendering" in the nVidia control panel under "3D settings".

But if you have a single-card system, there's simply no easier way to improve quality without sacrificing any performance.

Courtesy of gamecritics.com

If what you mean is that trying to force tripple buffering thru nvidia control panel or CCC is a waste of time , then yeah your correct, the only way to force tripple buffering on d3d games is via a third party app.

Last edited:
i have similar settings, except i set anisotropic filtering on 4x and atialiasing on 2x but i have lag during gameplay. i didn't have it on demo version.

fifa 11 and nba 2k11 play on almost 70 fps without any lag on my pc.

Back
Top Bottom