PC Gaming

Great.
I guess you mainboard handles the Bluetooth then. Any controller connected through that?

I don't know with BT TBH, I always disable mine..
I prefer XB controllers to PS, so use them with PC if there is ever any games I need a controller for.

So you have those controller connected via cable?

I do yes, as when using my PC I am sat right next to the PC.
So there is no need to use it via Bluetooth, and I suppose cos I have grown up always using controllers and joysticks with cables attached, the wires have never bothered me.

I do yes, as when using my PC I am sat right next to the PC.
So there is no need to use it via Bluetooth, and I suppose cos I have grown up always using controllers and joysticks with cables attached, the wires have never bothered me.
Yeah. I get it.
Plus latency is top notch then I guess.

I want to connect a DS4 to windows 10 and wanna be sure latency is as low as on the console itself. BT4.0 should do it.

a little help... re-installed my pc..

a question..in the page of my motherboard "TUF GAMING X570-PLUS" ..in the reccommended downloads there are these 2 ... (1° screenshot)
do i need to install these?..or , do you think it's just unnecessary?

in my device management everything seems fine..no yellow advisor! (2° screenshot)
so i'm little worried to ruin everything.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 8

a question..in the page of my motherboard "TUF GAMING X570-PLUS" ..in the reccommended downloads there are these 2 ... (1° screenshot)

in my device management everything seems fine..no yellow advisor! (2° screenshot)

Personally I never use the Windows default drivers.
I always install the manufacturer drivers.

Windows 10 has gotten much better with default drivers, but with the issues I used to have creating images with Windows 7, with default drivers - Never again.

Last edited:

1-st - AMD Raid Driver - needed only if you will use in future RAID massive from few HDD.
2-nd - list of compatible memory with timings in pdf format, it's not a driver, just instruction.

So - i think that you don't need both this additions.

when you receive an update on amd adrenaline 2020(for gpu) , you simply install over..or first uninstall everything and then install the new version?

Who fancies the install?

10 Double Layer DVD's

01_microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe.jpg

They may as well make, pack it in cheap external SSD 120 GB. 150 GB required hdd means it probably can be compressed to fit the ssd.
It's been while since i spent hours on virtual airplanes, nice to have them back.

@Chuny

More reviews becoming available.
This is quite a good one:-

Issue is reading some forums, some people are really not liking the curve - If/When it arrives I will check it out and if the curve is too much will purchase the EV Spectrum 4K 144Hz monitor (As I also think this will be much better for future proofing - But the company has such as bad reputation for not delivering orders and people waiting many many months for refunds.)

@Chuny

More reviews becoming available.
This is quite a good one:-

Issue is reading some forums, some people are really not liking the curve - If/When it arrives I will check it out and if the curve is too much will purchase the EV Spectrum 4K 144Hz monitor (As I also think this will be much better for future proofing - But the company has such as bad reputation for not delivering orders and people waiting many many months for refunds.)

You still haven't received it?!
Yeah... All the reviews I've seen say nothing but good things (except maybe some ghosting) - and the G9 definitely is getting all the love too.
Like I said before, I was seriously considering selling my current monitor and getting the G7 but it's not 4K, so... why make the switch for something that doesn't have the full pack of features, right?-
Can't wait until Nvidia launches the new series of GPUs. After getting a new GPU, I will look at the menu of monitors again.

You still haven't received it?!
Yeah... All the reviews I've seen say nothing but good things (except maybe some ghosting) - and the G9 definitely is getting all the love too.
Like I said before, I was seriously considering selling my current monitor and getting the G7 but it's not 4K, so... why make the switch for something that doesn't have the full pack of features, right?-
Can't wait until Nvidia launches the new series of GPUs. After getting a new GPU, I will look at the menu of monitors again.

Nope not received it yet, still got a delivery date of 31st July to 8th September.
I personally am starting to think to cancel the order, although everyone is quite rightly saying it is a fantastic monitor.
I reckon, I am maybe taking a step back.. I currently have a 60Hz 4K FreeSync monitor and always game in 4K as my GFX card can do every game @60FPS in 4K.

So the dilemma is, I am definitely going to upgrade to the 3080 when it becomes available.
They are talking about an increase of 30-40% in frames but some sites reported that the new Nvidia cards are going to have 4x the Ray Tracing performance of the 2000 series.
Now with the additional power, I reckon a 3080 will be producing around 80-100FPS in HIGH settings in 4K - A long way from 144Hz, but still it would be nice to be able to game at those sort of frame rates in 4K.

Nope not received it yet, still got a delivery date of 31st July to 8th September.
I personally am starting to think to cancel the order, although everyone is quite rightly saying it is a fantastic monitor.
I reckon, I am maybe taking a step back.. I currently have a 60Hz 4K FreeSync monitor and always game in 4K as my GFX card can do every game @60FPS in 4K.

So the dilemma is, I am definitely going to upgrade to the 3080 when it becomes available.
They are talking about an increase of 30-40% in frames but some sites reported that the new Nvidia cards are going to have 4x the Ray Tracing performance of the 2000 series.
Now with the additional power, I reckon a 3080 will be producing around 80-100FPS in HIGH settings in 4K - A long way from 144Hz, but still it would be nice to be able to game at those sort of frame rates in 4K.

Yeah and also, in order to appreciate the actual 4K resolution, you need a bigger monitor. With 27'' you won't appreciate it as much because of the distance one usually sits away from the monitor.
I think 32'' + 4K + HDR 1000 + 144hz (at least)
+ GTX 3080TI will be the way to go for me. But that's a lot of money!
And then again, I don't know if I'm going to have to change my motherboard in order to have that card. Or my processor, not to bottleneck the performance and quality.

Yeah and also, in order to appreciate the actual 4K resolution, you need a bigger monitor. With 27'' you won't appreciate it as much because of the distance one usually sits away from the monitor.
I think 32'' + 4K + HDR 1000 + 144hz (at least)
+ GTX 3080TI will be the way to go for me. But that's a lot of money!
And then again, I don't know if I'm going to have to change my motherboard in order to have that card. Or my processor, not to bottleneck the performance and quality.

I was thinking about upgrading to AMD this year when the new processors become available, but obviously have to wait for the benchmarks.
But AMD are certainly the new kings of the processor market, albeit not in gaming performance - But everything else they win.

The 10900K was a massive disappointment and required a whole new motherboard, and the 11900K will need another new motherboard to allow all the features of the new processor.
Intel made the best processors for years and charged top dollar for them, then obviously fell asleep and now they have to catch up.

Nvidia and AMD are both releasing GFX cards this year, so again will wait for benchmarks.
But personally I would probably say I am a Nvidia fanboy when it comes to GFX cards - Although it has been quite a few years since I bought an AMD graphics card, their drivers always used to be a complete mess and I seriously doubt their drivers can touch how good the Nvidia Experience is.
So on that, I would never buy an AMD GFX card again.

@Chuny

Got this email at 3AM last night:-

Hello,
We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk
Arriving:
Saturday, July 18

I was thinking about upgrading to AMD this year when the new processors become available, but obviously have to wait for the benchmarks.
But AMD are certainly the new kings of the processor market, albeit not in gaming performance - But everything else they win.

The 10900K was a massive disappointment and required a whole new motherboard, and the 11900K will need another new motherboard to allow all the features of the new processor.
Intel made the best processors for years and charged top dollar for them, then obviously fell asleep and now they have to catch up.

Nvidia and AMD are both releasing GFX cards this year, so again will wait for benchmarks.
But personally I would probably say I am a Nvidia fanboy when it comes to GFX cards - Although it has been quite a few years since I bought an AMD graphics card, their drivers always used to be a complete mess and I seriously doubt their drivers can touch how good the Nvidia Experience is.
So on that, I would never buy an AMD GFX card again.

Yeah... looks like AMD is getting serious this year with the processors and with the GPUs as well.
But, I'm an INTEL+NVIDIA fanboy myself, so I'd hardly ever change.

I've had an ATI card some years ago and... well, that made me realize good how Nvidia's cards actually are.

@Chuny

Got this email at 3AM last night:-

Hello,
We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk
Arriving:
Saturday, July 18

Woah! So, it didn't get canceled, and you've paid a lot less than what they're selling it for now! Congratulations!

Woah! So, it didn't get canceled, and you've paid a lot less than what they're selling it for now! Congratulations!

Monitor is now set up and will upload pictures later..

It is fantastic, some of the text when browsing net is weird..

Gaming though, I have done the benchmark in Tomb Raider and played F1 2019.
F1 2019, it is absolutely incredible... I was doing Austria at 165FPS, it was absolute night and day, how much better it is FPS is the absolute king in sports games without a doubt.

Need to test in other games like Red Dead, as I reckon resolution will probably win that battle.

I will give my full opinions after the weekend of what I really think, but first impressions are it is a superb monitor - And TBH I love the curve, I know loads of people hated it, but being my first time with a curved monitor it really adds a new dimension to the immersion.
Only thing at the moment - I am starting to think, I should of bought the 28" version - 32" is maybe a bit too big for a monitor, your sat about a metre away from.

Reactions: Tom
Who fancies the install?

10 Double Layer DVD's

01_microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe.jpg
I just love the fact that there is a physical version like this!!

Btw: I do play on a curved 55” 4K/60 myself. It’s not that curvy (only minimal) but I got used to it pretty quick and I do enjoy it a lot when sitting real close while playing racing games. There is a new rig build planned for the end of the year.

I just love the fact that there is a physical version like this!!

Btw: I do play on a curved 55” 4K/60 myself. It’s not that curvy (only minimal) but I got used to it pretty quick and I do enjoy it a lot when sitting real close while playing racing games. There is a new rig build planned for the end of the year.

If your thinking of building a new rig, end of the year is definitely going to be the best time.
You will get the choice of all the new hardware.

AMD and Nvidia are both releasing new GFX cards before the end of the year, and we are not sure of the performance of these cards, although it is safe to assume Nvidia cards will offer a 30-40% increase in performance like for like.
AMD are tough to call as the new Big Navi cards are being stated as actually being able to match the high end Nvidia cards, which AMD have not managed to do for a number of years now - Hence the really high prices of GFX cards on the top end.

The new AMD processors are also meant to hit the end of the year, and when they are released will probably absolute destroy the latest Intel processors.
Game performance wise the latest Intel chips are better, as they have better single core performance - However AMD are better at everything else.
I do reckon this year AMD will be able to match Intel for gaming performance, and when that happens I will certainly buy an AMD processor - If they don't match Intel in game performance then I will leave my upgrade another year.

I will 100% upgrade my graphics card this year, as although my 2080 is going to be more powerful than the next gen consoles, there is no better time for buying a new graphics card than when they are first released.

Nah... that's impossible!
Tearing? With that rig?.
There must be something wrong in your set up mate!

Monitor only supports 240hz, which is a massive frame rate - Not sure why it is happening but with FIFA the screen flickers and there is the occasional little bit of screen tearing.
It is in 1440p with ultra settings - I am getting average 260 - 270 FPS and occasionally goes above 280.

The more I use the monitor, it is impractical for everyday use - The size of the screen is too large - 32" is just too big for a monitor you are sat about 1m away from.
I am constantly moving my head and eyes around too much, which is something I don't experience with my 28".

The lost of graphical detail in some games is also quite noticeable.
Tomb Raider looks great and so does Battlegrounds - But FIFA you can really tell the difference from playing in 1440p and 4K, same with Red Dead and F1.

Monitor only supports 240hz, which is a massive frame rate - Not sure why it is happening but with FIFA the screen flickers and there is the occasional little bit of screen tearing.
It is in 1440p with ultra settings - I am getting average 260 - 270 FPS and occasionally goes above 280.

The more I use the monitor, it is impractical for everyday use - The size of the screen is too large - 32" is just too big for a monitor you are sat about 1m away from.
I am constantly moving my head and eyes around too much, which is something I don't experience with my 28".

The lost of graphical detail in some games is also quite noticeable.
Tomb Raider looks great and so does Battlegrounds - But FIFA you can really tell the difference from playing in 1440p and 4K, same with Red Dead and F1.

Well... I did warn you about the screen size here!!!: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pc-gaming-thread.72511/post-3542940

But, if you enable GSync and VSync from Nvidia's Control Panel, you should never experience tearing, no matter what game you're playing.

Well... I did warn you about the screen size here!!!: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pc-gaming-thread.72511/post-3542940

But, if you enable GSync and VSync from Nvidia's Control Panel, you should never experience tearing, no matter what game you're playing.

Yeah I done that now...
FIFA still feels like it is playing weird when it runs at an average of 270 FPS..
The detail lost in FIFA though going from 4K is incredibly noticeable and the biggest difference I have noticed in all the games so far.

I guess it is mainly because on PC when you use lower resolutions you can turn on AA and other features, so the graphics don't actually look that noticeable.

At this moment in time - I am leaning towards returning it and then purchasing the EVE Spectrum 4K 144Hz monitor.

Yeah I done that now...
FIFA still feels like it is playing weird when it runs at an average of 270 FPS..
The detail lost in FIFA though going from 4K is incredibly noticeable and the biggest difference I have noticed in all the games so far.

I guess it is mainly because on PC when you use lower resolutions you can turn on AA and other features, so the graphics don't actually look that noticeable.

What resolution is FIFA set to?

Back
Top Bottom