Penalties

cemus

Conference
14 September 2007
the last thing I want to do is bugging the forum with useless thread, but I did a search and ended up with nothing..

I'm playing with top class against CPU -I never play online- and not a single penalty was awarded for my team during my several years of master league..

I've tweaked the option file, gave the Sliding Tackle Card to all players, and it worked for conceding more fouls.. I've got several freekicks awarded around the penalty area but fouls inside the penalty area by CPU, which has nothing to do with the ball, goes unpunished..

so; anyone confirms having a single one penalty awarded by the ref against CPU, I'll go nuts..

mmh.. then it might be sliding tackle cards working in some spooky ways, preventing penalty calls from the players with that skill card for example.. weird..

I got 4 penalties in 2 days about a week ago. It was very strange. Scored em all though :)

fortunately, I got many penalty awarded, I used to dive inside the box, only when it was a counter attack and neither assistant ref nor the ref was near me !!

All i did was kick the ball far and held close control button, and when the defender closes, dive !!, and ref will show the spot :) but i failed 7 out of 10 attempts

I've wiped all the slide tackle cards out and played a simple EURO tournament.. no penalties so far.. either my playing style is avoiding me getting penalties, or top player difficulty has something to do with it..

hmmm, may be you can try increasing the Aggressiveness of the back 4, it can work to some extent and also make the game difficult :)

i don't know if it's just me ..but if i didn't play PES for 3-4 days and come back to play it again ..i feel that the gameplay have changed for example.. one day after 2-3 days not playing PES 2010 i grab my controller once again and play against CPU .. i got quick play (freekick) twice in one game that never happen before ..but after that i've never ever seen that again for almost a month now ..

Quick play happens often to me, but penalties awarded to me against the CPU are very rare..
I had just one or two (even if I don't play that much in the opponent box, my fault) in 20/25 matches since I have the game, out of at least 10 times when I thought a PK would have been obvious. Useless to say that I never ever scored a penalty during regular and extra time..

I won a couple of matches (and even a tournament) on penalties, though :)

yesterday 3 penaltys werent given in a 2v2 to me n my mate :D

feels like beta to me this referees..

CPU in Top Player Difficulty wont ever let you near the penalty area.. I'm now trying it on Professional difficulty but still no penalties..

I got 4 penalties in 2 days about a week ago. It was very strange. Scored em all though :)

Hoooooow?
I had some as well, but they always get "closer to the corner flag" (like he use to say for shots).
Its really impossible, for me. And there is nowhere to train.
According to different tutorials I just have to touch the stick easily, which I do (and the shoot button), but still missing by a mile.
This is freaking annoying, especially when I can earn a point or a victory late in the game, and then this stupid miss.
At the moment I always hit them in the middle and hoping their keeper go somewhere else, its the biggest chance for a goal.

Just don't hold the buttons for too long. You really only have to guide it a little... the shot accuracy of the player will do the rest. I mean, when you're taking a shot in normal play you don't need to hold the button in for very long at all. A quick blast is generally all you need to keep it on target; same applies for penalties.

I get penalties now and then, more than most people say they do. I play short passes on the floor between many players, often passing it several times within their box before finding space to shoot. This seems to increase the chances of getting a penalty. Try stopping dead in the box with R1 and shielding for a few seconds; you'll get ganged up on by the defence.

lol

the more players like u the more noobier the next games get..

it depends on the player how long u need to hold shoot button and direction, first the shoot button then direction
i mean whats so difficult about that

advice:
first shoot from cpu is 90% trough the middle in penalty shootouts, just stay n do nothin lol

edit:
@ skurt, the posting above wasnt there when i wrote this

Last edited:
lol

the more players like u the more noobier the next games get..

it depends on the player how long u need to hold shoot button and direction, first the shoot button then direction
i mean whats so difficult about that

advice:
first shoot from cpu is 90% trough the middle in penalty shootouts, just stay n do nothin lol

edit:
@ skurt, the posting above wasnt there when i wrote this

Thanks for the kind words.
I guess, the more players of you the more shittier the next game will become.
I cant see you contribute with anything making the vital parts of the game any better.

Anyway, thanks Jazek, found it out.

Its really impossible, for me. And there is nowhere to train.
Well, indeed it's hard. But not impossible.
Anyway you can use FK training to practice penalties, you just have to move the crosshair in the box and you get a PK instead of a FK (FKs in the box aren't even in the game I guess, even if they DO exist in real football)..

Anyway, even if it's hard, I feel that this penalty system is way better than the previous ones.. At least it's not 100% luck..
Now we just need referees to actually blow for penalties, damn Konami :RANT:

Thanks for the kind words.
I guess, the more players of you the more shittier the next game will become.
I cant see you contribute with anything making the vital parts of the game any better.

Anyway, thanks Jazek, found it out.

truth hurts my friend, i know
;)

i cant do the game any better, im not a developer, atleast im not like u on who developers change their game to make it more user friendly and easier..

2/3 already cant shoot penaltys i see it in my 2v2 games online, next thing they gona do is to post their problems in the off. konami feedback zones and the whole shit is startin...

Hi guys,the thing that gets me is you could commit murder in the box and the ref would still be blind to it.The other day i increased all the aggression to defenders in one team,yes they kicking the hell out of me but still no penalties.but say if you are a millimetre offside then all of a sudden they have laser vision and you get away with nothing.:PIG:

the last thing I want to do is bugging the forum with useless thread, but I did a search and ended up with nothing..

I'm playing with top class against CPU -I never play online- and not a single penalty was awarded for my team during my several years of master league..

I've tweaked the option file, gave the Sliding Tackle Card to all players, and it worked for conceding more fouls.. I've got several freekicks awarded around the penalty area but fouls inside the penalty area by CPU, which has nothing to do with the ball, goes unpunished..

so; anyone confirms having a single one penalty awarded by the ref against CPU, I'll go nuts..

I have had 4 penalties awarded in 7 ML seasons on Top Player. I actually had 2 penalties in one game as well :CONFUSE: The funny thing was that one of them looked anything like a penalty, although the other was as blatant as you could get. I missed the first and put the other in the top corner, or near enough.

truth hurts my friend, i know
;)

i cant do the game any better, im not a developer, atleast im not like u on who developers change their game to make it more user friendly and easier..

2/3 already cant shoot penaltys i see it in my 2v2 games online, next thing they gona do is to post their problems in the off. konami feedback zones and the whole shit is startin...

haha, you got a problem?

You cant do the game any better? but Im the one making the game "noobier", only because I didnt know how to take a penalty? Go and hide yourself somewhere and dont come back.

And a game thats not user friendly? What a f*****g disaster.

seriously cut the crap.. only 5 minutes of practice will give you an idea about taking penalties.. the only problem is having a referee actually calling for penalties.. I'd have lots of penalties were the referee given not the fouls but only the murder attempts inside the box..

haha, you got a problem?

You cant do the game any better? but Im the one making the game "noobier", only because I didnt know how to take a penalty? Go and hide yourself somewhere and dont come back.

And a game thats not user friendly? What a f*****g disaster.

can u say more than just "go hide urself" etc..
looks kinda poor u know... :))

longer n higher learning curve means more depth n more possibilities
if u can do somethin after 1 min. thats it in 90 % of the games

so i want more depth and u cant swing ur ass in train mode and try around for 3 mins penaltys, rather write it in a forum to let other people help u..
well, thats the trend in the society, hand it sb. on the silver tray or he`ll stay dimwitted
:DUMMY:
n then being offended by some truth from my side

but... enough for me..
some people.. :BRMM:

Last edited:
can u say more than just "go hide urself" etc..
looks kinda poor u know... :))

longer n higher learning curve means more depth n more possibilities
if u can do somethin after 1 min. thats it in 90 % of the games

so i want more depth and u cant swing ur ass in train mode and try around for 3 mins penaltys, rather write it in a forum to let other people help u..
well, thats the trend in the society, hand it sb. on the silver tray or he`ll stay dimwitted
:DUMMY:
n then being offended by some truth from my side

but... enough for me..
some people.. :BRMM:

Well said. I have a big problem with people bashing PES without first learning how to play. Although refereeing is still broken worse than David Beckham's Achilles tendon.

I think there might be something wrong with my pad when it comes to penalties (on PC).

Sometimes they go in, most of the time they miss wildly. It's much worse in the rare penalties you get during a match (With the fucking ridiculous side-on camera), the problem is, even if i hold down on the analogue stick and lightly touch the shoot button, it still sometimes flies 10 yards wide, this happens in shootouts as well but not as much, although it's much harder to put a shot in the corner. I don't know why they changed penalties, they used to be decent, now they're so unrealistic it's stupid.

Also why do i need to press the button to make the keeper dive? Is that really necessary? It seems to me it doesn't really make that much of a difference from the old method of just moving the stick to the side you want him to dive.

UJ, there's (probably) nothing wrong with your pad. Do not hold analogue stick for too long when aiming for the corners. The longer you hold it, the wider it goes. The longer you hold the shoot button, the higher it goes. ;)

Here's a great tutorial for penalties: http://www.pesfan.com/pestube/1019/
Timings are quite delicate, so take your time and practice in training mode

Oh btw. you can always switch camera to vertical before taking a penalty. Though it may be a problem when playing online (limited number of pauses). If you really must use the side view, simply use up-down direction to aim for a corner instead of left-to-right.

Last edited:
the analogue stick can be wrongly calibratet, so the middle is not the middle

-> this could be a problem on penaltys coz u dont even know that while u doin nothin the player is already holdin direction..

try it whit the DPad a few times, maybe it works better for u

to calibrate:

control panel->gamecontroller
but if u had own drivers for the pad like logitech there isnt one, then u need a calibration reset programm..

Last edited:
UJ, there's (probably) nothing wrong with your pad. Do not hold analogue stick for too long when aiming for the corners. The longer you hold it, the wider it goes. The longer you hold the shoot button, the higher it goes. ;)

Here's a great tutorial for penalties: http://www.pesfan.com/pestube/1019/
Timings are quite delicate, so take your time and practice in training mode

Oh btw. you can always switch camera to vertical before taking a penalty. Though it may be a problem when playing online (limited number of pauses). If you really must use the side view, simply use up-down direction to aim for a corner instead of left-to-right.

thanks for the tips, but should holding it down make the ball fly off to the left/right?

Back
Top Bottom