Penalties

It depends on the camera that you use - on vertical camera, you aim for the corners by moving the stick (or d-pad arrows) to the left or to the right (e.g. the 'natural' way). On side camera everything related to aiming for the corners is rotated for 90 degrees (trying to be natural again) - by moving the stick (or d-pad) up, you aim towards the upper post (that would be the left post on the vertical camera), by moving it down you aim for the lower post.

On side camera, holding it down makes the ball fly to the lower (right) post. Hold it for too long and you may hit the corner flag :) On vertical camera holding the stick down does nothing. The height of the shot is determined (on all cameras) by how long you're pressing the shoot button.

again it needs to be said that player individuality is a big thing to watch

u can hold down direction longer on players with good freekick value, to be more accurate

freekick value coz if u go to the set-pieces there is a number that shows how good a player is, the higher numbers are on players whit higher freekick value

so i suggest train penaltys whit ur team to be confident, same for freekicks

Good point, Aqua. Lumberjack types won't 'feel' the same as the profound technicians and kick takers. PK Taker card is something to be considered too.

Penalties?? Where??

in train mode, then go to train settings and select free kicks
then move free kick in the penalty area

u can change camera, depens on what ur training for, penaltys in 90mins then stay whit cam or shootous then u can change cam

in train mode, then go to train settings and select free kicks
then move free kick in the penalty area

u can change camera, depens on what ur training for, penaltys in 90mins then stay whit cam or shootous then u can change cam
Mate ;) that was sarcasm :P From 300+ games i have only a one penalty :)

Not one penalty for me, yet.

About the way its taken though, its pretty easy. Its not about holding the analogue too wide and its way off or anything. If you hold it too early, as in the very early steps of a player, he'll surely hit it wide. But let him take 2-3 steps in then pick whatever corner you want, even if its the furthest and it will go in near the post. If you let the player take too many steps and hit it late, no matter where you aim, even too wide, it won't go that far from the centre.

Sad, but true ... I'm getting close to finish 5th ML season, and haven't got a single penalty in my favor. I've had quite a few penalty shootouts, so all that training mode practice has really been priceless (snatching the CL title on penalties after scoring 118+ min. equalizer, truly priceless :) )

But all those friggin Stevie Wonder figurines never ever felt the urge to blow the wistle when my players were masacred in the 16-yard box.

It depends on the camera that you use - on vertical camera, you aim for the corners by moving the stick (or d-pad arrows) to the left or to the right (e.g. the 'natural' way). On side camera everything related to aiming for the corners is rotated for 90 degrees (trying to be natural again) - by moving the stick (or d-pad) up, you aim towards the upper post (that would be the left post on the vertical camera), by moving it down you aim for the lower post.

On side camera, holding it down makes the ball fly to the lower (right) post. Hold it for too long and you may hit the corner flag :) On vertical camera holding the stick down does nothing. The height of the shot is determined (on all cameras) by how long you're pressing the shoot button.

I was talking about in penalty shootouts, i've tried holding the stick straight down and just tapped the shoot button and the shot has flown well wide of the post.

can u say more than just "go hide urself" etc..
looks kinda poor u know... :))

longer n higher learning curve means more depth n more possibilities
if u can do somethin after 1 min. thats it in 90 % of the games

so i want more depth and u cant swing ur ass in train mode and try around for 3 mins penaltys, rather write it in a forum to let other people help u..
well, thats the trend in the society, hand it sb. on the silver tray or he`ll stay dimwitted
:DUMMY:
n then being offended by some truth from my side

but... enough for me..
some people.. :BRMM:

Okay then smart alec...

What shall I say? I cant PM you. Swear or something? Shall I call you noob and act like Im an expert? Lowering myself to the level of you, and offend other peoples for no reason?
You noticed I didnt know how to take a penalty and started calling me a noob and telling me it was people like me destroying the game, how old are you?
And you didnt tell me any truth, you started with offending and accusing me with stuff for no reason.
since my first ISS i cant remember i had to ask a question, rather giving answers (and since forums started appear Ive tried help as well). Now I ask something and you came up with this, kind of pisses me off.

I would say that shooting in the middle isnt as foolproof as it once was,but i would say you still have around a 80% chance of success. Btw playing a couple of nights ago i was poleaxed and the commentator said in excited! tone something like "is this a penalty" (me getting all excited! at the mention of the word penalty) and then he says something like "no no its a free kick" and the bloody ball is smack bang on the line of the box. In a word "GUTTED" :OH:

we're talking about the games against CPU..

i know, now what ?
:CONFUSE:

@ skurt
aha, only coz i wrote that "the game gets noobier of players like u" u got offended ? jeeeez
and its true, just follow the game series and how its changing and why

in same first posting i wrote how u should do it aswell, so whats ur problem ?

tbh u "offended" me first with ur "go hide..." sentence

if i hurt u soo much whit my stated sentence above pllls forgive me, ur life will get better im sure
lol

edit:
i cant get PMs ? didnt knew it...

oh wait..now i know why again.
lol

Last edited:
:)):))

dopb48.jpg

I *really* hope Konami fix this in PES2011, but this is Konami we are talking about :P

Penalties are so common in Football, and yet they are VERY rare in PES2010, unless you play against a friend or online.... :/

I think I've got a CPU goalkeeper sent off more times than having a penalty in a game :O

Back
Top Bottom