PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And who is this fella Badgerman. We all play the game same way. I've played footie games all my life, the last thing I need is some super PES freak to tell me if the game is good or bad. Everyone should judge this by themselves not by someone's elses thoughts.

Ahahahahha.

I've noticed that you've been on a posting spree as of late but, if I were you, I'd recommend that your first port of call when making a post should be your brain, not your keyboard.

It's like me telling people to ignore your heart advice, despite you being a cardiologist.

When you assume you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'

Why yes, I did just channel 8 Simple Rules (john ritter :'[ )

However if you are a cardiologist then this falls on it's arse, but you get the drift.

But to answer your question, who is this mythical badgerman whom I would love to emulate, if only I had his handsome moustache?

Well I'm the top poster in this thread with 291 (now 292) posts. Perhaps my stealthiness allowed me to slip under your radar, either way...

emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif

Last edited:
People on Hillaryis44.com thinks that John McCain is going to win tomorrow, so of course most people here don't.

So, anyone still have hopes for this game?

I hope for some boots updates and maybe some new kit templates, that should tide me over for a few more months.

Oh, and a third party option file editor for the 360 that allows me to merge OFs and get all the emblems and players I want in one place.

That's all my hopes. I guess they could fix online play, but as I haven't even bothered trying it yet it's not a major concern.

It's a solid 8/10 but they do still need to pull their collective fingers out next year and do something very different, cos no-one's going to buy another minor update to the now-fixed PES6 update they screwed up last year... are they ? :o

I suppose I'd buy it if it had the hundreds of things they've removed from the 10 ISSPE and PES versions so far put back in. Mostly untucked shorts, boot editing and switching between home and away uniform parts. But I'd prefer a working online mode with leagues and a tournament editor, and about 1000 club slots and 200 for nations. And there's stuff all chance of any of that anyway.

Last edited:
I got PES 2009 yesterday at an import shop, getting the European version ahead of the North American version I was going to get. I figured the European version will get the most attention from the patchers/option file editors and well... I did not want to wait any longer!

After about a day of playing, I can say I'm definitely having fun playing this one. Much more balanced overall than PES 2008 (which is still the only WE/PES title to date I stopped playing after a month), and like everyone has said, it feels like a much more polished version of the said game. Defense, though still hard to play, is much more efficient now and things on offense seems to have been tweaked as well. Long passes are perhaps effective for first time ever in the series, and is a joy to use. My only gripes are:

1) Players move like they're wearing tin armour, very clunky, although that could just be the ball sound (which is the loudest I've heard since WE3). Still very much rigid in how the players move.

2) Corners are still WAY too dangerous. They are not that efficient in real life, but in this game you have to fear for your life at every corner you give up.

3) Keepers are still... dodgy. That "hockey goalie" save animation where they try to stop the shot with their legs REALLY annoy me, as they seem to do it on the simplest of shots.

Overall, it is a keeper for me. It will still be better for me for multiplayer as most of my friends are casual players (who play on full assisted on... you know what game) and it can still bring the excitement that no other football game can. I do not think that it depicts real football compared to that "other game"... you can clearly feel all the "automation" of PES when you make the switch, but the main thing is that this game is fun, and offers something different. What I'm planning to do this year is to just play the Manager Mode but play international tournaments after the MM seasons on PES, as PES offers better selection of International teams anyway. It gets a 8.5/10 for me.

Question, can you edit the "ball kick" sound effect? - whenever the ball is kicked during a match...

I hope for some boots updates and maybe some new kit templates, that should tide me over for a few more months.

Oh, and a third party option file editor for the 360 that allows me to merge OFs and get all the emblems and players I want in one place.

That's all my hopes. I guess they could fix online play, but as I haven't even bothered trying it yet it's not a major concern.

It's a solid 8/10 but they do still need to pull their collective fingers out next year and do something very different, cos no-one's going to buy another minor update to the now-fixed PES6 update they screwed up last year... are they ? :o
I suppose I'd buy it if it had the hundreds of things they've removed from the 10 ISSPE and PES versions so far put back in. Mostly untucked shorts, boot editing and switching between home and away uniform parts. But I'd prefer a working online mode with leagues and a tournament editor, and about 1000 club slots and 200 for nations. And there's stuff all chance of any of that anyway.
Wanna bet...

I agree with what lots of people on here have said, it's a solid 75% or 80% as a game. It's not great and not as much fun as the old classics on the PS2 (Winning Eleven 5 / 6FE etc) but it's a huge improvement over the dross that was PES2008. I am impressed with the editability of the game (adding kits is now a lot better) and the fact you can add your own music and chants means it's a lot easier to create the Bundesliga and missing Premier League and Spanish teams. It's nice they've added more countrues too, but I would like to see a lot more spaces for teams (e.g. you could build the whole Russian or Argentine leagues) and the ability to edit adboards in game would be good too. I like the fact they now donwload updates with new kits etc.

Ughh the more I play BAL the more I can't stand the A.I.
On Pro or Top player, its like playing against the same teams week in week out.
On top player the CPU A.I's passing is Arsenal-like, and my teammate A.I defender dribbles straight into the opposition like a daft twat each time, which cost me goals.
I like the basic idea of BAL and how the system works, but playing already 80+ matches on BAL its getting boring fast.(Top scorer and always seem to win MOTM award) Once a proper OF editor comes out maybe we'll be able to change things but I doubt it.

Even the teams with low stats are suddenly playing the passing game with ease instead of yer traditional park the bus+long ball style of play. So I think the A.I cheats its stats once in the game so there's really nothing we can do about it. :/

And I've said this numerous of times, the default stats set by KONAMI are a joke. Seabass claims he's got his team working on the stats, well thats just bollocks, as it always was.

Last edited:
Yeah, but maybe that's his idea of how the game should be. Since I don't know what style of football the japanese play. The A.I isn't advanced at all, as he claimed in his recent interview. Its just blatant cheating, plus the collisions are horrible as well, it happens to me almost 2-3 times in a match. Surely yer own teammate knows how to get out of yer fookin way.

Yeah, but maybe that's his idea of how the game should be. Since I don't know what style of football the japanese play. The A.I isn't advanced at all, as he claimed in his recent interview. Its just blatant cheating, plus the collisions are horrible as well, it happens to me almost 2-3 times in a match. Surely yer own teammate knows how to get out of yer fookin way.
Bear in mind SB himself has said PES is not a football Simulation, so TBH stats and just about anything don't matter, the players can be Penguins and the goals can be made of Swiss cheese. If your not creating a football Sim, just a football game, you have no goal posts as it were... ;)

Hehe, its really naff that he just claimed recently that PES isn't a simulation. What about all those glorious PS and PS2 titles we had? they were all praised due to the realistic nature of the game, and the ball physics were phenomenal back then. Surely they can't say the wanted to create an arcade game back then but it just turned out realistic.

I think Seabass IMO btw, Seabass is just trying to save face from his team's recent failures. Maybe his answer was contrived, I don't know.

This is how it should work, if u look at 2ksports, their main target(for NBA2k series and Top Spin series) was to create the game as realistic as possible, and make it as fun as well.
Not complete simulation but something close to it.
Surely Seabass could've explained it better than "we don't plan to make PES a simulation." Hence, if it won't be simulation then would that mean they'll use players' with dogheads,etc playing on the pitch?

I honestly didn't realize what he meant when he first said that.
But if they stick to their word that PES no longer targets to be a simulation, I don't know what the future holds for PES.

Keep in mind that things can be lost in translation aswell...they should just have more eye for the European customers and accept some fookin feedback...

Ahahahahha.

I've noticed that you've been on a posting spree as of late but, if I were you, I'd recommend that your first port of call when making a post should be your brain, not your keyboard.

It's like me telling people to ignore your heart advice, despite you being a cardiologist.

When you assume you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'

Why yes, I did just channel 8 Simple Rules (john ritter :'[ )

However if you are a cardiologist then this falls on it's arse, but you get the drift.

But to answer your question, who is this mythical badgerman whom I would love to emulate, if only I had his handsome moustache?

Well I'm the top poster in this thread with 291 (now 292) posts. Perhaps my stealthiness allowed me to slip under your radar, either way...

emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif
emotsweatdropcs1.gif

Well, since you will personally attack me like that I have something for you too. I am so sorry that I don't sit here 24/7 like you do and post all day long. Unfortunately, I have a life something that you clearly don't. Instead of being here and posting, bragging how many posts you have - you should maybe get a girlfriend, get laid or something. Something tells me that you're a loner and just looks for attention. I'm sorry to say this, but it doesn't matter how many posts someone has. Don't judge the book by its cover. A person with 10 posts can be more elite than someone who has 10.000 posts. So, quit trolling and being immature - we are all adults here...lets act like ones ?

Well, since you will personally attack me like that I have something for you too. I am so sorry that I don't sit here 24/7 like you do and post all day long. Unfortunately, I have a life something that you clearly don't. Instead of being here and posting, bragging how many posts you have - you should maybe get a girlfriend, get laid or something. Something tells me that you're a loner and just looks for attention. I'm sorry to say this, but it doesn't matter how many posts someone has. Don't judge the book by its cover. A person with 10 posts can be more elite than someone who has 10.000 posts. So, quit trolling and being immature - we are all adults here...lets act like ones ?

I agree with the last sentence in your post, but the rest of it contradicts that last sentence.
I'm not a mod, but if it's really necessary to have this sort of discussion, why don't you guys do it with PM's ??? I've made the same mistakes, but it's not fun for other people to read this kind of pointless "discussions".

Thanks in advance.

I agree with the last sentence in your post, but the rest of it contradicts that last sentence.
I'm not a mod, but if it's really necessary to have this sort of discussion, why don't you guys do it with PM's ??? I've made the same mistakes, but it's not fun for other people to read this kind of pointless "discussions".

Thanks in advance.

Mate, I don't need to use PM to attack anyone. I don't really like to attack anyone. Most of us are adults here and the last thing I need is to fight with someone over a VIDEO GAME, but when you personally attack me I will defend myself. He crossed the line. Him being a board veteran and all that he should know how to respond better than he did.

All I said was, I don't need someone to judge the game for me, and nobody should - and he took that offensive.

Well, since you will personally attack me like that I have something for you too. I am so sorry that I don't sit here 24/7 like you do and post all day long. Unfortunately, I have a life something that you clearly don't.

Oh my word you are brilliant. You are like a slightly less intelligent Rob92 (don't take that as a compliment Bob)

First off, a casual glance at my profile would show you that I’ve posted 5 times in the last 2 weeks. In the same time period you have posted 40 times.

But destroying you at the first hurdle wouldn’t be much fun, so let’s keep going.

Let's cast our eyes back to the glory days of the last page, when we were wide eyed and full of hope. Compare your third sentence (and insult, gj on having an insult per sentence ratio!) with what I posted yesterday.

Me and pjft have both already done this, I'm not going to do it again just for you.

I do have a life, surprisingly.

Down goes Fraiser.

Honestly, I haven't been taking the piss out of people for no reason, I only do it when the stars align like so.

After stepping in it this bad I can't believe that you then went on to shit the bed like so. Coming up we have MY GIRLFRIEND, internet tough guy, registration dates, post counts, e-penis and bizarro world logic. I can tell you've done this type of post on other forums because these arguments are prevalent all over the internet.

Acting like the bullies at school just isn't cool.

:'[

The science kids on the other hand...

:]

Instead of being here and posting, bragging how many posts you have - you should maybe get a girlfriend, get laid or something. Something tells me that you're a loner and just looks for attention.

:’[

It’s almost as if you have read a book on generic internet insults. I mean, bitch please, at least bring something new to the game. If I work on the niche of me being a parody of a generic internet user, then the strategy to get the better of me is not being a generic internet user.

I'm sorry to say this, but it doesn't matter how many posts someone has. Don't judge the book by its cover. A person with 10 posts can be more elite than someone who has 10.000 posts. So, quit trolling and being immature - we are all adults here...lets act like ones ?

Incredible.

A walk-off home run right here folks.

Every sentence is ripe for superslams. Your first sentence goes on about personal attacks (keep reading for the exciting conclusion), your second implies that I am here every minute of the day whilst you yourself are trying to become a posting superstar. The third seemingly is based in bizarre world where facts are backwards.

From here it is just internet cliché land, we go from MY GIRLFRIEND to internet touch guy, to him going on about his registration date, when I never even mentioned that.

And let’s just finish it with this

So, quit trolling and being immature - we are all adults here...lets act like ones ?

WHY WHAT A NICE GLASS HOUSE YOU HAVE

OH NOOOOOOOO

(You, yesterday starting this off)

And who is this fella Badgerman. We all play the game same way. I've played footie games all my life, the last thing I need is some super PES freak to tell me if the game is good or bad. Everyone should judge this by themselves not by someone's elses thoughts.

So yeah, I am this Badgerman fella. If you wanted a sensible discourse then you should have gone for pjft, as you went for me I pretty much stapled your e-pride to your tie before spiking a football in your face

emotmadmaxtw5.gif

God damn I’m awesome.

Last edited:
Because that involves being generic.

Plus I have the force of justice going through my veins, so I wasn't going to let that one fly.

Also, it's not that many words if you count them up.

...you cunt.

Last edited:
"E-PENIS"!! wtf.

I was a little perturbed by the "We never set out to make a sim" talk Seabass made but I think I get it.

To me the perfect football game is the one that balances the simulation and arcade aspects.

Simulation is great but it shouldn't make playing laborous and frustrating.
On the flipside though being able to tear a defense up with Messi is fun but can be boring if it's too easy.

You are like a slightly less intelligent Rob92 (don't take that as a compliment Bob)
:BLINK:

Why are you involving me again? You seem to hate me just because I hate PES (in it's current state).
There are people here who say almost the same as me, yet word it in a different way to favour PES over FIFA, yet you don't hate them like you do me.

I don't understand what you have against me, I prefer FIFA and have given reasoning, I think PES is shit and I have given reasoning. If it's still about that comment about the PES fans on here being immature, I explained that - I said that it's to be expected as 90% of internet users are dorks, and at the time, 90% of the posters in this thread were too (improved now though).
The difference in posting quality at the time here compared to the FIFA section was massive, that's the reason for the comment.

Stop being a cock, you think you're special, and you're not. Wow, you have the most posts in this thread, that doesn't mean you're the best poster in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does anyone know what the state of play with patching is on the PS3? Is it ever going to happen?

:BLINK:

Why are you involving me again? You seem to hate me just because I hate PES (in it's current state).

Actually, Rob "I am more intelligent than you" 92, that is not the reason.

However I LOVE your attempt to make it seem as if I am marginalising you because of your views on a computer game. You not only stuck your foot in it, you dived into a big barrel of it and then denied that you were anywhere near the barrel.

All the best though, I see you are still trying to complete that marathon backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom