PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

And dont forget James, with a POS game
getmecoat.gif

That doesn't answer the point you were refuting does it?

I do like this PES a lot more than the last two, but that's not to say it isn't fundamentally flawed. The off-pitch stuff is almost perfect across the board from what I've had a chance to play with. However on the pitch it's clear to most rational people that there is still a sizeable amount of work to be done, whether the end result is currently fun or not.

Ah, and Jimmy just gets funnier by the post.

I do like this PES a lot more than the last two, but that's not to say it isn't fundamentally flawed. The off-pitch stuff is almost perfect across the board from what I've had a chance to play with. However on the pitch it's clear to most rational people that there is still a sizeable amount of work to be done, whether the end result is currently fun or not.

I agree 100% my friend. The problem is when moaners get over the same again and again and again. Nobody here has said that the game is perfect or it has no flaws, that is more stupid that the attitude of "PES is poo" which we are seeing all the time in the forum.

The point I was refuting was 'the majority of people do not like pes2010, that's a fact' from therasmus/Dryzer. Any game that can get to number 1 in the charts is not disliked by the majority of people in my book. So yes, It does answer the point.

I agree, though, that PES is flawed. It's still not up to the level of PS2 PES in terms of both gameplay and off-the-field features. The animation set needs an overhaul and the passing and shooting needs to be freed up. It needs a ton more stadia, a better edit mode, the German league etc, but PES 2010 is not that bad. I prefer it to Fifa because I feel the gameplay has more chatacter, every match feels engrossing and I love the tactical element.

I just wish that some people could accept that plenty of us like PES for what it is and stop going on personal crusades against the game. We all know the game could be better, we don't need telling in every single post.

I just wish that some people could accept that plenty of us like PES for what it is and stop going on personal crusades against the game. We all know the game could be better, we don't need telling in every single post.

Amen to that and end to the discussion...

The point I was refuting was 'the majority of people do not like pes2010, that's a fact' from therasmus/Dryzer. Any game that can get to number 1 in the charts is not disliked by the majority of people in my book. So yes, It does answer the point.

I agree, though, that PES is flawed. It's still not up to the level of PS2 PES in terms of both gameplay and off-the-field features. The animation set needs an overhaul and the passing and shooting needs to be freed up. It needs a ton more stadia, a better edit mode, the German league etc, but PES 2010 is not that bad. I prefer it to Fifa because I feel the gameplay has more chatacter, every match feels engrossing and I love the tactical element.

My point was that buying it does not mean liking it after playing it ;). That said, obviously it's unlikely that more than 50% of those who bought it will dislike it, because it is a decent game. I don't disagree with your points either. At the moment I'm getting more out of PES chiefly because more of my online friends are actively playing it and, for all its flaws (you missed keepers among a number of other things) it certainly still has character. I definitely prefer the pacing of PES too.

I for one don't have a problem with those who are enjoying the game because I'm one of them too. It's the sycophancy that grates, because even if this forum isn't being monitored I do think it's pretty irresponsible for the future of PES to unconditionally praise the game and try and rationalise its more fundamental flaws as somehow realistic or accurate. I also wholly disagree with the idea of only discussing flaws with the game in Konami-monitored forums, not least because in my experience official forums are breeding grounds for idiocy, with the level of conversation that would make a Youtube comments trail look considered.

because even if this forum isn't being monitored I do think it's pretty irresponsible for the future of PES to unconditionally praise the game and try and rationalise its more fundamental flaws as somehow realistic or accurate.

Because that's what everyone in this thread is doing of course.
Well, maybe Jimmy...

I also wholly disagree with the idea of only discussing flaws with the game in Konami-monitored forums, not least because in my experience official forums are breeding grounds for idiocy, with the level of conversation that would make a Youtube comments trail look considered.

Twisting my words again.
I never suggested only discussing flaws in the official forums, I said they were there for the people who post the same things again and again in the vain hope Konami will read this thread.

Anyway lets get back to unconditionally praising the game and making excuses for its flaws.

I for one don't have a problem with those who are enjoying the game because I'm one of them too. It's the sycophancy that grates, because even if this forum isn't being monitored I do think it's pretty irresponsible for the future of PES to unconditionally praise the game and try and rationalise its more fundamental flaws as somehow realistic or accurate. I also wholly disagree with the idea of only discussing flaws with the game in Konami-monitored forums, not least because in my experience official forums are breeding grounds for idiocy, with the level of conversation that would make a Youtube comments trail look considered.

Couldn't agree more. No-one here will argue that we shouldn't talk about the negatives but it should be about constructive criticism and I think there's a clear distinction between those that do this and those that are on a PES-bashing crusade, which is every bit as bad as unconditional praise.

But at the end of the day this is primarily a PES forum and fans of the game should be able to discuss it without feeling we have to continually justify our choice of football game every other post.

Because that's what everyone in this thread is doing of course.
Well, maybe Jimmy...
Maybe?!?

Twisting my words again.
I never suggested only discussing flaws in the official forums, I said they were there for the people who post the same things again and again in the vain hope Konami will read this thread.

Anyway lets get back to unconditionally praising the game and making excuses for its flaws.
Twisting words? Don't make it sound so malevolent. Your words? No offence but I have no idea who you are. Again?? Where was the first 'twist'??

I was commenting more based on Jamezinho's response to Dryzer, though, looking at your post history I see you suggested it beforehand. As far as I can see though, Dryzer had already made quite a large and impassioned post over at WENB to get his point of view across, which Jimmy then hauled back over here to call him a FIFA fanboy.

The problem is IMO that nobody seemed to then look at his list of issues and break it down into parts that they agreed with or respectfully disagreed with. Nobody seemed to suggest fixes for those flaws at any point and I don't think I've seen any to date, which, in a forum full of fans of PES who you'd think might have some ideas about this, seems like a missed opportunity.

Guys, I know here is not place but looking that you speak for sales . Is there a way to find how global sales of PES 2009 for all platforms?? Simply arguing with a friend
Thank you in advance :)

Ok after a dozen games here are a few negatives.

- Animations
After playing Fifa 10 ad nauseum for the last few weeks. PES2010 feels rigid. I dont want the overkill that FIFA has but konami needs to adress this issue to take PES to the next level.

- auto pass and shoot
I hated this in PES2009, thankfully the auto slide seems a thing of the past but konami need to stop the pass and shoot auto moves to be removed completely. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to annoy. Bring back the manual player setting with the different settings.

- Barcelona
This team makes this game too easy. I've played the CL group phase recording 5 wins, 1 draw, goals for 11, goals against 1.
I have never felt under pressure or on the backfoot in any of the matches. Even the likes of Porto got hammered 3-0 and didn't have a shot on goal in the whole match. I will see how the knockout phase pans out. I know in PES2009 the Ai wises up and closes down the likes of Messi and attacks more effectively. I hope this is still the case in PES2010.

- Long passes
Why oh why did konami remove the the type 5 long pass.
It feels too automated now. Don't get me wrong every pass is not inch perfect, but I want more control.

- gamespeed
The game is too fast on normal long camera but better on wide. I want wide camera gameplay speed on normal long camera, if that makes any sense. Lol.

- ball physics
The ball movement is a bit too linear it needs more swerve and dip in places.
I have also had an instance when the player clearly heads the ball downwards but the ball went up, defying the laws of physics, which I double checked on the replay.

Other than this I'm loving it.
There's tons of positives like individuality, team style, dribbling, shooting, heading, tactics, graphics, game modes, lots of national and club teams, the list can go on and on.
All in all I'm happy and cant wait to start a ML and BAL, after an update, a good OF and tweaks to the team styles and players the way I think it should be.

Last edited:
I'm still drooling for GamesCom nets.Those who are ingame just ruin that feeling when you score goal...

Compare Real nets, PES6 nets and PES2010 lets call them nets...

Last edited:
Guys, I know here is not place but looking that you speak for sales . Is there a way to find how global sales of PES 2009 for all platforms?? Simply arguing with a friend
Thank you in advance :)

www.vgchartz.com is what you need...

Three more days for me until Monday, which is my PES day. Then on Tuesday night, a 3-4 hours playing session with some PES veterans to see if the game is good in multiplayer, which is my main worry...

Ooh I take back what I said about barca being unbeatable.

1st CL knockout round away at Sporting Lisbon. I was 3-0 behind within 55mins. I opted to bring on Ibrahimovic who I intending resting against a "minnow" team Messi, Henry and Pedro where not able to get in from out wide. I also tweaked the sliders and put strategy on all out attack.
I managed to pull back 2 goals and had 3mins to get the equalizer. Iniesta was wreaking havoc with his runs into the box.
I had 2 chances in those 5 or so mins. the first was a reflex save off a Puyol header in open play. I jumped off my seat as Puyol threw himself at it only to have to recover when the sporting keeper got his fingertips on it.

Then in the dying seconds Iniesta slips into the box on the left. I manage to pull the last defender wide an R2 step to the inside, The sonofabitch was beaten but slid and caught my standing leg. "ref!!" I shouted, but nothing...the game ended 3-2

I drew the home leg 1-1 and was dumped out.
I love this game!

Last edited:
I understand. Sorry.:COAT:

Let me reiterate - It beat Forza 3 to the number one spot in the UK. Forty percent drop or not, that's a massive achievement to go head to head with one of the most eagerly awaited games of the year and outsell it.

That's a lot of fools.

How can you compare the sales of forza which is only on xbox with PES which is on xbox, ps3, wii and PC?? Of course it will have more sales, but that doesn't mean its better game, plus this chart only represents UK not all of europaaaa, its very normal for games that are on more than one console to get high sales, now imagine if pes2010 was only on PS3, and forza only on xbox? pes2010 wont even have a chance, lets see how long pes2010 will stay on top of the chart, normally good games dont last for just one week, right?

How can you compare the sales of forza which is only on xbox with PES which is on xbox, ps3, wii and PC?? Of course it will have more sales, but that doesn't mean its better game, plus this chart only represents UK not all of europaaaa, its very normal for games that are on more than one console to get high sales, now imagine if pes2010 was only on PS3, and forza only on xbox? pes2010 wont even have a chance, lets see how long pes2010 will stay on top of the chart, normally good games dont last for just one week, right?

:yawn:
jimmy I think we need a charlie-special pic for a few new members. Please do it.

Last edited:
Ooh I take back what I said about barca being unbeatable.

You been Teamvision2'ed mate, join the club, you need to change your tactics. ;)

jimmy I think we need a charlie-special pic for a few new members. Please do it.

Sorry bud, far too busy playing/loving the game to be bothered about arguing with children in here. :LOL:

Oh, thats the whistle to start the second half.......:BYE: :LOL:

P.S. See you in the Masterleague Thread ;)

Wow seriously would you think mods will allow that? You really make yourself look so lame with your low intelligence
Stop playing "the boy that cried wolf" game.

the majority of people do not like pes2010, that's a fact
Proof? No? Opinion then.

there are just a lot of other games that is worth your time and money than a buggy game like pes
Again, your opinion. Solution? Pick one of the other games that is worth your time and money which have no bugs whatsoever ;)

but i bet pes is the only video game you play
joker-clap.gif

, i really miss the times when i pre-order winning elven every 6 months from play-asia.com, those were really good times, i hardly remember any criticism about the game back then..
:LOL:

Just unlocked three Classic Teams, on Professional. Loving it more - finding it easier though now.

The edit data I got did not fix the Classic/Hidden Player names but (http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1626), maybe they will update it (their job on the graphics for the kits are good)

I did a World cup with France and being frustrated at their performance, made a quick change from their custom 4-5-1 to a 4-3-3, swapping the players around to get their stats maxed as best as posible - suffice to say I slaughtered every team afterwards, even Argentina in the Final!

How can you compare the sales of forza which is only on xbox with PES which is on xbox, ps3, wii and PC?? Of course it will have more sales, but that doesn't mean its better game, plus this chart only represents UK not all of europaaaa, its very normal for games that are on more than one console to get high sales, now imagine if pes2010 was only on PS3, and forza only on xbox? pes2010 wont even have a chance

It would be on a par with outselling Gran Turismo 5. Would that not be a big achievement?

lets see how long pes2010 will stay on top of the chart, normally good games dont last for just one week, right?

We both know the answer to that. Modern Warfare 2 is out shortly so PES 2010 will be lucky to get two weeks at number one. Plenty of good games don't even get to number one (they wont for months when MW2 is out). Anyway your point that 'the majority of people do not like PES2010, that's a fact' is ridiculous whichever way you try and spin it. I expect PES 2010 to hang around in the top 5 for many weeks to come.

Besides that, you dont state that sales means quality. What you state is that PES sales show that a lot of people enjoy it...

This game needs an AI Patch very, very badly IMO. They're simply not challenging enough... in a matchup against evenly matched teams, I usually outshoot them 15 to 4 or 5 or so in a 15 minute game even on Top Player... they simply are NOT willing to shoot unless they get a perfect chance! If you hold them up in the midfield area, they'll happily sit back and ping pong pass around without having any sort of conviction to shoot at goal. Also, there is some serious issues with AI refusing to defend the sidelines; they cannot seem to tackle you when you are running down the sidelines, and you are free to just run down the wing at will and put a cross in very easily (total opposite of FIFA where the AI will do everything in their power to stop your cross). It seems to be very hard to tackle them when they are running down the sidelines as well. Instead, they clog up the middle area of the penalty area, with most shots you take within it being blocked easily. The fouls also definitely need to be toned up since as of now, there are not nearly enough.

I love how they increased the number of international teams a lot and I dig the improved graphics, but as of now there are some key faults with the AI that is keeping me from playing consistently.

Stop playing "the boy that cried wolf" game.
Proof? No? Opinion then.

All the complaints at pesfan, wenb and here isnt enough proof that the majority don't like the game? seriously i rarely see any positive impressions about pes2010 unless from a mod or people who loved pes2009 and 2008

By the way here is the Indivdual chart list

1 FORZA MOTORSPORT 3 XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
2 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010 PS3 KONAMI KONAMI
3 MARIO & SONIC AT OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES WII SEGA SEGA
4 UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
5 WII SPORTS RESORT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
6 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010 XB360 KONAMI KONAMI
7 FIFA 10 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
8 BORDERLANDS XB360 2K GAMES TAKE 2
9 FIFA 10 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
10 WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2010 XB360 THQ THQ

Do you really think pes2010 is worth playing for a WHOLE year? thats for me is much worse than death it self!!

This game needs an AI Patch very, very badly IMO. They're simply not challenging enough... in a matchup against evenly matched teams, I usually outshoot them 15 to 4 or 5 or so in a 15 minute game even on Top Player... they simply are NOT willing to shoot unless they get a perfect chance! If you hold them up in the midfield area, they'll happily sit back and ping pong pass around without having any sort of conviction to shoot at goal. Also, there is some serious issues with AI refusing to defend the sidelines; they cannot seem to tackle you when you are running down the sidelines, and you are free to just run down the wing at will and put a cross in very easily (total opposite of FIFA where the AI will do everything in their power to stop your cross). It seems to be very hard to tackle them when they are running down the sidelines as well. Instead, they clog up the middle area of the penalty area, with most shots you take within it being blocked easily. The fouls also definitely need to be toned up since as of now, there are not nearly enough.

I love how they increased the number of international teams a lot and I dig the improved graphics, but as of now there are some key faults with the AI that is keeping me from playing consistently.

Master League must have another AI...it is much harder than any other mode.

Master League must have another AI...it is much harder than any other mode.

Really? I should give it a try then. So far I've been playing mostly international and community leagues/cups and exhibitions and games have been way too easy (well, due to CPU absolutely failing in attack, they defend well enuf...). In fact I can't really think of another WE/PES in recent memory that was as easy as this so far.

On another note, after playing over a decade with the D-pad, the 360 (or so they say?) movement has finally got me to move on to the analogue stick for movement... and I find that it works very well!

All the complaints at pesfan, wenb and here isnt enough proof that the majority don't like the game?
Complaints don't equally mean hate. Also, I didn't know pesfan, wenb and this site hosted all tens of millions of fans of this game :LOL: There are millions who aren't on forums.

By no means this game is perfect and I do not think any game is. PES 2010 has issues but I am still very much enjoying it. It reminds me very much of PES3.

seriously i rarely see any positive impressions about pes2010 unless from a mod or people who loved pes2009 and 2008
Couldn't stand that game, imo.

By the way here is the Individual chart list

1 FORZA MOTORSPORT 3 XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
2 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010 PS3 KONAMI KONAMI
3 MARIO & SONIC AT OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES WII SEGA SEGA
4 UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
5 WII SPORTS RESORT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
6 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010 XB360 KONAMI KONAMI
7 FIFA 10 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
8 BORDERLANDS XB360 2K GAMES TAKE 2
9 FIFA 10 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
10 WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2010 XB360 THQ THQ

Do you really think pes2010 is worth playing for a WHOLE year? thats for me is much worse than death it self!!

Well, based on my current enjoyment in ML, yes.

I know this has been answered a million times but still I want to ask. Why would anyone not create an option file editor for XBOX 360? All xbox 360 owners will donate and make it a handsome kitty for your hard work. I can pay you upfront mate. Please let me know.

Contact me at vjkrishnaaaATyahooDOTcom or bloggerATbluechampionsDOTcom

Back
Top Bottom