PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

I am so hooked on ML, I haven't been this hooked on any game for years. I wouldn't say "PES is back" because I felt it was back last year, I loved PES 09 after PES 08 "next gen" was rather poor. This time I feel the game is too fast with top teams but the Master League... Mmmm when I am not playing it I wish I was playing it!!!

Really? I should give it a try then. So far I've been playing mostly international and community leagues/cups and exhibitions and games have been way too easy (well, due to CPU absolutely failing in attack, they defend well enuf...). In fact I can't really think of another WE/PES in recent memory that was as easy as this so far.

On another note, after playing over a decade with the D-pad, the 360 (or so they say?) movement has finally got me to move on to the analogue stick for movement... and I find that it works very well!

ML with reload prevention plus starting at D2 with a small team works wonder....I can bet that you will boil in anger after couple of defeats.

It would be on a par with outselling Gran Turismo 5. Would that not be a big achievement?

We both know the answer to that. Modern Warfare 2 is out shortly so PES 2010 will be lucky to get two weeks at number one. Plenty of good games don't even get to number one (they wont for months when MW2 is out). Anyway your point that 'the majority of people do not like PES2010, that's a fact' is ridiculous whichever way you try and spin it. I expect PES 2010 to hang around in the top 5 for many weeks to come.

It down to 5 this week in the UK.

1. Football Manager 2010
2. Wii Fit Plus
3. FIFA 10
4. Forza Motorsport 3
5. Pro Evolution 2010

Maybe?!?

Twisting words? Don't make it sound so malevolent. Your words? No offence but I have no idea who you are. Again?? Where was the first 'twist'??

I was commenting more based on Jamezinho's response to Dryzer, though, looking at your post history I see you suggested it beforehand. As far as I can see though, Dryzer had already made quite a large and impassioned post over at WENB to get his point of view across, which Jimmy then hauled back over here to call him a FIFA fanboy.

The problem is IMO that nobody seemed to then look at his list of issues and break it down into parts that they agreed with or respectfully disagreed with. Nobody seemed to suggest fixes for those flaws at any point and I don't think I've seen any to date, which, in a forum full of fans of PES who you'd think might have some ideas about this, seems like a missed opportunity.

Thanks Romagnoli.

I think some people get confused between flaming and giving a damn about what was once a quality game. Do people seriously think that i'd waste my time posting if i didn't want Pes to succeed?

If i hated the game and didnt give a damn i wouldnt bother to post. I also wouldnt have bought it the last three years to give it a chance.

And still no one answered my long thread.

But as ive said if you enjoy it fine, get used to it, because its never gonna get the improvement it deserves, this gen anyway. Theres far too many brand loyal fans that would rather 'put up' with what they are getting than play nothing or play Fifa.

You reap what you sow and all that.

Ok after a dozen games here are a few negatives.

- Animations
After playing Fifa 10 ad nauseum for the last few weeks. PES2010 feels rigid. I dont want the overkill that FIFA has but konami needs to adress this issue to take PES to the next level.

- auto pass and shoot
I hated this in PES2009, thankfully the auto slide seems a thing of the past but konami need to stop the pass and shoot auto moves to be removed completely. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to annoy. Bring back the manual player setting with the different settings.

- Barcelona
This team makes this game too easy. I've played the CL group phase recording 5 wins, 1 draw, goals for 11, goals against 1.
I have never felt under pressure or on the backfoot in any of the matches. Even the likes of Porto got hammered 3-0 and didn't have a shot on goal in the whole match. I will see how the knockout phase pans out. I know in PES2009 the Ai wises up and closes down the likes of Messi and attacks more effectively. I hope this is still the case in PES2010.

- Long passes
Why oh why did konami remove the the type 5 long pass.
It feels too automated now. Don't get me wrong every pass is not inch perfect, but I want more control.

- gamespeed
The game is too fast on normal long camera but better on wide. I want wide camera gameplay speed on normal long camera, if that makes any sense. Lol.

- ball physics
The ball movement is a bit too linear it needs more swerve and dip in places.
I have also had an instance when the player clearly heads the ball downwards but the ball went up, defying the laws of physics, which I double checked on the replay.

Other than this I'm loving it.
There's tons of positives like individuality, team style, dribbling, shooting, heading, tactics, graphics, game modes, lots of national and club teams, the list can go on and on.
All in all I'm happy and cant wait to start a ML and BAL, after an update, a good OF and tweaks to the team styles and players the way I think it should be.

Glad to see you finally got your hands on a copy bud :TU:

I think you take it a wee too seriously....

That's a throwaway comment. We're on a forum discussing computer games. How many of the millions who will buy PES this year will take it seriously enough to join a forum and publicly announce their impressions?

Got the game today... only a online game, lagged but I need to see if I can configure ports or whatever to improve the lag... one offline game at UCL against Bordeaux, 0-0.. one howler from my GK but in the tap in he made a great save, Abbiati remembered me the double save made by Dida last week against Napoli...

I will give it a good try and post my impression on Wednesday...

I've had some incredible games today, with some dogged fight backs to keep me in the FA Cup and to get those precious 3 points against one of the top 4. In particular in the FA cup I was 1-0 down to Manchester United away from home, brought Dos Santos on with Bentley swapped to the other wing. Tied it up in stoppage time with a Crouch toe-poke and took it all the way to extra time. In extra time, 10 mins of play left, Bentley cut in from the wing, WHACK! - top right hand corner screamer to keep Tottenham's cup hopes alive! This had me out my seat pumping my fist in the air. The release beating one of the toughest teams in the division was fantastic. I then followed this up with a 1-0 win at home over Chelsea in the League. Literally had every man behind the ball as soon as I scored, it was knife-edged.

Dignity 0 - 2 Enjoyment

Last edited:
"I'm Back!"

Anyway PES2010 has finally hit over here in the states and wouldn't ya know that my copy didn't work right out of the box(disc was dirty?) so i had to exchange it for another and thankfully that worked, but you wouldn't have known how angry i got...ERRRRRRRRRR

Game's brilliant looking for sure. Texture work and gameplay is smooth no hiccups.

will post more soon

Yes, for me the response times are almost perfect, sometimes you want the shots to be done a bit faster, but I feel the response is realistic...
Dribbling in this game is HARD, and really fast players like Pato make a difference when your full back has gone up, or your CBs are out of position... but the defenses are pretty tight, it is so difficult to find some space...

And about header goals, I have not seen any in 7 games yesterday... there are so few fouls, it is a bit weird...

Cant stand this game anymore, trading it in for cod next week.

Its crap compared to the other game an that isnt the best to play for a long time either.

Things i hate about this game

Has 5% of animations the other game has an most of them are crap

I have been to more stadiums this season that are on this game

I have had more boots in 2 seasons than this game has (licenced)

Ball physics are crap an unrealistic (the ball doesnt even curl in shots)

Passing feels crap an still 8 directions

Movement fells better in pes 5 an is basicaly still 8 direction

Online is still crap for what it should be (i dont have many problems besides button lag but alot of people are still not happy with it)

I have alot more but cant be asked

I still hate the positioning of my strikers at times. At one point today I was passing the ball around at the back, I wanted to play it up to Pav so that he could hold it up for a bit but he was on the half way line! :BRICK:

I'm going to break something soon if I can't figure out a way to get them to stay permanently up the pitch.

Had some right wow moments last night.

Used the manual pass function on a few occassions to play the ball into space. It's much better than you can use it as and when you feel rather than have to always use it or never use it (per game - like fifa). Played some lovely balls with Ronnie and Seedorf.

Scored a belter with Huntelaar. Had a throw in level with the 18 yard line. Launched it long to Huntelaar, he chested the ball up into the air and over the defender's head, turned and smashed it on the half volley into the top corner. Keeper didn't even move. Amazing goal.

Took the ball round the keeper for the first time aswell with Pato. That felt nice.

I also noticed playing at the Olympico on an afternoon is almost breathtaking. The lighting and shade on end of the pitch is mesmerizing.

This game is almost perfect imo.

I must add i've done a bit of editing with personal stats to basically make players more responsive and less receptive to performing that ridiculously slow turn on the ball.

Had some right wow moments last night.

Used the manual pass function on a few occassions to play the ball into space. It's much better than you can use it as and when you feel rather than have to always use it or never use it (per game - like fifa). Played some lovely balls with Ronnie and Seedorf.

Scored a belter with Huntelaar. Had a throw in level with the 18 yard line. Launched it long to Huntelaar, he chested the ball up into the air and over the defender's head, turned and smashed it on the half volley into the top corner. Keeper didn't even move. Amazing goal.

Took the ball round the keeper for the first time aswell with Pato. That felt nice.

I also noticed playing at the Olympico on an afternoon is almost breathtaking. The lighting and shade on end of the pitch is mesmerizing.

This game is almost perfect imo.

I must add i've done a bit of editing with personal stats to basically make players more responsive and less receptive to performing that ridiculously slow turn on the ball.

what version mate?

I have noticed that the ps3 has better lighting than the 360. Especially on day games.

PS3 version has faster response times than 360. 360 version plays more slower realistic futbol in my opinion. Two very different games on each console.Strange.

Very strange. I see it the other way round to be honest. The 360 has better response times and is more fluid, the PS3 has sharper graphics and plays slower for me. But better.

Back
Top Bottom