PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

LOL this really swings from sublime to downright laughable. I suppose this isn't scripting at all either. I'm dealing with a through-ball over the top, the CPU's virtually only means of attack, I'm probably going to get to the ball first, oh, wait, the CPU has made my keeper rush out of his box without me telling him to.

Oh, wait. Now my keeper's just stopped outside his area. Oh, wait, now he's just standing there like he's forgotten what he's meant to be doing. Oh, wait, the CPU shoots pretty much a foot to the side of the keeper and he stands and does nothing but let it run past him. The game now finishes 1-1 when I deserved the win. I've improved my own game, and my ML team to the point where I rarely concede a 'footballing' goal, one where I was out-passed, pulled around, out-played. The CPU has little means with which to score against me now, and so I'm literally seeing shit like this every time I concede a goal. The game before this, I let in several goals in one match because the CPU kept screwing with cursor switching to the point that it was removing control of several players in a row as they went in for a tackle, then making them shuffle backwards away from the ball carrier.

So, in this example, the CPU played a lofted through-ball, then took control of my keeper and made him pretty much vacate the goal so it could just tap it into an empty net. Hmm. Nice to know you can rely on the game being fair in a vital ML match then.

Oh, and just so people know, my keeper was an 80-rated international goalkeeper on a yellow form arrow. Go figure.

YouTube - ??

It could happen in real life...maybe the goalie went out for a few beers the night before /end sarcasm ...its constant scenarios like this that made me un-install the game I really don't know how people put up with it

As to the cheating and the overly precise CPU-AI:

I remember when I was still (not banned) on the WENB-forums, after PES 2011 came out, people there wrote wishlists/feedback for PES 2012 and a lot wished for a more difficult CPU-AI, the exact words for : "an AI, that would rape us backward and sideways".

There's a fittin saying:

Beware what you wish for... you might get it. :LOL:

Loving the posts on here at the minute. Made my day, even if it wasn't intentional.
@ LTFC that must have been annoying to say the least.
Exactly the same thing happened to me in a league game, (Siena V Lazio) where I dominated 56-44% possession and controlled the game. Then my goalkeeper Bkric decided to charge out of his goal onto an advancing through ball and run past the ball altogether, leaving the striker with an empty net. Disgraceful.
However, the mess that is PES 2012 is still pleasurable and frustrating to play in equal measure and that's putting it nicely.

The stand out glitch/bug and definitely the most annoying was outlined above.
I play a through ball to a striker running at the defence. He then stops.
Does he think he's offside? Is he trying to get onside? Do I have to anticipate this is going to happen and use super cancel? Am I psychic ffs?
It was present in 2011 and it's reared it's ugly head again. Disappointing.
If I'm doing something tell me please. Strikers do not just stop running at a ball which they are physically capable of getting on to.
Patch 1.06 has improved goalkeepers, (again) which is frankly laughable. Good shot stoppers but that's it.
The play is now so loose, that the much lauded 'burst' makes players forget the ball or turn in an opposite direction.
Even R2 control (playstation) doesn't have the desired effect with regards to controlling a pass and making a quick turn. The ball gets left behind???.
It still reels me in though and I like everyone else hopes for a better 2013. Anticipation and disappointment in equal measure awaits for the next year or so at least.
Hope I'm wrong.

^ If they are using the same dated engine then you will be wrong, I'd love to see the days where PES ruled again but it just isnt going to happen the way they are going

how much do you all think tactics play a part in the game. My example is this. For probably 10-15 matches I was using klashmans tactics for juventus, getting horrible results. He had very low support range, and attack settings, i brought them all up to balance and turned pressing down. We also set jenkeys difficult level to normal. But now we are on a run of victories without conceding a goal in something like 6 straight. I am inclined to think this is the difficulty level. However we are playing better football.I guess the only way to find out is to set the difficulty level back up.

I'm new here, but i have been playing PES since PES 3 to PES 6, greatest PES.. Then there was a long time of useless PES. I tried FIFA every year since 2010, but it never caught my attention.. Until there was PES 2011, which was average but playable...

At the beginning I also thought that PES 2012 was average, due to strange tempo changes with passing and high balls.. Ball felt like a beach ball and the complete automatic standard settings are bisar... But since the updates and DLC pack I thought it's a lot better. Even think this is the best pes since PES 6, finally good tempo and ball feeling and better manual control. What are your opinions about it?

As to the cheating and the overly precise CPU-AI:

I remember when I was still (not banned) on the WENB-forums, after PES 2011 came out, people there wrote wishlists/feedback for PES 2012 and a lot wished for a more difficult CPU-AI, the exact words for : "an AI, that would rape us backward and sideways".

There's a fittin saying:

Beware what you wish for... you might get it. :LOL:

lol i remember this!

but to be fair, don't you think what people also meant (though perhaps should have said) is that they want a killer cpu ai in terms of build up play and then finishing?

what we have now in 2012 is just rapid, direct dribbling, super-accurate crosses, killer finishing. I think what everyone wanted was amazing build-up (so that we could play strategic defense) and we ended up with lightning-quick counter-attack.

Thus we hear the cries of scripting. Frankly, I don't think there is any scripting per se, at least in the way people mean it on this forum. Instead, I think we just have horrible cpu build-up and that makes it feel like scripting.

So, for example, if you have possession for 60-65% of the game and take 7 shots and the CPU has 35% of the ball but takes 18 shots (14 on target!) it's going to feel like scripting when they score. If the CPU can score in 3 passes, 2 dribbles, and one cross, while the human player spends 15 passes, 5 dribbles, and one cross just to get the ball in the damn box and doesn't score, that is going to feel like scripting.

Good day.

lol i remember this!

but to be fair, don't you think what people also meant (though perhaps should have said) is that they want a killer cpu ai in terms of build up play and then finishing?

what we have now in 2012 is just rapid, direct dribbling, super-accurate crosses, killer finishing. I think what everyone wanted was amazing build-up (so that we could play strategic defense) and we ended up with lightning-quick counter-attack.

Thus we hear the cries of scripting. Frankly, I don't think there is any scripting per se, at least in the way people mean it on this forum. Instead, I think we just have horrible cpu build-up and that makes it feel like scripting.

So, for example, if you have possession for 60-65% of the game and take 7 shots and the CPU has 35% of the ball but takes 18 shots (14 on target!) it's going to feel like scripting when they score. If the CPU can score in 3 passes, 2 dribbles, and one cross, while the human player spends 15 passes, 5 dribbles, and one cross just to get the ball in the damn box and doesn't score, that is going to feel like scripting.

Good day.

Scripting is a word that is too strong, as that would mean that a certain end-result is preprogrammed and no matter what you try you can't change it one bit. That isn't the case, but what I observed is that when the CPU wants to score and I defend very well and don't let it, the game uses unfair methods to succeed like stat-boosting.

Suddenly their players are faster than before and can so easily outpace my defenders on the wings and make good crosses from the endline into the goal-area where their strikers due to boosted speed could get free from my defenders.

Another method is to let loose balls go to the players of the CPU in 9/10 cases.

Or the goalkeeper parries more often the ball into the legs of the CPU-strikers.

Also nice is that sometimes I can't select a certain player or despite pressing the button the defender doesn't react at all allowing the opponent to score.

These are real and I call them cheatings, not scripting, because you can still fight and try to score again.

LOL, today I had a match where I was 2:0 up front in the first half and lost 2:3 nonetheless, eventhough my defending was actually very good.

Playing on superstar and zero-assistance.

The difference between me and the CPU is I need literally about half a dozen good opportunities until I score, the CPU just needs half an opportunity when it is down and it scores. The goals of the CPU were rediculous, a pass and then a direct shot from outside the goal-area... I never expected that weak attempt to go past my goalkeeper but it did. The others were not better, one of them was a lame backheaded header that I also expected the goalkeeper to easily get, but no.

What makes it a travesty is that I got fouled three times in the goal-area of the CPU when I tried to make it 3:3, and never did I get a penalty, and one very nice opportunity went onto the goalpost.

This cheating-nonesense needs to be toned way down for PES 2013.

The last games I played yesterday at night were great, really good. Surely there were those weird moments that I could avoid a CPU goal but something weird (out of my control) happened that made impossible to do it, but the gameplay as a whole was great, varied and more unpredictable.

This game is ridiculously incosistent. I have no idea if the CPU AI will play those attacking plays in God-mode and with an unfair (overpressured, 2 vs 1 all the time), artificial and impenetrable defence area.

Last edited:
What I really don't like in PES 2012 besides the at times bad goalkeeper, the stat-boosts and awful playerswitching is... control of the players:

When I have the cursor on a player I expect to have full control over him, no matter what. If I press run, he should run, if I press slide, he should slide, if I change direction of his path, he should change it.

But often this is not the case. The only time I have this level of control is when the player in question has the ball, but when not the control is not there:

Let's say the opponent has the ball and my player is on a railed run towards him, I can't adapt the angle or the speed, it's all automated and all I can do is use the tackle-button or supercancel it all.

Let's say the ball is rolling towards the side-line and I run towards it to get it. Suddenly my player slows down and stops because he thinks he won't get to it in time. What the hell? I want to decide if it is feasible to continue the run or not, the cursor is on him so I should be able to control him.

Same goes for slide-tackles, I press it and sometimes the player deems it unfeasible and refrains from doing it.

Or when the opponent's goalkeeper has the ball and wants to shoot it high, one of my strikers finds it interesting to go behind the goalkeeper or examine the net of the goal. I put the cursor on him to pull him back from that nonesense and offside and I press run to make him move quicker but he doesn't run, he merely walks back.

Or when offside gets whistled, my player immediately stops all action eventhough I pressed the shoot-button or the run-button...

This has to be fixed: If the cursor is on a player, I should have total control (running, jogging, walking, shooting, sliding, whatever) over his actions regardless the situation.

Another thing is more cosmetical:

At the beginning of the match I would like to see the coin-throw to decide who plays which side.

And I don't know if it was only in the euro-matches or in every matches: I would like to hear that 10-second-countdown before the match starts.

And I would like to see the referree with an animation, actually taking his hand with the whistle to his mouth when whistling.

absolutely spot on m8 regarding the controlling of the player, i have noticed this also, like when my defender is running with my opponents forward but i want to make him come across to sort of close him down sometimes the game wont let you do it, its as tho he is on a rail and just carries along the same path.
the more i play this the more i notice how bad the AI of players on your team are, sometimes they have no idea where the ball is or where in relation to the ball they are. its stupid, sometimes they just stand as i have mentioned previously like a dog waiting for its owner to throw the ball and say fetch. also alot of problems are caused for the player because of the inept player switching this needs to be fixed pronto i can be moving one player towards a loose ball then it will just randomly switch to some player further away then the player you were previously controlling just stops. i love playing the game and its the best we have got at the moment but i hope these things are fixed first in pes2013 before all the other stuff like player id. just fix the basics first please!!!!

Last edited:
Scripting is a word that is too strong, as that would mean that a certain end-result is preprogrammed and no matter what you try you can't change it one bit. That isn't the case, but what I observed is that when the CPU wants to score and I defend very well and don't let it, the game uses unfair methods to succeed like stat-boosting.

Suddenly their players are faster than before and can so easily outpace my defenders on the wings and make good crosses from the endline into the goal-area where their strikers due to boosted speed could get free from my defenders.

Another method is to let loose balls go to the players of the CPU in 9/10 cases.

Or the goalkeeper parries more often the ball into the legs of the CPU-strikers.

Also nice is that sometimes I can't select a certain player or despite pressing the button the defender doesn't react at all allowing the opponent to score.

These are real and I call them cheatings, not scripting, because you can still fight and try to score again.

i honestly think that there are some games where the result is pre determined not the score as in 3-3 etc but wether you are destined to win or draw or lose. i think this is the case with some games. i play mainly online and i have been say 1-0 in front and its into the second half and you can see its as tho the game itself is trying to help my opponent to equalise its not a case of him being better its just that my players start being sluggish all round take ages on the ball do stupid things, i can hear myself saying why did he do that whats he doing there etc. it was like the other day where my gk just came running out of his net without me pressing anything straight past the ball leaving my opponent with a simple tap in.if its not scripting what is it? thats just one example, i have players who are under Ai control, that, just run into a player i have under my control just as he is about to clear it out of my penalty area.theres lots of things that happen that i dont see happening to the cpu team or when playing online it does not happen to my opponent who more than likely is playing as barca or r madrid or ac milan i tend to play as man city but the difference if you play as the main three teams is amazing regarding response and general AI behaviour.

Last edited:
When I have the cursor on a player I expect to have full control over him, no matter what.

I guess I've been playing PES for about 4-5 years. I think I've played more games than I should dare admit. And in every single game, at some point I catch myself saying under my breath: "why can't I do what I want?"

I guess I've been playing PES for about 4-5 years. I think I've played more games than I should dare admit. And in every single game, at some point I catch myself saying under my breath: "why can't I do what I want?"

PES and FIFA have recently had me asking that..
In PES its the player switching and them aimlessly wandering around the pitch
FIFA is the pass directions, at least PES has a you aimed to someone near you so it's going there.. On FIFA I had the ball with my CB and wanted to play the ball to my CM, he whacked it towards my ST trying to beat 7 players in the process, and why oh why do through balls always ALWAYS! Hit the damn defenders, it's a through ball for gods sake!

Back to PES, it's been a good year I reckon.. I've enjoyed 2012 more than 2011, even of it did have more flaws IMO, it was more enjoyable as a whole.

There seems to be no day passing by without another unbelievable cheating by the CPU:

The CPU makes a throughball to its right wingman. I saw that coming and ran with one of my defenders to get the ball before the wingman gets to it and makes a crossing. I decide to shoot the ball away into the side-out, my defender comes to the ball before the opponent's wingman, he makes the animation to shoot the ball out, but then... the CPU-wingman literally puts his foot through the foot (as if it were a ghost) of my defender, gives the ball a push forward... my defender caught in the shooting-away-animation misses the ball, the wingman goes around my defender, crosses the ball into the goal-area where an opponent-striker makes the goal.:COAT:

today playing pes2012 online in quick matches as man city and for the umpteenth time have reached the magical figure of 580pts . then as usual something kicks in and i have lost 6 games on the trot. despite winning 18 of my previous 20 games and losing 1. the way iam losing its so blatant its not as tho my opponents are all over me or better i am having more shots more possession corners etc, but when this game decides you aint gonna win you will not it as got to be the most blatant scripted cheating pes of the lot. i admit in some ways its the best but when the scripting or whatever kicks in then you can do nothing about it.
today its really pissing me off certain things happening are so blatant its worse than a bent slot machine at a fair.if pes 2013 is anywhere as bad as this i will not buy it. this version has took scripting or whatever you want to call it to new heights. have just had a situation where a loose ball drops just outside my penalty area. there are 3 of my players nearest the ball guess what happens, player switching does not select any of them and like synchronised swimmers they all back away from the ball at the same time allowing my opponent to get the ball, thresd a pass into the box for is striker to finish it off and that was is only shot on target in the game. at the moment things like this are happening every game it disgusting or as chris kamara would say unbelieveable geoff!!!!

Last edited:
update 7th game lost on the trot despite again more shots more possession etc my opponents two goals as i lost 2-1.
first goal toure my defender goes to get the ball just outside my box ref gives a foul he goes for one of those quick free kicks, toure my defender who made the tackle carries on running up the pitch he passes the ball forward to ronaldo who shoots 1-0 why did toure carry on running up the pitch when ref blew the whistle?
2nd goal he passes out of defence to halfwy line my centre back kompany runs forwrd to close his player down despite me controlling my midfield player who is near his player, my othe r centre back toure is stood more or less with my LB both marking nobody my RB is way out to the right wing marking nobody his player slots the ball forward to adebayor who is free down the middle with nobody within 10yrds either side of him. again nothing i could do all down to the AI of my players or again blatant scripting by the game. this is what i am up against at the moment. like i said when whatever it is kicks in there is nothing you can do!!!!

update again 8th game lost on the trot 4-2 again more possession more shots hit bar post etc numerous times my opponent had 5 shots on ntarget scored 4 still the game did not feel as bad as the previous 7. i have now dropped below the 500pts mark from 584 and like i said on numerous occasions whatever has kicked in, will now go and i will start winning again i bet i win the next match!! like i said i have been here loads of times so anybody who still thinks there is no scripting or whatever you want to callit happening in pes well i hope it continues a bit like my seven yr old daughter who still thinks there is a father christmas!!!

just played my 9th game like i said i won 3-1 my opponent was spain i again was man city the game felt more natural not as much obvious scripting or stupid Ai mistakes.
this will be more or less normal now till i get to 580pts mark again. and then bang groundhog day, it will kick in again and the same senario all over again.

Last edited:
PES and FIFA have recently had me asking that..
In PES its the player switching and them aimlessly wandering around the pitch
FIFA is the pass directions, at least PES has a you aimed to someone near you so it's going there.. On FIFA I had the ball with my CB and wanted to play the ball to my CM, he whacked it towards my ST trying to beat 7 players in the process, and why oh why do through balls always ALWAYS! Hit the damn defenders, it's a through ball for gods sake!

Back to PES, it's been a good year I reckon.. I've enjoyed 2012 more than 2011, even of it did have more flaws IMO, it was more enjoyable as a whole.

sounds like you are playing on assisted on Fifa, I have none of the above issues playing on manual controls. If you cant get used to full manual default settings knock the slider pass error down to around 35 from 50..it will still go where ever you point but there will slightly be less error

The game has a terrible habit of building me up with some amazing drama and goals only to completely ruin it within the same match. It's so frustrating.

I had a vital Europa League match away at PSV, comfortably held out until around the hour mark, before I crashed in a beauty from outside the area. Instantly, the game goes mental, the AI cuts through me like butter, and scores a header from a cross almost from kick off. The number of times I concede a goal almost immediately after scoring myself is incredible.

I then score another absolute beauty on the break, latching onto a high through ball and slotting past the keeper, and I think I'm gonna win 2-1, but no, literally the moment I take the lead, the game again goes mental and I repeatedly lose the ball or can't get to loose balls because the player switching is going violently all over the place for no reason. This happens six or seven times in quick succession followed by the CPU awarding itself a penalty in the last ten minutes for another non-challenge the game simply awarded itself. Despite this, I manage to save the penalty, but of course the CPU reacts to the rebound, he drills it across, my keeper dives and palms the ball away but perfectly into the path of the only other attacker in my penalty area, surrounded by five players it falls perfectly to his feet, 2-2.

Then, right at the end I have a long shot, it hits the underside of the bar. It literally was designed for me not to win, but the more I play it the more I see patterns of CPU activity in the game that repeats itself over and over when you take the lead in games where you feel like you can't win.

Sigh.

LTFC i totally agree you have the game down to a tee and everything you say is true.

But i found a way around it, regretfully though......

After gaining promotion after 3 wins on the bounce i was in heaven, then i just couldnt take any more as the following two games were just an utter disgrace can't pass, can't change players effectively, Can't defend, outpaced, poor keeping, can't tackle etc etc

so..........

I picked my ps3 up smashed it repeatedly off the floor, grabbed my controller and smashed it to pieces now i will never play any game again!!!

The game has killed my passion for any console game, maybe in time i will play consle games again. but im finished with this pathetic scripted BS, better things to do with my life......

:)

honestly anymore than an hour at anyone time on this game is enough for me. the faults scripting bias and stupid Ai is enough for me. i like my football fix but like i say an hour is enough. in the ps2 days and pes 6 /we10 there was not enough hours in the day. but this is such a fustrating game because of the known problems. please please seabass fix it for pes2013. i honestly think the scripting was put in because they ran out of time what with the earthquake and we ended up with a cheap bit of codeing. anybody who can play more than an hour on this game deserves a medal and must have the patience of a saint and a good sense of humour.

Yeah I'm beginning to think about ditching the game for the final time, I just got knocked out of the Portuguese cup quarter final thanks to the CPU benefiting from awful player switching issues yet again. A long aimless ball should have been collected by my defender, I ran over to the ball unchallenged, then just before I got to it the game took control of him away to someone else further away from the ball. With the second defender, the exact same thing happened again, letting the CPU gain control of the ball in a situation where it had absolutely no right to. He then speed burst past one challenge before hitting a pathetic, slow 'shot' at my keeper from a slight angle, and he just flopped on the floor and let it trickle about five inches past him and roll into the net. A laughably bad goal the game just awarded itself.

I then spend the entire game failing to score, Heldon had a one-on-one ten yards out, I aimed up on the stick, shot, kept the stick aimed directly up the entire time, and his shot floated wide the complete opposite direction to where I told him to shoot, as if I'd been holding down on the direction stick the whole time. Absolutely bizarre.

So I went out of the cup I'd spent ages working towards thanks to two sets of player switching issues gifting the CPU the ball, then yet another dreadful AI balls up regarding my keeper, then bizarre shooting issues ruining my best chance to equalise.

At the end of the game, the stats showed that I had 64% of the ball, 13 shots to the CPU's 1, and I lost 1-0 thanks to the circumstances above. And that's me dumped out of the cup because the game is sometimes a broken mess.

Back
Top Bottom