PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Something bizarre happened yesterday for the first time. Playing BAL, manager throws me in at the 64th minute, CPU takes their kick, it goes out of play, I'm subbed. :CONFUSE:

I was barely in for a second, lol. Checked the stats at the end of the game, obviously it is 0s everywhere apart from "time on pitch - 64 mins". Again... :CONFUSE:

Something bizarre happened yesterday for the first time. Playing BAL, manager throws me in at the 64th minute, CPU takes their kick, it goes out of play, I'm subbed. :CONFUSE:

I was barely in for a second, lol. Checked the stats at the end of the game, obviously it is 0s everywhere apart from "time on pitch - 64 mins". Again... :CONFUSE:

Wow that's both appalling and funny at the same time. Maybe your manager really got the hump over something :P

hahaha Lami. That's gold.

I put on BAL last night actually. Playing at Feyenoord. I always end up in Holland for the first season lol. I think it's close to my favourite game mode, because you can play in the different cups, for your country and also play across different leagues :) And you get more excited when your created player scores lol.

Wow that's both appalling and funny at the same time. Maybe your manager really got the hump over something :P
Haha.
hahaha Lami. That's gold.

I put on BAL last night actually. Playing at Feyenoord. I always end up in Holland for the first season lol. I think it's close to my favourite game mode, because you can play in the different cups, for your country and also play across different leagues :) And you get more excited when your created player scores lol.

Yea. That's pretty much what I play now. Like you mentioned, much more dynamic compared to ML for me. I'm playing on regular though, can't be bothered with professional/superstar anymore. It might be a tad easier but it's still competitive enough for me and gives me the enjoyment I want from this game.

Also started in Holland with Excelsior. We were pretty crap for the first 7 games and were last. Then things clicked and we started winning while dropping some and managed to top the league! Lost our cup run though. Now we're in the CL :D

Also got called up for the Australian national team (Ahem :P) and wom the Asian Cup :D

This season is going to be hectic though regarding games. I have the league, cup, CL, and National team call ups.

I did get offered a contract from Benfica and even though the salary was quite lucrative, I did reject it. I'm the captain of me team and playing every game + we're in CL now. I want to try and win the CL with Excelsior first, and give myself the chance to develop faster. Benfica's squad is more competitive for me but I don't want to stay on the bench, even though they did indicate my chances to play were 87%, but I'm hardly going to compete with Aimar for the AMF spot with my current stats.

So, extended another year with Excelsior with a pay-rise (Hardly going to do much in-game with it and makes me imagine if only I can have them printed out of my PS3 somehow :P).

Looking forward to my 2nd season!

And that's me dumped out of the cup because the game is sometimes a broken mess.

Why haven't you simply restarted the match? When I lose a match due to cheating or bugs in the game like the awful playerswitching-issues, I just laugh it off and restart the match.

But you love drama ;)

Well done Lami - I got snubbed on the first lot of International games from the Aussie coach but hopefully I'm good enough soon to get a call up. That was brilliant last year when I would play in the green and gold. I was going to choose Italy but I thought it would be easier to get into the Aussie side haha.

just played a game of pes 2012 today thats me done for this scripted cheating mess of a game till the next version. i was man city he was man city in the ist half i was all over him could not score in the second half all his players were twice as fast as mine. all mine moved like slugs had took an age to even kick the ball. no it was not lag it was as if the game was determined to make him win at all costs. absolutely bent this game and finally drove the last nail into the coffin for me.things are happening to frequently now and i get more and more irratated by it so thats me done with this game it promised so much but went down the scripting mode too much for my likeing.

I take a hiatus from playing PES 2012 and playing now Fifa 12 again for a while. It seems I need to switch between them to keep things fresh and to keep my sanity.

In both games cheating exists, in PES 2012 it is more, but in Fifa 12 strange things happen around the 45th/90th minute.

I love the freedom and animation-transitions of Fifa 12 and I like to use R1 for close dribbling. It even has a little inertia/momentum although it needs much more of that. What I don't like at all is the perfect ball-control of everyone, it's like all players have put superglue on their boots. But Fifa 13 will finally get rid of that.

Yeah, the offensive AI in Fifa 12 is clearly worse than in PES 2012 and the playermodels look a bit strange.

But like I said once in a while I need a bit change.

sometimes some games feel like the controller in my hand is just a placebo.
i am supposed to be playing the game but what is happening bears no relation to what i am doing with the controller. passes and shots not going where i am aiming players not moving or doing to what i am doing with the left stick. and then i go past my opponents say full back and my winger stops for no apparent reason just so his defender can catch up.
stupid!!!

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 - Super AI dribbling skills HD (720p)

I wonder since when Huntelaar became Messi in KONAMI eyes LOL. Getting past 4 defenders... Of course with last ones I lost control of them :/.

I hope this gets fixed in PES 2013... It's crazy how AI super dribbles and yet when you do it, AI defenders are on your back fast enough to kill you on the spot :(.

i think that's mostly because of the broken collision system
your defenders try to stop Huntelaar, but it seems like your defenders are ghosts. The tackling and sliding tackle don't have effect on Huntelaar for the most part

that should be fixed

It's bordering on disgraceful how this got released with so many issues with player switching. I'm not exaggerating when I say that around one in every three goals I concede in ML is not my fault and happens because the AI fucks up massively.

What I'm finding is that the more I play ML, the more I'm finding it happen over and over. I never had any player switching issues when I first started, but as my team improves, as does the standard of the opponents I'm facing, the faster the game is getting and it's almost as if the game can't keep up with itself, meaning the issues are happening more and more frequently. If it happens from now on and I go a goal down then I'm just gonna switch it off without completing the rest of the match, because it's genuinely interfering with the game now.

I just lost a match today in a pathetic manner. The ball ran loose in midfield, I went over to collect the ball, then the game took control away from him and my player just ran away from the ball. The CPU was then able to launch an attack, made easier by the fact that I again had switching issues, then when the cross came in, the game removed control of all my players in th box, making me a spectator. My keeper again bizarrely rushed out, and a pathetic, weak, deflected header span and trickled into an empty net.

I the n proceeded to hit the bar three times, found their keeper unbeatable, and lost 1-0 despite having 14 shots on target to their 1.

I wouldn't mind the bugs so much were it not for the fact that a. The game seems to absolutely revel in exploiting those bugs, and b. such bugs only seem to benefit the CPU, I guess because where the opposition is concerned, the game doesn't have to deal with calculating control and cursor inputs from an external source. But everyone complained about cursor switching in PES2011, but personally, I find it miles worse in this year's game. Absolutely miles worse, to the point where it's seriously impeding my ability to play the game.

Last edited:
It's bordering on disgraceful how this got released with so many issues with player switching..

Agreed, playerswitching is imho the biggest problem followed by player-awareness, ballphysics, goalkeepers, referees and general cheating to hide a not so clever CPU-AI.

correct the player switching is the biggest problem in the game. for the human player because when the player switching does not work correctly then the players under AI control on your team are stupid and need to be made more ball aware. I have lost count the number of times when player switching does not work and a player under AI contol can be a foot a way from a loose ball and he just stands still or backs away from it.if the player switching worked then i could move that player to the ball, but it doesn't and he will not move to it, stupid just plain stupid the cpu does not have this problem, also players playing as barca r madrid and ac milan don;t seem to have this problem when i have played them.
the player switching should be one of the basics of the game and needs to be fixed 1st for pes2013 before any animation or whatever.

Well I've said it before but with the demo on the horizon I've played my last ML game, probably my last PES2012 game. It's an embarrassingly broken mess.

I had a four point lead at the top of the Primeira Liga in Portugal at the halfway stage of the season quickly wiped out, then overtaken, because of a poor run of results where I lost points because of player switching for FOUR consecutive matches. Every goal I concede seems to be the result of shitty switching issues or freak goals, or both. It's become game breaking.

Game 1: I draw thanks to the CPU equalising when it randomly makes my keeper wander off out of his area. I dominated the game, had over five times the number of efforts on goal.

Game 2: I draw again, this time because player switching removes control of my players three times in a row, then a cross comes in and it again removes all control. Again, I dominated, hit the bar three times. 1-1.

Game 3: I draw 0-0 despite having 21 shots on goal, hit the bar twice, missed three one-on-ones with their keeper and the shooting going absolutely fucking mental on me right at the last moment. Two of those shots went in the opposite direction I told it to, and all three randomly flying off into the night sky despite the power bar being charged at about 5% power. How can you charge the shot so that it should all but trickle at the goal and have it fly off about 50 yards into the stands?

Game 4: Level with Porto, I then play them for a huge six-pointer. Straight off, all sense of realism flies out the window when I see I'm up against a Porto midfield of INESTA and LAMPARD. Fucking rubbish.

I then let in a ridiculous goal where the CPU pumps a 60 yard long ball and before the ball lands, Iniesta scores some kind of super-human acrobatic volley from nearly 40 yards that the camera couldn't even keep up with. I then manage to grab a late equaliser, before this shit happens:

Lampard chases a loose ball in the centre of midfield, but he's furthest away from the ball and surrounded by three of my own players. The game freaks out yet again, rapidly switching control between all three of them, and this on semi-assisted apparently, but each time it makes the previous player just stop moving. In a comedy of errors, Lampard just strolls through and gets the ball, plays a pass to Varela who super-human skips past multiple challenges, works his way towards the area before I manage to slow him up, then he hits a terrible wayward shot which just so happens to fly into Hulk's face and deflect it perfectly into the bottom corner. What a complete load of bollocks, how the game can so consistently manage to screw you over with freak goals is incredible.

Every goal I concede is something like this, or because of player switching in my penalty area. Every fucking goal. So, that's me done with it for sure now. Roll on PES2013, hopefully they'll produce a game that might be fit for purpose.

Also note in the video, the amazing attempt from my keeper to get some kind of hand on the ball. Or not.

YouTube - 1

Last edited:
Absolutely at the same point as LTFC.
The more I play PES12 the worst it gets.

Ive been a big advocate and protector of PES12 over the months, I have absolutely LOVED the game at points, but 16 seasons in and im not sure if I can play on.

Its been well documented, all the flaws with the game so i wont rant but im just fed up with the constant CPU bullshit, im enjoying less than 40% of the games now and as my gaming time is precious and limited, this isnt good.

16 seasons, over 900 games and over 400hrs of game play, ive pretty much seen all PES12 has to offer, the shoddy team mate AI, CPU uber-scripting, unrealistic CPU abilities for lowly teams, Unrealistic annoying Master League missions/player talks...
Ive recently stepped up to Superstar in an attempt to see if the games are more open and flowing than the identikit park the bus, constant presssure, script fest that professional is.
I'll see how it goes.

Well I've said it before but with the demo on the horizon I've played my last ML game, probably my last PES2012 game. It's an embarrassingly broken mess.

I had a four point lead at the top of the Primeira Liga in Portugal at the halfway stage of the season quickly wiped out, then overtaken, because of a poor run of results where I lost points because of player switching for FOUR consecutive matches. Every goal I concede seems to be the result of shitty switching issues or freak goals, or both. It's become game breaking.

Game 1: I draw thanks to the CPU equalising when it randomly makes my keeper wander off out of his area. I dominated the game, had over five times the number of efforts on goal.

Game 2: I draw again, this time because player switching removes control of my players three times in a row, then a cross comes in and it again removes all control. Again, I dominated, hit the bar three times. 1-1.

Game 3: I draw 0-0 despite having 21 shots on goal, hit the bar twice, missed three one-on-ones with their keeper and the shooting going absolutely fucking mental on me right at the last moment. Two of those shots went in the opposite direction I told it to, and all three randomly flying off into the night sky despite the power bar being charged at about 5% power. How can you charge the shot so that it should all but trickle at the goal and have it fly off about 50 yards into the stands?

Game 4: Level with Porto, I then play them for a huge six-pointer. Straight off, all sense of realism flies out the window when I see I'm up against a Porto midfield of INESTA and LAMPARD. Fucking rubbish.

I then let in a ridiculous goal where the CPU pumps a 60 yard long ball and before the ball lands, Iniesta scores some kind of super-human acrobatic volley from nearly 40 yards that the camera couldn't even keep up with. I then manage to grab a late equaliser, before this shit happens:

Lampard chases a loose ball in the centre of midfield, but he's furthest away from the ball and surrounded by three of my own players. The game freaks out yet again, rapidly switching control between all three of them, and this on semi-assisted apparently, but each time it makes the previous player just stop moving. In a comedy of errors, Lampard just strolls through and gets the ball, plays a pass to Varela who super-human skips past multiple challenges, works his way towards the area before I manage to slow him up, then he hits a terrible wayward shot which just so happens to fly into Hulk's face and deflect it perfectly into the bottom corner. What a complete load of bollocks, how the game can so consistently manage to screw you over with freak goals is incredible.

Every goal I concede is something like this, or because of player switching in my penalty area. Every fucking goal. So, that's me done with it for sure now. Roll on PES2013, hopefully they'll produce a game that might be fit for purpose.

Also note in the video, the amazing attempt from my keeper to get some kind of hand on the ball. Or not.

YouTube - 1

That looks sad, but its obvious that PES 2012 is pretty crap without patches and gameplay modes. With them its best football game on the planet earth :PIRATE:

So no patching no PC = FIFA 12
PC and patches = PES 2012

and for all other haters PES 2014 with new engine.

Last edited:
Yeah I think the decision to leave the game is a wise one! It's frustrating because in terms of the management side of ML I've finally defeated the game, all the scrimping and saving and trading of shitty default ML players paid off and I've gone from penniless and near the bottom of Division Two to playing Europa League football and competing for the Portuguese title, and am recieving all the millions that comes with it.

However, like many of us have been saying, the more you play it and the 'better' the teams you play, the more the game's issues seem to come to the fore. And yeah, I'm sick of seeing their keeper pull of amazing save after save only for me to concede a goal out of nothing where, like that vid shows, it hits someone in the face and deflects in, or my keeper decides he's going off for his holidays early and vacates his goal, the list of crappy and unfair comedy goals I concede is bizarre.

Funnily enough, the majority of the time it barely happened, but seems to always happen in a vital match, or once you manage to get to the top of the league.

I've only played about four seasons so credit anyone who stuck it out for sixteen! I'd be a babbling wreck if I'd have to do that, like I said, the better my team becomes, the more I dominate the CPU, and the more often I'm getting suckered by somee kind of crazy, bizarre goal down to either crappy coding errors or random goals that never happen in real life. Take the Iniesta goal I mentioned earlier, I dominated Porto from start to finish but lost thanks to that goal I showed, and a 40-yard flying bycicle kick. Crazy.

I've had a good run in the game, enjoyed some brilliant moments but the fact that I'm practically switching the game off and restarting every two or three matches now because I'm dropping points due to the issues I've mentioned, and something's drastically wrong with the game.

Also, after all the enjoyment I've got from ML, I found it hugely disappointing to find that my team assembled on the cheap, by developing youth players and wheeling and dealing, came to nothing when I realised that the game just made Porto and Sporting make some ridiculous signings, like lampard and Iniesta to Porto, and Aguero to Sporting for something like £25 million. If I made a bid for Aguero, both Aguero and Man City would turn it down, and probably ask for a fee of about £100 million. Yet when a CPU team makes a bid, he's happy to go and Man City accept £25 million instead.

I'm also kind confused where these clubs in my league are conjuring up such cash to begin with. Oh well, I'll just file that under the same game logic as my right back demanding the number 10 shirt or another player complaining about being left out of the side, then complaining that he's tired when I do pick him...

well ltfc, all i can say mate is that if you want to do something between now and late september.. buy a decent pc, it will play this game, nothing too fancy. Jenkeys ai and cheat script removals coupled with this more powerful shot slider, really balance this game out... plus you get all of the stadiums, boots and real kits.... i can attest it is worth it

I feel your pain LTFC.
Have gone from using the defaults with no money in Div 2 to top 3 in premier league, Europa league champions and have 300 million in the bank to spend. Doesnt make the game any easier when it decides its gonna f&&* you up though.

Id love to try the game on a high end PC with the patches istalled, I can imagine its a joy, but have just bought a new iMac so wont be doing that anytime soon.

Yeah I think the decision to leave the game is a wise one! It's frustrating because in terms of the management side of ML I've finally defeated the game, all the scrimping and saving and trading of shitty default ML players paid off and I've gone from penniless and near the bottom of Division Two to playing Europa League football and competing for the Portuguese title, and am recieving all the millions that comes with it.

However, like many of us have been saying, the more you play it and the 'better' the teams you play, the more the game's issues seem to come to the fore. And yeah, I'm sick of seeing their keeper pull of amazing save after save only for me to concede a goal out of nothing where, like that vid shows, it hits someone in the face and deflects in, or my keeper decides he's going off for his holidays early and vacates his goal, the list of crappy and unfair comedy goals I concede is bizarre.

Funnily enough, the majority of the time it barely happened, but seems to always happen in a vital match, or once you manage to get to the top of the league.

I've only played about four seasons so credit anyone who stuck it out for sixteen! I'd be a babbling wreck if I'd have to do that, like I said, the better my team becomes, the more I dominate the CPU, and the more often I'm getting suckered by somee kind of crazy, bizarre goal down to either crappy coding errors or random goals that never happen in real life. Take the Iniesta goal I mentioned earlier, I dominated Porto from start to finish but lost thanks to that goal I showed, and a 40-yard flying bycicle kick. Crazy.

I've had a good run in the game, enjoyed some brilliant moments but the fact that I'm practically switching the game off and restarting every two or three matches now because I'm dropping points due to the issues I've mentioned, and something's drastically wrong with the game.

Also, after all the enjoyment I've got from ML, I found it hugely disappointing to find that my team assembled on the cheap, by developing youth players and wheeling and dealing, came to nothing when I realised that the game just made Porto and Sporting make some ridiculous signings, like lampard and Iniesta to Porto, and Aguero to Sporting for something like £25 million. If I made a bid for Aguero, both Aguero and Man City would turn it down, and probably ask for a fee of about £100 million. Yet when a CPU team makes a bid, he's happy to go and Man City accept £25 million instead.

I'm also kind confused where these clubs in my league are conjuring up such cash to begin with. Oh well, I'll just file that under the same game logic as my right back demanding the number 10 shirt or another player complaining about being left out of the side, then complaining that he's tired when I do pick him...

Been reading through your posts and your feelings and frustrations echo mine in a lot of areas. Finally put this game away for good a couple of months ago for the sake of my sanity and most importantly, my love of football.

Id love to try the game on a high end PC with the patches istalled, I can imagine its a joy, but have just bought a new iMac so wont be doing that anytime soon.

Ehh... your new imac is a very powerful PC, should easily run PES 2012 in highest quality. You only need to partition your harddisk with Bootcamp 4.0 (part of Lion) and an installation CD with windows 7 and then you're ready to rock'n'roll.

I think the new imacs have even HDMI-outs so you can easily connect it with your full-HD-TV if you have one. And you can use one of these wired xbox360-pads on one of the USB-ports.

Ehh... your new imac is a very powerful PC, should easily run PES 2012 in highest quality. You only need to partition your harddisk with Bootcamp 4.0 (part of Lion) and an installation CD with windows 7 and then you're ready to rock'n'roll.

I think the new imacs have even HDMI-outs so you can easily connect it with your full-HD-TV if you have one. And you can use one of these wired xbox360-pads on one of the USB-ports.

Thanks mate, am all new to Macs after making the convert from PC because im an Apple loving geek.
Thats a possibility, I have a genuine copy of windows 7, a wired XBOX/PC controller, so am geared up for your suggestion.
Will prob wait til Mountain Lion drops soon before trying to bootcamp a win7 installation.

I just prefer my gaming to be on PS3 via the 42" 3D TV.
or id even more so prefer the console ver's of PES to not be full of gameplay flaws!

Thanks mate, am all new to Macs after making the convert from PC because im an Apple loving geek.
Thats a possibility, I have a genuine copy of windows 7, a wired XBOX/PC controller, so am geared up for your suggestion.
Will prob wait til Mountain Lion drops soon before trying to bootcamp a win7 installation.

I just prefer my gaming to be on PS3 via the 42" 3D TV.
or id even more so prefer the console ver's of PES to not be full of gameplay flaws!

Come post in the PC thread mate, we'll get you set up. You'll love the Mac even more with Windows on it. Bootcamp runs seprately so you can upgrade to Mountain Lion separately.

Back
Top Bottom