PES 2012 Football Life thread

Well my Rodos team's form has picked up, Agata has came back into the squad after letting us down in the cup game against Diagoras when he got sent off and we got beat 1-0.

Knocked in a few goals and we've climbed upto 3rd in the table.

The chairman has demanded Europa League qualification, can see that target being met and probably more to be honest.

Besiktas who hammered us, are sitting top, but are well within reach at this early stage.

FD

LMAO @ LT's rants - which in large i completely agree with.
Some games in PES are just simply 'un-winnable' !!! End of.

The CPU is able to pass the ball about with 1 touch lightninging fast laser guided passes, in a packed penbalty area and fire off a pin point accurate shot, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
If you somehow manage to avoid conceding, then you can best your last dollar that somehow it will engineer a pathetic deflection in order to win a corner and score from that.
Or my favourite, your players will run into eachother to cause a loose ball for the CPU to bounce on.
If you somehow do manage to get a goal back, the CPU see's it as you mocking its authority, and will straight from kick off, maraud up the pitch and score again, at will.

All this happens, fact, no other argument against it.
BUT, despite all this..... I keep coming back for more and more and more....... 14 seasons into my ML campaign, ive been cheatingly knocked out of this seasons champions league, am in the FA Cup quarters against a seemingly super powered liverpool team, and languishing in 7th place in the league.
despote that, all the annoying unrealistic chairman missions and pointless cut scenes, i still bloody Love Master League, think about it when im not even playing and put up with all those annoyances because when it plays right, its bloody beautiful.

But - i hate night games and i hate super cancel!!!

Just thought I'd drop my latest update on here, 28 fixtures in an I'm top of the Championship! We've won 14, drawn 7 and lost 6.. Scoring 56 in the process while conceding 37, defence has been an issue but hell one you can always score one more than the opposition, it's fine right? We have 49 points, enough to be just 2 points clear of Birmingham in 2nd and 5 clear of West Brom who are 4th so the promotion is looking safe.
Mine and the League top scorer is Firmino with 16, since Taarabt has departed he's come into his on! He had 7 goals in 4 games at the start of the season, Poepon and Pelaez are joint 12th in the league on 7 a piece.
Firmino also leads the assists charts with 10, Shimizu is 3rd on 8, Pelaez 6th with 7 and Camacho 14th with 5 assists.

I've tied up 3 players on the Bosman rule already, and I'm sure they'll make a big difference!
First up was Morrocan Attacking Midfielder Belhanda from Monterllier HSC currently 88 rated and just 24 years old he is probably the biggest addition to the squad, you should've seen my first when it came up that I'd tied a deal for him, I was so happy! Only £1.3million wages as well, for 5 years! So even if I manage to fail in my promotion bid, I can afford him with the £16million from Taarabt!
Next I tried to sign Giroud, not a freebie but I wanted him, he knocked back my approaches and so I turned my attentions to another Bosman boy, J. Campbell a Costa Rican Striker signing on a 2 year deal from another French team FC Lorient, he's 22 years old and rated 80, he's got a strong left foot and so may be a viable option instead of Giroud, his wages are just £282k also.
Last until the preseason window was Ivory Coasy star Tiote agreeing a 1 year deal worth £1.3million from Newcastle, the 28 year old Defensive Midfielder is rated 85 and will strengthen my defensive options next year.

I'd also (if I get promoted) like to sign:
Hutton on a free from Aston Villa, Spector of Birmingham also a free, Manolev of PSV (freebie) or Mesto of Genoa (freebie) as I still have El Moubarki at right back. Spector looks most likely as he's the cheapest.
Michel a Brazilian Striker rated 83 and playing for Pacos De Ferreira on Portugal, his wages are only £722k and he's make a fair sub to add depth to my squad, another target would be his Pacos team mate Leäo a Defensive Midfielder rated 84, but wages set at £1.8million it's likely id only attempt it of I get promoted.
I'm still in need of a replacement left mid for Taarabt, and freebies Boukari (83) and Luliic (82) are both options as well as J. Montero of Real Betis who is a Right mid but can play on the left if needed or Ireland of Aston Villa.

I'm personally hoping I don't successfully gain promotion, even though I'd be happy to win the league already.. I'd love to have a year in the Championship with a superstrong side like the one I can fund with the £16m I got from Taarabt it would be both interesting and fun to see what kind of results I can pull out!

Last edited:
Just thought I'd drop my latest update on here, 28 fixtures in an I'm top of the Championship! We've won 14, drawn 7 and lost 6.. Scoring 56 in the process while conceding 37, defence has been an issue but hell one you can always score one more than the opposition, it's fine right? We have 49 points, enough to be just 2 points clear of Birmingham in 2nd and 5 clear of West Brom who are 4th so the promotion is looking safe.
Mine and the League top scorer is Firmino with 16, since Taarabt has departed he's come into his on! He had 7 goals in 4 games at the start of the season, Poepon and Pelaez are joint 12th in the league on 7 a piece.
Firmino also leads the assists charts with 10, Shimizu is 3rd on 8, Pelaez 6th with 7 and Camacho 14th with 5 assists.

I've tied up 3 players on the Bosman rule already, and I'm sure they'll make a big difference!
First up was Morrocan Attacking Midfielder Belhanda from Monterllier HSC currently 88 rated and just 24 years old he is probably the biggest addition to the squad, you should've seen my first when it came up that I'd tied a deal for him, I was so happy! Only £1.3million wages as well, for 5 years! So even if I manage to fail in my promotion bid, I can afford him with the £16million from Taarabt!
Next I tried to sign Giroud, not a freebie but I wanted him, he knocked back my approaches and so I turned my attentions to another Bosman boy, J. Campbell a Costa Rican Striker signing on a 2 year deal from another French team FC Lorient, he's 22 years old and rated 80, he's got a strong left foot and so may be a viable option instead of Giroud, his wages are just £282k also.
Last until the preseason window was Ivory Coasy star Tiote agreeing a 1 year deal worth £1.3million from Newcastle, the 28 year old Defensive Midfielder is rated 85 and will strengthen my defensive options next year.

I'd also (if I get promoted) like to sign:
Hutton on a free from Aston Villa, Spector of Birmingham also a free, Manolev of PSV (freebie) or Mesto of Genoa (freebie) as I still have El Moubarki at right back. Spector looks most likely as he's the cheapest.
Michel a Brazilian Striker rated 83 and playing for Pacos De Ferreira on Portugal, his wages are only £722k and he's make a fair sub to add depth to my squad, another target would be his Pacos team mate Leäo a Defensive Midfielder rated 84, but wages set at £1.8million it's likely id only attempt it of I get promoted.
I'm still in need of a replacement left mid for Taarabt, and freebies Boukari (83) and Luliic (82) are both options as well as J. Montero of Real Betis who is a Right mid but can play on the left if needed or Ireland of Aston Villa.

I'm personally hoping I don't successfully gain promotion, even though I'd be happy to win the league already.. I'd love to have a year in the Championship with a superstrong side like the one I can fund with the £16m I got from Taarabt it would be both interesting and fun to see what kind of results I can pull out!

Nice work, it's tough for sure but hopefully your season won't go tits-up like mine did!

I had an incredibly mean defence, I think I'd conceded around 9 goals in my opening 17 matches but was winning many games 1-0, mainly thanks to Bergessio (he's a legend!). But my well documented collapse saw my defending go all over the place, my method of winning the ball in tackles just stopped working and all of a sudden the CPU was speed burst dribbling past every challenge. I remember being 4-0 down at home in one of my final matches of the season after just 30 minutes.

Nice work, it's tough for sure but hopefully your season won't go tits-up like mine did!

I had an incredibly mean defence, I think I'd conceded around 9 goals in my opening 17 matches but was winning many games 1-0, mainly thanks to Bergessio (he's a legend!). But my well documented collapse saw my defending go all over the place, my method of winning the ball in tackles just stopped working and all of a sudden the CPU was speed burst dribbling past every challenge. I remember being 4-0 down at home in one of my final matches of the season after just 30 minutes.

I'm a little worried we will fall apart to be fair, played another game last night after posting this VS Derby (I Think) in the first fixture against them i managed a comfortable 4-1 win at home, this time around they seemed more organised and I had to work to snatch a 89th minute 2-2 draw.. the signs are not good!
intend to play the season out tonight and see how it goes, BUZZING FOR THE ARRIVAL OF BELHANDA! Checked his current stats for Montepellier and he has scored 10 and set up 15 in 25 games this year :D
J. Campbell doesn't play regularly for his team but still has 3 in 7 this year!

Your collapse was unfortunate though, have you finally kicked the game out or giving it a break for a while?

I'm a little worried we will fall apart to be fair, played another game last night after posting this VS Derby (I Think) in the first fixture against them i managed a comfortable 4-1 win at home, this time around they seemed more organised and I had to work to snatch a 89th minute 2-2 draw.. the signs are not good!
intend to play the season out tonight and see how it goes, BUZZING FOR THE ARRIVAL OF BELHANDA! Checked his current stats for Montepellier and he has scored 10 and set up 15 in 25 games this year :D
J. Campbell doesn't play regularly for his team but still has 3 in 7 this year!

Your collapse was unfortunate though, have you finally kicked the game out or giving it a break for a while?

I've had enough now I think, since that ML disaster I suddenly can't even get a win in an exhibition match with my controlling a superior team. Don't know why but the game feels nowhere near as free and organic as it did a while back. Can't take any more of the CPU's bullshit tactics to be honest!

Finished the season as champions! Duffy (would have) lifted the cup (if one existed) with 3 games to go! It was a bizarre run in for my team as we won the last 6 games on the trot, but something happened to the other teams.. In 7 last season games the 2 point lead I held turned into a 15 point lead! Really weird, it suggests that Birmingham lost all but one of their games, not normal for a 2nd placed team, and I thought my team would crumble under pressure!

In a good year for the club we saw Firmino finish top scorer with 20, but Poepon having the best goals per game ratio with 14 in 21 games.
Shimizu finished with 12 assists in the year, Firmino got 11

Firmino was MVP and Goal leader!

During the pre season I put the money from Taarabt into use finally seeing Belhanda, J. Campbell and Tiote all sign.
We also managed to lure Mesto, Sokratis and Dembele to the club.
Mesto is a right back and fills in for El Moubarki.
Sokratis replaces Diamounte on the CB slot alongside Palmieri the Greek player is rated 81.
Dembele is naturally a SS but will play LMF for my club as his Rating improves plus he is a player I like IRL, one of the best creative influences outside the old Big 4 plus Man C and Tottenham, though I'd say the best personally is Cabaye at Newcastle.. Guys a beaut.

Back on subject my first prem game is vs Liverpool, who's signings include Lionel Fucking Messi (excuse my language), Gareth Bale and Casillas! What the hell!

Last edited:
Just got destroyed by Arsenal 5-0.
Its so frustrating, two days after a international friendly 8 of my starting XI out with fatigue, having to play with a second string XI then a poor ref decision got me a red in the 15th minute, Oxlade-Chamberlain got 4 goals, on the back of this I have to play Man City.

Started a game on superstar wit all the default players. Most difficult master league game ever. Finally after 5 seasons I managed to reach the premier league. Normally it takes me 2 to 3 seasons with the default guys on every pes before. I have been playing since the snes era so I would like to call myself a veteran.

Anyway in 5 seasons I never received a offer for a not transfer listed player. What's up with that? I got Shimizu killing up front overall 101 but the offers don't come in. In previous pes you would get huge sums for well performing players who weren't transfer listed. Anyone else with the same problem?

I play superstar basic funds default guys and transfer speed or what you call it on low. So the clubs don't buy to much players. Anyone got tips how to start getting random offers or is it a bug?

Started a game on superstar wit all the default players. Most difficult master league game ever. Finally after 5 seasons I managed to reach the premier league. Normally it takes me 2 to 3 seasons with the default guys on every pes before. I have been playing since the snes era so I would like to call myself a veteran.

Anyway in 5 seasons I never received a offer for a not transfer listed player. What's up with that? I got Shimizu killing up front overall 101 but the offers don't come in. In previous pes you would get huge sums for well performing players who weren't transfer listed. Anyone else with the same problem?

I play superstar basic funds default guys and transfer speed or what you call it on low. So the clubs don't buy to much players. Anyone got tips how to start getting random offers or is it a bug?

Switch your transfer frequency up to medium, that could make a difference.. That's what nine is se at and I always get bids on my players who aren't listed.

Switch your transfer frequency up to medium, that could make a difference.. That's what nine is se at and I always get bids on my players who aren't listed.

Is that still possible mid game? I am afraid that all kinds of crazy transfers will happen as in previous games. Like Messi with Ronaldo to Chelsea. Liverpool buying Casillas and Iniesta. I don't want to let it get out of hand.

Is that still possible mid game? I am afraid that all kinds of crazy transfers will happen as in previous games. Like Messi with Ronaldo to Chelsea. Liverpool buying Casillas and Iniesta. I don't want to let it get out of hand.

I think so, under General Settings, the number of big transfers is limited and some of them tend to be logical anyway for example on mine Liverpool have signed Bale, Casillas and Messi but this is because the last few years they've won the league 3 out 4 times and also got to the champs league final a couple of times.

I'm going to save my update for league position etc till the end of the season, jus made it too mid year and made my first signings..
The first was an accident I wa looking for a new keeper and went to negotiate with Paulo Santos (16 year old, Portugal keeper rated 73) but above him was Buffon (16 year, 78 rated regen) I didn't go down enough and ended negotiating with Buffon, didn't realise till the scout poppe updating we've agreed terms with Buffon, I needed a keeper cause Gillet had retired and Turbacci was having a awful term between the post and so just decidedf to take the hit sign him up for a season or two.
Next up was Ballesteros (16 year old, Spanish Centre back 82 rated) costing only £519k, he improves both my future prospects and current squad
Finally we have a new striker Joao Tomas (Portugal, 71 rated with Fox in the Box) has 83 shot accuracy an 82 head accuracy as well as 76 short passing.. Not the quickest but is strong, so in a couple of years he will the perfect target man (I hope)

My general rule for the regens is if I don't recognise them then it's fine, if they played for my club before they retired its fine and if I've heard of them but can honestly say their career was not that great so I want them to have a chance to make that right with my club then it's fine.
The Buffon one is a mistake, and it's bugging me.. But I needed a keeper so I wi stick with it for now! :)

Off topic - trying to help a mate find a decent OF for PES2011 on Xbox (he's been a FIFA boy over recent years, like every person I know) and so only just got it too try it out I presume.. Can someone please link me one, help will be appreciated :)

Off topic - trying to help a mate find a decent OF for PES2011 on Xbox (he's been a FIFA boy over recent years, like every person I know) and so only just got it too try it out I presume.. Can someone please link me one, help will be appreciated :)

I hope it's not disallowed or anything to post links to other PES-forums, at least didn't seem like that in the FAQ here - anyway, try this page, it has quite some OF's for PES2011 on Xbox :) http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320
Didn't try any of them myself as I don't have an Xbox, but I guess the most popular ones should be the best too. Hope it's of some help!

I hope it's not disallowed or anything to post links to other PES-forums, at least didn't seem like that in the FAQ here - anyway, try this page, it has quite some OF's for PES2011 on Xbox :) http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320
Didn't try any of them myself as I don't have an Xbox, but I guess the most popular ones should be the best too. Hope it's of some help!

Thanks mate, was helpful :)

Back on to my FL, I have played all week and finished a couple of seasons without posting so here's a umbrella view

2014-15
Npower Championship: 1st - wins:21 - losses: 6 - Draws: 7
This was the year of a spectacular collapse of many teams below me.. With 7 games left I was just 2 points clear.. By the end of the season I'd pulled 12 or 15 clear!
Firmino used this season to make a name for himself after Taarabts departure with 20 Goals and 11 Assists making him the top scorer and MVP for the year, Shimizu grabbed 12 assists to be leave leader.

2015-16
The first premier league season for Blackpool since thre relegation in the 2010-11 which brought about the collapse of the club, and subsequently the arrival of A. Villas Boas to try and stop the free falling Tangerines.
We managed to climb to 13th place in the year, with 12 wins, 18 losses and 8 draws.
Lasts years player of the season Firmino spen much of his season benched after the arrival of Belhanda and Dembele.. With Tiote also in the Defensive Midfield slot Camacho also found himself dropped to the bench for the season.
Our top scorer for the year was J. Campbell with 12 goals in 34 games.
While top assists went to Shimizu with 11.

This season I didn't get threatened to be sacked despite the board wanting me to be in europe come the end of the year, finishing 13th I would have thought I would be hearing from the board each week!

2016-17
The second season saw a climb up the table once again by Blackpool a 8th place finish enough to get the European football wante by the board, I didn't leave the top 8 all season, and yet had to play must win games every 4 or so matches it seemed cause he board was unhappy with results.. Weird!
In the year we won 15, Drew 10 and lost 13.
Our top scorer was Firmino with 16 goals, while Shimizu was again the top assist getter with 15, along with his 13 goal it was pretty impressive.
The surprise package of the year was Joao Tomas a young kid from Portugal he played 18 times during the last season and scored 14 goals!

2017- present
Two games into the season, and we are top! Played 2 and won 2 scoring 9 in the process and conceding 4 it been a great start.

My Full Squad looks like this, players with * before them are my starters and players with ** before them are her because they play several positions and are more squad players than specific positions.

GOALKEEPERS
*Buffon, 18 years old and 80 rated.
Turbacci, 23 years old and 80 rated.

CENTREBACKS
*Ballesteros, 18 years old and 89 rated.
**Jemal, 30 years old and 85 rated.
*Palmieri, 24 years old and 88 rated.
Sokratis, 29 years old and 85 rated.
Van Mosselveld, 19 years old and 76 rated.

RIGHTBACKS
El Moubarki, 30 years old and 72 rated.
Mesto, 35 years old and 80 rated.
*Mody Traoré, 20 years old and 86 rated.

LEFTBACKS
Ehret, 18 years old and 71 rated.
*Filipe, 32 years old and 89 rated.

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS
*Duffy, 24 years old and 90 rated.
**Tiote, 31 years old and 87 rated.
**Nordveit, 27 years old and 87 rated.
Petit, 21 years old and 74 rated.

CENTRE MIDFIELDERS
*K. Asamoah, 28 years old and 97 rated.
** Ekdal, 28 years old and 91 rated.

RIGHT MIDFIELDERS
*Shimizu, 24 years old, and 94 rated.
Luciano, 20 years old and 82 rated.
Sionko, 17 years old and 74 rated.

LEFT MIDFIELDERS
NONE (Belhanda and Dembele)

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS
*Belhanda, 27 years and 89 rated.
*Firmino, 26 years old and 93 rated.

SECOND STRIKERS
**Dembele, 30 years old and 82 rated.
*J. Campbell, 25 years old and 81 rated.

CENTRE FORWARDS
Joao Tomas 18 years old and 77 rated.

Strength in depth was the aim for this year seeing as how we will be embarking on europe this year and I imagine challenging heavily in both the Premier League and FA Cup.
Firmino is my best player in my opinion, the most well rounded stats wise and a perfect attacking midfielder.
Asamoah is a real monster in the middle though.

The formation is set up a little like this:
----------------------------------Buffon
----------------Ballesteros------------------Palmieri
Mody Traoré---------------------------------------------------Filipe
---------------------------------Duffy
-----------------------------------------K. Asamoah
------------------------Firmino
--------Shimizu---------------------------------------Belhanda
--------------------------------J. Campbell

I won the league on the last day of the season but when my players are celebrating at the end of the game the game hangs/freezes.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix for it?

I won everything in the 2017-18 year, I was shocked myself.. But after that I didn't see much point continuing with the ML in a serious fashion, so what I've done is skipped 18 years into the future (the 2035-36 season) picking up regens of the worlds superstars on the way and put together a squad of them.. I know it's a bit of a cheap thing to do, but it was the only way to make life more interesting, to see how good a team I can get via this method, and now I plan to return to managing and playing properly!
The team I have is:
FORMATION 3-4-3

GK Buffon, 35 year old and 91 rated.. 99 Defence and Goal keeping skill stats make him the best keeper on the world.

RCB Piqué, 21 years old and 82 rated.. His strong passing stats and large physique make him one of the best young centre backs in the world.
CB Vidic, 26 years old and 84 rated.. The big Serbian centre back is a solid defender and a late bloomer so I expect him to become the best in the world at what he does soon.
LCB Telegin, 26 years old ad 85 rated.. The Russian centre back popped up in my youth academy, and has the potential to be as good if not better than Vidic (words of my coach) so having him is like having two Vidic's a nightmare for the rest of the world and a dream for me.

RMF Gouffran, 29 years old and 96 rated.. The French boy came in my youth academy and took on the same potential as Draxler of Schalke, and is a fantastic wide man though his defending is questionable.
RCM A. Iniesta, 31 years old and 104 rated.. Passes and dribbles like a god, picks his moments to control the games and moves the ball like he does in real life.
LCM Xavi, 29 years old and 100 rated.. While Iniesta can dribble like a god, an is the better player, Xavi is still the pace setter of the pair and pings the ball around better than anyone else. He is also the captain of my side.
LMF Ozil, 23 years old and 87 rated.. May not be the fastest but he has the ability to beat a man with a piece of skill and is brilliant at floating inside to link with the central midfielders and play the triangular passes the Blackpool FC has become known for.

SS Messi, 18 years old and 84 rated.. The argentine attacker says it all just by being here, basically just a younger version of the one in all your games. A joy to play with, a bitch for the rest of the league.
SS Neymar, 19 years old and 78 rated.. Little Brazillian wonder boy never left Dinano Zagred in his previous spell as a player, the regen may not be the most accurate passer or shooter but his dribbling is wonderful and a joy to move freely through the packed defences that PES puts up for us this year.
CF Rooney, 26 years old and 90 rated.. Its Wayne Rooney, isnt hard to guess what he's like now, still scores and still works for the team.

SUBS;
Casillas, 27 years old and 83 rated.
Daniel Alves, 23 years old and 89 rated.
Santon, 18 years old and 77 rated.
Cesc Fabregas, 21 and 88 rated.
Lucas Moura, 17 years old and 77 rated.
El Shaarawy, 19 years old and 77 rated.
Pato, 20 years old and 77 rated.
De Gea, 18 years old and 75 rated.
Aurtenetxe, 20 years old and 77 rated.
Thiago, 17 years old and 72 rated.
Bouy, 17 years old and 71 rated.
Pastore, 20 years old and 75 rated.
Aguero, 17 years old and 73 rated.

How long did it take you to skip so many years?

Not long at all, I kept my training set at conditioning throughout and skipped the years in halfs between August to January and then January to end of season.. Each half took around 5-6 minutes each and plus the time in the transfer market each year looking at potential regen suitors each year took about a maximum of 15-20 minutes to finish off, also I've finished school for the year so pretty much have all the time in the world to do it in :L

Last edited:
First game back on PES in over two weeks, after finally shaking off my Jetlag from the incredible Vegas trip.

Last game of the season against Villa at Villa Park. New boy Guzman (remember I said the kid had two great feet) produces a stunning solo goal to take all 3 points and secure 6th place in the EPL. Boro finished Won 14 - Drawn 8- Lost 16. We were 20 points adrift of the teams above who finished City, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool respectively.

Sold Bosman signing Asamoah for £48 million to Madrid :WOOT: and bought some great new players for my European campaign.

But back to Guzman.......

YouTube - All About Guzman 1

YouTube - All About Guzman 2

YouTube - All About Guzman 3

New signing and new Playmaker- Agdalov (89 Rated) scores two screamers on his Pre-Season friendly debut for a 2-0 win against Gala. This kid is beyond outstanding, 4 Cards including the Long Ranger. On a Red for his debut he was unplayable.

YouTube - Agdalov Debut Goal 1

YouTube - Agdalov Debut Goal 2

He then scores two goals in his EPL debut against Man Utd to secure 3 massive opening day points. The best of which was a thunderous free kick. With £22 million 91 Rated Fellaini also signed with 88 rated RB Mabina, Boro have a squad ready to challenge the worlds elite.

YouTube - Agdalov FK v Man Utd

Well our first season in the Central League Division (Top League) ended with title glory. Won the league with around 8 or 9 points, foot came off the pedal a bit at the end so that's why the points got a bit lower as was around 15 or 16 points towards the later part of last season.

Ali Kaleiffa (Egypt) was top scorer and actually came 2nd to Messi in the World footballer of the Year (awarded in the next season).

Made some moves in the transfer market, but they ain't actually hit it right off. Bought Turkish speed merchant Ostavik and also Greek left-back Yokahammis, and also brough midfielder Tziolis. Also freebie Mitrologu.

However I am now mid-December and it's been a disaster of a season, we're currently lying in 14th place, just off the drop zone (was bottom of the league upto a few games ago). Still in the cup which is a bonus, quarter finals. However crashed out of the CL finishing third behind Man Utd and PSV. Beat Leverkusen to 3rd spot. So with final game to go against PSV, we qualify for Europa League which is fine.

However need to get the finger out and climb the table. CL looks quite a way off, but Europa is a possibility, but we're shipping goal after goal and finding it very difficult to cope. God knows what's happened.

I'm thinking of shedding a lot of players. Incoming players mid-season is a central midfielder Ahmedov (good shot, passing). And we're bringing in a giant forward from our youth team (think he stands at 199cm).

The likes of Hadji, Karimi and Voichelurd will be moved on. Possibly a striker or two.

I'm debating whether to hold onto Shimizu.

Had turned down a £58m bid for French midfielder Dupont (created player) but turned it down, however I wish I sold, but even after trying to sell him, no luck. And he's like 109 rating (or therabouts). However I may hold onto him.

Will see how the season pans out.

FD

Since my offline ML has gone stale with nothing left to win I'm trying my hand at MLO.. Good online sucks.

Edit- it is disappointing to see that the 300+ hours I put into learning how to play the game with no passing assistance etc go to waste as I try to play passing football online and do it properly without cheap goals.. Just someone who clearly doesn't know what pass and move means to come along with his 4 speed merchant forwards and play assisted long through ball 2 pass moves resulting in goals cause of Lothar is awful! How could it be this bad?!

Prime example of shit, just lost 5-0 against a guy with Villa and Ronaldo up front and all he did was whack the triangle button and then press the square button, seriously I saw no obvious normal pass all game! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Last edited:
Since my offline ML has gone stale with nothing left to win I'm trying my hand at MLO.. Good online sucks.

Edit- it is disappointing to see that the 300+ hours I put into learning how to play the game with no passing assistance etc go to waste as I try to play passing football online and do it properly without cheap goals.. Just someone who clearly doesn't know what pass and move means to come along with his 4 speed merchant forwards and play assisted long through ball 2 pass moves resulting in goals cause of Lothar is awful! How could it be this bad?!

Prime example of shit, just lost 5-0 against a guy with Villa and Ronaldo up front and all he did was whack the triangle button and then press the square button, seriously I saw no obvious normal pass all game! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

How did you end up getting the cash to build an amazing team? I'm in my first season since being promoted and after all expenditures are paid I'll be due around £3M to spend on players or coaches etc. That's not a lot at all.

I had another crack at ML on Pro level, ML defaults, with Benfica stuggling in the depths of Div2.

I began the building process in the summer, recruiting tried and tested players from my previous attempt. In came Shimizu, Duffy and Palmieri, all promoted from the youth team. Next, I signed up LB Gilnica and CM Tolchotrzyn for a combined total of around £600,000 before cash became extremely sparse.

To alleviate the cashflow problems, I sold El Moubarki for £300,000 and Dodo for £200,000, prices I didn’t expect to command for those players. Also out the door went Voichulerd for £100,000, and I released Zalecki, Stremer, Liberman and Burchet when the transfer window opened, with them demanding higher wages on long contracts, so I cut my losses and freed up the budget by releasing them.

I began the season in surprisingly good form, goals were at a premium but I was grinding out surprise narrow wins and draws. I finished the halfway stage of the season in third place, still never feeling in control of my results, every match a struggle and a surprise. The league competition was poor, even the top side on a very low points tally for a top team.

In the January transfer window, I signed GK Petrachi for £200,000, who proved invaluable, and I also signed my old favourite, Bergessio, for a risky £600,000 that I wasn’t entirely sure I could recoup to balance the books. He started poorly, with no goals in five matches as I slipped down to ninth with only one goal scored in that time.

However, Bergessio’s Benfica career came to life with two goals, the last a cheeky flicked header over the onrushing keeper.

Bergessio’s newly found shooting boots were propelling Benfica along, and it wasn’t long before they shot back up the table into the promotion places, only two points from top spot. Things however looked rocky again as a series of poor results in six-pointers against teams immediately around them saw Benfica slip out of the promotion places with just seven games to play.

The turning point however came with two narrow wins at home, combined with some poor results for those around them, suddenly giving Benfica third place and a four point cushion with four games to play.

Next, came a result that defined their season, away to the team in second place, Bergessio gave them an early lead that was quickly wiped out, however Benfica came back with an incredible three second half breakaway goals to romp to a 4-1 win and on the verge of promotion, now just two points off top spot.

Another narrow win then saw Benfica propelled into top spot with just two games remaining, and with the home crowd expecting promotion to be clinched, Shimizu obliged with a sublime free kick over the wall, followed by a late Bergessio strike, gleefully chipped over the onrushing keeper. With other results again going Benfica’s way, not only did they clinch promotion but they could celebrate lifting the Championship trophy too. In the final game, with a party atmosphere, Benfica capped off the season with a 3-0 win thanks to another Shimizu free kick and Bergessio goal.

So, the season finished with Benfica winning the league by a bizarre 9 points having not even being in the promotion places close to the season’s end, with a record of 17 wins, 10 draws, 7 defeats, and 61 points from 34 games.

Bergessio, despite only being at the club for half a season, ended top-scorer with 12 goals, and Shimizu top of the assists with 8. Elsewhere, the goals were evenly shared around with Tolchotzryn and Shimizu weighing in with 5 each, Maqualao with 4.

Here is a vid of every goal scored during the 11-12 Benfica promotion season. Crappy editing I know, but I really didn't take very long over it! My favourites include a Bergessio strike on the turn from a corner and goals that won the title, including a Shimizu free kick over the wall.

YouTube - Benfica 11-12

So, to season two, back in the big time and the Portuguese League. I’ve bolstered my side by sigining striker Ovenoor from a Div 2 side on a free transfer. He’s a ‘made up’ player but with a lack of funds and similar 'PES players' coming in and doing such a good job, he should prove to be a good signing, with attack and shot accuracy in the 80’s.

Elsewhere, my defence has been heavily bolstered with three signings: two CB’s, Moras and Cesar, and also right-back Garics, with all three costing a total of around £1.5M. Also coming in is an AML called Llama for £900,000 from Serie A club Calcio, rated at 78 he could prove to be an exciting prospect. To pave way for the transfer, I was forced to release a handful of squad players such as Cinalton, Fouque, Heeders and Gutierrez.

Starting the season, my line up is:

GK: Petrachi (74)
RB: Garrics (78)
CB: Moras (78)
CB: Cesar/or Palmieri (74/70)
LB: Gilnica (76)
RM: Shimizu (78)
LM: Llama (78)
DCM: Duffy (71)
CM: Tolchotzryn (77)
CF: Bergessio (65)
CF: Ovenoor (75)

Season two is underway and it's a nightmare, so so difficult, and I'm getting screwed. But I'm gonna soldier on. I'm now 11 games into the season, and finally a second win of the season, thanks to an own goal, has seen me jump out of the relegation places and into 11th place. That sounds mid-table but in the Portuguese League, where there are only 16 teams, it really isn't!

Last edited:
Nice goal with the first header. I like that animation. Also the volley at 3.22 was great and about 20 seconds later you hit a long ball that gets headed first time past the keeper. Nice work. Haven't seen the rest yet.

LT - I used all my funds to get free agents etc, then focused on youth, it's a good method.. Joao Tomas ended up being worth over £100m along with several others who cost me nothing and yet hit insane ratings, I built with youth and it worked!

Bloody hell over £100 million?! Shimizu is currently rated at 80 a third of the way through my second season and he's still valued at £200,000! Plus, no-one ever bids for my players. I tried that trick of listing them, unlisting etc until their loyalty is zero but still hardly any bids ever come in :(

@Calcio, cheers man, the best goals are in the second half of the video when everything improved dramatically. You can tell when Bergessio signs because all of a sudden most of my goals are from him! He's officially a PES legend in my book, rated just 65 but lethal in front of goal. He's now doing the business in the top league, his fox in the box card must really come to the fore.

Back
Top Bottom