PES 2012: The Wish List

Just a little, cosmetic thing, but it bugs me:

1. Just before kick off, the graphic showing the teams and the team formations: leave it on screen for longer than 2 seconds, yeah? At the moment it's like trying to read the end credits on one of those American TV shows where the names scroll past the screen at 200mph. It's effectively pointless.

2. Make that pre-kick-off formation graphic accurate, for God's sake. At the moment, if you play anything other than a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield, the bloody players are in the wrong places. Eg if you play a 4-2-3-1 (only the most popular formation in the world at the moment), the two defensive midfielders aren't shown next to each other, one of them is moved up and shown alongside the AMF. Check it yourself, whatever formation you choose it's almost always wrong... which might be why they leave it on screen for so little time.

I know there are 3,201 issues more important than this, but it's pretty annoying and would take about 2 minutes to change.

Re: pes 2011 discussion thread

Full analogue control, use the left stick to sprint/run with a shoulder button for jog and the right stick to control the ball meaning tapping it in different directions allows player to dribble with the ball. Tapping it while the ball is in the air allows player to control the ball various ways depending on body positioning.

Make the ball a seperate entity.

People should not take posts like this seriously.

Also loads more little things that add up to one big pain in the ass...

Konami please note: When professional football players are standing in an offside position, they tend to realise this quite quickly (with the possible exception of Filippo Inzaghi). Most offsides come from players making a run too soon, not standing around like an idiot ten yards ahead of the last defender, making no attempt to get back. It's also quite rare to see offside called against someone running back from an offside position - not because that's not offside, but because players tend not to get caught doing it very often (as opposed to PES, where it happens about five times a game).

Basically the problem is that cpu-controlled forwards take several seconds (in real time) to register that they're offside, by which point the game has moved on and they're still standing there, often offside to a ridiculous degree. Oh yeah, and speaking of brainless players wandering offside: when someone's taking a free kick from 35 yards out and they chuck it in the mixer, players waiting in the box tend not to start running forwards at 100mph after the FK taker starts his run-up, but before he kicks the ball, so that they're miles offside by the time the ball is played. How often do you see someone called offside in a free kick situation like this? In real life: almost never. In PES: every single game.

Also, if a player is offside but the ball goes nowhere near him and ends up with a defender who starts to bring it out, refs don't whistle for offside at this point. It's wrong, and it looks stupid.

When big, lumbering central defenders come up for corners, they tend to stand in the middle of the box so they can head the fucking ball at the fucking goal. There are at least three good reasons why they tend not to jog out towards the taker to offer themselves for the short corner... every single time. Also, if the corner comes to nothing and the goalie takes the ball in his hands, they tend to remember that they're central defenders and start running back. They don't usually stand next to the goalie without moving, absent-mindedly watching him kick the ball down the pitch to where they should be standing, while the rest of their team all leg it back to cover for them.

When the opposition are attacking, short, quick full backs usually go out wide to mark the winger. They tend not to come inside and force the slow, tall centre back to go out and chase the winger while they, the midget full back, run into the box to challenge in the air. This makes no sense at all.

At corners, players usually stand in the box jostling. You don't usually see a half-empty penalty box with all the attacking players standing in the 'D', ready to run forward, while the defending players wait for them by the penalty spot. That's not football, it's British Bulldog.

When a defender is facing his own goal, his first touch isn't noticably worse than if he's facing the other way. It's rare to see a professional defender miscontrol the ball ten yards straight into his own goal, when under no pressure.

When a goalkeeper runs out to meet an opposition player bearing down on goal, he's trying to narrow the angle. If he runs out diagonally, leaving a massive gap on one side of him for the opposition player to shoot into, this isn't really "narrowing the angle". It's more what you'd call "widening the angle".

If you're going to show a replay of every single minor foul or infringement, how about showing a sub coming on, more than one time out of ten? It's probably a more important moment in the game than someone slightly stumbling when tackled. Also, why not show the other side's subs coming on occasionally? If the opposing team are bringing on Lionel Messi, why would I not want to see him coming on to the pitch? Why is it better that the most famous player in the world sneaks on like a thief in the night, with no acknowledgement from the TV director?

When players are tripped while running at full speed, they usually fall forwards. As opposed to flipping themselves backwards and landing on their arse, every single time. Similarly, players turning somersaults when block-tackled isn't really something you see very often. As opposed to nineteen times in every fucking game.

Last edited:
different goal frames for different countries.

goal frames in europe look differently from goal frames in south america

also different style of net strech, in pes 2011 the net looks too loose

also ml playable with friends

also better dribbling animations, right know when pthe player dribbles it looks like the ball is stuck to his feet with super glue, back ago it was always a fifa thing, now fifa fixed and pes got it.

edit:

also in bal-mode being able to start from the point when you are come as a substitute and not to watch the first 60 minutes in super speed, same when you get substituted, being able to just simulate the last 30 minutes is better then watch the last minutes in super fast mode

Last edited:

Because creating a completely new dribbling system is unreasonable and a waste of resources, and PES has had almost the same dribbling system for years now. It has already been mentioned many times that this game is not pick up and play, and many posters on this forum can tell you that many of the dribbling controls mentioned are already possible in the current version of PES.

For me KONAMI must stop blowing money on the likes of MGS and start investing in the real cashmaker in the house....PES.
MGS can NEVER even dream of the money PES can make...

Because creating a completely new dribbling system is unreasonable and a waste of resources,.

PES has had almost the same dribbling system for years now.

Because creating a completely new dribbling system is unreasonable and a waste of resources,.

Catch my drift.....

As i think most things completely necessary have been covered i'd like to add the need for variety in slide tackles in different situations.

It's the same body shape and curve of the leg for each slide tackle whether you're trying to curl your leg round a player to make a tackle, simply stop a shot coming in or stop a player when you are in front of him. It looks a bit lame because the curling of the leg isn't necessary in many situations other than tackling from behind a player and needing to bend it round. We can add it to the resounding quest for new animations i guess.

Nothing major but as i said most of the major things have been covered already.

Full analogue control, use the left stick to sprint/run with a shoulder button for jog and the right stick to control the ball meaning tapping it in different directions allows player to dribble with the ball. Tapping it while the ball is in the air allows player to control the ball various ways depending on body positioning.

The system they have now is fine, and it's free enough!

The R3 stick is used for skills so instead stealing fifa's L2 Control the ball in any direction system is better for me!

I would like more animations to smooth it all together! and air battles redone!

Make the ball a seperate entity.

It is already :CONFUSE:

- Net editor or stadium specific nets like the ps2 days

- More realistic transfer values and transfers between teams, Real seem to have a buy a top goalkeeper fetish on my ML save

- Fix the player switching, if you can make a game that shits on fifa 11 you can do this. I also can't afford to replace any more broken pads due to pes rage.

- Make an option to have manual pass without the modifier button, and tone down the accuracy of default pass

- Consistent refs.

there will be more in a few months

I wish they had an option to play MLO offline like FIFA UT has.

Say what you will about FIFA but UT is awesome from the perspective of mixing and matching various teams and learning about new players - I think my knowledge of players has increased by 20 since UT first came out in 09. I don't like playing FIFA online anymore but UT is fun offline and I'd really love something like this in PES.

Master League:

- Games during winter breaks! Happens in real life.
- Transfers, let me put a value in of how much I wanna offer the club for this player. Incoporate a two-tiered trasnfer system, I negotiate a offer with the club, then talk personal contract details with the player, like what FIFA have done this year.
- Trasnfers, realistic values please! I just brough Xabi Alonso for about £10m, where as in real life he would never go for less than £20m!

Gameplay

- Player switching, I am not that technical but something must be done, maybe other contributors can get more specific.

I noticed two different issues:

Semi-manual : only used for defense purpose, but unfortunetly, switching to defense players is way too slow. While your opponent counter attacks for example, it takes weeks to go from your midfield players (running back) to your defense line (also running back...). It's due to the fact that midfield players are usually closer (if there are at least two of them) than the defense line.

Manual : same problem as above + delay with switching in attack. It can be helpful since you can call for the ball with R2, but usually (with high player support setting) AI will give the ball away before you can think about tapping R2 (especially, when you use one-two passes...it becomes irritating).

Imo, the switching system should be directionnal and the range of detection of the switching system a lot wider.

Edit :

When the opposition are attacking, short, quick full backs usually go out wide to mark the winger. They tend not to come inside and force the slow, tall centre back to go out and chase the winger while they, the midget full back, run into the box to challenge in the air. This makes no sense at all.

why do you think everyone in Mlo is buying Arshavin ? ^^

Personal idea

There should be some kind of confidence level for CF, SS that could mitigate/increase their shooting accuracy depending on the level of the player using it.
Also, to stop "arshavin/ronaldo" to run 200 km at car speed every single match, confidence level should affect player speed during a match. When a player constantly misses, he ends up loosing faith in running...towards nothing.

Last edited:
Something that occurred to me the other day: there should be a stat for "recklessness" or something like that, which makes AI players tackle badly or late, or violently. Not because I want the game to turn into Red Card Soccer or whatever that crazy karate/football game was called, but because right now it's rare for one of your players to get REALLY hacked and there's no sense of certain players being thugs, or "good old fashioned tacklers" or whatever you choose to call it.

As a player you can make bad tackles, but the cpu foul count is low and its rare that one of their guys makes what you'd call a reckless tackle. OK, refs don't give cards very often anyway (even for a lunge from behind) and this needs fixing. But the fact is, certain players are more likely to wallop you with a late tackle than others, and this should be reflected in their stats. At the moment, in this sense it makes no difference who's on the other team - there seems to be no logic in who picks up the most yellow/red cards over the course of a season.

If you're playing against Karl Henry or Lee Cattermole or Moises Hurtado or Carlos Gurpegui, they should be more likely to try to maim you and pick up a red card. If you're playing against Paul Scholes, there should be a reasonably high chance he'll go in clumsily and get booked. At the moment this doesn't really happen. Konami would have to be careful with this stat (because if it was over-powered it could just be ridiculous) and I can see there's a problem because it would mainly apply to the AI - if you were controlling those players yourself you could make sure they didn't get booked.

But there should be some way to get this into the game, because without the threat of "that kind of player" it will never feel 100% complete.

Thought about that myself Pere, really need a stat like that in game to differentiate between violent/reckless players and timid ones.

I haven't played much new gen PES until this version, so not too sure how much the enforcer card helps with this. Might test it later today.

On the subject of introducing attributes, isn't it really strange there isn't a Tackling one? I think the 'Defence' stat acts as it too an extent, but it's interpretation makes it sound more like defensive positioning.

Another I'd like to see would be Creativity, you could argue it'd be impossible to implement in a user controlled game but I thought it could be directly linked to Through Ball accuracy. There for you'd get really accurate passers over short distances but don't create much (i.e. Denilson at Arsenal), and those with high Creativity attribute who's through balls find their destination more often. Actually typing that, it sounds like the Passing card, so it's already there somewhat.

I think first touches should be even more noticeable, giving more technical players a higher advantage in crowded areas and more incentive to just get rid asap with clunky Centre Halfs.

I'd also like to see better implementation of shielding or physical play. So if a huge targetman receives the ball with his back to goal, he's able to retain possession and not have a defender magically hook a foot through him.

Some necessary changes.

Create the fans of Olympiacos so that they sing during the entire match and have a different choreo at every important match. They are the best fans in Europe, this must be clear in the game and is key to realism.

Dress the fans of panathinaikos as rabbits and have police men next to them to kiss them and protect them in order not to be beaten (again!). Also panathinaikos MUST lose every European game with 5-0 since they are the whore of Europe as everyone knows.

Some necessary changes.

Create the fans of Olympiacos so that they sing during the entire match and have a different choreo at every important match. They are the best fans in Europe, this must be clear in the game and is key to realism.

Dress the fans of panathinaikos as rabbits and have police men next to them to kiss them and protect them in order not to be beaten (again!). Also panathinaikos MUST lose every European game with 5-0 since they are the whore of Europe as everyone knows.

You cant be older than 13 years old...

It's funny how Eastern European is still 30/40 years behind the rest, still getting excited over football violence. I know a Partizan fan who was positively thrilled that Serbia caused aggro in Italy :CONFUSE:

What's also funny is that panathinaikos has won only 2 championships in the last 14 years. The 1st was in 2004, when with the government's invasion, they won the title and the 2nd was last year, when referee's decisions earned them almost 15 points while about the same were deducted from Olympiacos. This is a scandal, and it only could have been created by a shitty team as panathinaikos is.

What's also funny is that panathinaikos has won only 2 championships in the last 14 years. The 1st was in 2004, when with the government's invasion, they won the title and the 2nd was last year, when referee's decisions earned them almost 15 points while about the same were deducted from Olympiacos. This is a scandal, and it only could have been created by a shitty team as panathinaikos is.

YouTube - Καλώς ήÏθε το δολλάÏιο (Part 2) - Ο κήπος είναι ανθηÏός
The american fleet came to greece in the 70s....You know the rest.

One thing I would like PES to improve on for the 2012 game, is not having an online experience based on your own edit data.

For example. If someone on Master League Online is playing with Partizan Belgrade, a team on someone's own edit data and not yours, i.e, you don't have Partizan and its logo on your edit data whereas they do, we should still be able to see it, not just see the default logo, or a logo that's saved on your edit data and seen as the opponent's logo instead of their own.

For Example. I could have a CSKA Moscow logo saved in my edit data, but when I'm playing the person's Partizan team, rather than a standard Partizan logo, all you see is your own CSKA logo. It just seems strange.

To Summarise: My PES2012 improvement would be: Ability to share edit data online while playing.

We can share players in BAL, so why not share edit data as well?? After all, it's always nice to see teams and logos that other people have made! :)

Last edited:
Sliders? Are we talking PES or FIFA here?!

Really, I can't imagine all that much that needs sliders. Examples?

(sliders for net tension would be nice though!)

Konami know already they need a bigger variety of nets :).

Sliders for stuff like general player speed. Too many people want different things. There's a PC patch which makes the game more free and response vs the CPU but it's ridiculously easy and you sprint past players with ease but loads of people love it for some reason!

Enabling over responsiveness, easier arcade like sharp shooting etc.. sliders so on the basis we have our great sim game but they could have options to dub the game down for those who loved arcadey pes 6 style!

I think in some areas PES is too advance for people, i really do, some people just don't understand it and need something more basic

Also the keepers. The root of all the keeper problems is simple from what i've seen. The programming i think is very good! It's the absence of ANY proper crouching, and prone animations!

When the keepers charge out their goal line or enter the really quite shit crouched animation which PES 2011 uses they can't move forwards or sideways fluidly in a prone state like you see with all keepers and which you see done so well on FIFA (shame the programming is beyond human). When they move sideways of rush forward they are a FAR to upright, (they move standing up too much). It's why they make so many silly mistakes! their center of gravity is all wrong because of their stance.

I think the programming is very good though, the dive around with a realistic sense of balance and foot planting which shows it dosen't need doing again from scratch :)

Konami need to get a proper goalkeeper in, study and motion cap him properly so goalkeepers are able to stay in a prone position when teams enter withing a 25-30 yard radius! This will naturally drastically improve the save animations and will make them react better when they have parried a shot and deal with goalmouth scrambles better (also a fast 'crawling animation for those situations would very much help)!

Looking at these two compilations of Casillas, every save he makes he's naturally in a 'prone' position when he makes the save.

YouTube - Iker Casillas - Best In The World
1:32, and 2:12 some examples of keepers 'shuffling' sideways in that prone stance.

YouTube - Iker Casillas Best Goalkeeper 2010/2009/2008
look at the penalty save at 3:09, look how low he is in his stance to try a generate leverage for his pounce, to save the shot.

3:32. Fine example of what i mean by a 'crawaling' animation. see how when he makes the first save then doesn't rise to his feet, instead just quickly scampers over to the ball :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom