PES 2012: The Wish List

Here's my wishlist for PES 2012:

1. Realistic nets.

2. New graphic-engine so that it looks nice and detailed even from widecam (currently when using widecam details get reduced) and new lighting-engine so that night-games look as good as day-games (currently night-games look too dull).

3. Much smoother animation and much more variation and freedom.

4. Improved advantage-rule and improved offside-rule that differentiates between active and passive offside.

5. Better use of space by the AI, espescially on the attack and better awareness. Of course better AI in general, both for my teammembers and opponents, currently top-player is not clever enough. Less scripting, more intelligence...

6. Goalkeepers need a lot of attention to become convincing in motion, stances...

7. Online needs to use dedicated servers to finally become lagfree, and while we are it, bring on 10vs10-online.

8. Atmosphere needs to be improved 10x.

9. Very important: Get rid of the different BLES-numbers for the same continent, it's a pain in the ass that there are such region-restrictions when distributing fancreated option-files.

P.S.: Iron man 2 was such a major disapointment (except for Scarlett Johansson, she was smoking hot... and... kicking ass!)

Last edited:
1. More animations..Not replace..Add new animations..

2. Change gk animations...Like FIFA...

3. Better ball physics.. I don't like PES 2011 ball physics..

4. Better sounds... referee's, ball kicks, real chants...

5. Smallest pitch..It is very big in PES next-gen versions...

6. Better AI for players who don't have the ball...

my suggestions for pes 2012

1)-more improvement of the animation engine "although konami done a great job in that department in pes 2011 but this should be just the kick off for more animation improvements to catch fifa's animations

A-More reactive and specific keeper animations:
the goal keeper must shows specific animations showing a specific reactions for every ball reaching him even if the ball is going to goal kick "in current pes u always see the keeper running in a very stupid way with his hands below and then u see the ball inside the goal
The keeper must perform animations showing some efforts trying to save the ball
and tracking the ball if it is going for a goal kick not just watching it like the crowds

B-animations showing the keeper diving with one-hand (one hand side saves) "these saves animations were very common in pes5/6 and almost absent in next Gen pes"

C-more varieties of crossing animations

D-more transitional animations and proper linking of the animation sets

E-Improve running and dribbling animations

F-more varieties of heading animation

G-more player specific animations "specific animations unique for every player on the pitch especially famous players like C. Rolando , Roony ect
In fifa 11 we saw thousands of specific animations for each player under the so called "personality plus"
Personality is a key element in pes it just needs the unique animations "in running , walking , dribbling , free kicks "

2-improve Arial battles among the players
and between the players and the goal keeper
"remove the invisible barrier when the ball is being above the keeper" there's almost no arial battles in current pes between the attackers and the goal keeper

3-more transitional speeds between running and walking
currently u see the player either running or walking and there's no transitional speeds between them which is unrealistic
in real life the player can show many different transitional speeds according to the present situation

4-the nets
for 5 years now and since 2006 we pray that konami hear us in this point
we need the pes 6 tight box shaped nets to be in pes 2012 with more realistic net kinetics and motion for the ball "net motions are so much exaggerated in current pes"

5-improve quick fouls with implementation of quick though-ins

6-implementation of the concept of uninterrupted game-play

7-ability to add and remove players from the wall in free-kicks
and the ability to cancel the wall completely for every free-kick especially those near the middle of the field

8-improve player position in free kicks especially the side-line free kick where players are waiting for the cross ball

9-improve the advantage rule with the ability to give the player a yellow card or red card after as soon as the play stops

10-more intelligent referees in giving off-sides
the referee should cancel a lot of passive off-sides where the ball already reached the opponent players

11-improve the concept of freedom of gameplay
u can give the ball to any defender while playing the goal kick "currently u can pass the goal kick to only one pre-determined defender" and this issue commonly exploited online" as ur opponent knows before u play the goal kick where the ball exactly is going to be played

12=the ability to call a player during corner kick
the ability to call a defender to receive the goal kick

13-adding a button to allow "Off the Ball" forward runs
the ability to allow off the ball players to make forward run like in FIFA "for example by pressing L1 button the nearest player will make a forward run trying to receive a through ball"

14- in BAL mode
add the ability to cancel the rest of the match when my player is substituted "it's some times become very boring"

15-reduce the amount of replays "it's a bit annoying seeing one replay per every foul or every half a chance on goal"

16-more control on crosses
allow power bar for cross balls "like u did with passing system this year" would be awesome

17-more control over the direction and power of shooting

18-graphically more varieties of realistic turfs "the turf represent 90% of the footy game graphics"
one of the great features that was in pes 2010 and removed in pes 2011 is the completely different turf graphics for every stadium in day and night
so that when playing , every single match appears graphically unique and different from other matches , so u feel as if u play in a whole new world

it's very annoying that in pes 2011 all stadium has almost the same turf graphics in day and the same turf at night that reminds me exactly of pes 2009

19-more realistic crowds with waving flags ect.. take MLB 2K10 and NBA 2k10 for example

Last edited:
No Bles versions, what a fucking stupid retarded ridiculous idea that was. Considering selling my bles-21 version to import bles-20 from the UK as there are just no option files for bles-21.

No Bles versions, what a fucking stupid retarded ridiculous idea that was. Considering selling my bles-21 version to import bles-20 from the UK as there are just no option files for bles-21.

Especially when you consider the 360 is region free.

Full manual controls like the ones FIFA has.
C'mon PES, you know you want to steal those players over from FIFA, just do it.

Gameplay/mechanics:

1. More varied of animations.

2. Polishing existing animations.

3. More realistic animations for goalkeepers.

4. Much better collision system between players.

5. Change penalty system.

Visual:

1. More realistic nets.

2. Customize camera or bring back classic normal wide camera.

3. Snow.

4. More original balls like nike,puma,adidas.

5. More orginal adboards in all stadiums like Heineken, Mc Donald’s,Coca Cola etc.

6. Orginal gloves for keepers.

7. Atmosphere needs to be improved.

8. Individuals need to be improved.

Editing:

1.Chants should supports two teams in match not only one. In first half one team in second half another team.

2. Chants working online .

3. Edited stadiums should be working online. For example if I chose my edited stadium my opponent will see KONAMI
stadium.

4. More varied stands in stadium editor for example Emirates Stadium.

5. Edit electronic adboards in stadium editor.

6. Ball editor.

7. Option Files working in all version of the game. No BLES version of the game.

8. Minimum 70 slots for Emblems.

9. Edit logos on shirts and sokcs.

10. Unlimited slots to edit.

Online:

1.Spectator mode online like in Pes 6.

2. Rematch option in ranking match.

3. In Pes league or D2 I would like to see my edited players name and badges but of course default KONAMI stats in ONLINE mode. Right now if I want play online I can see only edited my logos. It’s important because I want play for example full Bundesliga online with correct logos and players name but default stats.

Other:

1. Stop removing features, teams and stadia each year.

2. Uk version of the game should be release the same time with European version.

3. More licenses.

4. PS3 version of the game need AA like Xbox 360.

5. Training mode with challenges

Last edited:
1) Players that are really obviously offside make their way onside automatically, and whilst doing so are unselectable/you can't pass to them.

2) All replays are skippable with a thumb button like X (why start? And why so many?) Or, replays can be optional ingame but you can watch/save them in the highlights.

3) Player select when defending should always select the closest player to the ball who is in the line between the ball and the goal. Perhaps whilst holding the square button to send the computer in, player select will select the player further back, sweeping behind the bank of computer tacklers.

4) An unassisted mode where the select only changes if a pass is successful/your player has possession. Otherwise its totally unassisted. Like the older games.

5) As others have said, stricter refs, perhaps pressing nothing at all (not even a direction) will make the player go down under a challenge (not a dive, just taking the foul).

6) Goalkeepers shouldnt have an invincible area, you can foul them and challenge them for high balls. Also, they shouldn't react so quick to high shots and so slow for low ones.

7) a tiny tap or double tap of shoot should toe-poke or just get anything to the ball for those last minute moments when you need a touch on it. This could be affected by responsiveness stats.

8) no crazy scissor kicks when you want to header

9) diving headers lessened, sure that they go for a kind of diving header which never connects when a volley or a standing header would do.

10) Fast players can outrun slow ones when with the ball!

11) Goalies don't get knackered in a season, but can get injured and sent off.

12) Handballs

13) Manager avatars, editable appearance and part of the ingame, like nba2k.

14) Commentary revamp.

15) Ostriches and dinosaurs.

All in all, very impressed with the new game! Just a few little niggles that I'd love to see fixed!

My wish at Konami finally realize that on the field are professional footballers , not idiots or retirees blind who do not know where they are and what to do. We should have total control over players, responsible and logical dribbling, shots and passes, as in earlier versions of the game like LE 9 WE and PES 6.
And of course, entirely new online mode because this is now ridiculous and embarrassing.

1)

6) Goalkeepers shouldnt have an invincible wall

I agree with all your list, but yeah this bugs the hell outta
me due to non-existent collision detection & physics.

On the ps2 version they relaxed it a little with keepers having
to let go of the ball when they had breached those invisible
parameters. But on the current gen its just ridiculous keepers can magically hold onto the ball in unrealistic situations.

Not being able to challenge them aswell is annoying
but like said its all down to konami implementing the
animation & physics correctly.

Urgent
Player switching: This has been a major problem for the most of us. Using Right Analogue to switch would be a great idea as it works well already in FIFA.
Player awareness: Players need to intercept easy balls.
Physicality: Improve player physics and collision detection. Add a better jostling system.
Animations: First of all let me say kudos to Konami for adding tons of animations to PES 2011, but it ain't enough. More animations in order to improve ball physics as well as more player animations aimed to reduce animation lags. Oh, and did I mention goalkeeper animations?

Would also like to see
Better refereeing: Especially the advantage rule.
More weather effects: Bring back snow. Also make weather affect gameplay as well as visually.
Improve Online: Seriously, it still sucks after so many years.
Penalties and Set-pieces: Awfully dated, especially for a Nex-Gen game.
Commentaries: Ball just wide off the post (com: that was closer to the corner flag!) - Ball goes wide into the stands (com: just wide, great effort!)
Better manual and tutorial: Present your game well. A lot of PES's great features are never mentioned in the game's manual. A lot of button combos are never talked about. Why not brag about them? It helps selling the game better, as well as making for us players easier to understand and learn the game.
Less ping-pong passing

Last edited:
I think jostling is fine as it is. Could live with a refinement but would hate for Konami to crank it up ala FIFA, which is too full on for my liking.

Would be great if the right stick could select the player and knock the ball on.

Would also like to see the placed shot like FIFA where you hold the button AS you shoot, not after you power up. To me full power means a powerful shot so I find it a bit obscure to have to power up all the way THEN hit special control button for a placed controlled shot. Especially as you are close in to goal and don't have a lot of time, compared with lining up a pile driver from outside 18 yards. It's not uber hard at the moment but more often than not I dont pull the shot off properly or it's underpowered.

I think jostling is fine as it is. Could live with a refinement but would hate for Konami to crank it up ala FIFA, which is too full on for my liking.
Certainly that wasn't my intention. I hate FIFA's jostling system, which I think is way too physical, one of the reasons I hate FIFA. However, the jostling button (LT on Xbox) does more than just jostling. It intercepts passes and blocks shots. It would be a nice addition.

Would also like to see the placed shot like FIFA where you hold the button AS you shoot, not after you power up.
Also when you are 1on1 and have a relatively tight angle against the goalie, in PES you miss these chances a lot as the ball doesn't curve past the goalie and goes out (a lot of times close to the corner flag!), or just hits the keeper. Need more curvy shots.

Certainly that wasn't my intention. I hate FIFA's jostling system, which I think is way too physical, one of the reasons I hate FIFA. However, the jostling button (LT on Xbox) does more than just jostling. It intercepts passes and blocks shots. It would be a nice addition.

Also when you are 1on1 and have a relatively tight angle against the goalie, in PES you miss these chances a lot as the ball doesn't curve past the goalie and goes out (a lot of times close to the corner flag!), or just hits the keeper. Need more curvy shots.

Approach the goal with the correct and most relevant body posture, tap shoot, aim in the corner, then tap R2. This will give you everything your looking for, with plenty of curve if you open your body up.

Thanks Jimmy - regarding getting the body in the right position etc, I remember learning in FIFA that when you have a 1 on 1, if you take a step to the side to open the angle up, you had more chance of scoring than just continuing a straight approach. Sometimes I even think we have too much time to think and instead of just lacing a shot from close in as a first instinct, we try the more realistic/percentage controlled shot and end up missing or going straight at the keeper because the players body is out of shape. I have had this on FIFA also - more time to think sometimes is a bad thing. Just hit the ball and let it fly was my philosophy...sometimes it hits the corner flag and other times you hit screamers that people still talk about lol

I'm not liking how AI defenders tend to clear loose balls that are heading for the touchline rather than just allowing the ball to go out for a throw-in. You see this all the time on TV, players shield the ball and play it safe. I think this is all tied in to the unintelligent AI in 2011. It's not just this, but in the BaL mode you can see how illogical your teammates are when they trap the ball. They never control the ball away from the opposition; rather, they always look to play it forward, and you always see that stupid stumble when your teammate traps the ball forward and just runs into an opposition player. Every damn time.

Not sure if these were mentioned but thought I'd add mine in here in case I forget about them later.

1- Bring back the old manual player switching.
2- Make online community mode have unlimited number of members.

gameplay

-My players running always off-side
-Selection players are bad
-I want the individual player tactics back
-Stronger level
- I win easily agains good teams,bad teams are more difficult. I win every season the champions league without any problems,not exeting(topplayer). In the league i finish 4-5th. Realistic?
-shooting must better
-not scripted!!!
Editing
-I want the option for import a mp3 file when the players coming on the field.
-the chant when you win a home match starts not direct after te match
-More slots for import emblems and logo's
-More options for stadion-editor

My list of things I'd like to see fixed.

1. Sometimes there's too much clustering of players in the same area when the situation doesn't call for it.

2. A.I. team mates in BAL pass WAYYYY too many through balls. They're always trying to send the ball into space in the dumbest ways, when a simple short pass would do.

3. Not enough long balls and crosses from team mates.

4. Way too many sliding tackles from the CPU in general.

5. LT and RT should be same button? I feel like the controls for dribbling are way too confusing with all of the button combinations. Simplify, simplify!

6. More realistic ways of shots going into the goal. Far too many of them go in to the top corner.
I think this one thing that FIFA did really well with it's manual controls. Which brings me to:

7. Make an option to play with fully manual controls! I'm a fan of both games both games, but after playing FIFA on full manual, everything else almost feels like cheating. It's more true to real life, as most passes do not go exactly to the feet. I still play PES more though.

8. Keep the BAL mode as is, it's pretty much flawless for now, way better than FIFA's BAP.
One thing though, I'd like an option to skip part of matches I'm not playing, instead of watching them.

9. Add second divisions like others mentioned.

That is all for now.

Team mate AI - They can be so frustrating at times. Sometimes they just stand there watching you and other times they make the most stupid runs.

Throw ins - Please Konami fix this! I hate that every time the CPU gets a throw in, all of your players have magically moved 50 yards away, leaving them with a simple throw every time, but when you have a throw in they are all around your players!

Player switching - Enough said about that already tbh...

Sound - Chants are awful, can barely hear the crowd, plus the reactions to shots, goals, etc. No point wishing for them to improve the commentary as it has always been crap and it looks as if they will never change it.

They are the 4 most important things to fix for me next year. Some improvements to the Stadium Editor would be nice making it easier to create a bigger variety of stadiums, especially British stadiums with the stands closer to the pitch.

my problem is

GAMEPLAY

- The More Inteliggent AI, especially when attacking, the player always caught in offside and never want to goes back as fast as possible, they almost get trapped in offsied when we attempt 2nd wave attack, how annoying is this?? i bet in the reality the striker (or the player who going forward) who quickly realize when they on offside position and try to run back to the onside position, unlike in PES, where the player reaction is slow when The AI controlled.

- Make The Free Kick Harder around the 18m or under, becoz this one is too easy in Pes 2011, even with lesser player i can score goal from free kick with the possibility about 95 % goal, and 5% miss!

ML & BAL

- The real League Regulation, for example, WORK PERMIT, where The english club would have a problem to sign a player from lesser country with the minimum nationality Cap, the spanish league have a regulation where they can only register 3 non EU-PLAYER on their first team, also ATHLETIC BILBAO will only sign a player from SPAIN, not other country.

- Contract Clause in every player, where make it possible the player will allowed leave when the team not reached some condition agreed in contract (like league position etc)

- In BAL, make more interactive Communication to the manager, like allowing us to Complain to the manager when we not placed in our prefered position, as example (I played with Sebastian Larsson In BAL, but when in birmingham i always placed in DMF position instead of SB or SMF position, where in reality the S. Larsson Real Pos)

- the real price on every player, where it would be annoying we i see the team like Palermo can sign F. Torres in their second season, C. Ronaldo Move To R.C.D Espanyol (WTF!)

- this for editing and patch purpose, please make more flexible ML, where we can add infinite(maximum number of team free slot in editing) club to ML, without crash in the game, that annoying when we can only resgister 218 team in ML, but we still have many free slot to make team, GRRRRR!

- Diverse Second League Division in every League (Not real name is not problem) but please make a slot for every 2nd division on each league, so the ML would be more cool!

- Add 2nd Division on BAL too, so our club can be relegated.

OTHER CONTENT

- complete team set for UEFA CHAMPION LEAGUE and if possible UEFA EUROPE LEAGUE, that annoying becoz Konami never have a complete set of team in every series they make, this year we miss ZILINA and HAPOEL TEL AVIV, and miss many team from Europe League!

- Make Libertadores Player, that just a waste of slot when Libertadores not playble in EXHIBITION, ML and BAL by Default (Without Patch)

- Don't Remove some team from Other Europe like Standard Liege, Brondby, Metalist, Goteborg, Kalmar, etc more club is more better!

- More Free Face Slot.

- The Real Supporter Kits, where for example, the barcelona supporter should also wear the barcelona shirt (even in lower resolution graphic) instead of the basic blue shirt.

that my suggestion :)

Last edited:
- complete team set for UEFA CHAMPION LEAGUE and if possible UEFA EUROPE LEAGUE, that annoying becoz Konami never have a complete set of team in every series they make, this year we miss ZILINA and HAPOEL TEL AVIV, and miss many team from Europe League!

No Schalke or Partizan Belgrade either. The Champions League licence should entitle Konami to use all of the participating teams but it seems as though they've only done a deal for the Champions League name, logo and sponsors.

- Don't Remove some team from Other Europe like Standard Liege, Brondby, Metalist, Goteborg, Kalmar, etc more club is more better!

This is another big annoyance of mine. Konami never seem to want to expand their team list. Sure we got the Copa Libertadores this year but that seems to be at the expense of many other European teams.

Konami, please keep adding to the game and don't take stuff away.

Back
Top Bottom