PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Add me to the Love Club. ;)

Also, does anyone who has the WENB OF V3 know exactly how to add the Championship emblems ? I spotted and additional link to different Club Emblems, so I'll download that tonight. I just wasn't 100% with regards which Emblems they would replace or if indeed we have the option to choose ? I'm happy to lose the Portuguese or even German badges if I have to.

I managed to do this. Simply download the championship emblems from their file on your PC then save them on to your PS3 (note I had to name the file 'PICTURES' for my ps3 to detect them).

Then 'in-game' got to edit>teams>emblem. Then choose 'import' which will then show up your saved images/emblems. Choose the one you want then you will need to choose a current 'in-game' emblem to replace it with (I chose the portugese ones.)Then repeat the process for each team.

Then your left with the situation where the portugese teams are automatically assigned the championship emblems as well (i.e. the ones youm swap them with)....to fix this I assigned them all with the portugese league logo - not ideal but I don't intend on using those teams anyway.

Hope this makes sense, took me hours the other day to sort this, but well worth it as it'll make my ML feel that much more realistic.

WENB will have an update out for all the correct line up, formations and way the teams play later this week

I hear ya pal, but there are lots of people out there who will have the 'Vanilla' version of the game and would benefit and gain more enjoyment from this.

Why do Konami bother putting in the effort and man hours for updating the lineups/formations/tactics in this DP2 and then not just flick the 'ON' switch ? or even mention in patch notes that we need to do it manually ?

I simply cannot believe their continued incompetence . . . It's mindblowing at this stage.

Its a sad thing to say but fifa is a far more balanced game. Demo 1 was probably the most balanced football game this generation.

for that reason, is that I have installed "demo1"
the difference from the full game is too large.

demo1 try again....:)) and..please leave opinion regarding full game.

pes 2012 on professional is, despite all the issues, much more rewarding than pes 2013 in any difficulty level. AI and visual/audio needs to be written from 0. AI scores cheap goals and always the same ones.

And with no lobbies for ranked game, a lock on 1 player for 2v2 and MLO full of assisted noobs with stellar teams, the game has really almost nothing left to it.

whoever was patching pes3....keep it on and send me a message when you are done. that game is still way better than any fifa or pes game of this generation. I am glad i sold the game with pretty much no money loss.

I always thought that "pes 2012", had incredible potential, but the game has been completely ruined by the cheats, KONAMI MOMENTS, so much to hate.. EXTREMEEE , but I'm honest with everyone, the base version 1.0 (shit GK), was fantastic, even better than PES 2013 (full game)

which I think is totally pathetic, is all the same goals (IA). this is totally unforgivable.:RANT::RANT::RANT:

Last edited:
Have you guys seen this regarding Data Pack 2 and Default formations/tactics for teams.

"Great option file guys.

Just letting you know that the konami v2 datapack updated the transfers but not the new formations. You have to manually default the lineup for each team in edit mode to reflect the new formations konami has updated. For example united still has 4-4-2 but defaulting changes it to the new 4-2-3-1 formation. This why some teams may have players out of place.

I dont know if you guys can be bothered doing this for every club team and have it in next option file but thought I'd let u know."

It was posted over on the WENB forum and I have not seen any mention of it in this thread so far.

Why is some guy in the community having to find this out and Konami not having it updated as default or telling us to do it in the patch notes ??? Unreal !
nothing surprises me anymore

That may fix starting line ups but what about subs? I play BAL as a CDM and we were losing 1-0, so I'm subbed off late for a striker. Fine, right? Except the manager played 4-1-2-3 with 3 strikers, a winger as a striker and my replacement as CDM?!?! It's happened twice.

Because its Konami!

Their motto should be "you like it we remove it"

Very true, so much so I even put it in my sig.

nothing surprises me anymore

Likewise mate . . .

When this London WE/PES department finally opens it's doors, they would be well advised to keep an eye on these and other forums and try to relay the dismay and sick to the back teeth feeling of the community back to those in Tokyo.

So that perhaps they treat their customers and their community better with PES 2014 and in the future as a whole.

The level of disdain for Konami is growing all over the globe if the last 100 pages of this thread are anything to go by.

They have a lot of work to do in many areas ingame and out - I wonder if Jon Murphy feels like stepping upto the plate anytime soon . . . Nah didn't think so.

I managed to do this. Simply download the championship emblems from their file on your PC then save them on to your PS3 (note I had to name the file 'PICTURES' for my ps3 to detect them).

Then 'in-game' got to edit>teams>emblem. Then choose 'import' which will then show up your saved images/emblems. Choose the one you want then you will need to choose a current 'in-game' emblem to replace it with (I chose the portugese ones.)Then repeat the process for each team.

Then your left with the situation where the portugese teams are automatically assigned the championship emblems as well (i.e. the ones youm swap them with)....to fix this I assigned them all with the portugese league logo - not ideal but I don't intend on using those teams anyway.

Hope this makes sense, took me hours the other day to sort this, but well worth it as it'll make my ML feel that much more realistic.

Nice one bud, just managed to swap them all around. Looks so much better now. Thanks again. :TU:

So can anyone else confirm that when you download data pack 2, it means you have to go through each team individually in the editor section and revert formations back to default just so that players are now in their proper positions?

So can anyone else confirm that when you download data pack 2, it means you have to go through each team individually in the editor section and revert formations back to default just so that players are now in their proper positions?

Apparently so, although I would expect Daymos to sort that in an update in the same way WENB are.

Apparently so, although I would expect Daymos to sort that in an update in the same way WENB are.

Thanks Jimmy, well that confirms it for me, I'm gonna go into the team edits myself and change around the biggest transfers. Should take half an hour or so, then I'll start my ML. Konami put up on their website today that they are still seeking approval from MIcrosoft for the latest data pack and that it might take up to a week from now to go live.

Combine that with the fact that I'm gonna have to spend bloody ages resetting all the formations for all the teams just to get everyone back to their correct positions, then frankly I may as well just spend half an hour right now moving some of the biggest transfers around. Not the comprehensive transfer update I'd wanted, but frankly I'm done waiting for the data pack now. The fact that I'll still have to do editing completely takes the piss.

I was hoping that Konami are taking longer with the 360 update due to the fact that they were fixing this issue, but that's really not going to be the case, that would be crediting Konami with some semblance of competency. Absolute shambles, Konami.

help
im new to this OF biz
i have d/l OF from mediashare
tryd copy file on to usb stick-it tells me that the file is on the stick
but when i insert ubs stick to ps3 ,ps3 utility says no saved data

it is only in rar. form what do i do?noob here
thankyou for any help

ok i extract rar -now in file folder,says
i then check usb stick on ps3 mem card utility-it say no saved items
what going on.
thanks for help Gomito

This "you have to default every team yourself" thing isn't a surprise - it was obvious something was up as soon as the data pack hit. Dunno if anyone remembers but a few pages back I was scratching my head as to why practically every team in my game had several players in the wrong positions (eg Kagawa as CF for Man United, Juventus using Giovinco as a target man). Other people said back then that some of this had happened on their game but most of it hadn't. I wondered then if formation / line-up changes I'd made were clashing with the DLC, and of course they were...

help
ps3 memory card (usb stick) Sn ps3 still does not show any saved items
on my usb stick
i exracted the WENBUS.rar ok
but not show items on my ps3
thankyou for any help

Does anyone know much about the online community mode? i thought we'd be able to run a league or cup through it for community members but it just looks like exhibition games?

Am I going crazy or does the speed of the ball seem different from stadium to stadium? On some, like Allianz Arena or Benebeu the pitches seem slightly more 'lush', almost like the grass looks longer, and on those stadiums the ball speed seems nice and slow.

Switch to other stadiums where the grass looks a bit shorter (Camp Nou for example) and the ball seems to zip along at 100mph.

Anyone else notice this or am I just plain bonkers?

@Former LTFC! : I think you are just plain bonkers!

No, really. I don't feel differences from stadium to stadium nor ball to ball as someone else stated. Everything feels the same except the matches! :D

Am I going crazy or does the speed of the ball seem different from stadium to stadium? On some, like Allianz Arena or Benebeu the pitches seem slightly more 'lush', almost like the grass looks longer, and on those stadiums the ball speed seems nice and slow.

Switch to other stadiums where the grass looks a bit shorter (Camp Nou for example) and the ball seems to zip along at 100mph.

No you're not. It's been like this in PES forever. Maybe some stadiums need more rendering than others?

Glad it's not just me then. I'm probably going to do a ML with Parma but seeing as they don't have an official stadium in the game I've been trying them all out to see which ones have the best day/night lighting etc (bar the obvious ones like Bernebeu etc as that'd be too unrealistic). I just can't find a combo I like. There's one stadium (can't remember the name right now though) that looks okay in daytime and great at night, but it's one of those stadiums where the pitch almost seems hard, and the ball flies around really fast. Other stadiums have better pitches but the lighting at night on them looks terrible.

Last edited:
Had some luck with your suggestion of R2 + X. Though it is a little difficult to time, with R2 after X being the command for a late 1-2 run. Sometimes it triggers an unwanted 1-2 run.

R2 + X seems to make players on the receiving end of the pass more aware, and drift towards the pass to collect the ball. L2 seems good for knocking it into space for the runner to chase it down.

After trying this, I'm almost always using either L2 or R2 for passing. I rarely find the need to use the normal X pass. Maybe it has to do with my formation being very compact and short passes are required all the time. Is the normal X pass good for anything specific?

Always make sure your holding R2 before you press X and you shouldn't have that problem. In saying that, I sometimes tap R2 again after to set away a decoy runner, that pulls the CPU marker with him.

X alone will simply give you more zip on your pass and on Zero, the option to put it into space. Holding R2 and X will be slower paced and make the receiever come to meet the pass rather than looking to run onto it.

I played some lovely balls over the top last night with L1 and Triangle ( I think that's right- the Throughball in the air buttons) by applying very little power then also tapping R2 afterwards to take even more pace off the ball.

There is sooooooooooooo much control on Zero with a full range of passing, it's beautiful.

Nice headers those LT, and fully subscribe to the 'Early Cross' balls from anywhere on the park. They are put right into the mix and cause the CPU a lot of problems.

is the R2+X pass actually an advertised control mechanic? as in, is it actually in the command list? what does it specifically do

+1 ball and stadium make a big impact on the game flow.

Glad it's not just me then.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this, thought I was going crazy.
At some stadiums ball behaves awful, simply that game I can't play to the end.

is the R2+X pass actually an advertised control mechanic? as in, is it actually in the command list? what does it specifically do

I don't think it is advertised, but neither was Circle then R2 until this year. The benefit of R2 and X can only really be felt properly on Zero Assistance for the most part. It's a controlled pass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom