PES 2013 Discussion Thread

I don't think it is advertised, but neither was Circle then R2 until this year. The benefit of R2 and X can only really be felt properly on Zero Assistance for the most part. It's a controlled pass.

well i definitelly feel it playing on 1 bar passing and i agree that it tends to make the receiver anticipate the pass better also.

weird, you'd have thought they'd try and gloss it up as a new feature like the R2 long pass

a question to all in the community.
may "speeder.dll" (in kitserver) brings stability problems with the game?
eg

default game without "kitserver" softness
kitserver enabled: not completely stable (I've never "lodmixer")

this is possible or is it just my problem?

several games without kitserver, softness is incredible

a question to all in the community.
may "speeder.dll" (in kitserver) brings stability problems with the game?
eg

default game without "kitserver" softness
kitserver enabled: not completely stable (I've never "lodmixer")

this is possible or is it just my problem?

several games without kitserver, softness is incredible

i just deleted speeder.. but not for stability, softness?? not sure that is translating correctly mate

Am I going crazy or does the speed of the ball seem different from stadium to stadium? On some, like Allianz Arena or Benebeu the pitches seem slightly more 'lush', almost like the grass looks longer, and on those stadiums the ball speed seems nice and slow.

Switch to other stadiums where the grass looks a bit shorter (Camp Nou for example) and the ball seems to zip along at 100mph.

Anyone else notice this or am I just plain bonkers?

Nope, I beleive this to be true also. To me the Umbro and Nike balls are the fastest and I notice the difference coming from the PES 2013 default ball.

+1 ball and stadium make a big impact on the game flow.

Agreed.

Glad it's not just me then. I'm probably going to do a ML with Parma but seeing as they don't have an official stadium in the game I've been trying them all out to see which ones have the best day/night lighting etc (bar the obvious ones like Bernebeu etc as that'd be too unrealistic). I just can't find a combo I like. There's one stadium (can't remember the name right now though) that looks okay in daytime and great at night, but it's one of those stadiums where the pitch almost seems hard, and the ball flies around really fast. Other stadiums have better pitches but the lighting at night on them looks terrible.

Jose Zorilla ? someone (maybe even yourself) said that had great night lighting.

Anyway you are a man after my own heart, as I have spent as much time playing this game as I have tweaking my TV (pushing greens & tint up, colour increase and sharpeness) and it's settings and finding the better stadiums and then also tweaking the in-game screen adjust settings also.

Got OCD when I first started with it but fairly accepting of how it looks now in the DAY !

Problem being I have not played ML as waiting on a more final OF, so I have always had the choice of day or night settings and only ever chosen day as only played friendlies . . . the dodgy night lighting and look is going to be a shock to my system.

It was the same in FIFA, horrendously dark and weird night lighting but at least then you could choose the day option in your career mode.

It's shocking how both games in 2012 still cannot sort out the turf and how to saturate and light it.

FIFA's Euro 2008 game had excellent night lighting with lush bright green turfs and even on trying the PES 2011 demo the other week for the first time, I couldn't believe how much better the grass, goals, nets and players looked on that game - much more crisp and colourful.

I think we are going backwards at times with these games and graphics.

We can only hope for better in the Next Gen.

P.S.

how about the 'Mohammed Lewis' for your Parma ML ? I think it looks good in the day and has nice sunny lighting on the kits and players.

The ball type doesn't affect anything in the game ffs, it doesn't work like that. As far as the game code understands, the ball is made up of a model (i.e. the information telling the computer that it's supposed to be a sphere, and how to build it) and a texture (the png file showing the pattern of the ball design). The former is going to be practically identical for every ball - the only difference will be the different panelling, e.g. the "classic" 1970 Telstar ball is made up of pentagons while the newer ones are made up of different shapes - and the latter is a tiny picture file far too small to affect framerate or gameplay in any way.

All the information relating to how the ball bounces and rolls is tucked away in deep code, and if there were any deliberate difference between balls written in we'd be able to see it clearly (e.g. the antique 1920s balls would be much heavier, the newer ones would swerve more etc). This is clearly not the case.

Don't know for sure about stadiums - I've certainly never noticed any differences. If there are any, it won't be deliberate, certainly nothing to do with grass length! It's possible that certain stadiums might cause a little slowdown for various reasons, or something like that, but like I say I've not noticed it.

Some people round here give Konami too much credit when it comes to this sort of thing...

Well I'd think that any speed changes from stadium to stadium might be down to graphical/framerate issues rather than actual deliberate changes. I certainly wouldn't give Konami that much credit.

Had amazing match as Portugal v Greece earlier. This is best PES ever.

Do you tap button to win header or hold it down?

I was playing a few games last night, I had 2 bad games to start with, CPU pressuring, cheating, it was a real grind. At that point I was thinking of putting down the controller for good.

Then randomly I decided to take my socks off, but something unbelievable happened, after I'd removed said socks, the gameplay improved considerably, I had time and space on the ball and the weight of passes/shots was perfect.

Has anyone else noticed the change when you take your socks off or is it just me?

:P

Going to try turning the TV upside down and then standing on my head tonight & see what difference that makes to gameplay, I'll report back then.

Hi
Im new to PS3 and just wondered if you can install games to the consoles hard drive like you can with the 360? If so, How? thanks.

Some PS3 games are mandatory, while some others that aren't have an option in-game to install. PES had that. Look somewhere in-game under options or so.

Regarding the DC/Lag cheat

the only suggestion that will actually work is if EVERYBODY knew the DC/lag cheat, sounds extreme I know, but it is the only way Konami will take notice. The same thing happened with the free kick glitch, it was happening in pretty much every game so they had no choice. While in Pes2013, mostly players over 900 points use the lag cheat. I have 912 points in MLO, but really I should have 1000, as I have been disconnected about 50 times already, and I have reported each incident, but no bans have been given.

Every time I come up against a player over 900 points, I say to myself, what is the point? If I am winning at half time, I already know he is going to cheat, if I am not winning, then he will win and get all the points money because I don't know the cheat.

Konami are not doing anything about it because the problem is not widespread, but I want to make it widespread. I want everyone to know the DC/lag cheat, that will make MLO unplayable and surely Konami will sort things out then.

If you don't agree with this, then it's obvious that you don't want the DC/lag cheat taken away, or you would rather less people used it including yourself. If someone can Private message me, and tell me how to do this DC/Lag cheat, I will spread it all over the internet.

Guys this is the only way Konami will listen, trust me. Things need to be destroyed in order to be fixed.

Just a quick question. Is it still possible to unlock items which allow you to have unlimited ML money as well as being a master negotiater (whatever it was called)?

Finally caved in and bought the game. Must say i like it a lot.
Have owned all the releases starting way back and ending somewhere after pes6 when they went next gen and things got worse.

Game plays really well. Haven't figured out a lot of things yet such as formations as the menu's look very different from pes6.

Been having a hard time defending against the through ball but i'm sure i will get there.

Finally pes has some good animations and gameplay.
Together with the WENB ps3 option file i'm having a blast.

Just a quick question. Is it still possible to unlock items which allow you to have unlimited ML money as well as being a master negotiater (whatever it was called)?

I've not seen that option, I would assume it's somewhere in the PES Shop, that's been lost in the 'Konami-Triangle'.

Do you tap button to win header or hold it down?

Either, or. With regards scoring from headers, I'm sure that is more about the timing of the press as opposed to holding it down for power. In saying that, you can perform deft headers with just a tap, but they don't seem to be noticably powered when the button is held down. It's all about the timing of the jump when looking to win headers during open play, and the player statistics.

Been having a hard time defending against the through ball but i'm sure i will get there.

Try using Semi-Assisted Cursor Change instead of Assisted. With this you can choose to control the last defender when the opposition are on the attack. Use Secondary Pressure (Circle) to address the ball-carrier, then you can position your CB/FB/DMF's to either cut out the passing lane or retreat with the runner. Off-the-ball defending has been an absolute must in recent years, especially when dealing with that killer pass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom