PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Wow, I find those statements truly incredible. And for every reason you guys believe that to be the case, I'm happy to offer 3 reasons to the alternate.

If anyone can go back and play any of those games and feel they portray a more realistic replication of football and relevant techniques, then I'm all ears. How anyone can think the masters and creators of the most accurate reproduction off football, can't improve their vision with advanced technology and experience over the years is waaaay beyond me.

It wasn't that long ago that I dusted down my old PS2 and gave both PES 5 and 6 a go. They were genius at the time but now they are spectacularly dated. The gameplay is end to end, players have instant control, the game plays at a crazy speed like its in fast forward. They seemed like they were realistic at the time, but fast forward to present day and they are far from realistic.

Sorry but IMO PES2013 is so superior to the old PS2 games there's no comparison. Everything is better, from the new levels of control you have, to the physics, graphics, pretty much everything.

I can't think of a single reason why the old PES games were better than this current game.

Last edited:
Better all-round games for me and always felt like more finished products. PES2013 gameplay is better although still lacks the magic of last gen, but so much else about PES these days sucks.

It wasn't that long ago that I dusted down my old PS2 and gave both PES 5 and 6 a go. They were genius at the time but now they are spectacularly dated. The gameplay is end to end, players have instant control, the game plays at a crazy speed like its in fast forward. They seemed like they were realistic at the time, but fast forward to present day and they are far from realistic.

Sorry but IMO PES2013 is so superior to the old PS2 games there's no comparison. Everything is better, from the new levels of control you have, to the physics, graphics, pretty much everything.

I can't think of a single reason why the old PES games were better than this current game.

Agreed 100%

Think again. Pes 6 does play faster and is more end to end, but the AI does at least pass the ball around more, even in the backline. The core feeling of it is just much more realistic than new-gen. There is more gravity and weight in every aspect. Stats play a much bigger part. for example if a player has low agility he becomes sluggish in player turns, but in pes 13 I can turn as fast as Messi with anyone. There is much bigger individuality in old-gen, pes 13 cant even compare. There isnt even any speed difference between players in Pes 2013. Where is the individuality?

Pes 13 is fun, but its just shameful to say its a much better game than the old-gens, which it clearly isn't if both taken out of context.

Last edited:
2013 is good but cant help but feel the ai only ever scores counter attacking goals but maybe I just suck at the game.

Player ID is there... For 50 players.

Then copied over other players...

D'Alessandro, Pirlo, Montolivo, Xavi. All have same lofted lob pass animation. I dunno if it's down to animations engine or just KONAMI being lazy...

Btw there is no variety in who can do skill moves and not. You can do double-touch with ANYONE. Ronaldo chop again same story, anyone can do it... Roulettes too... Flip flap, elastico same story...

And I thought FIFA was bad, but PES 2013 is at another level in this :LOL:

As for why old PES have better feeling? Because they are better polished and finished games. Take a look at animations alone. They were better than FIFA back then! :o

The ball was more free, not glued to player feet. Chants, atmosphere and commentary was also better. There was League Mode and International Challenge :D.

Last edited:
All old games are was finish products, you know that..you can feel that, all is made in right direction , all is made by football logic and you can not found better football experiences, you can not make better football experiences for their time and generation .
For me PES 2013 is half complete game ! Yeah , 2013 has good gameplay sides and part, but still has a lot problems whit A.I. , shots, GK, online, modes... And that player ID is complete joke for me !!

I'm still play PES 6 online almost every night, maybe since 2007 , 2v2 , and i cant stop to enjoy this game ! It's 100 % pure football and freedom for your football IQ.

Last edited:
Let's just look at gameplay
Pes 2013 gameplay is way better than pes 2,3,4,5 gameplay

Instead if we talk about the complete package, yeah, pes 5 on ps2 had more options and modes than pes 2013

There is much bigger individuality in old-gen, pes 13 cant even compare. There isnt even any speed difference between players in Pes 2013. Where is the individuality?

Seriously? I know everything is generally a matter of opinion most of the time, but sorry, that statement is just plain wrong. Incredibly wrong.

The only thing old gen PES has going for it over 2013 are the game modes. The gameplay of 2013 out of the box is far superior than the PS2 versions. Also to say it's 'shameful' to say this game is better than old gen PES is ridiculous in itself. I remember being able to get the ball to Ibrahimovic and sprint 70 yards before scoring, and I could even use him to score bullet shots from the halfway line.

Realistic my arse.

Last edited:
About speed difference, I do agree with him. Again, lazy programming from KONAMI. There is catch up, rubber banding AI, programming in AI favor (as in any Sports game).

C. Ronaldo can't take Mertesacker on pace for Gods sake. Are we for real here?! The fastest player (Walcott) can't beat old 35 years defender on pace either...

This is wrong. :X

He would leave them flat out any time of the day... Not in PES :(.

This is where PES5 and 6 ruled.

Seriously? I know everything is generally a matter of opinion most of the time, but sorry, that statement is just plain wrong. Incredibly wrong.

The only thing old gen PES has going for it over 2013 are the game modes. The gameplay of 2013 out of the box is far superior than the PS2 versions. Also to say it's 'shameful' to say this game is better than old gen PES is ridiculous in itself. I remember being able to get the ball to Ibrahimovic and sprint 70 yards before scoring, and I could even use him to score bullet shots from the halfway line.

Realistic my arse.

completely agree
pes 5 was less realistic than pes 2013 and even pes 2011 are. Too simple, too direct, too fast.

Realistic my arse.

Oh for gods sake ofcourse 2013 is overall a more realistic game than Pes6, I didn't say anything else. I was just taking some aspects where old-gen pes is better than current, as you said you couldn't find anything that is. Sure you could sprint 70 yards with Ibra back then but do you really think Konami has sorted out that problem in the right way by erasing speed differences? I mean Walcott does not gain any distance against a sluggish defender with 72 TS. The catch-up bug is there and there is no momentum and you call that realistic? I call it a rush job. Everyone feels too similar overall.

I'm still quite satisfied with 2013 but we should not get ahead of ourselves. Pes is not what it could have been and Konami will keep being lazy if people keep praising them for shit. They listen too much to random forum-fans nowadays instead of listening to people who actually understands football. I don't know this new guy Kei Masuda is but I do not get any good vibes from him. Its enough to look at the new robotic menus and music to get disgusted.

It is very dangerous to state that the current games is better than the old gens.

Last edited:
Technically, PES 2013 is better than PES 3, 4, 5 and 6 but all of those games played better and were more fun and addictive than PES 2013. If it wasn't for the fact that those games look like gash on an HDTV more people would be still playing them.

Oh for gods sake ofcourse 2013 is overall a more realistic game than Pes6, I didn't say anything else. I was just taking some aspects where old-gen pes is better than current, as you said you couldn't find anything that is. Sure you could sprint 70 yards with Ibra back then but do you really think Konami has sorted out that problem in the right way by erasing speed differences? I mean Walcott does not gain any distance against a sluggish defender with 72 TS. The catch-up bug is there and there is no momentum and you call that realistic? I call it a rush job. Everyone feels too similar overall.

I'm still quite satisfied with 2013 but we should not get ahead of ourselves. Pes is not what it could have been and Konami will keep being lazy if people keep praising them for shit. They listen too much to random forum-fans nowadays instead of listening to people who actually understands football. I don't know this new guy Kei Masuda is but I do not get any good vibes from him. Its enough to look at the new robotic menus and music to get disgusted.

It is very dangerous to state that the current games is better than the old gens.

Well, I must be playing a different game to you because with Walcott I can out-sprint the defender. I can with most fast players. I agree there is a bit of catch-up with medium paced players but frankly I'd rather that than in PES 6 where you could get Michael Owen on the ball and sprint near the entire length of the pitch.

There is a load of momentum in the game. Decent foot planting. I really don't see how you think the new guy has taken a bad direction with PES 2013. Compard to previous games there is more difference between players than ever before.

I also don't think people are praising them for 'shit'. The gameplay is anything but. You say they listen to too much feedback from people who know nothing about football, yet you give feedback that the game needs to be more like the versions they released 7 years ago.

So you don't think the new producer is taking it in the right direction? What's the better alternative? PES2012? Or a bunch of games released nearly a decade ago with very simplistic mechanics and no real sense of physics?

No point actually arguing this I suppose, we're clearly never going to agree.

Technically, PES 2013 is better than PES 3, 4, 5 and 6 but all of those games played better and were more fun and addictive than PES 2013. If it wasn't for the fact that those games look like gash on an HDTV more people would be still playing them.

I certainly wouldn't, I had an absolute blast with those games at the time, but now they're horrible. Tap the pass button and it flies at about 200mph. Sprint and turn with no sense of infertia. Rocket shots from 40 yards.

They seemed realistic and fun at the time but for me they certainly wouldn't cut it any more. Not by a long shot.

PES6: Pick Inter and play Cordoba in DMF and he's the best DMF ever yeah right.. Ivan Cordoba LOL

I remember very well how many people have said that (out of box) PES6 was broken back then.. Shots were too good, goalies sucked etc.. use fullbacks as CB because they didn't track back leaving gaps etc.. ping pong play, more in favor of attackers-speed merchants.. maybe opinions have changed?

Regardless though, as long as PES remains to have that 'specific soul' i cannot abandon the series.

PES6: Pick Inter and play Cordoba in DMF and he's the best DMF ever yeah right.. Ivan Cordoba LOL

I remember very well how many people have said that (out of box) PES6 was broken back then.. Shots were too good, goalies sucked etc.. use fullbacks as CB because they didn't track back leaving gaps etc.. ping pong play, more in favor of attackers-speed merchants.. maybe opinions have changed?

Regardless though, as long as PES remains to have that 'specific soul' i cannot abandon the series.

Oh so it isn't like that now? Wow I must play different PES 2013 then...

As playing 4 DCs in defense is better than using fullbacks...

Pretty much Argentina way on World Cup in Germany, but here it works, wonders.

You can play Mexes as DM and you know, he is good there! Despite ranking going wank :).

People are forgetting it's just a GAME. I want fast, end to end game. That was the magic of PES 3/4/5/6. Mixing real life with arcade soul (SWOS anyone?). Back then it worked wonders.

Now, only die-hards play PES. Most good ole' fans as you called them, remembering the days of PES 3/4/5/6 moved away to FIFA (same mechanics as those old PES titles, but packed in new flavoring. FIFA is end-to-end action game, representing football. It doesn't aim to be simulation. It's FUN what comes first).

Shame KONAMI lost the plot and doesn't know what to do with franchise. Move completely into SIM and break the arcade roots completely or... Get back to the start and start from scratch. As I can't stand what they try to pull off at the moment. Mix arcade ML with almost sim like gameplay. Doesn't make any fecking sense to me O_O.

Either make it complete SIM or go back to Arcade ffs. There is no in between anymore :/.

Oh so it isn't like that now? Wow I must play different PES 2013 then...

As playing 4 DCs in defense is better than using fullbacks...

Pretty much Argentina way on World Cup in Germany, but here it works, wonders.

You can play Mexes as DM and you know, he is good there! Despite ranking going wank :).

People are forgetting it's just a GAME. I want fast, end to end game. That was the magic of PES 3/4/5/6. Mixing real life with arcade soul (SWOS anyone?). Back then it worked wonders.

Now, only die-hards play PES. Most good ole' fans as you called them, remembering the days of PES 3/4/5/6 moved away to FIFA (same mechanics as those old PES titles, but packed in new flavoring. FIFA is end-to-end action game, representing football. It doesn't aim to be simulation. It's FUN what comes first).

Shame KONAMI lost the plot and doesn't know what to do with franchise. Move completely into SIM and break the arcade roots completely or... Get back to the start and start from scratch. As I can't stand what they try to pull off at the moment. Mix arcade ML with almost sim like gameplay. Doesn't make any fecking sense to me O_O.

Either make it complete SIM or go back to Arcade ffs. There is no in between anymore :/.
It doesn't represent football very well when every long ball (even on manual) always goes directly to other player feet. I don't care about a game being fun or not with errors like this.

PES2013, with all it's mistakes and bugs, STILL represents football MUCH BETTER than FIFA, period. If I would want to play arcade football, I'd pick FIFA Street directly.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how to register a Created Player into a team please ? I can't seem to find the bloody option anywhere ? :CONFUSE:

Edit - Found it. Edit-Transfers-Team-Add.

Last edited:
yh i also had trouble registering a created player in a club on edit mode, luckily i'm on pc though :SMUG:

anyways does anybody know how to get riquelme back into my pes game :/

after the update he was removed from boca juniors, and i can't find him anywhere :(

i tries looking for him using pc editors but still no luck, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom