PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

@WENB_Arabia:

Pes 15 first trailer will be after 5 days from now

Another year, another battle, another strife. FIFA 15 on PC will be powered by Ignite. That's a stab PES Team didn't expect I guess (didn't I say, they SHOULD have taken the chance with PC last year?! If they have brought fully NEXT GEN title to PC their situation would have been way better, but even on PC they downgraded the graphics and LOD with latest patches -.-).

Let the battle of football games begin now!

25 Euros?
Where did you get that info, or is that what you wish to pay?

Is that your question?
Here it is...

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo-1.png

My brother works on UK, and i ask him the conversion...
£19.99 = 25 Euros.
Look on the PC.
Not the consoles.

Another year, another battle, another strife. FIFA 15 on PC will be powered by Ignite. That's a stab PES Team didn't expect I guess (didn't I say, they SHOULD have taken the chance with PC last year?! If they have brought fully NEXT GEN title to PC their situation would have been way better, but even on PC they downgraded the graphics and LOD with latest patches -.-).

FIFA will win again on PC.
Wonderfull Specs.

@WENB_Arabia:

Pes 15 first trailer will be after 5 days from now

WENB_Arabia tells me everything... bye, bye konami.
A nother pes with the same taste of 2014.

Last edited:

While I agree to an extent, I don't think Konami has the resources to build what would amount to two different versions of the same game. Also the PC will never be the lead platform for PES while its market share is so small compared to consoles.

However, as you said, EA has for many years neglected the true potential of the PC as a sports game platform. It's one area where Konami could have truly taken the fight to EA.

There is no battle, this is media nonsense to sell papers and to make money from advertising through website hits and site promotions. It's stupid we even buy into this, I refuse to pay for FIFA until it uses it's gigantic resources to actually advance its game since it's stood still and gone backwards since 2010 but i play that game, i know that game, it's nothing like PES, never has and never will be in the also 20 years i have played the thing.

There is no real comparison because PES and FIFA are two very different games who cater for different people.

PES is for creative football people who like to edit and create their own footballing world.

FIFA is for anyone who just want to pick up and play a game with minimum fuss with everything ready. It's also the best for online straight forward gaming.

Both have and always will have their own markets. People here would do themselves a big favor in looking over at the PS3 generation for as many different perspective as possible rather than continue like a depressed man who's wife has left him and he can't get over it.

We must understand as a product Konami simply have not invested enough into the game year by year until now for it to be complete. We must understand EA with their massive resources, it was inevitable they where going to assume control of the western gaming world of football with it's investment into a new engine before the Xbox 360 even hit the stores! This created a situation from PES 2008-13 and FIFA 08-13 where on game had a modern engine, and the other with a old gen engine. EA's programming skills are still fucking terrible but they have had huge succeed by simply chucking as much money at their game as possible. Look at football today, that is how you win, spend! spend! spend!. EA don't have to worry about gameplay quality, i know this from playing against many people on my travels, their game will always sell regardless.

Konami could get away without heavy investment on the PS2, but this is a new era and it's taken them time for them to get things sorted to modern day standard. They have paid the price already but have come through it.

As for Hocus pocus, if you didn't like PES 2013 then well you might as well just forget about PES for the future since if you can't adapt to PES 2013 gameplay but slowed down with realistic animations and physics from PES 2014 then I don't think PES 2015 or any future PES games will for you anymore, that's my opinion from what you say.

Konami do not need to worry about EA at all, they just need to work on getting their game right and they will be fine, Konami will never beat EA and don't need to they just need to focus on their own fanbase! FIFA has now been a 'Call of Duty' level game where everyone plays, regardless even if you like the sport! It not about depth at all. You just play and get used to where the script favours you and your all set.

I looking at what Konami have learned since they aren't the top football game anymore rather than moan and become depressed that no game succeed PES6, haven't you guys worked out yet there was never going to happen in the first place without serious investment?

Last edited:

Is that your question?
Here it is...

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo-1.png

My brother works on UK, and i ask him the conversion...
£19.99 = 25 Euros.
Look on the PC.
Not the consoles.

FIFA will win again on PC.
Wonderfull Specs.

WENB_Arabia tells me everything... bye, bye konami.
A nother pes with the same taste of 2014.

Oh, UK, okay.
They´ve always been cheaper than Germany in that section.
Here, if you get it for 35 € for PC you´re very lucky, otherwise you gotta pay 39 €.
I remember when I bought PES 2009 in the UK for 27 €.

Btw,
does the ignite engine really make a recognizable difference?
I can´t see a very big one between CG and NG.
Going from the vids only, haven´t played it yet on NG, though.

Fifa 15 Wow !

EA sports release the Teaser Trailer and System REQ for the game . it will be powered By Ignite And ow we see diffrence ... :
-When EA change the Ingine It Keep Same Gameplay for 3 or 2 Years from 2010-2011 to now Just Improve & Correct some bugs and now make the gfame with a new engine & just improve gameplay not change as KONAMI do
- If Konami Keep their PRogress on gameplay it wil be awesome from PEs 2011 to 2013 the same Gameplay Just Improve Som AI & shots etc.... If pes 2014 Came with same GAmeplay and a little improve and change the ingine it will be perfct But Konami Lose her Fans For ME i always Play PES even it will be the worst PEs for Life Bcz i know that Konami Will Gain the Battle again And will Get back The Fans to the game !!! :D

if you didn't like PES 2013 then well you might as well just just forget about PES for the future since if you can't adapt to PES 2013 gameplay but slowed down with realistic animations and physics from PES 2014 then I don't think PES 2015 or any future PES games will for you anymore, that's my opinion from what you say.

I am not picking on anyone in particular but this is exactly right. People complaining about PES 2008 - 2010 I could understand(even though 2010 was pretty good), they wanted a successor to PES 5/6 and all we had for 3 years were games with no direction or identity. Since 2011 the complaints and wanting a return to the old days are born of an inability to adapt to the advance of classic PES further into a simulation. PES 5/6 are like Fischer Price kids games in comparison with 2013 and from what I read, I dont think the majority of people even begin to realise the depth of the game or the control you have and are expected to take over it. The most common criticisms show this. People complain that its robotic, well thats because you do not have a feel for the weight of the ball or your player and can not control the inertia correctly. They are constantly fighting against it and it does feel robotic and clunky, I had the same feeling before I got to grips with it, but when it clicks everything is silky.
People complain that the defending is bad, thats because of bad tactics and the inability to spot danger and deal with it. With the team style sliders, secondary pressure button, right stick player select, manual offside trap and off the ball AI you have control over your whole team at any time when defending. You need to take care of the ball carrier as far down the pitch as possible then switch your focus to other areas and deal with whats going on there. When my team is setup correctly and I am on point there are games when the CPU will not get a shot off. Sort of tied into this is the complaint that the CPU plays incredibly direct. Now this is partly true but if you cant defend and leave the pitch open for them then that is whats going to happen. By closing down, marking up and shutting off passing lanes you will force the CPU to play some football.
I could go on and on addressing common perceptions of fault with the game and how in my view it stems from incomprehension of the game mechanics but I would be writing all day. The point is that the last few games of last generation are hopefully indicative of where the series is going, if you dont like them the like Klashman has said PES probably will never be your football game of choice again and its not because the games are "broken".

I am not picking on anyone in particular but this is exactly right. People complaining about PES 2008 - 2010 I could understand(even though 2010 was pretty good), they wanted a successor to PES 5/6 and all we had for 3 years were games with no direction or identity. Since 2011 the complaints and wanting a return to the old days are born of an inability to adapt to the advance of classic PES further into a simulation. PES 5/6 are like Fischer Price kids games in comparison with 2013 and from what I read, I dont think the majority of people even begin to realise the depth of the game or the control you have and are expected to take over it. The most common criticisms show this. People complain that its robotic, well thats because you do not have a feel for the weight of the ball or your player and can not control the inertia correctly. They are constantly fighting against it and it does feel robotic and clunky, I had the same feeling before I got to grips with it, but when it clicks everything is silky.
People complain that the defending is bad, thats because of bad tactics and the inability to spot danger and deal with it. With the team style sliders, secondary pressure button, right stick player select, manual offside trap and off the ball AI you have control over your whole team at any time when defending. You need to take care of the ball carrier as far down the pitch as possible then switch your focus to other areas and deal with whats going on there. When my team is setup correctly and I am on point there are games when the CPU will not get a shot off. Sort of tied into this is the complaint that the CPU plays incredibly direct. Now this is partly true but if you cant defend and leave the pitch open for them then that is whats going to happen. By closing down, marking up and shutting off passing lanes you will force the CPU to play some football.
I could go on and on addressing common perceptions of fault with the game and how in my view it stems from incomprehension of the game mechanics but I would be writing all day. The point is that the last few games of last generation are hopefully indicative of where the series is going, if you dont like them the like Klashman has said PES probably will never be your football game of choice again and its not because the games are "broken".

We do have to consider with this argument how diverse pes 2013 was in terms of gameplay and the language barrier on forums. Not everyone here has a great grasp on english here being their 3rd or 4th language or so. I think many skip my long posts and tend to look for short easier to read posts and pictures. So when I been saying everything you said over and over a fair amount people didn't understand. Not everyone but its something best done with video examples.

Although going on to explain your point. The diversity of pes 2013 gameplay settings is the reasom we get quite a variety of oposing opinions.

Many people judge pes 2013 just on its online ranked matches which are 'designed' to be a free for all arcade freestyle matches.

Many where just put off by the lacklusture atmosphere, dodgy animations and dry graphical presentation.

Many never moved away from 3 bar default easy level passing. Where going on full manual amd 1 bar where the bare minimum for a simulation output.

Many never realized the scripting which changes the inertia and speed of the due to time length. Since 2011 the longer you set the time. The harder and more realstic the game was in conjunction with diffucaulty level. Copa libertadores on 30 minutes is a joy. It's just beautiful.

This shows how good the gameplay was. It can cater for very different styles very well. So the obligation to study the game tactical isn't needed all the time.

Finally the big question some people need to ask themselves is can you handle simulation? Like whats been said if people have trouble adapting to pes 2013 and 2011 etc... how do you expect to cope in the future if your still trying to play the game like pes6? Simulation isn't as easy as people think and if your arrogant and think you know it all about football, the core premise of not just simulation but a great challenge is how and what you learn after each encounter many not be for you. We never stop learning.

that's all I want klash a true simulation where my only limitation is my own imagination and skill. I want the little details to be important and so far pes is the closest to giving that experience im sure this year we'll get a good game they have a good engine base in fox. I thought at times pes 2014 looked better than next gen fifa 14 in some instances they just need to properly implement the changes they made last year and fix master league for me

PES 2013 is a football simulator?
Forget ball control, what is is difference between Messi's explosiveness and Andy Carroll's when you play PES 13? Simulation?
Players running full speed without ball but with ball they run like they have already played 120 min full game. Simulation?
Forget manual, with full assist Xavi's through ball can't reach messi's leg. Simulation?
What's the specialty of Andrea Pirlo's lob pass when compare with Antonio Nocerino? Simulation?
What difference it makes whether you have Cristiano Ronaldo or Ashley Young in your wing? Simulation?
And should people attend coaching class to learn how to play a video game?

that's all I want klash a true simulation where my only limitation is my own imagination and skill. I want the little details to be important and so far pes is the closest to giving that experience im sure this year we'll get a good game they have a good engine base in fox. I thought at times pes 2014 looked better than next gen fifa 14 in some instances they just need to properly implement the changes they made last year and fix master league for me

Totally agree with you.

Pocus is entitled to speak that way. You can't go to war with cartoon tanks.
I'm not surprised, as Tiazinha said, about wenb_arabia, I feel it a normal consequence of Adam role in Konami. Shift the attention on arab zone, doesn't certainly make the game better.
There are well other things which could attract people in returning to PES. Let's see if they understood how to spend money.

Last edited:

Although going on to explain your point. The diversity of pes 2013 gameplay settings is the reasom we get quite a variety of oposing opinions........

I agree with you post. My point of view is not as arrogant as my post may have come across, I do not think that the only reason people dislike PES2013 is because they do not understand it. I can totally understand why people would be put off of the game for a number of reasons. But when addressing some of the more common criticisms, it seems clear to me that there is a lack of understanding of the games finer points. I dont want this to come across as insulting, it does not take a genius to figure them out, just time and experience and due to a number of reason many people did not get enough of either. I have been playing for a year and a half and I am still seeing ways of improving and subtleties in the game play.

I think one of the biggest problems when approaching PES early last gen and this may happen again now, is that there was no frame of reference when playing the new PES for the first time. As I mentioned earlier because from 2008 - 2011 the game changed so drastically every year, no one's idea of what PES was was satisfied. People wanted a clear evolution from PES 5/6 and never got one, Konami released a whole new species every year.
PES 2011 felt like an evolution of the golden age, it was everything I expected a PES game to be but with the freedom that the next gen could afford it, the problem was it was many years too late. I think if PES2011 came out in 2007 and then the game carried on as it did with 2012 & 2013 being PES 2009/10 then the mass FIFA migration would not have occurred and PES2013 would be just as revered as PES 5/6. People just lost patience with the game and by time the renaissance came around many did not have the interest or motivation required to get into the game. PES' deficiencies in the old days were looked past because it had so much charm and the competition was absolutely awful, in 2010 it was much harder to see past PES' flaws and put in the time to unearth the gem. So I guess my point here is that the majority of people have not evolved along with the game, I dont think its a case of players not being able to handle a sim or wanting one, its that they are being thrown in the deep end and are expected to be able to stay afloat.

On the topic of PES 2015, I am thinking it may be a 2011 type year. PES 2014 to me is like FIFA 07, its a proof of concept. Konami have shown that they are able to get a footy game working in the FOX engine and the possibilities that are there but there is little beyond that. I hope they will further refine the engine and begin to implement the football philosophy that has been apparent since 2011 and reached its zenith in 2013. It could be very good.

Last edited:

Gentleman. That mass migration to fifa was inevitable. We can't play hindsight say what if pes 2011 was in 2007 since 2011 was a result of Konami having the pressure off, with the limelight soley on fifa. The fact PES fell down without direction was a failure which needed to happen. This is why they have done so well to rebuild their philosophy.

Failure is necessary for a greater change to happen. I see you point still, I think in a greater sense it proves propoganda and reputation can drastically affect peoples opinion on a game. This leaves the reality we must look at is people are going have a long hard time transitioning from PES6 to future well recieved PES games.

PES 2013 is a football simulator?
Forget ball control, what is is difference between Messi's explosiveness and Andy Carroll's when you play PES 13? Simulation?
Players running full speed without ball but with ball they run like they have already played 120 min full game. Simulation?
Forget manual, with full assist Xavi's through ball can't reach messi's leg. Simulation?
What's the specialty of Andrea Pirlo's lob pass when compare with Antonio Nocerino? Simulation?
What difference it makes whether you have Cristiano Ronaldo or Ashley Young in your wing? Simulation?
And should people attend coaching class to learn how to play a video game?

Spectacular rant. No substance to it whatsover fulled with pure dissatisfaction but it seema as if you didnt want to understand my post so good luck to you.

Last edited:

Whoa! So many outrages over PES 13? LOL!
You like PES 13 ‘jurasic age’ football over PES 14’s dynamic vibrant football? Ok choice is yours.
But a fun fact- If they make 15 like ‘modified 14’ maybe there is still a hope for PES to counter.
But they choose for another 13? Well, then WWF can make new list of endangered species just by counting total no PES buyers.

PS: English experts here do not know difference between ‘rants’ and ‘facts’. ROFL!
Now bring on abuses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hocus judges the game on animations and graphic presentation I think only. Rather than tactically and regarding the technical aspects represented.

Also it's 'facts based on your point of view' this is how debates work. You must be open towards the opinions of others. Not ignorant to everyone but your own. Many of your viewpoints have been understood and explained before.

Your misunderstanding my point on PES 2013. With the fox engine animations the mechanics behind that game will show a quality game. It really is quite difficault to speak with you.

Last edited:

Fecking train wreck of a thread.We have PES2015 Discussion thread rapidly derailed to PES2013.
No its not relevant before anyone says it is.

And any jokers who think extra massive fonts and bold type gets Your point across more will either have it edited or vapourised.

What is this talk about Konami being doomed because of arguments like FIFA bringing ignite engine to pc? Also KONAMI's problem is not that they have less manpower than FIFA. Their problem is, they don't know what they are doing. this proof lies in the fact that they have had 7 years to make a decent PES and they failed. Increasing the manpower makes only sense when they are used to create gamemodes, update stats, make data packs etc. In those areas more manpower makes sense, but the core of the game, the basics is done by a few people. Don't be naive in thinking that more manpower will solve their problems. With the manpower they had the last 7 years they still weren't able to get the basics right. FIFA's succes has nothing to do with the amount of people working on it. When it comes to gamemodes, updating etc more manpower would be a logical step, but the core (hate it or love it)has been there in FIFA for the last 7 years. And this was not because of the manpower but because of a vision and building on that vision year after year. These problems are in the core of KONAMI. Their mentality has to change. I have no faith in the EUROPEAN team because the cultural differences are too big.

There is no real comparison because PES and FIFA are two very different games who cater for different people.

PES is for creative football people who like to edit and create their own footballing world.

FIFA is for anyone who just want to pick up and play a game with minimum fuss with everything ready. It's also the best for online straight forward gaming.

This is a simple way to sum it up, yet pretty much on-the-ball.

It's definitely true that PES has been a series for people who would like to 'create' their own footballing experience. I think that many might have the wrong expectations of the series, and have probably fallen out of love with its ethos because of a general change in their own mentality - rather than say any significant series shift. I know that I could probably level that kind of criticism at myself.

Still, I am somewhat shocked that the more creative of the two series' has, so far, not put in the feature that has arguably been the biggest thing to happen in sports-games this past generation: sliders. Even though I think that Fifa is pretty poor game out of the box, it is made all the better because you can change it into something you think resembles football. PES 2015 would do very well to try to adopt a similar creative principle. I really do hope it's the first thing they announce.

At this point, it's probably going to be easier to accept that PES is going to be flawed again in some major way. It just will; it's as inevitable as some member of your family you don't like coming to visit you over Christmas. I just don't think the development team are capable of making the free-flowing type of experience that Fifa exhibits. Of course, that doesn't excuse the game, but neither does it mean it should be pushed to the pits of oblivion. What we will hopefully end up with is some kid of flawed gem, and like Klash says, you should be prepared to personally polish it to get the mud off (or something like that).

Last edited:

Pocus is entitled to speak that way. You can't go to war with cartoon tanks.
I'm not surprised, as Tiazinha said, about wenb_arabia, I feel it a normal consequence of Adam role in Konami. Shift the attention on arab zone, doesn't certainly make the game better.
There are well other things which could attract people in returning to PES. Let's see if they understood how to spend money.

Exactly my friend, that kind of source i can aspect in the future.
Affraid? Yes.
Buy it? No. Maybe i will never get any soccer game for pc again.
Compared to flash soccer games.
I will test the videogame before i say something...

Yes, give us some! :LOL:

superleeds1 already give $500 bucks to Pocus.
It will buy some extra fireworks to get this #ss out here... :))
superleeds1 don´t get mad, always people doing that.
They have bots everywere.

Last edited:

Exactly my friend, that kind of source i can aspect in the future.
Affraid? Yes.
Buy it? No. Maybe i will never get any soccer game for pc again.
Compared to flash soccer games.
I will test the videogame before i say something...

superleeds1 already give $500 bucks to Pocus.
It will buy some extra fireworks to get this #ss out here... :))
superleeds1 don´t get mad, always people doing that.
They have bots everywere.

:WASTED::LOL:

We are customers of a videogame, not national team technician coach. A videogames doesn't need to recreate reality in everything, it's hard and lot of study is needed, and it's useless to focus on graphic changes before physics and animation changes.
There are 2 things we need at any release, and a lot of other things we never asked for, we really don't feel the need.
Examples?
1-Yearly releases, just a business induction.
2-Poor edit mode, never comparable to a mod.
3-Licensing from 2012 is going to kill all levels of mods (of encrypt, cpk encrypt..)
4-Strategies, which should be easy to do, become even more difficult to use. Arrows anyone?
5-There is always a mess in goalkeeping or shooting. None is happy with one or another. How is possible there is 1 billion of opinions about a shoot or a parry?
6-Weak teams often play like noble teams.
7-Useless difficult level. In FIFA for example, we have 4 o 5 levels with adjustable speed, sliders, stats of players and momentum. After you spend all your time in finding your best calibration, I just can't understand how people can express absolute opinion about a game with another, when is already difficult to compare "my FIFA config" with "your FIFA config".
8-Physics breaking (see CR7 so on..)
9-Performing tricks. Why ID when there are few? Why we have to go crazy fiddling with buttons and levers to do a roulette? Why do we need cards?Why 55 useless parameters? Why the hike in value goes 0-100? 4 to 9 isn't enough to understand?

These are some examples without considering unnecessary hairs on arms when hairs on head don't move.

Last edited:

An entire gen of "incomplete" games speak for themselves really.

You can't be told to ignore the lack of modes/features and a mediocre online mode, clunky animations/physics, inconsistent gameplay with unnecesary amounts of scripting; and instead focus on technical aspects of the gameplay, and still call it "a good game".

Give people a complete package, keep focusing on gameplay but stop neglecting everything else, and everyone will be much happier with the game for at least another year.

An entire gen of "incomplete" games speak for themselves really.

You can't be told to ignore the lack of modes/features and a mediocre online mode, clunky animations/physics, inconsistent gameplay with unnecesary amounts of scripting; and instead focus on technical aspects of the gameplay, and still call it "a good game".

Give people a complete package, keep focusing on gameplay but stop neglecting everything else, and everyone will be much happier with the game for at least another year.

Because of that aspect, i will buy when konami finishes to update the game.
I'm soooo sad to get the game in the first date, because i can able to buy it next week cheap after they release the latest patch.
The time we will waste is the same time for Winning Eleven users from Japan.
I hope PES 2015 will not start again, with that excuse one more year about transitions.
We are sick and tired to make tools to edit a soccer game.
Is that so hard make a complete team editor ingame?
Is that so hard edit a custom kit in the menu, with this #ullshit they make?
I request to konami 2 years ago a complete kit editor, not a kit editor with small image parts, if we can´t able to add logos in the back.
One and only simple image to edit on photoshop is not so hard for konami doing that.
I'm not angry.
But sad, very sad... :CRY:

Last edited:

Because of that aspect, i will buy when konami finishes to update the game.
I'm soooo sad to get the game in the first date, because i can able to buy it next week cheap after they release the latest patch.
The time we will waste is the same time for Winning Eleven users from Japan.
I hope PES 2015 will not start again, with that excuse one more year about transitions.
We are sick and tired to make tools to edit a soccer game.
Is that so hard make a complete team editor ingame?
Is that so hard edit a custom kit in the menu, with this #ullshit they make?
I request to konami 2 years ago a complete kit editor, not a kit editor with small image parts, if we can´t able to add logos in the back.
One and only simple image to edit on photoshop is not so hard for konami doing that.
I'm not angry.
But sad, very sad... :CRY:

THIS!!!! Can't agree more!!! One more thing that I really wait for long is a way to randomize stats. For example, lets say we want to create a team but we don't know too much about the stats of players in that team. It could be wonderful if you can create players by just defining some parameters (like for example just the overall, or the speed of a player) and the editor automatically assign the stats. Something like Fifa creation center. One more thing that would be nice to implement is the ability to create random faces. It was present in PES 3. I dont like to spend hours editing faces one by one, because it takes a lot even for just one face, so why not implementing the ability to click just one button and get a random face created with internal editor?

Absolutely spot-on.:WORSHIP: This is the kind of mentality needed to make a good PES; not an average football game.
EDITING untill the death. Fuck the licensing. Perfect atmosphere in stadium, not licensed atmosphere in stadium. Perfect weather changing, wind, snow, rain, winter, summer, midday match, afternoon matches, nights cup, perfect physics: Players like Ronaldinho don't have to be supermen, surely very difficult to stop, just have ability others don't have, and if you try to do the same move, you lose the ball, you fall. This is football. Stats have to be the leaders. Everyone responds based on them exclusively and then a random wheel for certain situations which is unpredictable, like a momentum. A special bar for kick taking, not a holograph cursor, which responds to your ability in chosing the right balance, like shooting pool, so you can get full bar for great takers, little bar for noobs and a more difficult calibration to guess. Easy strategies, clear to make. Stamina and fatigue system. How long we don't see a right animation for those who are tired? Does anyone stop to run? Or jogging and then walk or bend on their knee asking to be substitued?
But these fucking engines which costs so much, is possible can't deliver these feelings?
Certainly the answer is yes, but as always, is the handle that counts in sweeping.

Back
Top Bottom