PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

Hope we get some juicy pre-announcements this year.

Looking forward to the announcements about announcements.

If we're lucky we might get an announcement of an announcement about an announcement. A personal favourite of mine.

Ha ha.

A shoddy trailer and verbose hyperbolic bullets points, is my guess.

I'm actually digging Zee's 'non-announcement countdown clock' to be honest.

Hi Jamez, that "Nextyear" right under your name, say it all about konami PR :LMAO:
It's 7 years we're waiting for something from Mars to land here.

I havent been waiting 7 years. I think many who have been waiting so long will never get back into pes.

Regardless if its good or not so much has changed for people to pick it up like they used to.

Looking forward to the announcements about announcements.

If we're lucky we might get an announcement of an announcement about an announcement. A personal favourite of mine.
loool jamezinho Nextyear(tm) lol

i think twitch is wrong because konami has their own allocated floor space for e3 i saw it myself

I havent been waiting 7 years. I think many who have been waiting so long will never get back into pes.

Regardless if its good or not so much has changed for people to pick it up like they used to.

That's the unfortunate truth isn't it. If people do feel the need for a football game then Fifa has become their trusted product. NO COMPARISONS INTENDED but it'd be silly not to look at that game viewed as The Complete Football Game To Go For if they want a game. I definitely get the impression that people (not us) are a bit more cynical about picking up games on a whim like they would have done pre-internet days so I do wonder if Konami have been making huge errors in assuming Western-gamers will maintain loyalty to the PES brand. We do, but then again we make time to come to a bloody internet forum to discuss (and complain about) the game. We aren't really a normal demographic, more extreme.

This is another reason why I don't understand Konami's decision-making at all and find it rather lazy despite their relatively decent efforts in the past few years. They seem like they've wanted people to convert from Fifa to PES over the past few years and it's been a futile effort for one reason or another. They've maintained a desire to produce a kind of arcade-sim combination but, in truth, that's basically what EA already do (and do it better judging by the eyes of many - whether that be for superficial reasons or not is another topic of debate). If Konami wanted to demonstrate a desire to be different, they could seek to offer an altogether new product which appeals by virtue of seeming new and shiny. That's how their games used to feel in the past but something that has become less true over the past 7 years.

As an analogy, it's a bit like Bohemia (Arma) trying to go up against Activision (CoD). They don't. They go for different audiences and the games could not seem more different despite being in the same military-shooter genre. Even EA (Battlefield) - a company who do for the same audience as CoD - have tried hard to ensure that they bring forward a product that seems different even if not better (judging, again, by the popular-vote).

I don't think the difference between Fifa and PES is enough and I'd love it if PES really did something new and exciting, rather than mundane and capable. If the series has any desire to actively attract people back to it then it's this so I hope they try it with PES 2015. Even then, it's just going to get the ball rolling and they need to maintain the same ideas over the next few years.

i think twitch is wrong because konami has their own allocated floor space for e3 i saw it myself

Yes, they have booth #701.

The problem is, they are NOT on Twitch schedule. Wondering what they are going to present. Looking by the size of their booth on floor it's 2x smaller than what EA has :LOL:.

So far they have only announced one title they will present:

http://www.e3insider.com/exhibitor/view/141/konami-digital-entertainment-inc/

MGS V: The Phantom Pain

:SHOCK: The Running animations in this videos of PES 2014 on the last page , looks so so bad and wrong (like every other PES game since 2007)

Another year, another hype-train to follow... Although my expectations for PES 2015 are near 0%, I hope hardcore PES fans get the game they deserve.

After last years fuck-ups, I think it's time for Konami to switch to a "shut up and ship" mentality.

Please, no more PR bullshit like this:

It's been a fantastic year for the new studio working with Japan, truly global effort. We'll keep you waiting, but I assure you, PES is ours

Yes :) That's what I was going to write
Bo1NriAIYAAPfq4.jpg

And here... so much wrong things in there . All players look the same, with same 3D model, same " numbers " on the shirts.. 3d model itself looks very bad.

frmf.ma (moroccan football federation web site) add on the left :LMAO:

That's the unfortunate truth isn't it. If people do feel the need for a football game then Fifa has become their trusted product. NO COMPARISONS INTENDED but it'd be silly not to look at that game viewed as The Complete Football Game To Go For if they want a game. I definitely get the impression that people (not us) are a bit more cynical about picking up games on a whim like they would have done pre-internet days so I do wonder if Konami have been making huge errors in assuming Western-gamers will maintain loyalty to the PES brand. We do, but then again we make time to come to a bloody internet forum to discuss (and complain about) the game. We aren't really a normal demographic, more extreme.

This is another reason why I don't understand Konami's decision-making at all and find it rather lazy despite their relatively decent efforts in the past few years. They seem like they've wanted people to convert from Fifa to PES over the past few years and it's been a futile effort for one reason or another. They've maintained a desire to produce a kind of arcade-sim combination but, in truth, that's basically what EA already do (and do it better judging by the eyes of many - whether that be for superficial reasons or not is another topic of debate). If Konami wanted to demonstrate a desire to be different, they could seek to offer an altogether new product which appeals by virtue of seeming new and shiny. That's how their games used to feel in the past but something that has become less true over the past 7 years.

As an analogy, it's a bit like Bohemia (Arma) trying to go up against Activision (CoD). They don't. They go for different audiences and the games could not seem more different despite being in the same military-shooter genre. Even EA (Battlefield) - a company who do for the same audience as CoD - have tried hard to ensure that they bring forward a product that seems different even if not better (judging, again, by the popular-vote).

I don't think the difference between Fifa and PES is enough and I'd love it if PES really did something new and exciting, rather than mundane and capable. If the series has any desire to actively attract people back to it then it's this so I hope they try it with PES 2015. Even then, it's just going to get the ball rolling and they need to maintain the same ideas over the next few years.

Good post.

The key is not to do the silly depressive attitude of looking at what could of been. This is a fear based western mentality. This ruins your awareness of the future since you refuse to accept you current reality infront of you. So you have no stable platform to build from and your not positive enough to remain aware of your own power.

The biggest issue here is in the past 7 years Konami have simply not invested or not had enough vision at an corporate level to make serious monetary investments in the game. This is the best way to look at it. Your right about ea. This is a company which has more money than sense, there is no thought process when a new console comes in and their ea sports department builds a brand new engine for all its sports titles.

Now combine this with the thinking process we see where people still in the ps2 mentallity expecting a complete PES package up to standards on all aspects when financially and throughout their entire staff roster they are incapable of doing so. Plus the awareness of many westerners to view other market sectors as less important than their own. Something I have learned on my travels is how big PES still is in Asia but South America especially. Everyone I've met plays PES! Also South Americans aren't as accustom to the new consoles, the ps2 was still the main console in Argentina in 2011 for example. Konami have done well to keep its biggest markets happy over these last 7 years to keep alive.

The main point we have to understand is to stop feeling sorry for ourselves so much as if we are victims of some Konami conspiracy to defaud us every year because the game isnt perfect. We are here in this situtation for a reason, not by accident, because we like Konami had no vision for pes's future back around the time of PES6 and complied with the lack of investment, it took 3 years to move to a new style and then finalize that style with 2013 and with 2014 upgrade of the graphics and physics to modern standards. The perfect game we expected was never going to happen. Konami where way way too far behind by the time PES 2009 hit and again recieved a technology upgrade far too late to nail the ps3.

We live in an extremely unfair world. You can always get somewhere forward by accepting whats there and why its there rather than complaining whats not there and losing sight of why it wasn't. Or better still if things are not there like you expect you can show your passion and move on to something you deserve.

I don't look at this as time wasted at all. We are here to all work together and create the best possible life for all of is collectively, I see this experimental period the last 3 editions have showed so many aspects and lessons learned, many tasks, trials and tribulations which needed to be met head on before progress.

This is the reality. The reality is konami in gameplay terms have shown everything needed to create succes on the next generation. The question marks reside over marketing, atmosphere and presentation.

Last edited:

I just do one test!

YouTube - PES2014 Ronaldo vs López 100m R1 run

In PES 2015 stats for shooting, passing, speed etc. must make а difference between players, in PES2014 stats for speed does not play any role, both of player in this video have the same speed!

Ronaldo's speed is 87, Lopez is 65.

Another video from this guy.
YouTube - Pes 2014 100 meter dash 23-5-2014 bad physics.

Running with a ball is dribbling speed, not speed.
But there he even has 90 :LOL:

Even there might not be a big difference but it would have been interesting to double tap R1 doing that test.

Maybe that´s the "real" dribbling speed then.

But anyway, yeah, they have toned down that section way too much.
It doesn´t matter having Walcott or Milner on the wings, speed-wise.

All of them stats need to have an effect.

I hope they´ll solve it better in PES 2015

Running with a ball is dribbling speed, not speed.
But there he even has 90 :LOL:
You're right, overall stats are guilty for that!
In PES6 I knew what each stats means, how it affects the players, etc. ..

Now I do not even bother to watch stats because almost have no role, unfortunately watch only overall :RANT:

Last edited:

Good post.

The key is not to do the silly depressive attitude of looking at what could of been. This is a fear based western mentality. This ruins your awareness of the future since you refuse to accept you current reality infront of you. So you have no stable platform to build from and your not positive enough to remain aware of your own power.

The biggest issue here is in the past 7 years Konami have simply not invested or not had enough vision at an corporate level to invest which is the best way to look at it. Your right about ea. This is a company which has more money than sense, there is no thought process when a new console comes in and their ea sports department builds a brand new engine for a its sports titles.

Now combine this with the mentallity we see where people still in the ps2 mentallity expecting a complete pes package up to standards on all aspects when financially and through personnel they are incapable of doing so. Plus the awareness of many westerners to view other market sectors as less important than their own, something I have learned on my travels is how big PES still is in asia but south america especially. Everyone I've met plays pes. Also south americans aren't as accustom to the new consoles, the ps2 was still the main console in Argentina in 2011 for example. Konami have done well to keep its biggest markets happy over these last 7 years to keep alive.

The main point we have to understand is to stop feeling sorry for ourselves so much as if we are victims of some Konami conspiracy to defaud us every year because the game isnt perfect. We are here in this situtation for a reason, not by accident, because we like Konami had no vision for pes's future back around the time of pes6 and complied with the lack of investment, it took 3 years to move to a new style and then finalize that style with 2013 and with 2014 upgrade the graphics and physics to modern standards. The perfect game we expected was never going to happen. Konami where way way too far behind by the time PES 2009 hit and again recieved a technology upgrade far too late to nail the ps3.

We live in an extremely unfair world. You can always get somehwere by accepting whats there and why its there rather than complaining whats not there and losing sight of why it wasn't. Or better still if things are not there like you expect you can show your passion and move on to something you deserve.

I don't look at this as time wasted at all. We are here to all work together and create the best possible life for all of is collectively, I see this experimental period the last 3 editions have showed so many aspects and lessons learned, many tasks, trials and tribulations which needed to be met head on before progress.

This is the reality. The reality is konami in gameplay terms have shown everything needed to create succes on the next generation. The question marks reside over marketing, atmosphere and presentation.

Great post nail on the head.

Great post nail on the head.
Agree. Once again klashman69 got it spot on.

The potential is there, you can really see it in PES 2014 despite all its flaws and all the areas in which it comes short.
Gameplay wise they are moving in the right direction, they just need to polish (the UI of the menus is something I wouldn't be proud of if I were them), fix* (keepers completely falling asleep on lobs come to mind) and complete PES2014 (no weather system, really?) and PES will be back as a serious contender.

*I don't know whether Konami fixed the game or not through the year as I just played the out-of-the-box retail copy that a friend of mine bought and nothing else. Then he moved to FIFA (like I did way before, the last PES I bought is 2011) and PES 2014 got forgotten.
Still, from what I saw in October, the potential is there and you can see a good part of it.

Imho Pes 2014 is still very far away from a satisfying football experience and I mean it regarding on the pitch gameplay.

Individuality is lacking, stats don't mean much, scripting is used heavily on top player and superstar due to a lack of intelligent AI for the CPU.

It looks like football, but it doesn't play like it. Anination, control and variety is missing as well.

And after all these years there is still no realtime two tiered stamina fatigue system.

And why are there only three tactical setups saveable per team?

And why isn't there an option right at popping in the gamedisc to start where one left off automatically without having to go through multiple menus and loading stuff?

The only hope I have is that with the 6x power of the CPU in the nextgen we will see something considerably better.

Adam Bhatti:
Hey all, just wanted to say, I'm no longer PES Community Manager. I'm happy to say I'm now PES European Brand Manager :)
:PIG::COAT::TD:

i guess this means that the position is up for grabs JIMMY for pes community manager who is with me ?

Same shit, different job title.
well i think pes 2015 will be a bit better but not certainly a miracle game but a balanced game with better keepers and graphics . I really hope they take advantage of nextgen hardware and bring back all the little things that made pes great

Adam Bhatti:

:PIG::COAT::TD:

So, can we now assume PES 2015 to be total disaster? How can we have Community/Brand manager who doesn't know stuff about football? How can he be responsible for telling team that works on PES what to improve? He doesn't really convert. :(

Time will tell though, but cannot be optimistic, rather all the more skeptical. Damn it. Wished for some good news and not SSDD stuff :(.

Back
Top Bottom