PES 2017 Playtest impressions

‏@AshElNegro
New player attributes - Body Control & Physical Contact #PES2017

Worth noting that most of the early impressions are 2 pkayer matches, some people are saying that they are starting toplay against the AI now

I don't know if it has been already mentioned...but...does anybody know something about the PC version? still a PS3 port? I heard to say that this time it is not going to be an old gen version but it will be the same as XBOXONE and PS4...anybody knows more?

As usual, if you don´t hear anything official about the pc version in the next few weeks, it´s gonna be like the last two years most likely.

UK COMMUNITY IMPRESSIONS from PESDAY

Pirate ‏@PESFan_Pirate 9m9 minutes ago Windsor, South East
Through balls over the top don't seem to be so OP with defenders reading it most of the time and managing to intercept #PESday

dunno what the personal preference of this guy tho

YouTube : Shogun FC ‏@AshElNegro 16m16 minutes ago
New player attributes - Body Control & Physical Contact #PES2017

thats quiet less than i expected

Damian® Daymos™ ‏@DJDaymos 20m20 minutes ago
Transitions between camera angles are not like before #PES2017

No black screen pause ie gap...

Replys are relevant clips only

Damian® Daymos™ ‏@DJDaymos 36m36 minutes ago
Replays flow normal speed #PESDAY
#PES2017
So refreshing to see.. faces look like they are on another level.. more lifelike

Pirate ‏@PESFan_Pirate 17m17 minutes ago
#PESday keepers seem to be a massive improvement just smashed a shot toward the bottom corner v @bad_boy_g & Lloris tipped it round the post

Gari Clark ‏@GariClark 1m1 minute ago Windsor, South East
Also, the shooting is so much more organic now compared to how it was last year. It now feels rewarding

Ali ‏@bad_boy_g 16m16 minutes ago
deep defensive line is fantasticPart of advanced instructions' stops any long balls! Amazing how the defenders stop all L1 triangle #PESday

Ali ‏@bad_boy_g 11m11 minutes ago
So far keepers look 100
Times better plus defenders are so much more clever! We haven't had any huge goal games #PESday #PES2017

Gari Clark ‏@GariClark 3m3 minutes ago Windsor, South East
@mr_mj82 @Kamron09 Nets are more realistic and react how they should.

Gari Clark ‏@GariClark 6m6 minutes ago Windsor, South East
@Alex_Malcolm79 Shooting is more natural and dynamic and the refs are a lot better at blowing for fouls and playing advantage etc

Pirate ‏@PESFan_Pirate now3 seconds ago
@bad_boy_g @Marhoomy @Adam_Bhatti R2 shots are hit and miss as not all are going in keepers are making saves on shots that go in on PES2016

Ali ‏@bad_boy_g 37s38 seconds ago
Advanced instructions 'swam the box' utilise this when I was winning at 85th minute! Allow to defend in numbers to hold your lead #PESDay

Gábor Szkokán ‏@szkoki 5m5 minutes ago
@bad_boy_g Is there any pass error or passes are just as accurate as they were in 2016? Also how are the passing assistance lvls?Same again?
Ali ‏@bad_boy_g 3m3 minutes ago
@szkoki not every pass is completely accurate! And the different levels give you more freedom but the more you master the more you can do

Gábor Szkokán ‏@szkoki 24m24 minutes ago
@NicoDiMaria_ please tell me if AI shots are varied, no bottom corner spamfest again :D :) have fun!

Nico ⚜ ‏@NicoDiMaria_ 6m6 minutes ago Windsor, South East
@szkoki huge variation. Lot's crosses into box, shots from distance etc

Pirate Retweeted
PESFan ‏@PESFannews 30m30 minutes ago
"Lower passing levels give more freedom. If you master it you'll be rewarded" - @PESFan_Pirate testing #PES2017 support settings. #PESDay

Ali ‏@bad_boy_g 2h2 hours ago
The way the ball moves is so accurate! They've toned down the sped of the game! So many advanced instructions! Trying them all #PESDay

Kamron Singh ‏@Kamron09 7m7 minutes ago
@GariClark Is there still dotted lines for free-kicks/corners/goal kicks?

Gari Clark
‏@GariClark
@Kamron09 It's similar to PES 2016, but instead of a dotted line, it's now just a line

jimmy tzinalas ‏@jiinala 54m54 minutes ago
@GariClark @8bitJose is there variation between players to passing shooting, can CB run from one end to another doing diagonal runs

Gari Clark
‏@GariClark
@jiinala @8bitJose Yeah, more variation and no, it's harder to do that with a CB now as the players close down space better

Betting Man ‏@FTWBettingTips 17m17 minutes ago
@GariClark @Kamron09 Are the refs better for yellows? Could get away with assault on pes2016 most of the time!

Gari Clark
‏@GariClark
@FTWBettingTips @Kamron09 Yeah, they are more realistic now. They blow up or play the advantage

Damian® Daymos™ ‏@DJDaymos 2h2 hours ago
@pdn_sujin @AshElNegro ref has been good.. not card happy.. and not soft.. seems just right for now..

TheMidniteKid PESUNI ‏@DaMidniteKid 51m51 minutes ago
So far, wow. Actually so impressed. Can also confirm through ball spamming is gone, thoroughly tested by Few people like @lelly2sxc #PESday

Daniel Henry ‏@danielrhenry 1h1 hour ago
@DaMidniteKid @lelly2sxc honestly through ball spammers will be destroyed - defending is so awesome this year #PES2017

Glen PESW ‏@glen_pesworld 2m2 minutes ago
Visually #PES2017 is amazing even the fans have been given a makeover. You should see the players breathing out the cold air #chilly

jimmy tzinalas ‏@jiinala 24m24 minutes ago
@GariClark @8bitJose also one area which annoyed me a lot, do all players have quick acceleration or has that been individualised

Gari Clark
‏@GariClark
@jiinala @8bitJose Its a lot better now

Thanks to @PESFan_Pirate @AshElNegro @DJDaymos @GariClark @bad_boy_g @NicoDiMaria_ @PESFannews @DaMidniteKid @glen_pesworld

Last edited:
Are you going to keep updating yours? I cant do any more here. Need to get some work done!

Ive gathered what i can i believe and i have to finish some work aswell and get up from the comp after. So i guess thats it from me for today.

Im still curious what the guys think what are the weakpoints in there.

Wonder if the AI still plays inch perfect passes for almost the whole game. No way to test this.
This. I'd love to see the AI in action, possibily at higher difficulty levels. They need to pass worse and to build up better and more differently (so they do not always perform the same kind of overpowered shot like it happens in 2016, although it's been addressed at least a little with the latest patch).

Apologies if this has been asked before. Are there still only two long ball types (high and very high (r2))? I love the variety Fifa has.

Ive gathered what i can i believe and i have to finish some work aswell and get up from the comp after. So i guess thats it from me for today.

Im still curious what the guys think what are the weakpoints in there.

I think you are the guy interested in the passing assistance levels, i created a thread but im gonna post that here for you as well:

Ok guys I'll start saying that for the second year in a row, its not possible to throw the ball off the pitch tapping X, it doesn't matter if you are at 1 cm from the line, no matter how much you try, it will not be possible.
That is happening with the level 1 and 2 and has been tested and confirmed during the italian PESDAY playtest.
But what makes me thinking is the attitude of Konami's employees, ill just leave you to some tweets i wrote to asim and some of his answers:

Alexbeckhs

@DaMidniteKid @PESFannews @PESEP2014 @Adam_Bhatti @AsimTanvir to all of you testers, you should have tried to throw the ball off the pitch...

Alexbeckhs

@DaMidniteKid @PESFannews @PESEP2014 @Adam_Bhatti @AsimTanvir the ball will be passed to the nearest team mate. CONFIRMED from italian test.

Alexbeckhs

@DaMidniteKid @PESFannews @PESEP2014 @Adam_Bhatti @AsimTanvir doesn't matter how much you press x or if you are 1 cm from the line...

Asim Tanvir

@Alexbeckhs Please ask the guys who played yesterday before sending such sarcastic messages please. Not cool. Different experiences.

Alexbeckhs

@AsimTanvir asim mate, cmon you are a grown up man, no point to lie, i'm telling you it has been tested on purpose in the italian pesday...

Asim Tanvir

@Alexbeckhs Okay, I'm ending this conversation here as you called me a liar. I'm happy to chat, but will not be accused of this. Bye.

Alexbeckhs

@AsimTanvir too easy to escape reality like that. Have a nice night man. This conversation is going on every pes community.

The question is, why is he trying so hard to defend something that has been tested on purpose? There is no point to lie, but he's doing that and that's so embarassing.

I'll be honest. I have no idea what you mean by throw the ball off the pitch

I'll be honest. I have no idea what you mean by throw the ball off the pitch

Mate, if you use the lv 1 and try to kick the ball with X off the pitch, even if you push the button so hard and you direct the input off the pitch, the player will turn his body to pass the ball to the nearest team mate. It means that since pes 2016 the semi assisted level for passing has gone. You have no freedom, you can't choose any direction, because the ball will be passed ALWAYS to a team mate.

Last edited:
Mate, if you use the lv 1 and try to kick the ball with X off the pitch, even if you push the button so hard and you direct the input off the pitch, the player will turn his body to pass the ball to the nearest team mate. It means that since pes 2016 the semi assisted level for passing has gone. You have no freedom, you can't choose any direction, because the ball will be passed ALWAYS to a team mate.

True story.

Yes that's been the case with level 1 passing in 2016.

But I'll be honest with you, you could've come across differently without sounding so accusing from the off. You could've said something like "Hi guys, PES Italia(?) tested PES 2017 yesterday and noticed level 1 passing still the same as PES 2016, as in no difference in passing levels 1-4. It used to be semi manual in PES 2015 on level 1, any chance that can be fixed?" or something along them lines.

If PES 2017 plays as we've all been wanting since the golden era, nobody will care if you can or can't send the ball off the pitch with a pass. Let's be honest.

If the gameplay is as organic, fluid and realistic as many people (who actually played it) describe it to be, full of new animations, with smoother transitions, and having the GKs and refs fixed... this tiny issue Alexbeckhs is bringing up won't matter at all.

The thing is... tiny things become huge when there are maybe other bigger annoyances to point out as well. Otherwise... we can all look the other way and pretend the tiny bugs aren't there.

The point he's making is the difference in pass levels I think though. We can easily tell him to play on manual, but we can't, because some prefer auto but with freedom, hence level 1 passing. But that was broken in 2016 and all 4 auto pass levels were the same. If it's the case now then we're better off having just one auto pass level and another for manual. If they still want to give us different auto passing levels they should go back to PES 2015 at least.

I would have ended that conversation sooner than Asim Tanvir did...

Lami said it all.
Gerd you said that because like him you just don't care about this things, I spoke with this guy before the Pesday and he said assistances were tweaked, that's a proper lie man, they are the same but with more interceptions made by the opponents. And although it's obvious he's still trying to say it's only an impression.
I prefer to say what I said than keeping my mouth shout like all the youtubers.

Lami said it all.
Gerd you said that because like him you just don't care about this things, I spoke with this guy before the Pesday and he said assistances were tweaked, that's a proper lie man, they are the same but with more interceptions made by the opponents. And although it's obvious he's still trying to say it's only an impression.
I prefer to say what I said than keeping my mouth shout like all the youtubers.

But look, since we still have 3-4 months and they're taking feedback, we are better off letting them know something hasn't been fixed so they take it on board and try fixing it. Better than telling them they're lying and get blocked. We don't win. I might be with you if you got assurances before buying then went and bought it only to find they were bluffing. But since we haven't paid anything and still have time, we can pass on feedback to them hoping they do something.

But look, since we still have 3-4 months and they're taking feedback, we are better off letting them know something hasn't been fixed so they take it on board and try fixing it. Better than telling them they're lying and get blocked. We don't win. I might be with you if you got assurances before buying then went and bought it only to find they were bluffing. But since we haven't paid anything and still have time, we can pass on feedback to them hoping they do something.

I'm trying from 2015 to address this issue, they are always saying it's not true Lami, I just got sick of it.

I'm trying from 2015 to address this issue, they are always saying it's not true Lami, I just got sick of it.

I know how frustrating it can be. We've been asking for things to happen for a decade and more, so you can imagine.

Anyway I've tweeted them about the pass assistance levels, hopefully they respond. If not, at least I know they got it.

Well that pesblog.fr article that most people have said is good specifies that pass completion on 1 bar is a good 10% lower than on pes16, hopefully that means something

Also Lelly said that passing is depends on player quality aswell. But a working assistance level adjustor (??wtf i have hungover sorry) is welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom