PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When something is not broken, do not fix it. This is a proverb that apparently does not turn up for the Konami. The proverb that they follow is if something is broken, breaks something else to mask the first.

The more I play, the more I'm going to hate this game. I have somewhere around 30 hours and I'm sure that if the final version is the same, I'll have 10 times a bit on it ... unless I liked the co-op mode and .. I was spinning some other hour on it but the game was absurd in so many areas.

One of the best sides of PES 2018 was PA1 passing. They were feeling nice and free, but somebody will say OP, but .. who cares, if you know how to defence ... they will be not a problem for you. Well now through passing is scripted almost on 90%.

Someone will say: "But wait this is a good thing because now the pass depends on the player's statistics, how they are more like humans they make errors, right ?" Fuk no, forget about this, here the stats do not matter, the only thing that matter is the position of the defence and how the pass will be "easier for the defence " and what AI wants.
Let's me explain:

In this case, I'm with Iniesta, one of the best and technical players in the game, at least statistically. I see Rakitic, there is plenty of free space in front of him, Pique is far away and slower, so I decided to make high through pass . For me, every pass in the blue zone is good and correct, every player as Iniesta should know that and should be able to do it! I also realize it, I'm playing this thing for 20 years and I understand what is happening and what I have to do or at least try to do with the joystick and the buttons, but AI decides otherwise.

The ball goes into a zone and position where it will be more convenient for the defence to react and deal with the situation. It has nothing to do with the direction and the power that I have to produce in this case, and this happens in 80% in similar situations. Even the percentage may be bigger.

Through pass is AI manipulated, script and as fake as everything around this game during the year. Like the fake scoreboards, fake as were the dynamic time and wheater, the snow and the lights and shadows, like fake 60 and full HD E3 streams! Everything in this game is fake and is controlled by the f*cking AI who decides when, who and how.

Of course, someone will say that " this is a bit extreme and there are matches and a situation in which you control things" ... well, maybe there are, but the way the code is written to give priority to defence, but with bad and cheap/cheat way, especially when it is so automated in my opinion is at a rather absurd level

I do not care about manually passing, I do not want to listen to you about this c**p. If I want play manually I will go to the stadium and kick the ball with friends. Not to mention that 99% of people who play manually are terrible and fails so bad. Few are the ones who really play good manually, but I do not care about that.

I hate the shots too, there is something very much gathered and mess up with them.

The goalkeepers are also at one end at the other, at one point they are like DeGea in the best shape, the next moment is like Karius. I can write a lot about the fake game, but for now, I will wait for the final version and watch how anyone of you will understand how bad and cheap is it.

I agree with most of your write-up.

Scripted(or Lucky) Headers/goals:DD
I managed to draw with this goal. COM defense suddenly turned soft!
But it is clear to see that ball bounced off his head, he got hit by pure chance - not as if that AI was going for a header. 1 in a 1000000 goal imo.

The online matchmaking is doing my head in tonight. Half an hour of searching and I must've had about 100 'unable to connect to opponent' :BRICK:

Anyone else getting this? Not just tonight, but in general. I'm on xbox

I don't understand them devoting all their time and resources into an online mode, yet the matchmaking and connection is by far the worst I've experienced in gaming hands down.

my bet is that matchmaking will be good for first week/first 2 weekends, then it'll be harder til PES lite comes.

the already-small player base is split over so many buying options (e.g. preorder/delayed purchase/free2play/keep playing pes 2018), game modes and game platforms.

the wait times made pes online the biggest waste of my time in gaming ever (and then when you get a game its got script, your players are ballwatching or the game lags out. yeh man - i've learnt the hard way).

When something is not broken, do not fix it. This is a proverb that apparently does not turn up for the Konami. The proverb that they follow is if something is broken, breaks something else to mask the first.

The more I play, the more I'm going to hate this game. I have somewhere around 30 hours and I'm sure that if the final version is the same, I'll have 10 times a bit on it ... unless I liked the co-op mode and .. I was spinning some other hour on it but the game was absurd in so many areas.

One of the best sides of PES 2018 was PA1 passing. They were feeling nice and free, but somebody will say OP, but .. who cares, if you know how to defence ... they will be not a problem for you. Well now through passing is scripted almost on 90%.

Someone will say: "But wait this is a good thing because now the pass depends on the player's statistics, how they are more like humans they make errors, right ?" Fuk no, forget about this, here the stats do not matter, the only thing that matter is the position of the defence and how the pass will be "easier for the defence " and what AI wants.
Let's me explain:

1.jpg

In this case, I'm with Iniesta, one of the best and technical players in the game, at least statistically. I see Rakitic, there is plenty of free space in front of him, Pique is far away and slower, so I decided to make high through pass . For me, every pass in the blue zone is good and correct, every player as Iniesta should know that and should be able to do it! I also realize it, I'm playing this thing for 20 years and I understand what is happening and what I have to do or at least try to do with the joystick and the buttons, but AI decides otherwise.

2.jpg

The ball goes into a zone and position where it will be more convenient for the defence to react and deal with the situation. It has nothing to do with the direction and the power that I have to produce in this case, and this happens in 80% in similar situations. Even the percentage may be bigger.

Through pass is AI manipulated, script and as fake as everything around this game during the year. Like the fake scoreboards, fake as were the dynamic time and wheater, the snow and the lights and shadows, like fake 60 and full HD E3 streams! Everything in this game is fake and is controlled by the f*cking AI who decides when, who and how.

Of course, someone will say that " this is a bit extreme and there are matches and a situation in which you control things" ... well, maybe there are, but the way the code is written to give priority to defence, but with bad and cheap/cheat way, especially when it is so automated in my opinion is at a rather absurd level

I do not care about manually passing, I do not want to listen to you about this c**p. If I want play manually I will go to the stadium and kick the ball with friends. Not to mention that 99% of people who play manually are terrible and fails so bad. Few are the ones who really play good manually, but I do not care about that.

I hate the shots too, there is something very much gathered and mess up with them.

The goalkeepers are also at one end at the other, at one point they are like DeGea in the best shape, the next moment is like Karius. I can write a lot about the fake game, but for now, I will wait for the final version and watch how anyone of you will understand how bad and cheap is it.

dude. i will say it because it is the first answer to your problem. if you want to eliminate script/assist as much as possible then you MUST turn assists off. its not a total soltion, just a step towards what you want.

in your assertion, 99% of manualers are terrible - so what? my loss:win ratio is high. at least i know my game is better than that assisted crap you play.

But it is clear to see that ball bounced off his head, he got hit by pure chance - not as if that AI was going for a header. 1 in a 1000000 goal imo.
I agree.
It's just funny, the timing of these lucky goals.

@PESBUL
It's unfortunate that we're stuck with either manual or assisted passing that doesn't reflect a player's stats and individuality.
Actually, what's more unfortunate is that we're stuck with either FIFA or PES when it comes to football games.:DD

Last edited:
Is that so? They actually patched a Demo?.
No official word about it?
Yeah they did, and... I haven't seen an official statement by Konami about it.
Again I can't exactly put my finger on what has changed but I feel it's a little better now.
Looking forward to the full game, honestly.

Last edited:
I think the last Pes that had stat based passing was maybe Pes 11.

If it was, it's not a coincidence that it was the last universal passing system too.

It's been a while but I'm sure PES 11 had different pass assistance levels? PES 10 was the last one with universal settings.

But yeah, remember having Huddlestone at DM who couldn't move but could a ping perfect 40 yard ball. Also players with the 'Playmaker' trait were much better at splitting defences.

I think it was a mistake to remove the 'Passing Speed' attribute as well. Might not be realistic, but it worked well at making good passers more effective as their final ball had enough zip to make interceptions trickier.

Yeah they did, and... I haven't seen an official statement by Konami about it.
Again I can't exactly put my finger on what has changed but I feel it's a little better now.
Looking forward to the full game, honestly.

Was this updated on PSN?

It's been a while but I'm sure PES 11 had different pass assistance levels? PES 10 was the last one with universal settings.

But yeah, remember having Huddlestone at DM who couldn't move but could a ping perfect 40 yard ball. Also players with the 'Playmaker' trait were much better at splitting defences.

I think it was a mistake to remove the 'Passing Speed' attribute as well. Might not be realistic, but it worked well at making good passers more effective as their final ball had enough zip to make interceptions trickier.

PES12 was the first game with multiple assistance levels

I'm noticing fatigue in the game , it was hard to notice as I think all players were getting tired but since yesterday I decided to use subs and when they come on they can have a big impact on going past players
How can you not notice players at 38 mins into the first half not making runs because they are so knackered.

Then again round about 65-70mins into the 2nd half.

How can you not notice players at 38 mins into the first half not making runs because they are so knackered.

Then again round about 65-70mins into the 2nd half.

Off the ball players, there's a difference.

On the ball players, not much difference. Can run as much as u want to, if u have him selected.

Why is the demo feel almost like +2 speed in all the games I've played today? Barely have time to take a touch

I had this the other night, I was so confused. I even put it upto to +2 for a half so that I could feel the difference when I went back to -2. It was bizarre.

Just played some bloke who was ping-ponging and sprint-spamming so I started knocking about between my defenders and midfielders waiting for gaps and scored. He managed to equalise and then afterwards messaged me abusing me. :LOL:

I questioned why he was so upset about not winning and he then sent me screenshots showing he was in Division 1 on 2018.

Imagine being so upset over a demo; is that the sort of crowd online attracts? Glad I don't fucking play it much and prefer offline. Whiny fucking crybabies.

EDIT: He was called SKARIOTE if anyone has heard of him; I'm not au fait with these online players and/or whether they're Youtube celebrities or whatnot.

I had this the other night, I was so confused. I even put it upto to +2 for a half so that I could feel the difference when I went back to -2. It was bizarre.
i tried -1 last night again... and its not for me. certain moves felt super sluggish. last year i setteled with -1, but this year i'm good with regular/0! +1 was too fast for my liking.

Hmm I play online, I just noticed the pressure is arriving at ultra speed. I haven't yet tried offline

Just played some bloke who was ping-ponging and sprint-spamming so I started knocking about between my defenders and midfielders waiting for gaps and scored. He managed to equalise and then afterwards messaged me abusing me. :LOL:

I questioned why he was so upset about not winning and he then sent me screenshots showing he was in Division 1 on 2018.

Imagine being so upset over a demo; is that the sort of crowd online attracts? Glad I don't fucking play it much and prefer offline. Whiny fucking crybabies.

EDIT: He was called SKARIOTE if anyone has heard of him; I'm not au fait with these online players and/or whether they're Youtube celebrities or whatnot.

PES 2019 year 1 online = PES 2018 year 2 detox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom