PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Is it just me? Or someone got tips how to be more effective?
Try near post corner tactics and then run towards the ball using super cancel.
Im scoring quite a few this way (advanced shooting for me, aiming at one of low corners depending on keepers position)

Commentary has always been one of PES's low points.
I just want to experience PES with better commentaries and crowd reactions so I mixed some of my goals with real match audio.
where did you grab that commentary from!? i've been asking this here for ages! :D
wanted to do the same with some of my videos!!

where did you grab that commentary from!? i've been asking this here for ages! :D
wanted to do the same with some of my videos!!
I just got(stole:COP:) it from some random goal videos on youtube.:D
It adds more excitement to the video ...but it's difficult to find a commentary that matches the "build up" so my video mostly just includes the final passes and the goals.

Last edited:
To one guy asking for a focus on master league for Pes 2020 Adam Bahtti answered that Pes 2019 was the first of a three year cycle.

But wasn't it Pes 2018? I distinctly remember he talked about a three year cycle since Pes 2018...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-15-pes-2018-review

When I played PES 2018 earlier this year, the series' global product and brand manager Adam Bhatti told me it was the first game of a three-year cycle

Moving goalposts every year i see.

I just got(stole:COP:) it from some random goal videos on youtube.:D
It adds more excitement to the video ...but it's difficult to find a commentary that matches the "build up" so my video mostly just includes the final passes and the goals.
Yeah, I thought of extracting audio from YT clips too. Alright then, I’ll do it that way. And yes I know, hard to find commentary matching the scene. Same times it’s hard to copy the commentary with on pitch actions! :)
We must be crazy doing things like this. Or just have an overly huge passion! :D

Commentary has always been one of PES's low points.
I just want to experience PES with better commentaries and crowd reactions so I mixed some of my goals with real match audio.

I think you're the best PES 2019 player I've seen. And you score some great goals.
That David Luiz free-kick, kinda got lucky I guess, but still... looked very realistic.

I think you're the best PES 2019 player I've seen. And you score some great goals.
That David Luiz free-kick, kinda got lucky I guess, but still... looked very realistic.
Thanks but highlights/compilations can be deceiving.:)
That David Luis FK goal is the only goal in the video that is not mine. It's from an online opponent but I saved it because it's nice and realistic. That goal broke my heart.. whole game trying to draw, then it's down 2 goals after that.:((

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought of extracting audio from YT clips too. Alright then, I’ll do it that way. And yes I know, hard to find commentary matching the scene. Same times it’s hard to copy the commentary with on pitch actions! :)
We must be crazy doing things like this. Or just have an overly huge passion! :D
I used Google chrome's Audio Capture extension.. That way you don't need to download the YT video but just record the audio portion you liked.

Yup, People have different ways to enjoy this game, some play for fun, some play to compete, some edit/beautify the game, and some like doing videos.:D

Last edited:
Current legend spins in MyClub have been insane. Rolled the dice twice and got 88 OVR Nedved and 84 OVR Djorkaeff (who is actually to slow to really be useful, but still...). Pretty happy to have some legends in my team.

Hard to find a decent match in MyClub anyhow, but at least I got some cooler players now.

The sad thing is that in this year's MyClub even just 4 months after the game is out the 2 players you mentioned would be too bad to put in almost every Myclub team out there . Because almost everyone already has a team full of 90 Overall players. :TD:

To one guy asking for a focus on master league for Pes 2020 Adam Bahtti answered that Pes 2019 was the first of a three year cycle.

But wasn't it Pes 2018? I distinctly remember he talked about a three year cycle since Pes 2018...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-15-pes-2018-review

Moving goalposts every year i see.

The kind of "cycle" he's talking about is this:
213bd1e1-79e3-46cd-9337-146804874935_1.6226a1a8fab90d080554e8be992b36e2.jpeg
(Woman not included in the final product)

The cycle goes on and on and on and on, but in the end, it all stays in the same exact place where it started.

Happy new year 3-Year Cycle Evo-Web!

The cycle goes on and on and on and on, but in the end, it all stays in the same exact place where it started.

Just liked it because I had to smile a lot while reading! :APPLAUD:
But it’s not too far off... ;)

The sad thing is that in this year's MyClub even just 4 months after the game is out the 2 players you mentioned would be too bad to put in almost every Myclub team out there . Because almost everyone already has a team full of 90 Overall players. :TD:
How do you do that?! I am still handicapend by the limit off costs. I have two teams, One with the manager at 260 and one at 300. I wish I could put on some more awesome players, because I have a lot! Even a Manager with above 500 wouldn’t allow me to put all the good players on the pitch. What am I doing wrong?!

I am not playing online matches in my club, but I am collecting players and putting together teams (grabbing all the freebies they give away). Any hints on how to go on with my “collectables” are welcome big time!!
Speaking of freebies: Is it just me or do they give out random coins and players like crazy? Every time I logon I see a new campaign or new special thing...
Sometimes I think they give all that stuff (and it’s plenty) away to calm down online users. I don’t know... it’s kinda weird.

Have a nice weekend all of you!

How do you do that?! I am still handicapend by the limit off costs. I have two teams, One with the manager at 260 and one at 300. I wish I could put on some more awesome players, because I have a lot! Even a Manager with about 501 allow me to put all the good players on the pitch. What am I doing wrong?!

I am not playing online in my club, but I am collecting players and putting together teams. Any hints on how to go on with my “collectables” are welcome big time!!

You can get your manager to a higher level. I also have the same manager since the beginning. He had about manager level 300 now he has 520. I also never knew that you can do that in previous Pes titles.. :LMAO:

After witnessing Arsenal's trouncing at the hand of Liverpool, it gives me courage to re-start my ML mode in Legend difficulty. Perhaps getting well beaten 0-5 or 0-6 is not that unrealistic after all.

Ha Ha. Pes team have announced more cycles than Halfords over last few years.

How do you do that?! I am still handicapend by the limit off costs. I have two teams, One with the manager at 260 and one at 300. I wish I could put on some more awesome players, because I have a lot! Even a Manager with above 500 wouldn’t allow me to put all the good players on the pitch. What am I doing wrong?!

I am not playing online matches in my club, but I am collecting players and putting together teams (grabbing all the freebies they give away). Any hints on how to go on with my “collectables” are welcome big time!!
Speaking of freebies: Is it just me or do they give out random coins and players like crazy? Every time I logon I see a new campaign or new special thing...
Sometimes I think they give all that stuff (and it’s plenty) away to calm down online users. I don’t know... it’s kinda weird.

There are items named “management skill boost” that let you extend the manager cost capacity.

After witnessing Arsenal's trouncing at the hand of Liverpool, it gives me courage to re-start my ML mode in Legend difficulty. Perhaps getting well beaten 0-5 or 0-6 is not that unrealistic after all.

Problem with ML is you'll easily beat the teams at the top of the league but will lose 5-0 to the team at the bottom, who, for no plausible reason, will play like Barca 2011 on steroids.

Well, I wouldn't exactly go that far, but you're pretty close. I only bought the game a month or so ago and already have a really good team. Featured players of the week and featured club player for a 100 MyClub points essentially ruined the balancing of the game.
I have an 86 McKennie, 84 David Neres, 2x 89 Son, 91 Zyech, 87 Duvan Zapata and 84 Daley Blind. Except for Blind those players are just way overrated and can be easily optained. There is not really a feeling of progression to the game due to this. just spent 100 coins and you will definitely get a killer player. Why should I use a mid/high 80's legend when I have a 91 Zyech(as ridiculous as that rating is)?

They should have found a better system: Hide Featured Players in "regular packs", make them accessible through special challenges...whatever. At the moment it's too easy to get to those top players

After the 5-1 trashing, I sought solice from playing PES 19 as Arsenal.
Needless to say I faired a little better compared to my counterparts.....only lost 4-1.....take that Emery

So you haven't seen it?
Sorry if I spoiled it for you mate,but since it was played 22 hrs ago I thought I'd be safe:)
Its never safe. I usually record Match of the day and watch it when im off. Throwing tools at co-workers when i hear them talking about results...
Fortunately Ive seen all the highlights on the break last night, haha!

Not to make it complete off topic - Pesuniverse launched a feedback survey on Pes19. Something tells me they have good relations with Konami higher uppers and they can influent changes.
Its logical I suppose, when you look at it from Konami perspective. Without OF Pes wouldnt sell half of what they're selling.
And Pesuni is well known "brand" now.

For the moment, as they do, its up for paid members.
I did it last night. Focused on
- scripting
- TS
- player ID (when controlled by AI)
- AI lack of creativity
- AI lack of low shots and (still) shots from distance
- AI lack of dribbling
- no penalties
- r2 manual shots being broken
- ML being shallow and boring
- lack of D2's
(Actually one question was if I could add one change to ML what would that be. I said D2 in each and every league, even if they were fake ones and we had to edit them)

...And some other things that I cant remember as Im a bit zombiefied working nights this weekend. Hopefully (if anyone) they will be listened to.

But... lets cheer up! Its only first year of a 3 year cycle for ML! :LOL:

Well, I wouldn't exactly go that far, but you're pretty close. I only bought the game a month or so ago and already have a really good team. Featured players of the week and featured club player for a 100 MyClub points essentially ruined the balancing of the game.
I have an 86 McKennie, 84 David Neres, 2x 89 Son, 91 Zyech, 87 Duvan Zapata and 84 Daley Blind. Except for Blind those players are just way overrated and can be easily optained. There is not really a feeling of progression to the game due to this. just spent 100 coins and you will definitely get a killer player. Why should I use a mid/high 80's legend when I have a 91 Zyech(as ridiculous as that rating is)?

They should have found a better system: Hide Featured Players in "regular packs", make them accessible through special challenges...whatever. At the moment it's too easy to get to those top players

Yeah Konami is just really bad at this. But hey at least they make great players accessible for everyone.. not like in Fifa where you have to spend (and this is no exaggeration) about 600 Euros just to get Ronaldo. :LMAO:
Konami already ruined it in the first week where they put out the featured players and there was this dude Ziyech (you also mentioned) who had a 97 rating and is therefore the best player in the whole game now.
They seemed to learn from that mistake as the ratings went a bit down for the featured players the following weeks but they are still way too high and like you said they are way too easy to get.
Konami should try to get a balance between a good challenge and not being unfair and money grubbing like EA.
Master League Online 2011 was perfect in that regard but that was before all of the real money shit.

By the way.. is this dude Asim not working for Pes anymore? :CONF: He doesn't post anything about it on twitter and seems to be really depressed the last weeks. Feel sad for him but always thought that this the completely wrong job for him. He seems to be way too sensitive and coulnd't handle criticism about the game well at all. But isn't that a huge part of the job?! He took it way too personal and although there are some pretty messed up guys out there on twitter I always thought he should just take it way easier.

Last edited:
Its never safe. I usually record Match of the day and watch it when im off. Throwing tools at co-workers when i hear them talking about results...
Fortunately Ive seen all the highlights on the break last night, haha!

Not to make it complete off topic - Pesuniverse launched a feedback survey on Pes19. Something tells me they have good relations with Konami higher uppers and they can influent changes.
Its logical I suppose, when you look at it from Konami perspective. Without OF Pes wouldnt sell half of what they're selling.
And Pesuni is well known "brand" now.

For the moment, as they do, its up for paid members.
I did it last night. Focused on
- scripting
- TS
- player ID (when controlled by AI)
- AI lack of creativity
- AI lack of low shots and (still) shots from distance
- AI lack of dribbling
- no penalties
- r2 manual shots being broken
- ML being shallow and boring
- lack of D2's
(Actually one question was if I could add one change to ML what would that be. I said D2 in each and every league, even if they were fake ones and we had to edit them)

...And some other things that I cant remember as Im a bit zombiefied working nights this weekend. Hopefully (if anyone) they will be listened to.

But... lets cheer up! Its only first year of a 3 year cycle for ML! :LOL:
Good that you took that survey,feedback on what's wrong right now is very much needed.
I'd like to have my Pes playable and enjoyable,they (Konami) did a good job on fixing 18 in the end.

I saw MOTD last night,I usually watch it live but sometimes I watch it a week later knowing the score.
Couldn't resist screwing with spurs,must have been the collapse of the century

Back
Top Bottom