PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

£
DytxyrsXcAADZra.jpg

Look at these faces.

Its like konami offered them a complimentary copy of PES to play pre-photoshoot and Schwaab declined.

There was such a hype from Konami bots on twitter that for a second i thought they really have some awesome surprise. They were all like "soon, soon everyone will be happy" with emojis of eyes everywhere.
I was thinking for a second that they are bringing D2's back to ML...
And there's the big surprise today - 3 new legends... :LOL:
Legendary joke...

There was such a hype from Konami bots on twitter that for a second i thought they really have some awesome surprise. They were all like "soon, soon everyone will be happy" with emojis of eyes everywhere.
I was thinking for a second that they are bringing D2's back to ML...
And there's the big surprise today - 3 new legends... :LOL:
Legendary joke...
As someone else said earlier though, it does make people happy - 90% of the comments on their social media posts are either A) "fix the mobile version", B) "add Arabic commentary to the mobile version", or C) "omg theez facessssss".

As time goes on I realise it's not just "hey guys, EA/Konami don't care about us" - it's that we're truly the odd mob in the corner now that represents about 5% of their sales. Everyone else loves playing online, buying packs of cards, watching the opening animations etc... Even playing on mobile.

Meanwhile sales decline and FIFAs sales increase (and rightly so). Thing is Fifa was crap on release but, regardless of if you like it, they have slowly improved it. Not only that they have had twitter guys on daily explaining the changes and the direction they are going. That's a big thing for me. Not played pes since November now

it's that we're truly the odd mob in the corner now that represents about 5% of their sales. Everyone else loves playing onlin
Yeah, but... but... but... but 5% is part of 100% of "everyone"... i wanna be part of everyone!! :LOL:

Not played pes since November now
Id be similar. Cant play EA till they sort fouls, not in a rush to play PES (even tho I was enjoying it to a point)
Im all Red Dead since Xmas, hoping that by the time I go back to Pes, offline will get some polish and I'll see some more variety from AI. Even shot variety would do at this stage. Top corner finishes are getting a little bit boring now...

If you follow enough PES-related accounts on Twitter, you'll see that many of them dedicate too much time to compare PES faces to FIFA faces. It's no wonder Konami/PES decide to show so many previews.

If all these accounts dedicated as much time to post videos and screenshots of the real issues (like the huge gap in the midfield, like how the AI always does the same type of play over and over, like the stats at the end of the match showing there are 0 penalties, etc) maybe we would have a better game.
But as long as the community is ruled by face lovers and FIFA vs PES graphics comparison, we're stuck with whatever Konami/PES decide it's "what the people want".

Yeah, but... but... but... but 5% is part of 100% of "everyone"... i wanna be part of everyone!! :LOL:

Id be similar. Cant play EA till they sort fouls, not in a rush to play PES (even tho I was enjoying it to a point)
Im all Red Dead since Xmas, hoping that by the time I go back to Pes, offline will get some polish and I'll see some more variety from AI. Even shot variety would do at this stage. Top corner finishes are getting a little bit boring now...
I was almost in shock yesterday after a few games,freekicks all over the place.
An AI that takes smart/necessary decisions,like hacking me down after I had a break away after the Cpu had a corner,they took a necessary yellow card.
Think I had more yellow cards/freekicks from the cpu in 4 games than 4 seasons of FIFA.
I think both games are weak in different areas,but this still look/act the part

Last edited:
Why don’t Lolnami just do away with actual footy gameplay for PES 2020?

They could just have a card game where you open packs of faces and trade them with other players. There could be 3 versions of each face i.e. 19 year old Messi, 25 year old Messi and 30 year old Messi.

I mean, it’s all that everyone cares about. Faces. And dodgy tattoos.

Depressing is what it is.

They could just have a card game where you open packs of faces and trade them with other players. There could be 3 versions of each face i.e. 19 year old Messi, 25 year old Messi and 30 year old Messi.

I read a review of a football game today (admittedly not a PES-style game) that genuinely said "sometimes matches feel like they get in the way", so I wouldn't joke...

If you follow enough PES-related accounts on Twitter, you'll see that many of them dedicate too much time to compare PES faces to FIFA faces. It's no wonder Konami/PES decide to show so many previews.

If all these accounts dedicated as much time to post videos and screenshots of the real issues (like the huge gap in the midfield, like how the AI always does the same type of play over and over, like the stats at the end of the match showing there are 0 penalties, etc) maybe we would have a better game.
But as long as the community is ruled by face lovers and FIFA vs PES graphics comparison, we're stuck with whatever Konami/PES decide it's "what the people want".

It's interesting to me how much time people spend focusing on visuals and graphics. I understand the sense of immersion and how graphics play into that but I've always believed the most important factor for immersion is how the game plays.

I mean the cameras most people will use won't show the crowd or much of the stadium anyway.

And even I, using the player cam and playing BAL exclusively, rarely pay attention to the ground I'm playing in. I'm focused on the football.

I'll never understand stand the incessant need for PES vs FIFA and PES this year vs PES last year graphics comparison videos.

see, i have that mode in my PES2019 already! its called MyClub. i go there every other day and collect some coins, get free agents, arrange my team.... i do not play that mode (on the pitch), but i do collect all kind of stuff! ;) :D
dont know for sure why i'm doing this, but i became a (bad) habbit.
got a reward for getting +100 players for my teams via special agents! :D its crazy!
i see it as a collecting cards game! like that upper deck basketball cards i collected when i was a teen!
so much potential... going down the drain... sad!!

Aunt that a little strong?! Might be my English though.
I'm thinking about how these companies sell the game.
The online shallow card game,or pack openings if you will.
It's the world we live in,a spectacle

The gameplay itself (offline) on pes 19 is not what I meant,I'm fine with that.
It's how the game is portrayed,look at Pes Twitter feed
That was my target

Anyone know when the patch hits?? Looking back at the Dp 1.06 out on thurs 6th Dec...i was downloading in Australia at about 1pm on the day.....if ita the same this time round it means its due out in about 3hours from this post. Yeah i still get excited

.. its up :) the new DLC.. downloading as I type.. so yeah same time as last dlc, 1pm eastern state time Australia :)
Just under 1 gig... which is interesting.. since the last one with 2 extra stadiums was about 3 or so gig.. from memory..
Keen to give this new dlc a go.. will be trying the new stadia asap.. interested to see if any gameplay improvements.. mindful of placebo ofcourse :)

Hey guys,
played a hand full of games, superstar, 20mins, default speed, PA0 (manual) and Basic Shoot.
Haven't noticed much difference. No low placement shots by cpu… that's what I was hoping for. And for manual r2 finesse shot to be fixed - nope... still the same.

I did get a Penalty in my first game though.. haven't seen those in a while.. rare pre patch..but ive only got one in 5 or so games post patch so its prob coincidence. I do feel the speed feels a tad slower.. speed looks and feels good. Um.. I did see the keeper make some great saves on a few of my free kicks, but I do think they are still over powered. But its the first time ive seen a couple that look like they are destined to go in, being saved. Again need to play it more, but I have to say no obvious differences except for the game feels a tad slower.

I will say the new stadiums look amazing.. good stuff again by konami. Both day and nighttime turf/lighting look amazing. Oh.. I did notice a couple of sound bugs in the new stadiums (only used the new ones), where the sound of cheering after a goal didn't happen.. and things like sounds of ball hitting net wasn't made.. definitely a bug... wonder if anyone notices this.

The update was just under 1gb for me. Played a couple of matches and, speaking as someone who has been deeply unimpressed with the AI in 19, I quite enjoyed both matches.

I was playing with 1.5 star teams and the matches played out differently to what had become the usual tedious, predictable pattern of 19. The cpu didn't do it's usual thing of suddenly playing like a 5 star team and cheat itself a PES19 trademark carbon copy goal that all cpu teams throw in usually at least once per match. It might just have been a lucky couple of matches but there's enough encouragement there for me to look forward to trying it out more fully tonight.

The konami servers seem to be down so I haven't yet seen the patch notes to suggest what, if any, gameplay tweaks have been made.

Got to be careful of placebo but I've just had a quick 10 mins against Everton on pro level.. They seemed far more considered, playing intelligent passes sideways and backwards. Also saw a shot from outside the area. Early days but it felt nice

Does the live update take care of transfers?
Or is the January window in DLC 4.00?
They both do ,in a simple & complicated way (KONAMI) sat the same time.I can explain further if you like to dive into ocean of KONAMI. Apply both of them and you are up to date until 90% of the winter transfer window,I hope at least.
The live update should do the most job normally,but it works again in a KONAMi logic ,it updates some transfers from 1st January and after that until end of January they include some random transfers here and there,maybe based on popularity of the player of whatever.So you end up seeing players who transfereed in first week and last week of January,in correct teams and players who transferd in mid January are still in their old teams.And all these for the European club whose updates function normally,I do not insert on the equitation the awkward Brazilian and AFC ,CSL licenses.

With one word dude,and if you are still reading without having your mind explode, this is KONAMI!

Got to be careful of placebo but I've just had a quick 10 mins against Everton on pro level.. They seemed far more considered, playing intelligent passes sideways and backwards. Also saw a shot from outside the area. Early days but it felt nice
the million dollar question did the AI dribble with the ball, thats what im waiting for before i commit to this game again

New legends :

Park Ji-sung
Emmanuel Petit
Francesco Totti
Daniele Massaro
Robert Pires
Dida
Fredrik Ljungberg
Sol Campbell
Franco Baresi
Gilberto Silva
Christian Abbiati