PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely laughed out loud reading this article, and mainly because i share similar experience. Its a comedy gold. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, the author has wrote some fantastic articles & retrospectives on the classic games on the website with his familiar sense of humour so be sure to check them out.

It seems i am the most PESimist here, or i have the darkest soul, :P :P cause i believe the only reason they have not announced anything is:
1) They don't plan anything fascinating and innovating for this year
&
2) They wait the myClub LiveUpdates and Featured players to finish for this year, because they do not want to distract players from buying coins.

Last edited:
I seems i am the most PESimist here, or i have the darkest soul, :P :P cause i believe the only reasons they have not announced anything is:
1) They don't plan anything fascinating and innovating for this year
&
2) They wait the myClub LiveUpdates and Featured players to finish for this year, because they do not want to distract players from buying coins.

Its calling REALIST, not PESSIMIST :D I'm kinda on the same page. The lack of information and the silence only feeds such fears that Konami has nothing new to boast of.

In Pes 16 there was an issue where nearly every AI goal was a low corner thundershot.
Now there is an issue that nearly every AI goal is a top corner thundershot.
What's next?Nearly every AI goal being a middle height thundershot?
Why the fuck can't they add some variety in there?Why it has to be one or the other?

As much as i think that this engine is limited and we already pretty much have hit it's limits and won't see serious improvement until a trully next gen new engine arrives,i don't think that it must be so much difficult and impossible to add some variety in shooting outcomes or give the ability to AI players dribble a bit more or use some tricks every now and then.

So what is it then?Are they really so lazy that they don't bother to implement some variety?
Maybe the dev team is just not skilled enough and they need to hire new devs?
Or maybe this grandma engine is really so limited technically that you simply can't get it to play smart and have variety?Or maybe all this shit is done on purpose so people will lose interest in offline and move to online?
Hey it worked for me,and i guess for thousands of others also.But it won't work on the long run.
I don't want to believe it,but if they're really sabotaging their own game by constantly removing stuff that were already in in the past and in general making the offline more dull every year just to potentially win some new online players who may buy some coins,it won't end well for them and they're gonna deserve it.This year will be a critical one.
Let's see what they're gonna bring in terms of offline and if the same shit still continues.

From the moment they became partners with Barca some years ago and they started to implement this fucking tiki taka philosophy and mentality in their trailers with perfect one touch backheels and shit,the gameplay also become based on this mentality for 'fun' errorless play where every team can play like Barca.
Maybe they'll have to become partners with Stoke or Burnley or something if we want to see a well balanced gameplay with more realistic error in every aspect,without stupid one touch tki taka backheels that makes every low or medium team look like Barca and City combined lol.

MyClub offers nothing of interest to me, never has and never will. I have no intention of ever playing online with any game. Too many moaners and cheaters who cannot take it when they are shown to be bad players. I haven't got time for that kind of atmosphere with my games.

LiveUpdate again another feature that I have never allowed since it was ever introduced. I don't want any function messing with my edit file.

Be a Legend, again never played in any PES game because I play local co-op. If the Be a Legend was like EA's Euro 2008 where 4 players could pick one player and all play individually, then I would try that mode. But being restrictive to 1 player, I will never use the option.

League/Cup modes again I never use, without the ability to transfer players in that mode its pointless. This has been my mentality with all football games since the 80's, if a football game doesn't offer the option to transfer players in a season then whats the point. SWOS and Manchester United The Double offer the best in this scenario. MUTD even offers the ability for 4 players each to have their own team, play across seasons and make their own transfers. This is essentially master league but for 4 players. I'm amazed no other game has offered that.

Master League is the only mode that brings me to PES. If Konami ever take that mode out then I won't be playing their game anymore. For Pes2020 I would love if they could really take that mode to the next level, I really could make a massive list of requested changes but essentially this mode should be the focus for the game.

In Pes 16 there was an issue where nearly every AI goal was a low corner thundershot.
Why the fuck can't they add some variety in there?Why it has to be one or the other?

As much as i think that this engine is limited and we already pretty much have hit it's limits and won't see serious improvement until a trully next gen new engine arrives,i don't think that it must be so much difficult and impossible to add some variety in shooting outcomes or give the ability to AI players dribble a bit more or use some tricks every now and then.

So what is it then?Are they really so lazy that they don't bother to implement some variety?
Or maybe this grandma engine is really so limited technically that you simply can't get it to play smart and have variety?Or maybe all this shit is done on purpose so people will lose interest in offline and move to online?
Hey it worked for me,and i guess for thousands of others also.But it won't work on the long run.
I don't want to believe it,but if they're really sabotaging their own game by constantly removing stuff that were already in in the past and in general making the offline more dull every year just to potentially win some new online players who may buy some coins,it won't end well for them and they're gonna deserve it.This year will be a critical one.
Let's see what they're gonna bring in terms of offline and if the same shit still continues.

From the moment they became partners with Barca some years ago and they started to implement this fucking tiki taka philosophy and mentality in their trailers with perfect one touch backheels and shit,the gameplay also become based on this mentality for 'fun' errorless play where every team can play like Barca.
Maybe they'll have to become partners with Stoke or Burnley or something if we want to see a well balanced gameplay with more realistic error in every aspect,without stupid one touch tki taka backheels that makes every low or medium team look like Barca and City combined lol.
They should definitely have to become partners with Huddersfield, cause it is the most mentioned team, when someone wants to give an example of a how low team is playing OP and denying its stats. :D :P

@predator002 or at least if they could take it to a previous level (PRE-2013). In the 2009-2013 era , they really rocked and rolled in ML mode, with the features they had. Adding them to the todays features, the most valuable ones, they could make something deeper than the post 2014 ML.

Last edited:
They should definitely have to become partners with Huddersfield, cause it is the most mentioned team, when someone was to give an example of a how low team is playing OP and denying its stats. :D :P

@predator002 or at least if they could take it to a previous level (PRE-2013). In the 2009-2013 era , they really rocked and rolled in ML mode, with the features they had. Adding them to the todays features, the most valuable ones, they could make something deeper than the post 2014 ML.
Definetly! even something as basic as tracking stats for a player across seasons. This used to be in the game and got took out. I used to like seeing players goal scoring stats each season.

Definetly! even something as basic as tracking stats for a player across seasons. This used to be in the game and got took out. I used to like seeing players goal scoring stats each season.
To be honest, i would like every player to have a hyper-link , like FM, where it leads to a profile page , tracking all his ML past. Transfer history, appears, goals, assists, rating, caps, salary/transfer values etc. :CRY: Not as deep as FM, don't want to know where he went college, or his hometown, just the main footie stats.
But since i know this demand is too exaggerated and someone may call it too "managerial" for an "action Foot-SIM", and that our wishes should stay landed on ground,after all these years, just the basic damn ol-tracking stats would be very useful.

To be honest, i would like every player to have a hyper-link , like FM, where it leads to a profile page , tracking all his ML past. Transfer history, appears, goals, assists, rating, caps, salary/transfer values etc. :CRY: Not as deep as FM, don't want to know where he went college, or his hometown, just the main footie stats.
But since i know this demand is too exaggerated and someone may call it too "managerial" for an "action Foot-SIM", and that our wishes should stay landed on ground,after all these years, just the basic damn ol-tracking stats would be very useful.
I dont think its too managerial to want that information mate. Those stats are useful to determine if a potential player will fit well into your team. If your looking for a winger, you want to know his assist stats past and present. If you want a striker you want to know his scoring stats. You cant find that information in current Master League, but could in older games.

few points :

1. interesting to see so much conversation about an expectant product that has not yet been announced/promoted by konami.

2. my bet is konami will at least wait for CL final result to complete before announcing. the result will either strengthen their future direction (w L'pool) or make them go for plan B which may involve Spurs

3. tried to give 2019 a lot of chances. playing 30mins matches is the best I can get this game - it satisfies that "football game" itch but definitely nothing worth boasting about.

4. compared to past pes', pes 19 is the least I've played. everything - like myclub - seems to be concentrating on subscription based content (in myclub, your subscription is paid with your time). it kind of devalues gaming for me. its not special anymore. just meh.

5. this year's Eurovision song contest quality was pretty good.

Great idea to have those kinds of stats. I actually would love Football Manager to team up with PES in the future though. Would be the sort of game that I would play for hours on end and get addicted to.

Imagine Spurs winning the CL, that would be a problem for Konami...they already have a deal with Liverpool (and Arsenal) but not with Spurs.

Not particularly since the UCL license is no longer with PES. On the contrary, the worst thing that could have ever happened to PES, has already happened: 4 teams from the English Premier League are the bossing the UCL and UEL finals.
Of course, Arsenal and Liverpool *MIGHT* still be licensed teams in PES 2020, but they are EPL teams. The most important league in the world right now, and PES doesn't even have half of it.

And by the way, I dedicate this to you @Stan although I thought you were dead already:

The engine can't be the one to blame, but the philosophy behind it. I mentioned it before, but the other game's 12 and 16 version are the best examples of what can be achieved with the right philosophy, no matter how old the engine. PES 2014 is perhaps the best not-quite finished/polished football game Konami has ever released, to me it was a great foundation for future games, but we all know how that story turned out by listening to the "community" (the complainers at youtube, twitter and WENB). 5 Years later, this is the result.

I honestly don't think they will change their philosophy since it's a cultural aspect; call it their vision of what the sport of football should play like (it is inherent to the Japanese to pursue purity, aesthetics, design, minimalism). And there is nothing wrong with having such a vision about the sport, like the neuroticism and perfectionism of the dutch vision, but the problem is that football, and any sport for that matter, is made up of many different visions that co-exist and contribute to the complexity of the sport. I think that's the main problem the franchise has been facing the last 6 or 7 years...They could get away with that in older generations (PS1, PS2), but in current gen the once snowball has become an avalanche.

La Liga extended their exclusive contract with Fifa until Fifa 2024.

Nice start for Pes 2020 news :))
Yea great news <3 go Konami lets lose more leagues like ligue 1, who cares about it, sign more leagues like indian league and others craps leagues <3

If the give us a proper editor on consoles and pc that let's us edit and share teams then it wouldn't matter

KONAMI should look for smaller leagues like Pakistan 1&2 devision or Vietnam 1&2 devision. Give more small stadia and ML players will be so happy.
Nobody want shitty leagues

Your post has that dry humor and flow that made me chuckle reading it. ''Maybe they'll have to become partners with Stoke and Burnley'' maybe that way,we wiil see more dirty plays, Brexit tackles and tactical fouls by AI too.

Last edited:
KONAMI should look for smaller leagues like Pakistan 1&2 devision or Vietnam 1&2 devision. Give more small stadia and ML players will be so happy.
Can't wait to start a Pakistan Division 2 ML.

edited by admin: Racial stereotype bit removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100% with the "small venues and unknown players" thing.
And I know you were being sarcastic about Pakistan and Vietnam as they would hardly be of any interest to us Europeans, but I agree that there are indeed leagues that are neglected by both games now (Greek league, anyone? Serbian, Croatian ones? the Czech one, which used to be in FIFA back in the day? And I haven't considered South America yet) and that would provide loads of interesting (yet not very well known, and this is the catch) players to ML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom