PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll write this here because it belongs to Pes future.

The anti lootboxes and pay to win bill proposed by the republican deputy is now supported by democrats too, so it seems like the bill won't have too much trouble to be approved.

Imagine if the bill is approved and paytowin games and lootboxes games are banned in USA. That will be huge for EA, but it will be huge for Pes too. After USA many more countries will follow, not even counting USA is one of the biggest market for games and it will already have a big impact on EA's earnings (not so much on Konami's).

One thing is a tiny country like Belgium banning lootboxes, another one is such a huge country as USA banning both lootboxes and paytowin games.

Software houses would be forced to actually improve their games instead of using virtual slot machines as their cash cows. No more Myclub, or no more Myclub as it is right now, back to Online Master League that was the greatest idea Konami had before they trashed it starting with Pes 2015.

All these leagues can be in PES coz they are under fifpro so konami can use that without have official license
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bolivia
  • Botswana
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria
  • Cameroon
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Côte d'Ivoire
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • DR Congo
  • Ecuador
  • Egypt
  • England
  • Finland
  • FYR Macedonia
  • France
  • Gabon
  • Ghana
  • Greece
  • Guatemala
  • Hungary
  • Indonesia
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Malaysia
  • Malta
  • Montenegro
  • Morocco
  • Namibia
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Nigeria
  • Norway
  • Palestine
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Scotland
  • Serbia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Ukraine
  • United States
  • Uruguay
  • Venezuela
  • Zimbabwe

The anti lootboxes and pay to win bill proposed by the republican deputy is now supported by democrats too, so it seems like the bill won't have too much trouble to be approved.

Imagine if the bill is approved and paytowin games and lootboxes games are banned in USA. That will be huge for EA, but it will be huge for Pes too. After USA many more countries will follow, not even counting USA is one of the biggest market for games and it will already have a big impact on EA's earnings (not so much on Konami's).

One thing is a tiny country like Belgium banning lootboxes, another one is such a huge country as USA banning both lootboxes and paytowin games.

Software houses would be forced to actually improve their games instead of using virtual slot machines as their cash cows. No more Myclub, or no more Myclub as it is right now, back to Online Master League that was the greatest idea Konami had before they trashed it starting with Pes 2015.

I never thought it would happen this quick to be honest.
From the first case (Belgium) last year to this which might happen in a few months maybe?. This could only be a win-win for us, the fans and offline players.

BTW, is there any source, any link for that?.

From the moment they became partners with Barca some years ago and they started to implement this fucking tiki taka philosophy and mentality in their trailers with perfect one touch backheels and shit,the gameplay also become based on this mentality for 'fun' errorless play where every team can play like Barca.

So true. We probably haven’t fully understood yet how this ‚premium‘ partnership has ruined the game.

So true. We probably haven’t fully understood yet how this ‚premium‘ partnership has ruined the game.

Hmmm... I think it all started with Pep Guardiola's Barcelona back in 2010-2011.
Konami only became partners with Barcelona 3 years ago. And Barcelona haven't even been playing "tiki-taka" style for a long time now.

But I do think that Pep's Barza influenced football games heavily.

All these leagues can be in PES coz they are under fifpro so konami can use that without have official license

• Argentina
    Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Bolivia
    Botswana
    Brazil
    Bulgaria
    Cameroon
    Chile
    Colombia
    Costa Rica
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    DR Congo
    Ecuador
    Egypt
    England
    Finland
    FYR Macedonia
    France
    Gabon
    Ghana
    Greece
    Guatemala
    Hungary
    Indonesia
    India
    Ireland
    Israel
    Italy
    Japan
    Malaysia
    Malta
    Montenegro
    Morocco
    Namibia
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Nigeria
    Norway
    Palestine
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Poland
    Portugal
    Romania
    Russia
    Scotland
    Serbia
    Slovenia
    South Africa
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Ukraine
    United States
    Uruguay
    Venezuela
    Zimbabwe
Bugger it just put them all in the game unlicensed :D

Hmmm... I think it all started with Pep Guardiola's Barcelona back in 2010-2011.
Konami only became partners with Barcelona 3 years ago. And Barcelona haven't even been playing "tiki-taka" style for a long time now.

But I do think that Pep's Barza influenced football games heavily.

I agree that even Barcelona doesn‘t play like Barça anymore these days, but outside the Real Madrid fan base perhaps, it is still the most celebrated and loved club in the world with the most celebrated and loved player of all time and it still stands for attractive, clever and spectacular football (even though the only spectacle lately has been the way they twice failed in the CL). From a marketing perspective it makes total sense to sign such a partnership: if all the kids want is Barcelona and Messi, let's fucking give it to them! In spades! After all: 'mes que un club', right? A global brand indeed.

But I can imagine how this has consequences on the game's design. If all everyone is looking for is 'spectacular', 'entertaining' and high-speed football with lots of precision, first-touches, back-heels, bicycle kicks – magic Messi-esque moments – then there is no reason to differentiate.

You could also say that all @incas36 and others involved in patching the gameplay are trying to do is getting Barcelona out of PES. Exorcize it. But it doesn't work.

Last edited:
I do not understand this desire for more leagues. Pes does not need "more" , it needs better. Look at the extra leagues they did implement. Other than kits and logos and some stadiums (though often none at all) they did fuck all with them. No atmosphere,no distinctive character, nothing. Not even proper scoreboard which the PC community did manage thank god.

My opinion; first make what you have good,then look to adding to it. Yes I know that commercially speaking that isn't the most sensible thing to do. But as a consumer I don't give a toss about that.

I do not understand this desire for more leagues. Pes does not need "more" , it needs better. Look at the extra leagues they did implement. Other than kits and logos and some stadiums (though often none at all) they did fuck all with them. No atmosphere,no distinctive character, nothing. Not even proper scoreboard which the PC community did manage thank god.

My opinion; first make what you have good,then look to adding to it. Yes I know that commercially speaking that isn't the most sensible thing to do. But as a consumer I don't give a toss about that.
Agree (to a point).
By more I, personally, always mean Division 2's in every league. Without D2 I cant play Master League for more than 2 seasons in any league. No teams rotation and league cup, made of only D1 teams, is just pathetic.

But yeah, they did sweet fuck all with all the leagues. They put so little effort into those leagues that its actually laughable and embarrassing.

Hence id rather if they got rid of licenses, left all the leagues as unlicensed ones (like spanish, italian and english), unlocked them all and give people more edit options to define each of them.

Another bulletproof showing how Konami mess a great game.
This time is turn for collision system (and 1on1 balance consequenlty). Enjoy it:
The video (and demo gameplay) shows that the lack of Impact Engine isn't the cause of the poor and annoying physical contacts in final game.

The extreme powefull hits, the unaccuarate collision detection and the cheated tackles are the reason behind the mess of physicality in PES 2019. (all tweaked after demo)
And this has deprived to all of us of enjoying magic 1on1 moments that demo has.:RANT:

If someone'd like use this videos to claim Konami on social media, feel free to do it.:BEER:

Last edited:
Agree (to a point).
By more I, personally, always mean Division 2's in every league. Without D2 I cant play Master League for more than 2 seasons in any league. No teams rotation and league cup, made of only D1 teams, is just pathetic.

But yeah, they did sweet fuck all with all the leagues. They put so little effort into those leagues that its actually laughable and embarrassing.

Hence id rather if they got rid of licenses, left all the leagues as unlicensed ones (like spanish, italian and english), unlocked them all and give people more edit options to define each of them.
Yes, definitely D2 and I fully agree with your editing stance. I feel shoehorned into either English league or French and that is not good at all since my preferred league is the Eredivisie. The way it was in the old days is fine. At least give users the option to do with D2 what they want.

I see a lot of people complaining about the extension of the LaLiga partnership with EA SPORTS.
Like, somehow you think that if EA hadn't extended it, KONAMI would perhaps get it.
Don't you guys see, Konami CANNOT deal with whole licensed leagues?.

They have the Russian league, haven't they?. And the Thai one. And the Argentine, etc.
What have they done for those licenses? I mean, come on... let's get real now. They just can't handle licenses.

It'd kill PES, absolutely certain of it.

Like, somehow you think that if EA hadn't extended it, KONAMI would perhaps get it.
Don't you guys see, Konami CANNOT deal with whole licensed leagues?.
Recent form would support your view, however PES2013 had the full La Liga licence and had all 20 La Liga stadiums. They can do it right when they put the effort in, the problem is they don't need to anymore because of MyClub. They can save themselves the effort and make more money by hawking microtransactions.

Its not only licenses teams. Its stadia,scoreboards, presentation. EA make it perfect. They exclusive licenses create superb in many ways. Konami can do it only with individual teams like Liverpool or Barcelona. What they did with exclusive Russian league? Nothing.

Recent form would support your view, however PES2013 had the full La Liga licence and had all 20 La Liga stadiums. They can do it right when they put the effort in, the problem is they don't need to anymore because of MyClub. They can save themselves the effort and make more money by hawking microtransactions.

We've been told (not too long ago) that it takes them up to a month (sometimes even more) to complete the creation of ONE stadium. Because of the complexity of the structures, lighting, etc. And because they are short-staffed. Imagine if they got a hold of the top leagues. It would be simply embarrasing.
We'd probably get 5 new stadiums at release day and then get the rest of them by the last DLC... like 9 months after release. Inconceivable.

In fact, look at what they did with the UEFA Champions League and Europa League license before ending the deal.
They come up with ANYTHING clever, creative, innovative, or even realistic from 2014 until 2018. The same mode. Same graphics package. Same everything.

Honestly, licenses are better off with EA.

We've been told (not too long ago) that it takes them up to a month (sometimes even more) to complete the creation of ONE stadium. Because of the complexity of the structures, lighting, etc. And because they are short-staffed. Imagine if they got a hold of the top leagues. It would be simply embarrasing.
We'd probably get 5 new stadiums at release day and then get the rest of them by the last DLC... like 9 months after release. Inconceivable.

In fact, look at what they did with the UEFA Champions League and Europa League license before ending the deal.
They come up with ANYTHING clever, creative, innovative, or even realistic from 2014 until 2018. The same mode. Same graphics package. Same everything.

Honestly, licenses are better off with EA.
It’s the same audiowise, when they get a license it takes another year for those teams to have licensed audio. Fulham got their licensed commentary in the game that Konami lost their license. I’m hoping Pes2020 has loads of licensed commentary spread across the various leagues considering the licenses they got this season.

That’s why every game I hope Konami license different English clubs. In terms of licensed commentary there is only Liverpool, Arsenal, man united and fulham. But Konami end up picking the same clubs unfortunately.

Yeah, this is the translation I got from a Tweet just now on twitter:
Translated from Portuguese by Microsoft
We finally got the first LEAK CONFIRMED!!! The BOTAFOGO SP team confirms that they have closed an agreement with the #KONAMI!!! Sera coming #BrasileiraoSERIEBsoon a video explaining everything! #PES2020

Yeah, this is the translation I got from a Tweet just now on twitter:
Translated from Portuguese by Microsoft
We finally got the first LEAK CONFIRMED!!! The BOTAFOGO SP team confirms that they have closed an agreement with the #KONAMI!!! Sera coming #BrasileiraoSERIEBsoon a video explaining everything! #PES2020
Wonder what league we're giving up for that? :WHISTLE:

TBH, I would be pretty happy about a license for 2nd Bundesliga, though I am sure nobody in Brazil (or elsewhere outside of Germany) would give two shits about it.

I'd trust on the patch makers to connect it with a patched first league. Finally relegations (Union Berlin ftw!) and more diverse cup matches (Bayern vs Heidenheim anyone?)

TBH, I would be pretty happy about a license for 2nd Bundesliga, though I am sure nobody in Brazil (or elsewhere outside of Germany) would give two shits about it.
Respectfully disagree. I always liked to watch Bundesliga. All good european leagues are cool to follow, even just with highlights.
In Fifa19 I have Energie Cottbus career mode running and thats D3.
Same with Eredivisie. I always liked Feyenoord and from time to time I play a ML with them. But it never lasts more than two seasons, as I simply cant bare not having any promotions/relegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom