PES/WE 2012 Demo Thread

I think this was posted a couple of pages back somewhere and no one answered. Taking those pics is really going below the belt because we all know PES isn't gonna be microscopically perfect like Fifa, and frankly, I assume most people don't care outside of the actual animations, which can look horrendous sometimes.

But it wasn't that bad even in PES3-PES6 days. It did happen sometimes, but it was very rare.
I wouldn't have problem with this if it was happenig once per 5 games or so, but it's happenning constantly, almost every player-ball contact looks like this.
For me it's just not acceptable. I just hope they will do something with this till the final game release.

But it wasn't that bad even in PES3-PES6 days. It did happen sometimes, but it was very rare.
I wouldn't have problem with this if it was happenig once per 5 games or so, but it's happenning constantly, almost every player-ball contact looks like this.
For me it's just not acceptable. I just hope they will do something with this till the final game release.

Why don't you let them know then? You can tweet Jon about it.

Last edited:
I don't have a twitter account :P
And i guess i'm not the only person who noticed it. I'm also pretty sure Konami is aware of this problem. You just can't miss it.

The game is broken because of a little clipping? Behave.

-
I don't see much wrong with the first of the 2 videos on the last page. The United player has his back to the Porto man, he puts his foot out to get the ball, porto man kicks it forwards knocking him off balance and as the porta guy runs forwards man u guy is left behind. What's the issue supposed to be?

2nd video. Is the problem that the AI are almost reading your button presses and know the exact counter to use to beat you? They've had that issue for years and it pisses me off to no end. I hate running down a wing and then attempting to cut the ball back by pulling in the opposite running direction but the ai know this and will pull back at the exact same time too and tackle me or stick to me like glue.

-
Random thought of the day from me.
I love the animation of players backtracking for a misplaced pass. Lovely.

Last edited:
The game is not broken, but i think its more then little clipping.

I have some situations 2 players merge as 1, so the ai striker is undefendable and scores a goal. I hope next year they adress this.

But i am happy with the demo, its 1000 times more fun then all other next gen pesgames combined. And its only a old build. Cant wait for the next demo.

And i really hope we have a topteam filter online. And online should be next to perfect.

There is more of this. Have you noticed that this happens in almost every dribbling : In technical aspect - this game is just broken.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

last year the demo was at this level of clipping, in final game it was much more reduced, i think this year will be the same

ive only played 3 games of the demo,thats all i need until the fixed demo comes out and then the final game. theres no point playing it and then finding all these bugs that wont be in the finished game

YouTube - santos golazo.mp4

scored this beauty

Last edited:
There is more of this. Have you noticed that this happens in almost every dribbling : In technical aspect - this game is just broken.

:TTTH: you mean this 1st demo ? Tbh i do certainly hope this case will be eradicate in the next demo and final version as it may ruin a bit when seeing replays and in player cam with being aware that it still may not be perfect.

Last edited:
I'n preview code a shot cancel is missing too,only there is stay that fake/cancel shot from PES 2011 whitch look like a shot cancel , but only on high pass :circle: + :x: , shot :square: + :x: is regular fake shot with animation. It's is cool, u can uses what do u want , both are there.

Shot cancel gereraly is shot :square: or :circle: +:r1::r2: i have use it very much since pes 3 , now that is no more there :(
In demo :square: +:x: and:square: + :x: is a same fake. The shot cancel is total gone . It's make me littel bit sad.

It makes me very sad. Super cancelling shots was a huge part of my game in PES 5 and 6.

The game is broken because of a little clipping? Behave.

-
I don't see much wrong with the first of the 2 videos on the last page. The United player has his back to the Porto man, he puts his foot out to get the ball, porto man kicks it forwards knocking him off balance and as the porta guy runs forwards man u guy is left behind. What's the issue supposed to be?

2nd video. Is the problem that the AI are almost reading your button presses and know the exact counter to use to beat you? They've had that issue for years and it pisses me off to no end. I hate running down a wing and then attempting to cut the ball back by pulling in the opposite running direction but the ai know this and will pull back at the exact same time too and tackle me or stick to me like glue.

-
Random thought of the day from me.
I love the animation of players backtracking for a misplaced pass. Lovely.

I don't think you have played the demo enough. The collision detection is broken to the point where when you pass a ball to your teammate, even though the player is standing there waiting and doing the trapping animation, the ball will just go straight through his feet. It's "a little clipping" that breaks the game.

I agree with what you say about the AI glued to your player. What's the point of adding these new fake momentum animation if the AI never does it? They just take the ball away when you do it, however.

Your wrong. No it wasnt. The game was much sharper and the lighting better. Or at least it was on my T.V., same with PES 9 and PES 10.

Got to be honest Jimmy, i felt like there wasn't a difference, and i ended up buying both demos and full games on the ps3 and the pc. The game looked jaggedy on both platforms for me. In comparison, PES10 looked really good, especially on the PC, and that's before the Lodmixer was out.

I think there was an AA problem which caused all the jaggedness in PES11, and i remember everyone saying 'don't worry, it's compressed because it's a demo' back then. Nothing changed for me in the full game, regardless of how many times i changed my settings. I've got a really good set-up aswell, so i don't think it's a hardware issue. Plenty of other people experienced it aswell.

That's why they've blurred the game this time imo. It's the easiest fix for it. If that makes sense.

I tried it last yesterday after reading LT's comments, I still have the PES 11 demo on my HD, and it definately looked sharper and brighter on my T.V. I dont think it was the massive jump between demo and retail that PES 10 was, but it was still there. Maybe it's just me and my eyes and memory.

I tried it last yesterday after reading LT's comments, I still have the PES 11 demo on my HD, and it definately looked sharper and brighter on my T.V. I dont think it was the massive jump between demo and retail that PES 10 was, but it was still there. Maybe it's just me and my eyes and memory.

I suppose there's a chance that it looks different on different set ups aswell.

only got a few games in yet, but i love the defending.
I tried tackling with X, but the strikers kept dribbling past me, lost all games sofar.

The defending / jockey system is really good. You don't even have to press x or push the stick towards the opponent.
Sometimes you can just let the striker try to go past you, if you jockey well he will run up against you and lose the ball.
That looks just as if he'd wanted to do a panna, and you closing your legs at the last moment to intercept the ball.

Because of his momentum, he will continue to go forwards and past you, but without the ball.
This immediately gives you some free space to dribble into.

I really love how that looks, despite the fact that i haven't succeeded much with it yet.
I'm sure that with some practice it will be better. I always loved defending in footy games but this year it is really good.

So, a better game then pes2011. Some shooting animations are still off. I still see some volleys from way out of the box that just should not be there.

I haven't bought i single pes edition since 2008, but i'm considering it this year.

I played a few games on the pc

I dont want no pes5/pes6 HD, and this sorta feels like it

the players react way 2 fast and the animation sometimes are just silly because the players can turn too fast

in pes 2011 they were 2 slow, pes2012 they are 2 fast

they need 2 make it more balanced, or else I fear online this year will be a big disaster

Arrgh.

Day three on the demo and all of a sudden the old frailties are returning. Ive just had to turn it off and chill because i started to lose my temper with it.

1. The ball physics are definately not right. I cant put my finger on it but i guess the ball is just too slow and has no zip. Also the ball - i cant get away from the fact it acts like its scripted, it just doesnt feel loose at all.

2. The cursor switcher is still bust. the amount of times i go to make a tackle or move a man and it switches to another man. infuriating. Was about to make a tackle on the attacker and it switched because he released the ball and they scored.

3. The computer is still making passes for you, clearing it for you and shooting for you automatically.

Gutted.

Arrgh.

Day three on the demo and all of a sudden the old frailties are returning. Ive just had to turn it off and chill because i started to lose my temper with it.

1. The ball physics are definately not right. I cant put my finger on it but i guess the ball is just too slow and has no zip. Also the ball - i cant get away from the fact it acts like its scripted, it just doesnt feel loose at all.

2. The cursor switcher is still bust. the amount of times i go to make a tackle or move a man and it switches to another man. infuriating. Was about to make a tackle on the attacker and it switched because he released the ball and they scored.

3. The computer is still making passes for you, clearing it for you and shooting for you automatically.

Gutted.
I agree with these. I get pissed off at the game and just end up rage quitting. Shooting physics need to be faster along with better shot choices.

It's an improvement on 2011 though which pissed me off much more, but that was mostly because of the catch-up and slow accel when recieving a pass.

Well we started playing the demo at 7pm and finished at 1am,everyone was in full agreement that barring a few niggles pes 2012 is the best multiplayer football game made since the Ps2 days.

1st off the new player controller profile settings will be a big hit as the 6 of us there all play with different button configs so to have all have our own profile setups is a great idea(i know that feature was in community mode in pes11)but to have it just to jump into all the other game modes could be the best thing konami do this year.

As for the matches played its really back to easy to play hard to master especially in the defensive situations where having a few days head start i knew how to defend properly and they didnt meaning i wasnt giving away free kicks around my box by spamming the x button, i must have scored about 10 freekicks from my friends not knowing how to use the new defensive system, after i showed them how it worked the games became much tighter affairs.

Everyone was also impressed by the new collision system and the removal of the stumble animation,they were half expecting the stumble animation to happen after the usual tackling scenario but were shocked to see players keeping their balance and continue on with the ball,everyone also agreed that the ai awareness of offside was really good as it made the pitch bigger with no more players all gathered in the middle 40 yards of the pitch.

I told them all about off the ball movement but none of them were bothered to try it as the movement of the ai is so good,i think we were worried for nothing with this new feature but everyone found the off the ball movement great from throw ins,corners and especially from goalkicks were some of my friends have a habit of trying to close down the closest defender to the keeper from short kick outs which we have banned from tournament play.

The new penalty system drew the biggest debate as it was half and half split with half of us who learned how to take penalties in pes 2011 saying that the new pens are too easy and the other half saying that they should be like that as in real life they are easy for a professional player to score 9 times out of 10.we agreed that maybe more error should be brought into the system as not all penalties are hit on target.

Another thing i noticed and was happy about was the way in which if you wanted to make an change of position to any player on the team it happened instantly,eg i wanted to change robinho from RM to CF and when i did it he moved straight away without me having to wait for the ball to go out of play,this really annoyed me in pes11 as you could make a tactical change and it would only be enacted the next time the ball went dead which could be maybe 10,15,25 game mins after.

A few things everyone noticed from playing that could do with fixing were the usual goalkeepers(no need to explain that)some shooting issues and the distribution from goalkeepers is still on the slow side for counter attacks,also we found that with some chipped tru balls the receiving player would run,stop then run onto it again to give the defending player a chance to get back and prevent the pass,and some balls down the line would go out of play as the players would be too slow to react to them.

All in all though it has to be said that if konami can iron out the niggles from this demo and keep the concept of it the same(no dumbing down the defending etc) then pes 2012 as a multi player game with your mates will be the greatest football game experience since pes5/6 and il be looking forward to more smiles,rows,shouting at the screen and slagging that usually goes on with the friday night pes tournament.

Arrgh.

Gutted.

1. What game speed are u playing on?
2. Tried semi-assisted?
3. Tried turning off the player assistance CPU things? you can turn off the CPU tackling, shooting, passing.

1. What game speed are u playing on?
2. Tried semi-assisted?
3. Tried turning off the player assistance CPU things? you can turn off the CPU tackling, shooting, passing.
The exact replies I was about to post. Complaints 2 & 3 are most definitely down to semi-assisted cursor changing and player assistance being on, respectively. I experience the same things when I forget to turn them off before every match.

1st off the new player controller profile settings will be a big hit as the 6 of us there all play with different button configs so to have all have our own profile setups is a great idea(i know that feature was in community mode in pes11)but to have it just to jump into all the other game modes could be the best thing konami do this year.

Nice read - and this bit is so damned true. Absolutely love this feature. The way FIFA does it is slow, but the way PES 2011 does it is absolutely horrendous. It used to take me and my three friends a good 5 minutes to start a match on the 360 because we all had to sign in on the 360, then load the profile from the options, then go to the match setup. Was so glad to see this.

It's also a lot more comprehensive than the old system.

All the players on their own do this body feint or step overs(If they are skillful players) when opponent approached to them, although I have not pressed anything of controls.

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/38/5m4.mp4/
They do this automatically, I don't touch anything, when the opponent is near :(

Tried two different gamepad and behaves the same...

But it isn't logical that a player do something that I don't want. I did't press R2 button for that feints!

After playing 20 or so games now I fear for my marriage/sleep come the 14th October.

The new defending system has made this the best footy game I've played (and I've played them all as a near 40 yo).

Ok there are imperfections but for what I want, it's brilliant.

A game that allows proper football to be played.

Back
Top Bottom