PES/WE 2012 Demo Thread

I don't know if this has been said already. The WE Jap Demo (PS3) version is far better than the US version. I have played it and noticed that the controls, shooting, player movement/dribbling, and graphics are much better than the US version. Don't know why really.

Heck, even the nets on the goals are graphically improved, not to mention the animation of it when the ball strikes the net. On the US Demo, the nets barely even animate upon ball impact. They remind me of FIFA's nets.

On the JAP Demo, the ball doesn't feel and behave floaty as the US version. The animations and player models look and feel much more stern and solid, not sliding all over the pitch. Even the pitches look more crisp and improved graphically.

Having said that, I am enjoying the JAP WE Demo (ps3) version to death more so than the US version. Something just doesn't feel right about the US version. It just feels unfinished and older than the JAP version. I'm guessing the PC version of this Demo must play as good as the JAP version as well.

I really hope the PS3 final US Version of the game feels as good if not better than the JAP Demo. I really do.

I don't know if this has been said already. The WE Jap Demo (PS3) version is far better than the US version. I have played it and noticed that the controls, shooting, player movement/dribbling, and graphics are much better than the US version. Don't know why really.

Heck, even the nets on the goals are graphically improved, not to mention the animation of it when the ball strikes the net. On the US Demo, the nets barely even animate upon ball impact. They remind me of FIFA's nets.

On the JAP Demo, the ball doesn't feel and behave floaty as the US version. The animations and player models look and feel much more stern and solid, not sliding all over the pitch. Even the pitches look more crisp and improved graphically.

Having said that, I am enjoying the JAP WE Demo (ps3) version to death more so than the US version. Something just doesn't feel right about the US version. It just feels unfinished and older than the JAP version. I'm guessing the PC version of this Demo must play as good as the JAP version as well.

I really hope the PS3 final US Version of the game feels as good if not better than the JAP Demo. I really do.

o yah definitely .. they need something to prove to us and europe people that they are working hard ... 1st demo being so much unfinished .. the final demo will look even more gorgeous ... nice trick konami ..

My impressions on this PES 2012 demo so far the positives 1) responsiveness and fluidity of the gameplay spot on 2) Ball physics in certain situations spot on 3) Certain Player and Shooting animations much improved from last yr version 4) Advantage rule finally implemented 5) Better Visuals and Sharper Images e.g Stadiums look better 6) Off ball and cursor switching have also improved (i.e with the right analog stick ) Now the negatives 1) Goalkeepers animations r horrible and its almost too easy to score on them 2) freedom of passing like in PES 2011 is now non existent passes r now scripted 3)Catch up logic is too enhanced which makes it very annoying when a plyr with a high speed stat (94)can be caught with a plyr with a speed stat (66) this to me makes no sense this has been removed since the days of ISS pro 4)Ability to apply pressure on a keeper from a corner, goalkick or throwout 5)What,s up with the guy in the suit running behind the goal throughout the entire game 6)No bench animations

is possible to get WE 2012 DEMO (Japanese PES) on xbox 360 ? As all we know fucking KONAMI didn't release P12 demo for xbox360 holders so can we find out another way to play the best EVO at the turn over six years ?

is possible to get WE 2012 DEMO (Japanese PES) on xbox 360 ? As all we know fucking KONAMI didn't release P12 demo for xbox360 holders so can we find out another way to play the best EVO at the turn over six years ?

How do you know KONAMI didn't want release demo on XBOX? Maybe MS had some problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went into settings and turned off ALL Ai assists, like pass assist etc

I can put the ball where I want to now, not where the scripting wants it to go, still tricky tho.....

I don't think you have played the demo enough. The collision detection is broken to the point where when you pass a ball to your teammate, even though the player is standing there waiting and doing the trapping animation, the ball will just go straight through his feet. It's "a little clipping" that breaks the game.

I've played it a couple of times each night this week. It would be more but that annoying un-skippable intro video puts me off.
Is that 'enough'?.

I just play the game and have fun. I can't even see clipping unless you hit replay and go close up. When I'm in the middle of a match passing and moving ... it might well be there but I fail to notice it.

It's the same with the jaggies on the goal posts. Sure they're there, but I just don't notice them nor do I care even when I do. I grew up playing sinclair Spectrum, C64, nes/master systems etc.. that were made of jaggies. What we have today is vastly superior to anything before so a few jaggies on the posts or clipping is water off a ducks back for me.

I feel sorry for anyone who finds their fun is ruined by some jaggy door frame or an arm passing through a tree branch. Sure if a cross comes to your man and an opposing players head passes through your strikers body to head it clear, it might look like you've been cheated out of a goal... but really it's just the animation being screwy. At the end of the day, if the animation had been better the defender would still have got the ball and you'd have been pushed aside. But it doesn't change the fact the defender got the ball first in both examples... Just roll with it.

Last edited:
Judging by today's Spurs performance, the haters of PES's new defence system are not recommended to play as us in the second demo.

If you're still having trouble covering and anticipating, you'll not overcome the eyes glued shut and the lead feet.

I loved this game...Except goalkeepers the other things are very good...

I played and against my friends and all we are so excited with demo..

After playing the demo for a good few hours I have realised this years PES could be the best ever version on the NEXGEN consoles.

Initially I wasn't too excited as the interface looks exactly the same, fonts , layout etc looks like they could freshen up a tad... but anyways that's pretty minor as many of us are interested in the gameplay instead.

I found the game to be much more fluid and flexible in terms of dribbling and it seems like you could inject more creativity in your play ( compared to pes 2011, this is a major improvement).Shooting is still a bit edgy for me, feels like its assisted more than fully controlled by yourself, same with some passes ( even though i have turned passing assistance OFF).Goal keepers are still stupid and one more annoying thing is, when the ball is headed out from the box, some players will attempt a over head kick/scissor kick volley from 25-30 yards... i remember this in PES 2012 ... surely they should get this sorted... im pretty sure I haven't seen this in real life, so why would this be in a game which emphasises on realism?

Overall, much more playable game and should have a longer life span than PES 2012 ( I stopped playing after 2 months).

:OT:the future of sports games next-gen
will stay fairly similar to what we have in today's games
we will have less scripted games with more freedom but
no real-time physcis (pipe dream) for even ps4,xbox702,ect..
our internet speeds are just not fast enough today to deal with
12 players simultanously moving about together
it will be atleast another 15yrs or so,ps5 that we'll see it in our games.
and the graphics will stay fairly the same aswell next-gen-1080p

i think what konami have done with pes2012(demo)is very good
i think it will be the foundation for next-gen (ps4,xbox720,pc,ect..

7032.jpg

Is there any chance Konami will remove the L2/LT Modifier and let you choose in settings if you want to have manual passing?

If they don't, I hope they change it back to how it was in 2011. Even with the pass assistance at 0 and using the modifier as long as I aim it in the general direction of a player it goes to his foot. Also I put minimal power and it becomes a hard pass, or 3/4 of the power bar and it doesn't even reach the player running next to me.

a good way to describe pes2012 is,rain with sunshine,like english weather.
i dig the little animation where a player will tries to block shot with sticking his leg forward,there are a couple of others i think in there,cant think of them at the moment.
yasas:)))

YES after u play the 1st exhibition match and go to top menu press any button when the loading screen appears

Are you on PC?

If so there are a couple of files with extension sfd or something similar. I think there's 4 of these files. The 2 shorter file names have "12" in the title. Rename the 12 to 11 and the intro video will not play.

I played the demo to death now and there are a lot of things i really like and a lot of things that i don't like. But overall this game could be a big one. A huge one.

I'm desperately waiting and looking forward for demo 2 and for judgment day.

Can anyone say whether there is a difference between WE2012 and PES2012? To be honest, having two different games makes no sense, and is very unlikely IMO. I have both on my ps3, and I personally haven't noticed the blatant difference between the two...

lol, apart from the Japanese, thought I'd cover my bases... :)

Back
Top Bottom