PES2009 online FAR from outstanding!!!!!

I think that bug does not happen if you have Vsync option off.

Yeah i think thats right. But at the end of the day....you shouldn't have to keep messing around with settings to run a game properly. You should be able to load up, go online and play surely.

For the first time in 11 years, i'm giving FIFA a go. Seems a bit over-complicated at the moment, if i don't like FIFA, i'll have to start playing FPS online. Shame, cos all i've ever enjoyed online is PES5&6.

Yeah i think thats right. But at the end of the day....you shouldn't have to keep messing around with settings to run a game properly. You should be able to load up, go online and play surely.

For the first time in 11 years, i'm giving FIFA a go. Seems a bit over-complicated at the moment, if i don't like FIFA, i'll have to start playing FPS online. Shame, cos all i've ever enjoyed online is PES5&6.

i hope for your sake you're not talking about the PC version of FIFA.:CONFUSE:

Do not buy FIFA 09 its the crappest in the world on the PC!!!
No 2s2 Burna, your favourite thing that will be completely missing!:CALM: Arcade style gameplay and many problems online connecting and disconnects! That's my word for you! I got FIFA 09 on PC and I am so frustrated from it that now I purchased PES 2009 awaiting delivery. Hopefully within a few weeks this should be sorted out by Konami!

FIFA09 on PC Is really really bad shit, sucks... compared to pes2009 pc. FIFA09 on xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are cool. but dont have this feeling that i love about pes.

Anyone who is thinking of getting FIFA 09 is making a big catestrophie!!!!
Just have a look at the EA forums tons oof frustrating people. Look at this link!http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09-pc/353222-where-patch-online.html
Here a person posted 2 screenshots of the bugs of the game disconnecting. A bug that happens with Nicolas Anelka from Chelsea. Have a look at this I can gurantee you that your thoughts from the words "FIFA 09" will repel you from thinking of buying it! Here you can see in the last post I posted I am Blazingspeed over there too:))
If you want to waste £30 go ahead and buy it at your own risk. Its more disasterous than PES 2008 trust me!!!!!!

Do not buy FIFA 09 its the crappest in the world on the PC!!!
No 2s2 Burna, your favourite thing that will be completely missing!:CALM: Arcade style gameplay and many problems online connecting and disconnects! That's my word for you! I got FIFA 09 on PC and I am so frustrated from it that now I purchased PES 2009 awaiting delivery. Hopefully within a few weeks this should be sorted out by Konami!

Haha....FIFA lasted around 5 minutes. I only tried it as i was curious. At least EA made an effort concerning the consoles, which is more than can be said for Konami. I never realised there was no 2v2 on FIFA.

Looks like i'll have to do without football online. Never mind...theres worse things that can happen.

Time to buy a Wii and get on Mariokart with me mates i think...Pro Evo is well and truly over for me after all these years of enjoyment...Well at least after they close the PES6 server.

Haha....FIFA lasted around 5 minutes. I only tried it as i was curious. At least EA made an effort concerning the consoles, which is more than can be said for Konami. I never realised there was no 2v2 on FIFA.

Looks like i'll have to do without football online. Never mind...theres worse things that can happen.

Time to buy a Wii and get on Mariokart with me mates i think...Pro Evo is well and truly over for me after all these years of enjoyment...Well at least after they close the PES6 server.

But if Konami sort out the server and lag issues in a couple of weeks time, I bet you'll comeback to play PES 2009 online:BAND:

But if Konami sort out the server and lag issues in a couple of weeks time, I bet you'll comeback to play PES 2009 online:BAND:

I'll play online again if they VASTLY improve the server and give us in-match commnication back. They didn't sort out the lag issue AT ALL last year....trust me, they don't care, they have your money now.

'Goal'
'Yes'
'That went well'
'The scores are tied!'
'I'll get that back'
'Konami have ripped us off again'
'Konami have barely improved the PES2008 disaster'
'This game is shit'

(OK i made the last three up)

It wouldn't be so bad if you could edit those in-match phrases, but you can't.

2v2 online is what i play and enjoy, in PES2009 the gameplay is not as bad as in 1v1 or 1vPCU because the AI doesn't matter as much, you have your team mate to make runs and mark the opposition. I haven't been interested in 1 player PES for the last 3 years.....the AI is rubbish.

In PES6, you can communicate with the other players during the match either by directly typing or editing the preset phrases that are bound to the Function keys, therefore making it so easy to communicate and have more fun. Sure you get abuse from time to time, but at least you have the OPTION to turn the in-match communication off. The abuse makes me laugh, i enjoy giving as good as i get, it's great fun.

This for me is what online gaming is about. Having fun, i don't want to communicate just in the menu screens...the match has finished. And anyone who thinks that the in-match communication has been removed because of the abuse is wrong...you can still type whatever you like and abuse people in the menu screens in PES2009.

I'd gladly play online again if they released a patch to fix all of the things mentioned above, but there is more chance that i'll start to poo money out of my bottom and piss petrol out of my willy.

Last edited:
i also have problems with lags during an online-match. i have a 20mbit (down/ 1mbit up) cable-connection with a latency of 7-10 ms testet with some web-servers in my region. i can always download in full-speed and these speedtest-sites say that my connection is always perfect.

but i cant play pes lagless online!

i think that my cable connection is crappy and i run into packet-losses!
my cable connection uses our cable-tv and actually i do have problems with my tv! i cant even tune in some channels...
our cable will get fixed/replaced within a month.

probably you have a similar problem burna.

i will let you know if fixing this problem will make the game playable

I have had no problems online so far really, only a couple of matches have been laggy.

But the thing what annoys me the most is the people who quit games after going 2-0 down. FFS stop letting people quit games half way through.

For me PES2009 online is unplayable. I've tried to play around 10 games online but players don't react to my commands. I have 6 mbit connection and offline everything is ok but when i play online in every single game i play i get this problem. Players are just running straight to the back line and there's nothing i can do, or the keeper runs thorwards his goal and i conceed goals because the goal is empty or when i try to switch players in defence they run away from the opponent and he's having an 1v1 situation....it's just unlplayabe.. For the second year in a row i've lost my money for a shit game, as i play only online. Even when i play with my mate who has the same connection and we have green lights it's the same (and with PES6 we never had any lag, and we've played houndreds of games together).

Anyone has the same problem ? Any clues how to deal with it ?

Last edited:
ill never buy a pes game again as soon as it comes out thats the past 2 years ive been conned and im back to pes 6 once more, i wish some of the other software companies would try their hand at making a decent football game it would maybe make konami buck up their ideas, the fu**er*.

Wow, I had vsync on and I've been getting the same goalie issues, as well as issues with taking corners and freekicks. I'll deselect that option tonight and hope things improve! AS it was it was totally unplayable....

I wonder why they have an option in the game which totally breaks online?

I agree with BURNA in almost everything, but Im honnest, first time I played PES 2009 was online, and yes, totaly sucks for me too, what a mess, but I managed to play offline more, and more I play, more I like this game

I play PES since ISS, and I love Konami, I love all their work in ALL games, PES is great, they improved the dribble and individual control of players, the problem is on defence, but I think its lack of skill, PES is a virtual game, so we must know how to play it, and when we know very well, we can defend I think, in my opinion I think they could improve defending, but whatever, we should learn for ourselfs

couldnt agree more with the fact that Man UTD and Barça are just insane, but atm Im trying to improve my gameplay so I can kick that noobs ass that allways use Messi to run and C.Ronaldo and Eto, but its insane, when they pass the defense running, but I want to believe that its lack of skill lol, I wanna learn more about the game and I will

same for shooting and passing, there are manners of scoring, and we cant score great goals everytime with a player from nowhere or with Gerrard, its a fact, but ok, every mate can choose the team they want, that makes online a bit crap because of weapon of choice being Man UTD, Barça, etc, but at the same time makes the game very difficult and thats fine

Its all about we learn to defeat that noobs lol

But I must say, online is crap at defending for sure, terrible, I dont know if its the game, but I think its just online, because I played offline and I started to like this new PES, but when we go online, and we cant make a tackle because the player runs in opposite direction or just stands and dont move and we watch Messi score with some easy, is a load of crap for sure!I hope Konami improve this in the next few weeks, and make online like offline, no worst AI.. I cant explain this, but if we all compare, we can see the differences..

BURNA dont exit this game like that, Its big and amazing, but some difficult on servers maybe and lag and on and on makes online crap, but they must manage to resolve this, but for now, you could do the same as I, play offline and you will get good times with this game

and btw, great post BURNA, keep it on honnestly (sorry for bad english)

edit: btw, every aspect such as stats of players and face and emblems and that stuff of being licensed, we all can contribute to a big patch for correct that, and we can change that..so minor problem ;)

defending could maybe be better if they had manual/unassisted as an option online why the hell did they take that away for anyway ?

I agree with BURNA in almost everything, but Im honnest, first time I played PES 2009 was online, and yes, totaly sucks for me too, what a mess, but I managed to play offline more, and more I play, more I like this game

I play PES since ISS, and I love Konami, I love all their work in ALL games, PES is great, they improved the dribble and individual control of players, the problem is on defence, but I think its lack of skill, PES is a virtual game, so we must know how to play it, and when we know very well, we can defend I think, in my opinion I think they could improve defending, but whatever, we should learn for ourselfs

couldnt agree more with the fact that Man UTD and Barça are just insane, but atm Im trying to improve my gameplay so I can kick that noobs ass that allways use Messi to run and C.Ronaldo and Eto, but its insane, when they pass the defense running, but I want to believe that its lack of skill lol, I wanna learn more about the game and I will

same for shooting and passing, there are manners of scoring, and we cant score great goals everytime with a player from nowhere or with Gerrard, its a fact, but ok, every mate can choose the team they want, that makes online a bit crap because of weapon of choice being Man UTD, Barça, etc, but at the same time makes the game very difficult and thats fine

Its all about we learn to defeat that noobs lol

But I must say, online is crap at defending for sure, terrible, I dont know if its the game, but I think its just online, because I played offline and I started to like this new PES, but when we go online, and we cant make a tackle because the player runs in opposite direction or just stands and dont move and we watch Messi score with some easy, is a load of crap for sure!I hope Konami improve this in the next few weeks, and make online like offline, no worst AI.. I cant explain this, but if we all compare, we can see the differences..

BURNA dont exit this game like that, Its big and amazing, but some difficult on servers maybe and lag and on and on makes online crap, but they must manage to resolve this, but for now, you could do the same as I, play offline and you will get good times with this game

and btw, great post BURNA, keep it on honnestly (sorry for bad english)

edit: btw, every aspect such as stats of players and face and emblems and that stuff of being licensed, we all can contribute to a big patch for correct that, and we can change that..so minor problem ;)

I'm only interested in 2v2 online mate. I never played PES5 or 6 offline...the AI is terrible.

I hope they keep PES6 online. I think it's the decent thing to do considering the garbage they've given us for the last 2 editions.

lol I play PES2009 offline and I like it, used to play this game offline, online must be improved a lot so Ill wait until that happens, IF it does really happen lol or play with my mates.. I need to stay in something about football, so Ill play PES :)

I'm only interested in 2v2 online mate. I never played PES5 or 6 offline...the AI is terrible.

I hope they keep PES6 online. I think it's the decent thing to do considering the garbage they've given us for the last 2 editions.

You know there is offline MP with REAL people...

You know there is offline MP with REAL people...

No shit?

Good idea....i'll leave the Mrs and kids at home, pop round me mates houses for some games of PES2009 and get booked and sent off for 70% of the perfect tackles that i make and have the goalkeepers parry all the shots that are straight at them to the incoming striker to knock in......what a nice way to spend an afternoon.

The game is not good enough, on or offline.

Since i ditched PES2009...i've got Fallout 3 and Dead Space on PC. I can run both of these games on the highest settings with no slowdowns, and believe me, theres A LOT more happening graphically on-screen than on PES2009. On PES2009, i had to keep it on medium to stop the cutscenes and replays from slowing and jumping, the actual gameplay ran fine. And yes, i tried every setting in the game and gfx card settings (which you shouldn't have to do really)

LONG LIVE PES6!!!!

Since i ditched PES2009...i've got Fallout 3 and Dead Space on PC. I can run both of these games on the highest settings with no slowdowns, and believe me, theres A LOT more happening graphically on-screen than on PES2009. On PES2009, i had to keep it on medium to stop the cutscenes and replays from slowing and jumping, the actual gameplay ran fine. And yes, i tried every setting in the game and gfx card settings (which you shouldn't have to do really)

LONG LIVE PES6!!!!
What graphics card do you have? You should have no problems running PES on high if you can play those 2 games on highest settings. I'm pretty sure my 9600GT can only play those games smoothly on medium settings, but my PES is smooth as silk on high.

Back
Top Bottom