PES5 Demo - Impressions

Caniggia said:
My friend thinks the game has gone to difficult. He can not dribble around my central defence at least two times a game and score anymore.
I outplay him and force him out on the wing where I usually get the ball back.

I've been playing the game through all the series as real football where you often build your ways up the wing and start to create chances. Now he has to pay for his arcade football which I take great pleasure of in this game.

It's the real deal now. It's like a real game. Games between english clubs are fast, games between italian sides are slow. I love it. Online mode is going to be awesome.

I have to agree with you. Finally we have a game, where you have to play more like real football, not arcade one. And you have to play like real players do, steadily build your attacks and pass the ball a lot more than before to create good chances. I like it alot!

Well said.
I think some people are finding the game just too hard as it is becoming more and more like real football which is not easy, be it Premier standard or Sunday League. I love it when my passes go astray and my players mis-control the ball. ALthough it is frustrating it just makes it all the more sweet when you hit a 25 yard screamer or manage to driblle past a couple of opponents.
You realise it is you doing it and not the computer. Sweet. :D

'pugking' you say try it in a competition, and record a match from one of those games. But surely a cup final means a lot more to you than a friendly? So surely that means you will get pissed off about not winning right? You lose in exhibition but you dont really care, you lose in the cup, that does matter so they are cheating?

You really are talking rubbish

As I said before i won a match 3-0 i had one penalty and the other two of my goals were deflections... so what im cheating? Yes it may look like the computer cheats cos its flukey in a couple of games but SO ARE YOU in a couple of games. THATS FOOTBALL!

You really are a prick. Moaning at the game and everyone else cos you lose an important match. Its not your fault you didnt take your chances and play the right balls, the computer just cheated....

Last edited:
don't be an idiot, stop this feckin offtopic shit... this thread is not about whos twat and whos prick! it's about PES 5 demo discussion... so please stop it!!

on topic: i made a little experiment today just to see if a fast player can outrun slower opponent and the answer is..... yes. In six situations out of eight my fast attacker ( speed 88 ) could have outsprinted defenders ( 74 & 80 ) without the ball... with the ball speed of attacker was a bit slower... but still he was able at least not to give those two defenders any chance to catch up with him as they were running at about the same speed... the only two situations when i was outran happened because of momentum as PLF mentioned before... defender was on his max speed when my attacker has just started running, so at last nokami understood the point of speed difference and the real meaning of momentum for this situation...

Who you calling a prick you fucking tosser, who said I lost any match you dumb bastard?

Seriously try and read before talking utter shite, I win and the game still cheats, as I have said 500 times, and yet again you being the moron can't read that bit.

And who said deflections were cheating, are you seriously demented? what I think cheating is the fact most loose balls end up at the feet of the CPU, they take 1 shot and my GK is nowhere near it yet their GK saves bloody everything, I nudge them and it is a FK while they do the same to me and nothing.

Anyway who cares, why do we always get one retard carrying this on? as I have said, I know the game cheats, you lot know it doesn't, end of fucking discussion, you prick.

1) There's a CRC error in the RAR of full match. It's impossible to see the video. Your effort can't be rewarded as I just downloaded twice and gave CRC error twice.
I repeat I think PES5 is the best footy EVER, but still think that it cheats when playnig against CPU at higher levels. At least there's something you will have to admit. That's the CPU managing at the same time 3 defenders straight to you. Something you just can't do when you defend. If you don't admit that (even if you call it Disadvantage or AI) then I cut my wrists, lol.

2) About stats, I said that they produce different - subtle - differences only when you play against a CPU team in ML. And that's easily measurable. It's real the 20 bonus to stats given to some CPU players. It was also commented in a PesInsight thread last year when talking about condition and all that. What do you use to see stats of the CPU during a match? It should be an application looking for pieces in RAM. That would really speak the truth.

3) I don't think it cheats at multiplayer at all.

4) I never said that all shoots go to the posts, mattster, I was being ironical on how curiously a lot of my best plays end up to the post and that playing 30 minutes per half I have 4 posts per game more or less, which is very unrealistic by the way. Yet you can say you watched a match where there were 4 posts, but honestly I think there are, at maximum, 1 post average per game. The difference is great.

5) I respect people who thinks there aren't cheats. I only want people to respect my opinions also.

6) Opening a new topic inside the thread:
I don't know if you experienced it, but the game runs at different speeds depending on the hardware. That's why there were those srious problems with the game and different graphic hardware. When you played online, the game would adjust to the host "speed" producing sometimes strange effects on the client (like fasforwarding suddenly and afterwards some freezing of the action).

Last year I also did some experiments with my 2 desktop computers at home. Has anyone of you experienced that before? It's meant to run at the same speed with high-top PCs, but playing it with a Radeon X600 wouldn't give the maximum or "real" speed of the game, for example, on a 1'4 Ghz processor compared to my other PC: Radeon 9800 Pro on a 2'4 Ghz and 1GB RAM.

Could it be that we're still playing at different speeds????

Mr Drekkard

I Respect Your opinions

but I Can make 3 defenders straight to you :

One is Marking Player in my formation settings

2nd it's me controlling

3rd it's me again with the pressing Button (it's call 2nd player straight to the ball)

I make it often on PES 4 (and it's impressive!!!)

Xcuse my English.

I know it's difficult

But tell me if CPU cheats why can i make 8 - 1 on one match
and lose the next (6*), why the matches are not not ever the same.
and why for one attack the CPU makes always one different defense and vice-versa

Xcuse my English

kingpug said:
Who you calling a prick you fucking tosser, who said I lost any match you dumb bastard?

You've done well not to get banned before now. But now we're really tired of wading through this sort of shit each and every day...

Kezz said:
You've done well not to get banned before now. But now we're really tired of wading through this sort of shit each and every day...

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kezz said:

about time :applause: :applause:

mattster12 said:
Christ get this guy a razor blade or some rope :lol: If you compare it to PES4, which is what you should do as it was the last pes game, it's a massive improvement!! Some of the stuff you say I just don't see personally lol. Also I hardly think the development team are lazy :shock: EA would kill for PES/WE's gamplay, so if it was so easy to get all these things right why can't no other game company do wat konami have done?? I'm no fanboy, there's things I don't like. But for me their doing a great job and they always improve the game which is alright with me. But I think your over-exaggerating greatly, it's a great game I feel.

How could you say they doing a great job. This game sucks, just like we9. It's a little improved but not great. The greatest game there ever made was WE8 Liveware evolution. The reason why it sucks so much is, that they needed to make a game that is compatible with the PSP edition, wich has less buttons.So the tricks that we are use to, are placed as normal actions. players in defence are running directions that a normal football player never think about. Don't understand me wrong, I'm one of the biggest pes/we fan of holland, but what they have done with this game?? I don't know. The control of the game is also gone. Normally if you where much better then your opponent, you win the game easily. But now it's possible to win the game for rookies. (when they are used to the series). What do you think of the corners, Only PSV Eindhoven scores so many goals at cornersituation. please, it's far from great and when you compare it with WE8 Liveware Evolution, it sucks.

Hoorn, I strongly disagree with you.
If you have only a slight understanding of football tactics, you should recognize the huge improvement at this part of the game. The passing and overall AI is better (more patient build-up), they also build up much smarter and they defend more like great teams usually do by defending deeper and closing down passing paths. Another thing is the marking and covering. In previous versions defenders left there positions without real good reasons (think of Stam!).
Even if you 'ordered' him to stay back (with the attacking arrows back and defending arrows on high, even putting the D-line to C), he kept running forward.
That's perfect now. The passing and dribbling are made more realisticly as well and there will be much more and better on-line features.
So if you find it sucks I have to think the game has become too hard for you... ;)

Please don't tell me it's to hard, hahahahha!!

It isn't hard to play, it is frustrating to play. Players that don't react on a ball that only is a few feet away...... Is that more realistic. That happens to often.
Play it and play it, over again, you will see, when you playing this game against one of your best playmate's, you'll never play that much matches in a row, like u used to. Because the luck factor is to high or a corner will be the winning goal.

And if you wanna know mine skills, I will challenge you!!

hoorn said:
Please don't tell me it's to hard, hahahahha!!

It isn't hard to play, it is frustrating to play. Players that don't react on a ball that only is a few feet away......
Now you pick one thing out which is probably a bug; I did see that one too.
But it is not fair to hang a game up at some bugs in a demo-version. You should judge the game as a whole and I think the game is fantastic when you judge it that way.
If you get goals against with corners there are things you can do about that (like decreasing the defensive attitude with the shoulder-buttons) or using R2 to move a player to the attacker.
Okay, sometimes you get a goal against with corners, but that happens too in reality, so nothing wrong with that.
If you want to play against me I hope you will buy the Xbox-version so that we can meet each other :) The connection should be fine as we both live in Holland :)

I'm sorry but don't have a Xbox but a playstation. I can play on the pc if uou want.

But you will see, it isn't a bug. It;s the new, more realistic gameplay.

Don't understand me wrong, again. I love the game! But not all the changes. Did you played the liveware evolution version ?? The gameplay of that game was increased with 100% And decreased with 50% at WE9. And i think that that is done because this game hadd to be compatible for psp as too. I know for sure that there are many players like me, that agree with me, that the gameplay of WE 8 Liveware Evolution is much better then this one and a hundred times better then WE 8. Or I'am crazy and you all can see me as crap !! ;)

kingpug said:
No, I never started this whole "EA are money grabber" malarkey.

What more do I want lol, maybe a game that actually runs good, and seeing as the graphics ain't exactly PC standards I expect the game to run on a laptop!

Can you tell me why I cna play games like BF 2, HL 2 and CS:S yet playing a football game is choppy? I would love to know.

And I ain't sure what your on about, can't remember seeing someone say the graphics of SA were the same as the PS2 version, and I can safely say they looked better to me, and if it crashed it was obviously your pc seeing as it didn't crash once for me. Worst port? rofl, atleast it could run smooth on my PC which sadly ain't the case for PES4/5.

Yep, I called you Mr. know it all, I hope you don't lose sleep over that, anyway for the umpteenth time, lets wait and see how shit the game is before we carry on moaning about the demo, and I have yet to play FIFA06 so I can't compare the two.

Good god, do you honestly think my first post was off-topic? hahahhah what a beauty. And in my post I never mentioned one thing about the demo? Maybe instead of making stuff up try and read the post you claimed started this off-topic debate.

And I have heard enough of people slating FIFA and talking utter bollocks about EA, but I can't remember I opening up a debate over it, you know, like you have done here?

And just for the record, the first post that was off-topic was this: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=531971&postcount=14

yet I don't see you mention that or cry about him? Why may I ask? Plus the fact that guy just happens to moan as much as me about the game yet I can't remember you giving him all this crap over it, hmmm.

Forgive the spelling etc, been up since 6am and about to hit the sack, talk more crap while I am away Classic, give me something to read when I wake up.

U sound like my ex girlfriend

My god rick you need a nap and some warm milk always helps me when am on my period

Last edited by a moderator:
On PES5 Demo, when a player is injured and just before the screen shows zooms in to show the injured player; I get a black screen and the game locks. Has anyone had this problem?

Old Fart said:
On PES5 Demo, when a player is injured and just before the screen shows zooms in to show the injured player; I get a black screen and the game locks. Has anyone had this problem?

Everybody has that problem use dem trainer and turn of injuri and the problem is solved.

Back
Top Bottom