PES6 - Reviews and First Impressions

Just got mine yesterday. Firstly the intro is gay, some spastic no name guy doing tricks while all different colours float about in the background like a cheap club. In the game, the players pass like they are papists who just started playing football. Almost smashed my joypad in anger over the amount of times a pass has been too slow to get a my player who is 2yards away from him only for it to be intercepted. The movement of players when they turn is slower than a grand mother taking a sip of her tea. WE10 was so much more fluid than this crap. Maybe I just need to get use to it. At times it feels robotic, the shooting is ever more spasticated, it almost feels arcade. I don't feel satisfaction scoring on this version. I would probably go back to playing WE10 if it had United's official sponsor on it. Its the only reason Im giving this version a chance. Also disappointed they took out the kit selection option where you could change and mix socks,shorts and shirt with home and away kit.

The only problem I have with this game is that I now find it boring, I did not have the same problem with PES5 and WE10, while PES6 is better than PES5 IMO, I can't seem to find the fun factor in it

Professor Nutmeg said:
You can mate. I've unleashed some rockets on goal from distance, as well as some hard shots in the area and these are with not particularly good players as well.

I'm really enjoying the game. I'm wondering, are the people who don't like the game just jumping straight in and playing like they did with PES5? Because it won't work. All i can recommend is to play a few games on perhaps an easier setting or do some training to get the feel of the gameplay.
My tactics have now changed from 5 to 6. I used to do the :l1: + :circle: to send the ball down field in 5, but this makes for a more lofty pass in 6. The standard :circle: passes are now superb imo, low, fast and seemingly more accurate. I use this alot and find i make some great long ball and cross-field passes. A great way to release a striker/winger on goal too.

Well I've been playing it the same way as PES5 and its working cos the game's so similar! Ok i've been playing on level 4 and not 5 but I can quite easily get from one end of the pitch to the other in 3 quick passes

I'm definitely liking it so far. Top Player sucks though, it's way too slow. Check out professional, the game is a little bit faster, which is sweet! I particularily like the fact that you actually have to build an attack, and sometimes just pass the ball around a whole lot to find openings in the defense, def more realistic in my opinion.

Anyone else wonder where Konami developers saw footage of a defensive midfielder running past the halfway line, when he became magically entangled with the other teams CMF and the two of them accelerated at break neck pace through the rest of the team before unleashing a fearsome shot on goal? I mean wtf is up with whole 'hold off the player speed burst' thing the computer does?

What comforts me is that Fifa is getting closer, just like WE did with Fifa before. This gives me hope to believe Konami will move their asses again and go back to work after several years. Hopefully, they will start worrying with the whole stadium atmosphere and game modes, and stop changing the gameplay back and forth with no improvement at all.

After playing the game online for several hours, I can trully say this is the worst pes ever, and it simply doesn't make any sense. Defenders are idiots, passes are slow but too accurate, you usually cross the field in 3 passes. There's no real build up in this play. Every attack goes from area to area. You can't intercept passes or steal clean balls, because positioning count to zero. Shots are miserable. Too many times the ball goes to the keeper no matter where were you aiming. The ai of your mates is still abysmal. Too many CBs going into stupid trips out of position without any reason. I think this game played online is a pure mess. Going back to pes5 by the way. Too arcadish. To the people who says it's slow and requires a lot of build up, please, try to pass from your CB to your striker, normally it does and then you do one or to 1-2 and you're facing the goal. Simply as that. No matter what your opponent does. I think it's pathetic and worse everytime I play it, like the stupid cheats in the last 10 minutes when you play master league and the com score in plays you can't do a thing because your defenders are sent automatically some meters away of any opponent. I really don't like to play pes6 much more than fifa in online mode nor single player. Boring. My friends think exactly the same, they have ruined this game.

Professor Nutmeg said:
You can mate. I've unleashed some rockets on goal from distance, as well as some hard shots in the area and these are with not particularly good players as well.

I'm really enjoying the game. I'm wondering, are the people who don't like the game just jumping straight in and playing like they did with PES5? Because it won't work. All i can recommend is to play a few games on perhaps an easier setting or do some training to get the feel of the gameplay.
My tactics have now changed from 5 to 6. I used to do the :l1: + :circle: to send the ball down field in 5, but this makes for a more lofty pass in 6. The standard :circle: passes are now superb imo, low, fast and seemingly more accurate. I use this alot and find i make some great long ball and cross-field passes. A great way to release a striker/winger on goal too.

played my first matches last night (60hz - regular player) and am really loving the new pace of the game.

having to really think about the game even more than before, and find myself attempting to keep possesion more to try and work and opening.

however, am really struggling with shots (about 3 so far in 3 matches) and have been well beaten on each occasion.

imo it's definetly tougher than pes5

db

Shooting is harder to master, out of 10 shots on goal in one match only about 3 of them are on target. Also the shots seem to keep hitting the posts all the time.

Don Domenico said:
out of 10 shots on goal in one match only about 3 of them are on target. Also the shots seem to keep hitting the posts all the time.

What's new? PES has been like that for the past 5 years.

The scripted "oooh unlucky, you've hit the post yet again" syndrome is incredibly tiresome.

If I were awarded goals based on the number of times I hit the bar or post rather than actually scoring, I'd be winning 4-0 most matches.

It's just like real life :roll: .

What is it with the shooting though?!

I felt I could FINALLY get into the game last night, only to find that out of TWENTY THREE SHOTS, EVERY SINGLE ONE went over the bar. I was literally pressing the shoot button like it was giving me an electric shock; tiny little tap and then RIPPING my finger off the button - and yet the shot still manages to go out of the stadium (even when holding the "controlled shot" button down)!

If that's part of the gameplay and it's not something you can control then I'd literally be tempted to fly to Japan and sleep outside Konami HQ to demand a chat with Seabass.

I agree that there are some serious flaws in gameplay, but what happens with all the versions, you start to adapt, like you i was shooting everything over the bar, without the direction i want, it goes slightly better now miss only half of my shots

But in my opinion the biggest flaw is the passing, in three passes you are in front of goal, most strategies of people is deepbal and run after it.

Response after a ball falls loose is so slow. You cannot turn fast, that has nothing to do with players, this is not real footbal you can turn faster stop sooner in real life.

I like the slower gameplay, but everybody is running like crazy, with less control.

People I always played and who never could win from me, now just hammer some distance shots and at least score 2,

Winpercentage is still arround 60

Played already since we1
so can adapt to newer versions that shouldn't be my problem

but as ever i try to improve myself, but have less fun playing hope it will grow on me as before

This game is brilliant.

I am thinking more in defence as well as going foward and am finding it harder to master than PES5. Played a cup with spurs last night and got 1 goal and conceeded 2 in 3 games on regular. i have been mostly editing since last Friday so only played 10-15 games but it gets better with every match and i can see an enjoyable ML coming, which is great as this is all i play this game for really.

I dont get what people are saying about the 3 passes and you go from Defence to attack. i can do that in almost all the Football games i play. its called playing direct.

Its still the King, which may annoy the people who wanna love FIFA this year, but its still unbeatable

After playing the demo i downloaded last night, I think this game is good. I like the passing, running of the players and moving into space as well as the defending part of the game in any part of the field. Hopefully, I can find more stuff when launching my attacks or dribbling as well.
I like the new fake dummy action when your teammate let go and you get the ball from a pass, it looks cool.
I saw about five new and wicked animations that I couldn;t see in PES5.

I really like the game. I've yet to play verses me mates (should be this weekend) but I have had some great games with the computer. It was frustrating at first but I am getting used to it and shots are harder - but I think it is realistic.

I am loving it - and I know I will love it even more when I play as shitter teams against great teams, I love the challenge! (I Always play as Arsenal when I first get the game to get used to it - then play world cups with teams like China)

In a months time people will get used to it and adapt.

denirobob said:
however, am really struggling with shots (about 3 so far in 3 matches) and have been well beaten on each occasion.

You'll get used to the shooting db.
I struggle with the through ball...seems a bit random to me from time to time...maybe after a couple of more matches i'll get used to it.

I agree with you, theCRO. It's just not fun.

In fact, whilst playing PES6, I get the distinct feeling that the program code has been designed to weight everything such that your moves break down rather than make them come off.

Of course, you don't won't every single move you try to work out to perfection or else it would offer no satisfaction, but they've gone too far the other way. And when a move does fianlly come off, it just feels as though it's because the cpu has decided it'll let you score this time, not because you actually did anything more skillful as a player.

It feels wholly scripted. The gameplay is weak.

im trying really hard to like this game. my keeper gets a kick out of deflecting shots right in the face of goal. he only does it wehn im up by a single goal, so its all good. :mad:

I ****** love this game!!!!
yesterday played against my lil brother. The first day I got the game he beat the sh!t out of me :( .. but i took revenge !!..

It almost looked like he got a anger management problem ! hahaha
it was so funny to see him loose 4-2. :lmao:

(Lyon vs Newcastle )

The COM game is as it is. It won't be any better on the PS2 and there will always be ways to break down a CPU for players. The best thing is to bunker up with some mates and win and feel that you are actually better on the game that the computer anyways.

denirobob said:
hi stan

your playing 3* (regular player) too arent you ?

db

No Db, i play on "Professional"...tried "top player" once but boy that was hard.
I tried an international Challenge with Argentina. First match was against Ecuador and after 30 minutes i was losing 3 or 4-0 and Ecuador had bad luck...i stopped...maybe in a couple of months i'll try again...

2 v 2, 1 v 1 humans, this game is brilliant. Much better the We10, the keepers are much better then We10 actually as well. The slow build up play is great. I was playing PES6 on thursday night, was loving it, went ot my boys house later that night, starting playing WE10, and i was like, holly dshit this is waaaaaaaaaaay too fast. Poped in PE6 and was loving it.. great game for fun with your friends...

bbbybx said:
I am loving it - and I know I will love it even more when I play as shitter teams against great teams, I love the challenge! (I Always play as Arsenal when I first get the game to get used to it - then play world cups with teams like China).

yes i do exactly the same i always choose chelsea in first and then move with the smallers ones for me it's a the best way to have fun with the game,struggling against the big guns etc...Great!!!:)

Hi everyone, jus got my copy of pro evo 6 yesterday and all iv got say is, anyone who wants to play real football play pro evo and whoever cant handle a real soccer game should play arcade fifa 07, fifa in my opinion may have impoved but is still 5 versions away from pro evo PES 6 kicks serious ass

drekkard said:
After playing the game online for several hours, I can trully say this is the worst pes ever, and it simply doesn't make any sense. Defenders are idiots, passes are slow but too accurate, you usually cross the field in 3 passes. There's no real build up in this play. Every attack goes from area to area. You can't intercept passes or steal clean balls, because positioning count to zero. Shots are miserable. Too many times the ball goes to the keeper no matter where were you aiming. The ai of your mates is still abysmal. Too many CBs going into stupid trips out of position without any reason. I think this game played online is a pure mess. Going back to pes5 by the way. Too arcadish. To the people who says it's slow and requires a lot of build up, please, try to pass from your CB to your striker, normally it does and then you do one or to 1-2 and you're facing the goal. Simply as that. No matter what your opponent does. I think it's pathetic and worse everytime I play it, like the stupid cheats in the last 10 minutes when you play master league and the com score in plays you can't do a thing because your defenders are sent automatically some meters away of any opponent. I really don't like to play pes6 much more than fifa in online mode nor single player. Boring. My friends think exactly the same, they have ruined this game.

got my copy last wk from sendit.com and finally found time to play with one of my mates (apart from some online games that i sucked big time) last night. funny enough he exactly said what drekkard has written above and complained from it all night. he is still thinking that WE10 was better, which actually was too arcadish for me.

imo that game is fantastic (that is not because i haven't lose a single game last night or managed to score around 60-70 goals after 7 hrs of play :) but its more realistic. keepers are far better than WE10. all in all, game has the all good points of the previous versions, shooting resembles PES4, you can not hold X grap the ball from the defence but hv to follow and press X in the correct split second like PES5 and less fouls and more fluid like WE10... Its also slower now, which actually is good, only drawback is that passes are a bit slow (which i got used to) but at the same time too accurate and when you are defending the AI player in your defence (the ones that you dont command) are sometimes running away from the opposing attackers, giving a lot of open space. think that can be overcome by practicing...

Back
Top Bottom