Project Gotham 3 - Official Thread

I was looking forward to that too, bit of a pisser I have to admit. The GAME website doesn't seem to have a single game confirmed for launch, they're all TBC. Anyone know what games are scheduled to be out on the same day as the machine?

I am 100% sure Kameo is a launch title, and I am 99% sure Perfect Dark Zero is too. I imagine there will be a few games from EA as well. A full list hasn't been announced, I imagine something will be announced at X05.

I don't know how long these will be up but here are the first scans of Las Vegas.

40691320050921_140702_2_big.jpg

40691320050921_140701_0_big.jpg

40691320050921_140702_1_big.jpg

Poor quality but it looks good all the same.

Last edited:
Havent seen anyone mention this in this thread.

"The Brooklyn Bridge structure uses the same number of polygons as an entire city in PGR1."

Thats pretty impressive.

Ive got everything crossed it makes the Launch day... I dont fancy having to play Test drive or Need for Speed for my racing game fix.. :\

It's an arcade racer, it's not designed to have GT-esque physics and never pretends to. Have to say my desire to play this game just increased 10 fold, that looks absolutely stunning and it's on a fecking shakey cam in a dark setting, imagine what it'll be like to play!

It makes the pain of it not making launch all the more acute :).

ClassicD said:
Have to say my desire to play this game just increased 10 fold, that looks absolutely stunning and it's on a fecking shakey cam in a dark setting, imagine what it'll be like to play!

A change of troosers for Classic please :)

GT physics are nothing to write home about though, and these arent even as good as that :(

Just made me think that the new consoles are really just gonna be an improvement in graphics, i thought these new consoles were gonna be able to do amazing things, just seems like the same game to me though.

It's also made me think twice about spending £300+ to simply see improved graphics :(

PGR physics are great. Like Classic said it isn't trying to be a super realistic racer. However the cars have great weight and they are all fun to drive. I would take the driving model of PGR over GT any day of the week.

To be honest both games dont have great physics, i would prefer to play a PC sim anyday. But seeing the video, it just looks like the same game but improved graphics, i really thought it would feel more realistic, as well as look more realistic.

I know they arent trying to be as realistic as possible, but i would rather play a game which feels "right" and is a hard challenge, than play a 10year old game with the best graphics i've ever seen. I know this is completly exagerated, but imagine if they bought out a new sonic game, and it was the same game as the originals (side scrolling) but looked like the best game ever in terms of graphics. I wouldnt exactly be tempted to spend over £300 on it.

I guess i was just expecting more from the new consoles

Why not?? 99% of people on this site do that with the Winning Eleven series every year. There are minor tweaks here and there but that is all. Its the same with this, the handling in the devs mind, and most consumers, is spot on for the type of game it was trying to be however it will have been tweaked above PGR2. The graphics and features have improved as well as the online aspect. That to me warrants a purchase because I enjoy the game. I imagine GT5 will have very realistic handling next gen as that is their selling point.

If konami released WE10 for the 360/PS3 which was identical to WE9 but prettier - you would buy it straight away.

Definitely, it's an evolution of a series. SS, it's not possible for you to know how PGR3 plays, you're only able to go by the videos seen. The game was always going to be based along the same lines as MSR, PGR and PGR2, so expecting a more realistic driving model is illogical in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I would be happy with an identical game except better graphics, but you can already see the framerate looks a bit better than PGR2 and that IMO contributes to gameplay.

Bizarre Creations made one of the best racing games I'm ever played, F1'97 for PSOne. They've since gone on to make more great racing games and I'm sure this'll be no different.

Chris, I've decided to drag the PC into the toilet and sit on the pan, easier than washing all those breeks.

No i wouldnt buy it if it was identical but improved graphics, it's like people that owned a normal PS2, then trade it in to get a slim one and pay like an extra £30 or whatever it is. IT'S THE SAME THING ffs!

New versions of a game on the same format arent gonna have much difference, but the new consoles which are 100000 of times better, aparently, you would expect more than a cosmetical upgrade.

If all the games on the 360 are just updates of other games, and all play the same as the originals then what would be the point in buying them?

I was just expecting something new and original. Its a new console with lots more power, yet i bet when i play the game it feels the same. I dont think its worth spending all that money to look at something slightly prettier, i want to feel the difference as well as see it

Some quicker download links for the vids.

http://www.jeux-france.com/ftp/Divers/Project_Gotham_Racing_3_1.wmv

http://www.jeux-france.com/ftp/Divers/Project_Gotham_Racing_3_2.wmv

http://www.jeux-france.com/ftp/Divers/Project_Gotham_Racing_3_3.wmv

3 more vids (right click save as).

The first is of the garage, it looks quality. The second is the Enzo driving around. :shock: The 3rd is the replay and photomode.

http://rmjv.net/vi/pgr3gp1.wmv
http://rmjv.net/vi/pgr3gp2.wmv
http://rmjv.net/vi/pgr3gp3.wmv

Last edited:
How do you know you won't feel the difference? You've seen a few videos, why not wait until you've played the thing and then be able to see how it feels? Here's an example. MGS2 followed the same style as the original but not only looked better, it played better, who's to say PGR won't do the same? Was PGR just MSR with nicer graphics?

Sequels are a fact of life with popular, and sometimes not so popular series'. If you expected anything other than an arcade racer from PGR3, then you were wrong to do so in the first place. The fans of the series love it because of the way it plays, they're not going to abandon that style for the sake of it.

MSR was on the same generation console as PGR, PGR3 is on a completly different generation console.

Lets just wait until we can play it, then we'll know if it feels different

PGR was on XBox and MSR was on Dreamcast, I think it's debateable whether the DC was the same generation, but that's a different issue. Your final sentence there, yes, that's what I was trying to say to you. ;)

Stop fighting, ruining this great thread. PGR3 not being released the same day as XB360 is definitely bad news, that’s the game I was going to get, the others don’t really take my fancy.

ashmufc said:
Stop fighting, ruining this great thread. PGR3 not being released the same day as XB360 is definitely bad news, that’s the game I was going to get, the others don’t really take my fancy.
Fighting? :eh:

I thought it was a discussion about the game, dunno where the hell you got fighting from...

New Screens from X05 (sorry about the size).

EDIT: See ClassicD's post below for the screens.

Last edited:
This game just looks better, and as for SS saying he just doesnt want better graphics, that's his choice and opinion, but I think the upgrade to a 360 is worth when you see what else they are achieving on it for 1st Generation software, everything is looking ever more real

Not a true HD version but a higher quality PGR3 vid. It starts off with them showing the F355 interior as seen before. Then you get an extended drive around Tokyo - looks like there will be some great racing around that track.

Right Click - Save As

And more Higher quality versions of what we have seen before.

Ferrari Enzo in London - Right click save as

TVR Sagaris in Tokyo - Right click save as

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom