Red Dead Redemption 2

Anybody know where to find the stats? Like hours played, people/animals killed etc?
I cant seem to find it?

Which system?

I found a way on Xbox but required downloading the XBOX app to my iPhone.

The App provides the following information:-
Time Played - 21 hours
Achieve 100% - 42%
Complete the story - 47%
Earn 70% Gold Medals in Story - 7%

+ All achievements you have unlocked.

There's a Talisman that improves skins 1 level poor become good, good become perfect etc. If you're committed to doing all of the hunting challenges/tasks/quests (there's a lot of them) then it's worth getting it early on to make it easier to get good skins.

I'll put the details in a spoiler:

RDR2-Legendary-Buck-Location.jpg

Legendary Buck
[/image]

Yeah, been meaning to do this. Something that's frustrating for me is that it's not easy to track what ingredients you still need for upgrades/clothes/talismans/etc. I know there's lists online to refer to but that really should've been in-game somehow.

I just tend to target them one at a time but yeah I guess it'd make sense to do more of them at once to save trips, I don't mind so much though it's just an awesome world to be in! Our PS4 Pro arrives tomorrow so no more sharing one PS4! Probably going to have the PS4 Pro on my computer monitor and the wife have the regular PS4 with the TV, we'll see :)

They could do a better job with the menus I think.

It's confusing having all maps, cards, etc lumped together in your satchel. Also the pop ups are just too quick or multiple of them. I got about 6 things pop up about robbing a train, no way I'm going to remember all that. I'm sure gta had a kind of history of messages.

Still loving it though. I hunted the snow bison, skinned it and got killed on way back to camp. Thankfully it's not lost forever, the trapper has if when you meet him. I think if that happens you should have to hunt it again though.

Hey Calcio my trip out with Hosea I knew fug all about the game mechanical nuts and bolts, and got mauled by the Bear in a scene that was just as visceral as Leo getting his azz chomped in the Revenant. This game is absolutely bonkers/mental.
Ha ha damn! I've seen that movie twice. At the cinema it was incredible.
I almost got mauled but just made it...we were both bloodied and bruised but I lived to fight another day.

If you're not going to be heading back to camp, just skin it. And you should only really bother hunting 3 star perfect animals, because that's what the Trapper, the Fence, and Peterson use for crafting.

The biggest issue is it's just near impossible within the game to keep track of who to give which pelts to. Legendaries go to the Fence and the Trapper, but beyond that you just have to get in the habit of hunting for a bunch of perfect pelts to give to both for upgrades and clothes/items.

Cheers - I did skin it right away.
I did a quick google search on pelts and there's a couple of gaming sites with guides already.

Which system?

I found a way on Xbox but required downloading the XBOX app to my iPhone.

The App provides the following information:-
Time Played - 21 hours
Achieve 100% - 42%
Complete the story - 47%
Earn 70% Gold Medals in Story - 7%

+ All achievements you have unlocked.
I'm on PS4 i have the companion app but can't find hours played? (also looked in game)

It is weird they havn't got all of the stats, I used to enjoy looking through them every now and again with GTA.

I want to know how many deer I have killed, or how many people I have helped/killed etc

I'm on PS4 i have the companion app but can't find hours played? (also looked in game)

It is weird they havn't got all of the stats, I used to enjoy looking through them every now and again with GTA.

I want to know how many deer I have killed, or how many people I have helped/killed etc

Yeah I wanna see all that stuff as well, at the very least how many hours I've played!

Need to ask again.

Since RDR1 is not out on PS4...
Do I need to play it before RDR2?
I mean story-wise...
Not really, no. Its a separate story that develops itself.
You would, however, be more sunked into the story if you knew the first part as its interesting to see how relations developed from RdR1 to RdR2.
But the world of RdR2 is so deep and full of characters that it wont take that much of a joy.

Not really, no. Its a separate story that develops itself.
You would, however, be more sunked into the story if you knew the first part as its interesting to see how relations developed from RdR1 to RdR2.
But the world of RdR2 is so deep and full of characters that it wont take that much of a joy.

Alright....thanx a lot :)

I was playing both games before but it’s not needed.
But it adds to the whole, imo. A lot of mysteries still need to be solved from RDR...
You could watch a RDR recap video to get on track a little, but it’s not needed to fully enjoy RDRII!
For example:

Arthur Morgan Is A Better Protagonist Than John Marston
A few weeks ago, I dedicated a fair amount of words to talking about why the original Red Dead Redemption’s protagonist John Marston is, to put it plainly, so damn good. Since then I finally got the chance to sink my teeth into Red Dead Redemption II, dedicating five days to playing through the massive story. While RDR II is already shaping up to be a divisive game due to its abundance of systems, realism quirks, and bleak tone, I count myself among those floored by the game’s achievements. It’s simply the best game I’ve played since Mass Effect 2, my favorite game of all time, and with Game Of The Year discussions looming in the months to come, I’m sure I’ll have several opportunities to make the case for Red Dead Redemption II’s virtues.
https://www.gameinformer.com/the-vi...gan-is-a-better-protagonist-than-john-marston

I was playing both games before but it’s not needed.
But it adds to the whole, imo. A lot of mysteries still need to be solved from RDR...
You could watch a RDR recap video to get on track a little, but it’s not needed to fully enjoy RDRII!
For example:
Recap is a great idea. It add some fun when you go "oh i know this guy" or "oh i wonder what happend to him!"
I played (and absolutely loved rdr1) but rdr2 is still a prequel not a sequel so recap should be sufficient.

I hate the clunky-ass gun play in this.:RANT: It's 2018 Rockstar. Time to create a better shooting system for your games.

Recap is a great idea. It add some fun when you go "oh i know this guy" or "oh i wonder what happend to him!"
I played (and absolutely loved rdr1) but rdr2 is still a prequel not a sequel so recap should be sufficient.
But, it helps s lot when you wanna know about JM... what happened before he settled down. Tried to. ;)
What about Rickets? Why got JE send to Mexico? Whats up with JM scars and what was he like before? Herbert Moon anyone? :)
I’d like to see these questions to get answered in RDRII!
So even it is a prequel, I wanna know so much. This western world by Rockstar got me hocked for years!
Can’t wait to play more. 3 days of holiday left...
Last night I totally „forgot“ to play some CL matches in PES! Last time I played it was Tuesday; athletico vs dortmund. Quiet some fun 2:1 win. Replayed it at EAs and na, not so much right now.

But let’s go back to the Wild West. Lot of mysteries to be solved, animals to be hunt and a hell lot of fellas to be send to heaven. :)

Had a few drinks last night and did the saloon mission with Lenny and couldn't tell if I was more pissed in the game or in real life, really strange feeling

Whats wrong with shooting mechanics?

Rockstar's known for their crap shooting mechanics and not much has changed. Definitely agree about that. It's pretty disappointing, especially with how superb and advanced the game world is, that they've hardly updating their combat system. Like plenty of others have said, they really should've just adopted the Max Payne combat system for the rest of their games. No idea why they didn't.

Chapter 4. It's action packed I suppose but it just feels like a lot of the missions are a bit samey... Probably doesn't help that I dislike the shooting mechanics.

Have you adjusted the settings at all? As soon as I booted it up I switched it to free aim and FPS controls, plus adopted this guy's other settings:

I agree combat isn't the best but changing the settings, especially getting off the crazy easy assisted lock ons, has helped me enjoy it more. But yeah, combat isn't Rockstar's strength. I guess instead of trying to address one of their weaknesses, they instead just went all in on what they excel at - world building, immersion, and narrative.

Rockstar's known for their crap shooting mechanics and not much has changed. Definitely agree about that. It's pretty disappointing, especially with how superb and advanced the game world is, that they've hardly updating their combat system. Like plenty of others have said, they really should've just adopted the Max Payne combat system for the rest of their games. No idea why they didn't.

Have you adjusted the settings at all? As soon as I booted it up I switched it to free aim and FPS controls, plus adopted this guy's other settings:

I agree combat isn't the best but changing the settings, especially getting off the crazy easy assisted lock ons, has helped me enjoy it more. But yeah, combat isn't Rockstar's strength. I guess instead of trying to address one of their weaknesses, they instead just went all in on what they excel at - world building, immersion, and narrative.
That’s the settings I am using too! Much better.

Rockstar's known for their crap shooting mechanics and not much has changed
Well i dont know what Rockstar is known for, but i know that RdR1 had one of the best shooting mechanics and physics i have ever played in this kind of game. I used to constantly look for bandits camps just to have some shootouts. Not much have changed here. They even upped their game.
I adjusted some settings as per people recommendations at the start of the game, so i dont really know how it is on default, but i enjoy it a lot.
This is not Max Payne or Battlefield. Its open world Third Person Action/Adventure game and shooting is very decent for this sort of game.
Look at Elder Scrolls for example. They do their games for ages now and fighting mechanism is one of the worst in business. Im never able to play anything else than an archer as sword fights are so shite.
Kingdom Come Deliverance did better job and they are just a small team from Czech Republic.
Also, I loved Uncharted series but shooting in there was so damn dull.
GTAV fucked up on physics and shooting. Granted. It was boring, joyless and shot in the foot was killing a person.

In here i have smoking guns, nice ragdoll physics, body parts flying around and wounded people trying to crawl away, leaving bloody trace. Happy days!

Back
Top Bottom