Toni Kroos

Sturm:
Stefan Kießling
Mario Gomez
Miroslav Klose
Thomas Müller
Cacau
Lukas Podolski

we have a very young and extreme offensive squad for this tournament.
Some fantastic young talent in there.

Actually Anelka is the best right now, that's true. Should be France's #1 striker.

Gignac like most of Toulouse hasn't had a very good season but he is a good striker. Cisse has had a very good yer in Greece so he arguably deserves to be i it too and Henry well... he'd be there as one of the experienced men anyway unless he was really crap like Vieira which he hasn't gotten that crap yet.

Benzema should still be there. His season hasn't even been as bad as some say. He had some injury problems, and of course Higuain and Ronaldo were on fire. When he did play, he showed 50% of what he's capable of but that was still some good moments and some nice goals.

It'd be sad to see him not there but hey Cambiasso is apparently not gonna be there either and a bunch of other great players so he's not alone.

p.s. German squad is so far the only one I've seen that I don't have any major gripes with. I like it a lot. I would of course have included Kuranyi especially after this season he again silenced critics and showed just how effective a striker he can be and a presence in the box. But whatever, he was stupid to do what he did a couple years ago and I suppose Low and co. still haven't fully gotten over that and thought he's not worth it. I would've liked to see him in there but it's not a big deal.

ARGENTINA - 30 jugadores

ARQUEROS:

MARIANO ANDUJAR - Catania (Italia)
SERGIO ROMERO - Az Alkmaar (Holanda)
DIEGO POZO - Colón de Santa Fe (Argentina)

DEFENSORES:

NICOLAS BURDISSO - Roma (Italia)
FABRICIO COLOCCINI - Newcastle (Inglaterra)
MARTIN DEMICHELIS - Bayern Munich (Alemania)
ARIEL GARCE - Colón de Santa Fe (Argentina)
GABRIEL HEINZE - Olympique de Marsella (Francia)
JUAN MANUEL INSAURRALDE - Newell's Old Boys (Argentina)
NICOLAS OTAMENDI - Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina)
CLEMENTE RODRIGUEZ - Estudiantes de la Plata
WALTER SAMUEL - Inter de Milán (Italia)

MEDIOCAMPISTAS:

SEBASTIAN BLANCO - Lanús (Argentina)
MARIO BOLATTI - Fiorentina (Italia)
JESUS DATOLO - Olympiakos (Grecia)
ANGEL DI MARIA - Benfica (Portugal)
JONAS GUTIERREZ - Newcastle United (Inglaterra)
JAVIER MASCHERANO - Liverpool (Inglaterra)
JUAN IGNACIO MERCIER - Argentinos Juniors (Argentina)
JAVIER PASTORE - Palermo (Italia)
MAXIMILIANO RODRIGUEZ - Liverpool (Inglaterra)
JOSE SOSA - Estudiantes de La Plata (Argentina)
JUAN SEBASTIAN VERON - Estudiantes de La Plata (Argentina)

DELANTEROS:

SERGIO AGÜERO - Atlético de Madrid (España)
GONZALO HIGUAIN - Real Madrid (España)
EZEQUIEL LAVEZZI - Nápoli (Italia)
LIONEL MESSI - Barcelona (España)
DIEGO MILITO - Inter de Milan (Italia)
MARTIN PALERMO - Boca Juniors (Argentina)
CARLOS TEVEZ - Manchester City (Inglaterra)

OUT: Zanetti, Gago, Cambiasso.

Last edited:
Korea Republic 2010 World Cup Reserve Entry List

GYH2010043000070004400_P2.jpg

Head Coach : HUH Jung Moo

GK
LEE Woon Jae (Suwon Bluewings/Korea Republic)
JUNG Sung Ryong (Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma/Korea Republic)
KIM Young Kwang (Ulsan Hyundai Horangi/Korea Republic)

DF
LEE Young Pyo (Al Hilal/Saudi Arabia)
KIM Dong Jin (Ulsan Hyundai Horangi/Korea Republic)
Oh Beom Seok (Ulsan Hyundai Horangi/Korea Republic)
CHA Du Ri (SC Freiburg/Germany)
CHO Yong Hyung (Jeju United/Korea Republic)
LEE Jung Soo (Kashima Antlers/Japan)
KWAK Tae Hwi (Kyoto Sanga/Japan)
KANG Min Soo (Suwon Bluewings/Korea Republic)
KIM Hyung Il (Pohang Steelers/Korea Republic)
HWANG Jae Won (Pohang Steelers/Korea Republic)

MF
PARK Ji Sung (Manchester United/England)
LEE Chung Yong (Bolton Wanderers/England)
KI Sung Yueng (Celtic/Scotland)
YEOM Ki Hun (Suwon Bluewings/Korea Republic)
CHO Won Hee (Suwon Bluewings/Korea Republic)
KIM Jung Woo (Gwangju Sangmu Bulsajo/Korea Republic)
KIM Nam Il (Tom Tomsk/Russia)
KOO Ja Cheol (Jeju United/Korea Republic)
KIM Chi Woo (FC Seoul/Korea Republic)
SHIN Hyung Min (Pohang Steelers/Korea Republic)
KIM Jae Sung (Pohang Steelers/Korea Republic)
KIM Bo Kyung (Oita Trinita/Japan)

FW
PARK Chu Young (AS Monaco/France)
AHN Jung Hwan (Dalian Shide/China PR)
LEE Dong Gook (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors/Korea Republic)
LEE Kean Ho (Jubilo Iwata/Japan)
LEE Seung Yeoul (FC Seoul/Korea Republic)

No Cambiasso and no Zanetti in Argentina?!? :SHOCK:

As for France, maybe Domenech thinks Benzema is of the wrong zodiac sign? :LOL:

And Robinho does perform well for the Seleção, I'll give him that. Brazil doesn't have too much firepower up front, but great keeper, defense and backups! Thiago Silva, Luizão, Dani Alves, Gomes... Well, offensively I can still see Luis Fabiano, Robinho and Grafite doing the job. I'm not a big fan of Dunga, but he called a cohesive squad that has a great chance to lift the Cup and left out the "bad characters" such as Ronaldinho and Adriano, which will make the group more united.

As for Pato, Dunga wouldn't call him anyway after what happened at the Olympic Games. Him, Ronaldinho and Marcelo from Real Madrid lost the manager's confidence there.

ARGENTINA - 30 jugadores

ARQUEROS:

MARIANO ANDUJAR - Catania (Italia)
SERGIO ROMERO - Az Alkmaar (Holanda)
DIEGO POZO - Colón de Santa Fe (Argentina)

DEFENSORES:

NICOLAS BURDISSO - Roma (Italia)
FABRICIO COLOCCINI - Newcastle (Inglaterra)
MARTIN DEMICHELIS - Bayern Munich (Alemania)
ARIEL GARCE - Colón de Santa Fe (Argentina)
GABRIEL HEINZE - Olympique de Marsella (Francia)
JUAN MANUEL INSAURRALDE - Newell's Old Boys
NICOLAS OTAMENDI - Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina)
CLEMENTE RODRIGUEZ - Estudiantes de la Plata
WALTER SAMUEL - Inter de Milán (Italia)

MEDIOCAMPISTAS:

SEBASTIAN BLANCO - Lanús (Argentina)
MARIO BOLATTI - Fiorentina (Italia)
JESUS DATOLO - Olympiakos (Grecia)
ANGEL DI MARIA - Benfica (Portugal)
JONAS GUTIERREZ - Newcastle United (Inglaterra)
JAVIER MASCHERANO - Liverpool (Inglaterra)
JUAN IGNACIO MERCIER - Argentinos Juniors (Argentina)
JAVIER PASTORE - Palermo (Italia)
MAXIMILIANO RODRIGUEZ - Liverpool (Inglaterra)
JOSE SOSA - Estudiantes de La Plata (Argentina)
JUAN SEBASTIAN VERON - Estudiantes de La Plata (Argentina)

DELANTEROS:

I hope the defence and the midfield can keep up with the offence. what about marcos angeleri for the RB position? he was great last year but then had a serious injury. I really love palermo but if a striker playing in argentina deserved a call then it was surely boselli. anyway, I think palermo will not be part of the final squad.

Lavezzi, Palermo and no Lisandro :TTTH:

Last edited:
I hope the defence and the midfield can keep up with the offence. what about marcos angeleri for the RB position? he was great last year but then had a serious injury. I really love palermo but if a striker playing in argentina deserved a call then it was surely boselli. anyway, I think palermo will not be part of the final squad.

It's sad, but Angeleri not playing well after injury. Palermo is confirmed for World Cup.

What happened?

At the Olympics in Beijing 2008, a small section of players, most notably Ronaldinho, Pato and Marcelo, didn't behave well and didn't show enough commitment, so all of them got "burned" with Dunga. The only one who could get a second chance is Marcelo, but I don't think he will go.

Ronaldinho not training isn't really news, but he was very casual about losing, didn't care enough and even was talking in his mobile while receiving the bronze medal at the official ceremony! Shocking lack of respect and sportsmanship

Pato thought he was the star of the team, didn't show commitment and didn't celebrate Brazil's goals, especially when seating in the bench. Some sources say that he didn't have good relations with other players as well.

So Dunga, who was captain and leader during his time as player, is quick to notice such things. I'm not a big fan of his style but I gotta agree with Dunga's selection. He called only the players who really want to be there to give their best and win.

PS: Robinho is only there because he really has a different attitude when playing for Brazil, he dedicates more, tracks back a lot to help defence, etc.

Last edited:
I find it strange that Cacau will be playing for Germany!!!!!!

Yeah, he got the German citizenship not long ago. First it was Kuranyi, who was born in Brazil, now Cacau... I think the Germans like to have a piece of Brazil in their squads :)

Yeah, he got the German citizenship not long ago. First it was Kuranyi, who was born in Brazil, now Cacau... I think the Germans like to have a piece of Brazil in their squads :)

Not only Brazil, we have a lot immigrated players. ;)

Andreas Beck - Born in Russia
Serdar Tasci - Half Turkish
Dennis Aogo - Half Nigerian
Jerome Boateng - Half Ghana
Sami Khedira - Half Tunisia
Piotr Trochowski - Half Polish
Marko Marin - Born in Bosnia
Mesut Özil - Half Turkish
Mario Gomez - Half Spain
Miroslav Klose - Born in Poland
Cacau - Born in Brazil
Lukas Podolski - Born in Poland

Not only Brazil, we have a lot immigrated players. ;)

Andreas Beck - Born in Russia
Serdar Tasci - Half Turkish
Dennis Aogo - Half Nigerian
Jerome Boateng - Half Ghana
Sami Khedira - Half Tunisia
Piotr Trochowski - Half Polish
Marko Marin - Born in Bosnia
Mesut Özil - Half Turkish
Mario Gomez - Half Spain
Miroslav Klose - Born in Poland
Cacau - Born in Brazil
Lukas Podolski - Born in Poland

Nothing wrong with being "half", as long as they were born in Germany.
I was aware of Miroslav Klose and Lucas Podolski being Polish. Good players but nowhere near as good as those classic German strikers such as Voeller, Klinsmann and Bierhoff! :)

I can't wait to see the Boateng brothers play against each other in the match
Germany vs Ghana, this could be fantastic. Jerome for Germany and Kevin-Prince
for Ghana. :)

Anyway Brazil isn't blessed with the great forwards as of right now anyway though.

Specially if you compare with Argentina, their options there are ridiculous, but still I think Brazil is more prepared now than Argentina.
I'm only concerned when Brazil faces the ones like Portugal and Cote D'Ivore who I bet gonna show a lot of 'respect' and Brazil will need a spark.
But like you said, there are not many options there, it is what it is now.
Its not like I'm a devoted fan of national football, I'm pretty neutral in that departement I'm loving the fact theres no one that good now.

About Dunga, I don't care what criteria he is using to call the players, its all about what he will do in that month, with players he trust or not.
He needs to show that he can turn that team into something else if a game is not going well, all he got in his sleeve is the solid defence and the counter attacks. Oh and the famous put Dani Alves as a RMF and make him cross and run for his life.
Not that just these two won't work, it totally could against the ones like Spain.

Kuranyi is a weird case isn't he like from Panama/Brazil/Somewhere I can't remeber.
What bothers me are guys with no heritage at all.

I don't get it, what bothers you about it?

Nothing much, I just find a bit weird when I see guys who 'only' relation they have to the country is that they lived there for a long time like Deco and Liedson for example.

Now you take those bunch of players from Algeria that were born in France, I don't find weird at all.

But now that you made me think about, yea its a stupid thing to assume, pheraps those guys with heritage never even visited their 'home'.

I agree with your initial thoughts Sauce. I think it's cheating in a way.

England can call up Mikel Arteta, Manuel Almunia and Charles N'Zogbia if we want but we're not going to as the only link is how long they lived here without getting a call for their real nation.

I wish we would've called up Arteta though, the guy is a genius.

He really is... evan on the stellar Spain nt imo he should have a spot(for the bench at first offcourse)his performances at CM are superb, nothing far from Xabi's best days, the only issue is that Mikel cant defend like Xabi(although he aint bad on that neither), that would than qualify him for fighting agaisnt Xavi, where we all agree he has no shot.

Last edited:
Argentine picked IMO the worse squad of the entire world cup...leaving out cambiasso and zanetti make no sense at all...

diego will regret it...he picked only 3 central midfielders that is capable of playing at that level... plus he forgot about Ever banega... and have picked 11 strikers/wingers...how he is going to play a world cup with 11 striker/wingers?

Diego is on drug or is playing pes 2010 cause I have no idea what he is doing...

source also state that diego milito is favorite to be dropped.

he picked a slow collocini that get burned by championship opposition...and a gutierez well playing championship footballl is not enough no matther how good you are to be picked by a top class nation for a world cup over legends.

I had to get it off my chest =p ahah

Arteta was never called by Spain?

Common lazyFroken Argentine's attack is probably the best of this World Cup I even rate Palermo highly.

Back
Top Bottom