Road to World Cup 2010

Akinfeev is not a great keeper and also Pogrebnyak has bad injuries. The Russian players are good, and there are better young players coming up (Gatagov, Dzagoev, Bukharov) so in the future it's possible.

Best: Luis Fabiano(just because Tony Hibbert isnt competing!)
Revelation: Michel Bastos(just because Tony Hibbert isnt competing!)
Disappointment: The no go of Tony Hibbert by Capello.... than Argentina(not that i expect anything from them anyway) or Spain

What do you think? who the best keeper in Russia and how you see the starting line-up of team Russia???

I think Gabulov or maybe Ryzhikov are almost as good at Akinfeev, and I think both are stronger mentally - Akinfeev still has lapses in the biggest games. Last year for instance he had a problem in Baku.

I think Russia should be:

Ryzhikov,
-
Zhirkov,
Kolodin,
Vasili Berez.,
Gatagov,
-
Ziryianov,
Denisov,
Arshavin,
Dzagoev,
-
Pogrebnyak,
Bukharov,

Much depends on if Hiddink stays, and if he goes who replaces him, maybe Gurban Berdiyev?

I think Gabulov or maybe Ryzhikov are almost as good at Akinfeev, and I think both are stronger mentally - Akinfeev still has lapses in the biggest games. Last year for instance he had a problem in Baku.

I think Russia should be:

Ryzhikov,
-
Zhirkov,
Kolodin,
Vasili Berez.,
Gatagov,
-
Ziryianov,
Denisov,
Arshavin,
Dzagoev,
-
Pogrebnyak,
Bukharov,

Much depends on if Hiddink stays, and if he goes who replaces him, maybe Gurban Berdiyev?

what?!
What about Bilya!??

Hiddink officially said, that he won't sign a new contract with Russian Football federation...
it's a real dissapointment to me.

Bilaletdine is a good player but it is difficult to accomadate him in the optimal system for Russia. He is better from the bench to be brought on for the last 20 mins to change a game. I dont know about Sychev, I think his time has passed and new players with more hunger, more desire, more passion are vital. I think the Rubin players like Bukharov, maybe even Raiyzantsev would be good for the national team. Also Anzhi Makhachkala are in the RPL this season and they have some very good Dagestani players, like Agalarov and Mamayev - these could be special players, it was better years ago when it was the USSR team and players could be called from all regions. But such days of prosperity and brotherhood have gone and we must deal with the new reality even if one can look back with fondness on days gone by.

It is sad about Hiddink, but hopefully Russia can get another world class manager who can also take the team forward. Australia managed to replace Hiddink, Russia can too!

Last edited:
i think our team dont can playin defense and have so little realise their moments.its bad.what do you think can helps to our team?

30 French

- Carasso
- Landreau
- Lloris
- Mandanda

- Abidal
- Clichy
- Evra
- Fanni
- Gallas
- Planus
- Rami
- Réveillère
- Sagna
- Squillacci

- Diaby
- A Diarra
- L Diarra
- M'vila
- Malouda
- Toulalan
- Gourcuff

- Anelka
- Ben Arfa
- Briand
- Cissé
- Gignac
- Govou
- Henry
- Ribéry
- Valbuena

No Benzema, Nasri and Vieira

Last edited:
Brazil roster so far:

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan, Italy), Doni (AS Roma, Italy), Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham, England)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona, Spain), Juan (AS Roma, Italy), Maicon (Inter Milan, Italy), Michel Bastos (Lyon, France), Gilberto (Cruzeiro), Lucio (Inter Milan, Italy), Luisao (Benfica, Portugal), Thiago Silva (AC Milan, Italy)

Midfielders: Elano (Galatasaray, Turkey), Felipe Melo (Juventus, Brazil), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos, Greece), Josue (Wolfsburg, Germany), Julio Baptista (AS Roma, Italy), Kaka (Real Madrid, Spain), Kleberson (Flamengo), Ramires (Benfica, Portugal)

Forwards: Grafite (Wolfsburg, Germany), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla, Spain), Nilmar (Villarreal, Spain), Robinho (Santos)

Thoughts?

Benzema was afraid to transfer because he was afraid to lose his WC spot. He must be crushed.

If Benzema is not in the list, it's because Domenech is punishing him for his behaviour with Les Bleus the last year.

Where is Gourcuff :CONFUSE:

edit: Ahh, he is in but ThomasGoal forgot him in his list ;)

Ooops, bad copy paste ^^

i'm really disapointed about Benzema, for my the best French striker by far, but don't play enough with Real and i think the priority of Domenech about him is the character of the player...

30 Americano

GK:
Brad Guzan (Aston Villa)
Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton)
Tim Howard (Everton)

Defnders:
Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes)
Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA)
Steve Cherundolo (Hannover)
Jay DeMerit (Watford)
Clarence Goodson (IK Start)
Chad Marshall (Columbus)
Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan)
Heath Pearce (Dallas)
Jonathan Spector (West Ham).

Midfielders:
DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers)*shocking
Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro)
Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Clint Dempsey (Fulham)
Landon Donovan (Los Angeles)
Maurice Edu (Rangers)
Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus)
Stuart Holden (Bolton)
Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA)
Robbie Rogers (Columbus)
Jose Torres (Pachuca).

Forwards:
Jozy Altidore (Hull)
Edson Buddle (Los Angeles)
Brian Ching (Houston)
Robbie Findley (Salt Lake)
Herculez Gomez (Puebla)
Eddie Johnson (Aris).

NO Charlie Davies(Sochaux):( :(

I am kind of sad that Pato and Diego didn't make the Brasillian squad. We seem to be quite weak in the attacking department. I understand that they weren't that great this season, but they could provide some spark in the WC (well, same could be said with Ronaldinho who had a nice season in AC, but kind of past his time)

Yet, i'm hopeful that Grafite and Nilmar can turn a few heads!

Goddamn!!

No Pato! No Benzema! WTF!

Glad to see Vieira not being included though and Ronaldinho shouldn't really be there either. Diego, it's a real shame but his season like most of Juve's didn't really go well did it? Still... I think some players are TOO great to leave out even if their season wasn't great like Karim or Diego!

Nasri, well he doesn't deserve to be there to be honest either. He's not stepped it up as much as expected and France does have better options at this time.

I'm with you Thomas though that despite not a good season (tho it wasn't BAD either like some say), Karim IS France's #1 striker! The very best. So the fact that you have like 7 strikers in there but no Karim, it's ridiculous! But yah I guess f'n Domenech is trying to punish him just like Germany doesn't consider Kuranyi even after this marvelous season.

Overall there are many exclusions I'm not happy about and many quality players will be missing out on this world cup. On the other hand, some inclusions are nice to see as well as some exclusions like Vieira who REALLY is like 1/10th the player he used to be and by no means deserved to be in squad anymore.

Nah Diaby shouldn't be there either. Not good enough as of right now. There are a few players there like Abou who should and probably will get cut. After all this is a preliminary 30 man squad.

No Pato while f'n Robinho gets a place of course! :LOL:

I hope this has something to do with injuries/fitness of Pato otherwise it doesn't make sense. And I get the feeling, Robinho can do be the crappiest player but in Brazil, there'd be chaos if he wasn't selected.

Anyway Brazil isn't blessed with the great forwards as of right now anyway though. Probably one of the poorest times in the history of Selecao in terms of forwards, so I can understand his inclusion but not at the expense of Pato.

Whatever, Fabiano and Grafite should still give them enough firepower.

Germany 2010

Tor:
Manuel Neuer
Hans-Jörg Butt
Tim Wiese

Abwehr:
Andreas Beck
Serdar Tasci
Marcell Jansen
Arne Friedrich
Holger Badstuber
Dennis Aogo
Jerome Boateng
Per Mertesacker
Heiko Westermann
Philipp Lahm

Mittelfeld:
Michael Ballack
Sami Khedira
Piotr Trochowski
Marko Marin
Mesut Özil
Christian Träsch
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Toni Kroos

Sturm:
Stefan Kießling
Mario Gomez
Miroslav Klose
Thomas Müller
Cacau
Lukas Podolski

we have a very young and extreme offensive squad for this tournament.

i'm really disapointed about Benzema, for my the best French striker by far, but don't play enough with
Anelka is a far better striker than Benzema. And to be honest, he didn't do anything to warrant a place in the squad this year. That said, I still would have taken him because he's young and it would have been a nice experience. He's definitely a player to look forward to, but at the moment he wouldn't bring anything special to the French squad. Anelka, Gignac and Cissé would probably do a better job.

I'm suprised that Nasri wasn't included. He really should be in that list, even if he didn't make it at the WC.

Back
Top Bottom