Russia World Cup 2018 Thread

Very entertaining first half in the last match, absolutely dire second half, thankfully for England they got it at the death, should qualify with Belgium

To be fair England should have had two pens. But the lack of ideas in the second half should be worrying for them.

Sterling did something tonight. He attracted most of the flying bugs in the stadium so that his team mates can be free from them. The flies seem to like him only, though I don't know the reason why.

Sterling did something tonight. He attracted most of the flying bugs in the stadium so that his team mates can be free from them. The flies seem to like him only, though I don't know the reason why.

This is the sort of bolloxology everyone in the British Isles will have to put up with until Engerland lose to the Germans in their traditional quarter final ending. :SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...erling-no-10-england-world-cup-shirt-numbers/

Messi, Neymar, Salah......errrrrr Sterling ? :WASTED:

Sterling is so frustrating. I think a goal would do his confidence a load of good.
Kane seems to be the only one who knows what to do in the box. So glad he's not taking the corners this time!

Tunisia were a disgrace which is a shame because some of their play was good.
Some really scummy play on show. I was more angry with their blatant Wrestlemania moves, not moving ten yards from the free kick taker, constant surrounding of the referee and their rolling around on the floor (on one occasion after a ball hit a player on the side, get the fuck up) - than I was happy with the win. Because cheats DO prosper and if not for one poor marking job, it would have been a draw.

My worry now from an England perspective is, do all the teams we play from now on go Hulk Hogan on us, knowing that nothing will be done?

This was the referee that, before the game, the commentator was saying had dished out loads of red cards in his domestic league before flying out to the World Cup...

I wasn't even angry. It was almost laughable how bad the decisions were. They even said that they checked VAR! That player holding his chest when the ball didn't hit him there! I hate holding grudges against teams and players but for a while now I will look out for Tunisia results and hope they fail. Not cool at all.

Some really scummy play on show. I was more angry with their blatant Wrestlemania moves, not moving ten yards from the free kick taker, constant surrounding of the referee and their rolling around on the floor (on one occasion after a ball hit a player on the side, get the fuck up) - than I was happy with the win. Because cheats DO prosper and if not for one poor marking job, it would have been a draw.

My worry now from an England perspective is, do all the teams we play from now on go Hulk Hogan on us, knowing that nothing will be done?

This was the referee that, before the game, the commentator was saying had dished out loads of red cards in his domestic league before flying out to the World Cup...

The media in England do go on alot about the referees and officials somehow always being against them, but then you have to wonder if that hysterical paranoid "everyone hates us" post-colonial attitude is a kind of self-defeating psychology that is always bound to come true.

Sort of like the paranoid chap who always thinks he is being followed and gets crushed by a car while looking for the non-existent stalker.

Sorry to be all freud so early on. :BLINK:

I wasn't even angry. It was almost laughable how bad the decisions were. They even said that they checked VAR! That player holding his chest when the ball didn't hit him there! I hate holding grudges against teams and players but for a while now I will look out for Tunisia results and hope they fail. Not cool at all.

I must say I like how the VAR is being handled by the refs, it is treated only as a last resort, as it should be. Do we really want football to turn into flippin' cricket with its endless delays and breaks in play for reviews, you have to be an alcoholic to survive a day of that stuff. :CENSOR:

De Gea need change his hair style, he seen looks like Karius :P. CR7's hattrick this match's 51st hattrick of him career also it's 51st hattrick in World Cup history wow :APPLAUD:

De Gea also needs to grow about a foot taller and wider. And get rid of the facial teenage minge thing. Big Sam and I are not impressed. :NONO:

The problem with the corner grappling is every season they say they are going to clamp down on it and in the first couple of games it's done and then it gradually drifts back to normal again. All it needs is one weekend of about 25 penalties and then it would stop.

The ref can't see everything and watch the ball but that is where VAR should come into it's own but if they are going to watch a replay of Kane being grabbed round the waist and pulled to the ground by a player not even looking at the ball and still not give it then what's the point? Having said that I don't think blaming the referee had we not won would have been relevant given the clear cut chances we already missed.

I don't get playing Walker at centre back either, he isn't and never has been a centre back.

As for Sterling he is massively over rated in my opinion. A number 10 my arse! Talking of number 10's, not that he actually was number 10 :BLINK: I was very impressed with that Milinkovic-Savic of Serbia, looks a class player with a real eye for a killer pass. Just a shame he has a championship level finisher in Mitrovic (who does all other forward play really well) that he's feeding.

@mattmid , Let's get behind Japan mate, you are bewildered by England :SHAKE: and Ireland are not there. :CRY:The home of PES is our spiritual homeland and they always do better than expected.
The samurai tradition on the football pitch. :PRAY::PRAY::PRAY:

This is the sort of bolloxology everyone in the British Isles will have to put up with until Engerland lose to the Germans in their traditional quarter final ending. :SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...erling-no-10-england-world-cup-shirt-numbers/

More like this: Di Maria, Dembele...... errrrr Sterling?
I mean... that's who I compare Sterling with.
Those players who could be among the best but they'll always be somewhat hated because of their irregularity and their body language doesn't help them either.

Nice free kick from Columbia but it shouldn't have been a free kick to begin with. That VAR system is something else.

Article doesn't mention any of those players. You're the one talking bollox. It's just a number.

An integral part in the most successful english league campaign in history, but, yea, let's act like he's some chump.

He wasn't great last night but he wasn't the only one. Of course tho he's the one everyone concentrates on. Brainwashed by the tabloids

Russia - Egypt tonight, first round is over. Had a quick look at the groups and the likeliest final is England vs. France

Can we take that now Islander. :D

Salah is starting then. I wonder how long before he gets knocked over to 'test' his shoulder! If he's fit surely he's going to test that Russian defence.

Not really sure what to make of Russia, they've played two poor teams really but at the same time you can only beat what you are up against.

8 goals though is impressive. Best ever start by a host nation.
Will be interesting to see how they do against Uruguay.

Article doesn't mention any of those players. You're the one talking bollox. It's just a number.

An integral part in the most successful english league campaign in history, but, yea, let's act like he's some chump.

He wasn't great last night but he wasn't the only one. Of course tho he's the one everyone concentrates on. Brainwashed by the tabloids

I did not mean to be offensive to Sterling so much as the stupidity of the tabloid press and how they big a player up before tearing him to pieces the following week.

And England can't keep the ball for toffee, and that is all eleven players' fault.

8 goals though is impressive. Best ever start by a host nation.
Will be interesting to see how they do against Uruguay.

They will both have to face either Spain or Portugal in the last 16, and while Uruguay could turn one of these over, I doubt Russia can beat much more than cannon fodder.

Not really sure what to make of Russia, they've played two poor teams really but at the same time you can only beat what you are up against.

Me neither @mattmid , but worth a note of how many awful teams are in just a 32 team World Cup.
I would say at least ten look too poor for the great stage. I mean Egypt and Poland today joined those ranks.

Can you all imagine how horrendous Qatar 2022 will be if FIFA bring forward the increased number of 48 teams four years early ? :COAT::COAT::COAT::COAT:

I agree, as we all know it's all about money and nothing else. 48 is just ridiculous, 32 is proving too many. If anything they should go back to 24.

I think they should have a separate competition like a world cup for the smaller nations who are unable to compete with the established countries. I don't mean that to be patronising in any way, I think this would also help bring them on because they'd actually be able to approach the game with a mentality of trying to win it rather than just looking to keep the score down or get 10 behind the ball and hope for a set piece to nick it. I'm sure it would be more enjoyable for the players as well rather than chasing shadows for 90 minutes. A competition with the likes of San Marino, Andorra, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands and so on. The pool of players to pick from makes it very difficult for them to ever have enough decent players at the same time to compete with the bigger nations. Which makes what Iceland are doing these past few years even more remarkable in my book

I agree, as we all know it's all about money and nothing else. 48 is just ridiculous, 32 is proving too many. If anything they should go back to 24.

I think they should have a separate competition like a world cup for the smaller nations who are unable to compete with the established countries. I don't mean that to be patronising in any way, I think this would also help bring them on because they'd actually be able to approach the game with a mentality of trying to win it rather than just looking to keep the score down or get 10 behind the ball and hope for a set piece to nick it. I'm sure it would be more enjoyable for the players as well rather than chasing shadows for 90 minutes. A competition with the likes of San Marino, Andorra, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands and so on. The pool of players to pick from makes it very difficult for them to ever have enough decent players at the same time to compete with the bigger nations. Which makes what Iceland are doing these past few years even more remarkable in my book

And talking of money and greed. Sepp Blatter, the lingerie salesman turned global football boss turned corrupt old buffer is the official guest today of Vlad the Invader at the World Cup.

What a wonderful organisation FIFA is. :SICK::SICK::SICK:

Panini are agree
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom