Sony PlayStation 3

Re: Sony PlayStation 3 & 4

Bought the Vita earphones last night to use with the DS4,controller. Other people have commented how good the sound is and it has a mute function, as well as being cheap.

PS4 Is the First Device in the World to Include New DTS-HD Master Audio|7.1 Decoder

PS4DTSHD-670x401.jpg

DTS, Inc. announced with a press release that PS4 owners have something extra to look forward to from their new console in terms of audio fidelity, as the PS4 is the very first consumer electronics device in the world to include the new and shiny DTS-HD Master Audio|7.1 decoder.

The new decoder allows the delivery of 7.1 audio data at the enormous bit rate of 512 Kb per seconds, which basically means that streamed audio will be as near as possible to lossless, provided that the user has a high-bandwidth internet connection.

DTS Executive Vice President and COO Brian Towne accompanied the press release with a statement:

"Today, there are more than a couple of ways for consumers to access and enjoy entertainment content. Millions of consumers rely on their gaming consoles to serve as their hub for accessing digital content services, holding the expectation that these devices will deliver the same quality video and audio experience that they receive when gaming or watching Blu-ray discs. By featuring DTS’ new DTS-HD Master Audio|7.1 technology, PS4 owners will be able to enjoy the same high-definition 7.1 surround sound experience received on Blu-ray from streaming and VOD services."

Below you can find an official description of the feature:

"DTS-HD Master Audio|7.1 is the latest delivery profile under the DTS-HD technology portfolio of advanced audio solutions for next-generation content. Designed to deliver the highest quality surround sound experience possible from both physical and digital media,this new decoder supports streamed and downloaded content featuring DTS-HD-encoded audio tracks, as well as optical disc media with soundtracks produced in all DTS formats including DTS-HD Master Audio."

Looks like audiophiles will finally be able to enjoy the sound of streamed content without cringing too much, and the PS4 will be the first device to provide that kind of quality. Not too shabby for a 400 bucks gaming console.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11...o-include-new-dts-hd-master-audio7-1-decoder/

Just got an email from Tesco saying my FIFA 14 for PS4 has been dispatched, least I will get that for launch as Toys r Us still have not confirmed when I will receive the console.

I need to buy PSN+

I believe there is a sale on in the USA (black Friday)

and you can get 12 months PSN+ for $29

is there anyway I can buy this so the code is delivered?

I have a credit card with dollars on I can use

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/22/black-friday-deals-for-ps3-ps-vita-and-ps-plus/

I am not sure how it is going to work, but I buy loads of PC game codes from amazon and they give you the CD-Key.

I hope they do the same with the PS+ codes because if it is as cheap as $29 then I will too purchase them.
If it needs to be delivered though I will ask one of the Americans I know to buy it for me.

Tony over at CAG already confirmed Amazon will be matching the PS+ deal with digital codes.

clnleYv.png

bsmaff

what do we need to do>?

bsmaff

what do we need to do>?

Not sure about the PSN+ deal on PlayStation Network or wherever it is.

But I have a fake American address on amazon I use that allows me to buy games from them.
I could get an American friend to buy me a couple of codes of the PlayStation site.

Well, you guys know that if you buy the PSN+ USA code it will only work in the USA PSN, right?

Mid October I think, but I went to my account and paid for it last week, as I didn't want any payment error/employee fuck up this week.

Can find out if you want if you are worrying about yours?

Seems like there's some quality issues with the Dualshock 4s. My first controller I ended up exchanging because the L1 button started sticking. It didn't affect gameplay but was just annoying as hell. Now my replacement controller is doing the same thing.

I think it might have to do with where I'm hitting the button, which is typically slightly at an angle. When I hit it more flush, it doesn't seem to stick. Problem is, that's just the natural way I hit the button. (And when I say it sticks, I don't mean that it stays stuck, it just sort of clicks and pauses in the depressed position for a second.)

Then there's also a number of reports of the analog sticks wearing, which I've yet to experience.

I had that sticky issue on the Ds3, one of the bumpers and I think the triangle button. It eventually passed over time through wear and tear

PS Plus continues to be awesome as ever. I've recently finished Remember Me which I really liked, am halfway through Metal Gear Rising, and coming at the end of November is GRID 2, Guacamelee!, GTA Liberty stories, as well as Resogun and Contrast on PS4.

Shopto emailed me today to say it's packed and ready to ship on Thursday :) I'm glad they're using DPD to deliver, I was worried they might use City Link!

Back
Top Bottom