Sony PlayStation

So I just logged into an EA game to be welcomed by a Black Lives Matter notice.

What?! I just wanted to log in and play a game to distract me from all the BS in the world and I have to read this notice to get into the game.

Few points to computer games devs-
1. Everybody's life matters.
2. Black lives matter yet in the face of COVID folks are gathering in masses to protest. Am I the only one that sees the irony? Your trivial notices that bear no connection to the game I play only feed this irony (and its lethality).
3. Keep current politics out my games or I'll stop playing your game and your new consoles can go suck a big one.
4. You dicks.

Reponses below.

1. Everybody's life already mattered/matters, so our Black brothers and sisters need our support now more than ever! Their community is hurting, so by extension my white family and our relatively insular community should be hurting too and showing solidarity with them by highlighting the injustices taking place at the hands of the police as well as calling out other forms of overt and systemic racism when we see/hear it. Yes, I don't understand what they're going through, but my shared humanity demands that I/we walk with them through their pain.

2. You're comparing apples to oranges. Racism and its many forms have dominated Black lives in the US for over 400-plus years compared to a pandemic that has only been on our shores since late last year. To suppress the call for justice for Black lives, to require Black people and their allies to just sit idly by and not to protest the horrendous killing of a Black man...by the very people sworn to protect him...by a cop who put a knee on his neck and suffocated him...for 8 MINUTES AND 46 SECONDS...is the equivalent to disregarding all Black lives and sanctioning their lynching, even in the midst of a global pandemic. Silence makes us complicit and we've been silent for too long (myself included).

3. Politics affect every walk of life. That's a fact. For example, soccer/football/fútbol -- a sport that you and I probably love a lot given that we're part of the Evo-Web community -- is rife with politics that have shaped rivalries and cultures for generations. And politics -- and racist policies -- have shaped and defined Black lives for (again) over 400-plus years in this country: couldn't own land; couldn't vote; couldn't own a home; couldn't go to school; had to go to separate schools; redlining; couldn't ride in the front of the bus; couldn't drink from certain water fountains; couldn't sit at the counter in a diner; mandatory minimum sentences for misdemeanors that disproportionately send more Black people to jail...the list goes on and on and that's how it's always been for people of color. So having to watch a notice re: Black Lives Matter at the beginning of a game is trivial by comparison -- and that's me being extremely generous -- if that's your definition of "politics".

4. I hate EA and think they are one of the worst corporations in the world, but I sincerely hope they keep that notice for every iteration of whatever game you're playing until the end of time because it's apparently necessary for you to have to read it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Oh, and reported.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Reponses below.

1. Everybody's life already mattered/matters, so our Black brothers and sisters need our support now more than ever! They're community is hurting, so by extension my white family and our relatively insular community should be hurting too and showing solidarity with them by highlighting the injustices taking place at the hands of the police as well as calling out other forms of overt and systemic racism when we see/hear it. Yes, I don't understand what they're going through, but my shared humanity demands that I/we walk with them through their pain.

2. You're comparing apples to oranges. Racism and its many forms have dominated Black lives in the US for over 400-plus years compared to a pandemic that has only been on our shores since late last year. To suppress the call for justice for Black lives, to require Black people and their allies to just sit idly by and not to protest the horrendous killing of a Black man...by the very people sworn to protect him...by a cop who put a knee on his neck and suffocated him...for 8 MINUTES AND 46 SECONDS...is the equivalent to disregarding all Black lives and sanctioning their lynching, even in the midst of a global pandemic. Silence makes us complicit and we've been silent for too long (myself included).

3. Politics affect every walk of life. That's a fact. For example, soccer/football/fútbol -- a sport that you and I probably love a lot given that we're part of the Evo-Web community -- is rife with politics that have shaped rivalries and cultures for generations. And politics -- and racist policies -- have shaped and defined Black lives for (again) over 400-plus years in this country: couldn't own land; couldn't vote; couldn't own a home; couldn't go to school; had to go to separate schools; redlining; couldn't ride in the front of the bus; couldn't drink from certain water fountains; couldn't sit at the counter in a diner; mandatory minimum sentences for misdemeanors that disproportionately send more Black people to jail...the list goes on and on and that's how it's always been for people of color. So having to watch a notice re: Black Lives Matter at the beginning of a game is trivial by comparison -- and that's me being extremely generous -- if that's your definition of "politics".

4. I hate EA and think they are one of the worst corporations in the world, but I sincerely hope they keep that notice for every iteration of whatever game you're playing until the end of time because it's apparently necessary for you to have to read it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Oh, and reported.

okay pal....thanks for reporting me....let me take a mo to respond to that because you're not on my level of thinking.

Reponses below.

1. Everybody's life already mattered/matters, so our Black brothers and sisters need our support now more than ever! They're community is hurting, so by extension my white family and our relatively insular community should be hurting too and showing solidarity with them by highlighting the injustices taking place at the hands of the police as well as calling out other forms of overt and systemic racism when we see/hear it. Yes, I don't understand what they're going through, but my shared humanity demands that I/we walk with them through their pain.

Oh, and reported.

1. everybody's life matters

2. people are disobeying social distancing rules to protest while there's a deadly virus on the loose. black people and elderly folks at most at risk. I think black people's and elderly people lives matter, no? so tell me where are the ELDERLY LIVES MATTER protests?

3. politics is in every walk of life...perhaps. but there's no reason why it should be forced upon me in my games - unless of course that game is based on current politics e.g. like a Civ game or something.

4. The link EA have dished out is this : https://www.ea.com/en-gb/news/ea-actions-against-racial-injustice . In it they mention a global outcry for change. What if that change is already happening? What if the majority of us already know how to get on with each other and respect each other? The more the issue of racism is flagged up the more divided we become.

anyways made my point. you'll understand one day.

oh and I didn't report you.

Can we please stop the political ranting in the Playstation thread.

Sony have moved their live event due to the global situation.. Let's leave it there and let this thread be about all things PlayStation.

If you want a political discussion then create a new thread in other discussions.

One silver lining of this situation is that it somehow brings all the racists out in the open, doesn't it. Imagine complaining about a message of support to any oppressed peoples in a video-game. Imagine being annoyed by that. Check your fucking privilege.

Anyway, banned. As will anyone else be, who talks such horseshit. Let's get back on topic, please.

Can we please stop the political ranting in the Playstation thread.

Sony have moved their live event due to the global situation.. Let's leave it there and let this thread be about all things PlayStation.

If you want a political discussion then create a new thread in other discussions.

I had to check the threads title 3 times. I was wondering since i had exceptionally no drinks this morning either.

Alright lads, prediction time.

The event, when it eventually is held will include:

-A Spider-Man 2 teaser (will be far off)
-God of War 2 teaser (again, far off)
-horizon 1 Dawn, launch window, early next year at the latest
-No Knack 3
- Some franchise from ages ago gets a sequel or spin-off

-The PS5 is shown
- No price announced.

Pre-orders on all sites then will start next Friday..

I have one from Shopto.net - But really want to get it from Amazon.

Really hope they show of some new games, exclusive to PS5..
I would even take a few remasters - Last of Us 2 and Spiderman... Which like Xbox will be offered for free.

So I just logged into an EA game to be welcomed by a Black Lives Matter notice.

What?! I just wanted to log in and play a game to distract me from all the BS in the world and I have to read this notice to get into the game.

Few points to computer games devs-
1. Everybody's life matters.
2. Black lives matter yet in the face of COVID folks are gathering in masses to protest. Am I the only one that sees the irony? Your trivial notices that bear no connection to the game I play only feed this irony (and its lethality).
3. Keep current politics out my games or I'll stop playing your game and your new consoles can go suck a big one.
4. You dicks.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Is it really THAT difficult to share the frustration of so many for once?

Maybe slightly ambitious, but here are my predictions:

GAMEPLAY/TRAILERS
  • Holiday 2020: Horizon 2, Sly Cooper/Ratchet & Clank, GT7, Godfall, Astro Bot 2 + two to three other PSVR2 titles
  • 2021 & Beyond: FromSoftware's new game, SIE San Diego's new game, Housemarque's new game, Bluepoint's new game
HARDWARE (agree w/ (@Isslander)
  • reveal console and controller, but no formal presentation
  • November release date, but no price
  • will mention backwards compatibility + games montage
  • no PSVR2 reveal
TEASERS
  • 2021 & Beyond Teasers: Spider-Man 2, GoW2
WISHLIST
  • Syphon Filter
  • Resistance
Excited to see what they show, but won't be disappointed if it doesn't blow my mind. Playstation found its voice in single-player narrative games this generation and I expect them to follow suit with the PS5 even if tomorrow's event is just okay.

[HIDE][/HIDE]

@Steve-O21 gave me an idea for one last crazy prediction. Rockstar games presents comes on screen, fades out, then there is a cursor on a computer screen and the word "Agent" gets typed in, hangs on that a bit and then continues until it spells "Agent Gabriel Logan".

Oh shit it's Syphon Filter by Rockstar games!

Place holder on Amazon UK, had 2 variants of the PS5 listed.
A 1TB and 2TB version of the system and a price of £599.99

But I think the pricing might not be too far off - £499 for 1 TB and £599 for 2TB.
Not bad for the Specs.

Equivalent PC would be £1000+

Anybody have a link for the live event?

EDIT: Sorry, found it:

Last edited:
Thoughts 15 mins in...

A superhero game (blah), GTA V (a game we've already got, what the fuck?), a Gran Turismo that had a clear "cutscene" section followed by a really disappointing actual gameplay section (that looked identical to the game we've already got), and a sequel nobody asked for (Ratchet & Clank).

I know it will get better from here, but fuuuuck.

Fair play to them.

Thought it would have been long finished by now.
Have you been impressed by any of it though?

I want to play one of the games (Soulstorm) and I'm semi-interested in another (Stray). Literally 0% interest in anything else so far.

I mean, fuck me, that "Goodbye Volcano High" thing? Are they desperate for trailers?

And have you noticed that every game looks good UNTIL you see the gameplay camera, and at that point they look like a current-gen game?

I'll keep watching but I'm bored off my tits right now. But Twitter is seemingly celebrating its success...

After 40 minutes I must say that I'm really disappointed. Still waiting for a special moment.
Same.

Tell me how at least 50% of these games couldn't exist on current hardware.

Seeing no reason to upgrade so far. Another hour to go though.

...oh. No there's not.

That was fucking dreadful. And as the other half's just said, the console looks like a "gay villain's lair".

I doubt the Xbox will provide much better, either. That's pretty heartbreaking.

Last edited:
After 40 minutes I must say that I'm really disappointed. Still waiting for a special moment.

Yeah man.
I didn't want to be the first to say it but most of the games showcased looked very good at first glance and then the gameplay was disappointing.
Lots of the same shoot-move-shoot-move-shoot-move type of games.

Those 10 seconds of NBA looked good though.

Back
Top Bottom