Sony PlayStation

I think the lighting looks incredible.
Graphically though no better than anything available at present.

For a tech demo it does show what is capable from the new Unreal engine.

The most impressive thing for me though, there is no actual slowdown in the gameplay or any noticeable drops in frame rate - Although we don't know if it the demo is locked to 30 or 60FPS.
Playing a game on PS4 is sometimes quite painful with the FPS consistently dropping and making the immersion sometimes unenjoyable.
Spiderman looked good on PS4, but the frame rate was appalling at times on the PRO when in 4K.

The next gen needs to sort this out, 30 FPS in 2020 is not acceptable.

I dont know why everyone is so fussed about 60fps, games look like soap opera. Movies are never 60fps, the only games that should be 60fps are the shooters imo. Would be great to have an option on console to set the it i think.

I dont know why everyone is so fussed about 60fps, games look like soap opera. Movies are never 60fps, the only games that should be 60fps are the shooters imo. Would be great to have an option on console to set the it i think.

The reason for it is, quite simply it makes the biggest difference in gaming.
If you have never gamed on a PC then it is quite difficult to explain how much of a difference it simply makes.

Why do you think gamers spend £500 - £1000 on gaming monitors which are 144 - 240Hz, because it gives an advantage and the majority of PC gamers would take 60FPS over 4k every day of the week.

It is also about having a consistent frame rate - Something which doesn't happen with consoles, I don't game on console much, but when I do for exclusives - Until Dawn and Spiderman on PS4 were really dodgy with the stuttering and frame drops - Until Dawn is probably one of the worse I ever experienced, although this got massively better on the PRO.

Really impressed overall. Shows the capability of next-gen graphically. I'd love something that really showed off what the processors can do for AI, but that's never going to happen really. Not as exciting to the casual gamer.

The water effects weren't great (hence why they showed them for literally a couple of seconds and VERY swiftly moved on, which made me laugh, it was really obvious that they knew it didn't look great) - and I like that they went with a cartoon face because they know that a photo-realistic human will just induce an "uncanny valley" effect. Fair play to them, it's impressive and anyone who says it isn't is clearly a troll.

I just hope next-gen games keep me playing. Especially sports games. I won't come back to a game for the graphics.

Movies aren't interactive media. They aren't reliant on inputs nor are they affected by latency. The difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS for say, PES and FIFA is night and day. Personally, I play on 1440p on a 144 HZ monitor and I can't imagine going back.

I just can’t hear it anymore.
FPS (in most cases) is a design choice!!
Sure it’s an easier choice when there is powerful hardware at hands!
prettier graphics sure selling better to the masses!

But hey, it’s people. “More mph in a race car is always better!” ^^

Last edited:
In competitive gaming it makes sense (shooters, sports games) but when you play a story driven third person game or just a Detriot like game it looks weird to my eyes, looks like a cheap soap opera as i said. But for me even the fps game in this vid feels more like a movie and realistic. For example that COD game in this video on PS4 the cut scenes are in 30fps...it looks like saving private ryan, it looks jawdropping...however as soon you are transition into fps and game mode its soap opera time :LMAO: and everything goes out on the window for me and you cant adjust the frame rate on PS4 for it.
Again an option on consoles like on PC would be great to set the frame rate by yourself. I almost never use 60fps. And yes i do pc game and i dont like high fps in most games.

Movies aren't interactive media. They aren't reliant on inputs nor are they affected by latency. The difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS for say, PES and FIFA is night and day. Personally, I play on 1440p on a 144 HZ monitor and I can't imagine going back.
The reason for it is, quite simply it makes the biggest difference in gaming.
If you have never gamed on a PC then it is quite difficult to explain how much of a difference it simply makes.

Why do you think gamers spend £500 - £1000 on gaming monitors which are 144 - 240Hz, because it gives an advantage and the majority of PC gamers would take 60FPS over 4k every day of the week.

It is also about having a consistent frame rate - Something which doesn't happen with consoles, I don't game on console much, but when I do for exclusives - Until Dawn and Spiderman on PS4 were really dodgy with the stuttering and frame drops - Until Dawn is probably one of the worse I ever experienced, although this got massively better on the PRO.

Last edited:
Something different, im on a Friends binge lately on Netflix and noticed this scene in Ross's apartment.
Can you guess the game PS1 game based on this?
20200520_220816.jpg

Correct awnser:

20200520_221256.jpgRally_Cross_cover.jpg

EY-EZ8aXQAEVhrC

No PES 2021.. really disatointing.. that means we will play same old shitty gen PES and next year... MyClub makes tons of money for Konamo so they don't care about evolving for next year. Gambling adicits will spend money and Konami is happy with that.

No PES 2021.. really disatointing.. that means we will play same old shitty gen PES and next year...

PES might not be on the list, but there will be a next gen version it just has not been announced.

Also haven't EA always said PS is the lead platform when developing FIFA?
Even though the beta is only available on Xbox and PC get the patches first...

I won't buy it day, even year one for 90% sure.
Only if by hasard, they would add on the list a game named "Bloodborne 2", or some month after the PS5 release, i would change my mind.
Cyberpunk is on another dimension, but it can wait a bit, i'm not so hurry to buy it.
Even if open world style is not really my cup of tea (at all), that's the only one who feels like revolutionnary, and must have.

But Ghost of Tsushima, very disappointed about the fact that it is. I was more waiting for an Action/Adventure game like a GOW, Onimusha, etc.

9PM for GMT...

Only thing I want to know is price, as already know the specs and what it is capable of.
There will be only games shown, afaik. Expect no price or hardware talk, imo.

I’m looking forward to it. Can’t be worse than the X showcase! At least we don’t get to see those “world premiere” intros all the time! :D

Edit: yes, you know the specs I’d say, but we haven’t seen yet what these specs are capable of doing! ;)

There will be only games shown, afaik. Expect no price or hardware talk, imo.

I’m looking forward to it. Can’t be worse than the X showcase! At least we don’t get to see those “world premiere” intros all the time! :D

Edit: yes, you know the specs I’d say, but we haven’t seen yet what these specs are capable of doing! ;)

The X showcase is the worst thing I have ever seen, watched until Assassins Creed cutscenes.

They promised Xbox Series X gameplay and just showed trailer footage and the in-game stuff was running on PC, with expected Xbox Series X results + not showing Valhalla gameplay like they promised and just cutscenes was taking the piss.

We don't know what it is fully capable of but we have a very good idea, as have seen the Unreal Demo running on PS5 and we now know what resolution and frame rate the video was running at, and EPIC stated the equivalent PC spec required to run the demo the same as PS5.

I got my pre-order down already at ShopTo, even though I know looking at it, the first year of the console will just be PS4 ports with better graphics and quicker loading times.
I am buying it as PS have the better exclusives, you just can't get Uncharted and Last of Us on PC.

Last edited:
The X showcase is the worst thing I have ever seen, watched until Assassins Creed cutscenes.

They promised Xbox Series X gameplay and just showed trailer footage and the in-game stuff was running on PC, with expected Xbox Series X results + not showing Valhalla gameplay like they promised and just cutscenes was taking the piss.

We don't know what it is fully capable of but we have a very good idea, as have seen the Unreal Demo running on PS5 and we now know what resolution and frame rate the video was running at, and EPIC stated the equivalent PC spec required to run the demo the same as PS5.

I got my pre-order down already at ShopTo, even though I know looking at it, the first year of the console will just be PS4 ports with better graphics and quicker loading times.
I am buying it as PS have the better exclusives, you just can't get Uncharted and Last of Us on PC.
Agree 99% here.
I think we’ll see some pearls the first year!

Edit: or is it just wishful thinking?! 🤔

Last edited:
Likely to get it spring or fall 2021, hopefully spring. The limited availability at launch could mean they will be less shy about putting a hefty price tag on it. I also never go for launch consoles, I like to go in when any possible kinks have been ironed out.

Not sure what to do right now. Truly *hate* my PS4 Pro. Can't play any game on it without going deaf from the noise - I've torn it down, cleaned up the awful thermal paste job (none in the centre of the chip whatsoever, literally nothing there) and replaced it... Still the same noise. Ruins every game, you can't escape the sound of a jet engine taking off - you can hear it through headphones, you can hear it from next door FFS.

But I'll buy a next-gen console for next-gen football games (when they're different from current-gen), and if I'm buying one of them, well... If next-gen games are using the PS5 as a base (despite the Xbox being, if Twitter is anything to go by, much more powerful), then I don't see the point in getting the Xbox. I fell into that trap with the Xbox One X - bought it day one, only for the games to be barely any better than on the (underpowered in comparison) PS4 Pro.

But I genuinely, and slightly irrationally, hate the PS4 Pro so much, that I don't want to give Sony my money again. I've had non-stop HDD issues too, and a firmware update that required me to format it and spend the next 7 days redownloading 1tb of games and saves.

I need to see more first. Need PES and FIFA news, need confirmation that it's more than just a graphical difference (in either game) comparing current-gen to next-gen, and need to know that neither of them are going to make a noise like an industrial vacuum cleaner.

Not sure what to do right now. Truly *hate* my PS4 Pro. Can't play any game on it without going deaf from the noise - I've torn it down, cleaned up the awful thermal paste job (none in the centre of the chip whatsoever, literally nothing there) and replaced it... Still the same noise. Ruins every game, you can't escape the sound of a jet engine taking off - you can hear it through headphones, you can hear it from next door FFS.

But I'll buy a next-gen console for next-gen football games (when they're different from current-gen), and if I'm buying one of them, well... If next-gen games are using the PS5 as a base (despite the Xbox being, if Twitter is anything to go by, much more powerful), then I don't see the point in getting the Xbox. I fell into that trap with the Xbox One X - bought it day one, only for the games to be barely any better than on the (underpowered in comparison) PS4 Pro.

But I genuinely, and slightly irrationally, hate the PS4 Pro so much, that I don't want to give Sony my money again. I've had non-stop HDD issues too, and a firmware update that required me to format it and spend the next 7 days redownloading 1tb of games and saves.

I need to see more first. Need PES and FIFA news, need confirmation that it's more than just a graphical difference (in either game) comparing current-gen to next-gen, and need to know that neither of them are going to make a noise like an industrial vacuum cleaner.

I really agree with that, I absolutely hate my PS4 Pro too.. Recently bought another one for Last of Us 2.
I don't understand why it is so noisy all the time, it revs up and as you stated I can hear it over headphones.
It is only certain games though, FIFA and F1 are fine on it, but soon as you boot up Spiderman in certain areas it just gets so loud.

I was going to open it up and replace all the thermal paste, like you have but hoping it would make a difference, but I don't have any TORX screwdrivers, as when I need them just borrow them from work.
Which thermal paste did you use? I have some thermal grizzly left over, even though any top brand are very similar - But I also now the PS3 just used extremely cheap thermal grease like you can buy on eBay and Amazon for a fiver and it could do 100 machines.

In regards to next gen football games, I don't really expect the graphics to improve that much TBH - Although graphically the next gen is going to be a massive step up from current gen.
Also I think your wishful thinking, FIFA has chosen it's path.. Players want games to end 7-5 with every game being managed by Kevin Keegan and Ossie Ardiles.
FIFA is no longer a fun game for me, when I got my PS4 Pro, I played a few games with mates online and found that every one plays the same way and everyone scores the same unstoppable goal, which I managed to learn and master myself - I had a game with my brother which ended 8-6..... 8-6 HTF is that football?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom