Sony PlayStation

Half the world might not have a job after covid19. Could be the worst or at least, slowest selling consoles of all time.
Read that the new ps5 is gonna be around £330 in uk. Might be bs though.

It does seem that PS5 is having issues, as why are they not showing anything.
We know an awful lot about the new Xbox, and pretty much everything about it is good - Incredible specs, and only beaten by the very highest gaming PC's - Unlike PS4/Xbox One, the Series X is far from a turd.
Very powerful machine, which runs in the same vein as a desktop PC, predictable power and system management - What I heard about the PS5 is they are trying to re-write the PC handbook by having adaptive power consumption and adaptive overclocking when the developers decide they need it and not when the system says "Hang on I am now rendering video, I need more CPU", the PS5 needs the developer to tell it that.

The best feature so far - Games will receive a free update if you already own them to be optimised for the system.
The Xbox series X runs a custom built version of Windows 10 and uses DirectX 12 Ultimate so machine will be incredibly easy to optimise and will allow the PC version of current games to be available pretty much straight on launch - Just a simple graphics and textures patch.
I know people always say they don't care about graphics, but it isn't just graphics it is the smoothness of play.

Sony know they are losing and tried glossing over their 3 Terrabytes graphics lost by stating but we won't have any loading screens??
Seriously I would absolutely love to see this.. Are they seriously stating a game like Red Dead will not have any loading screens?
I own an i9-9900K with all cores overclocked to 5GHz it takes my system 37seconds to load Red Dead from the menu screen to the game, are Sony stating the PS5 will not have this? As I seriously doubt a PS5 with a new state of the art SSD will load it any quicker than my PC.

There is absolutely no doubt at the moment that Xbox looks ahead in the next gen battle, however since I own a PC, I will still much more likely buy a PS5 due to Sony machine having better exclusives.
Uncharted Series
Last of Us 2
Spiderman
Dark Horizon - Or that dinosaur game which people like

I can't think of a single Microsoft game which is an exclusive, where I think man I want that..

but PES21 will still be shit on Xbox as you can’t mod it. :D

Last edited:
There will deffo be stock shortages this fall, but again, people will be broke so not as many buy consoles, maybe it will even itself out... or the consoles get delayed until about March next year. Wouldn't surprise me as Sony and Microsoft would likely prefer to sell a lot of new consoles instead of selling a lot fewer because of low demand/manufacturing difficulties.

PS5 DualSense

49747503557_566da5ebc8_3k.jpg

https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...w-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/

Nice xbox one controller Sony. You should have move the left trigger in the upper left corner as well....as this way the handles look way too short again. I noticed while going back to PS3 my thumbs hurt the way i hadt to position them on its controller, but on PS4 the long handles do the trick. And i have an avarage size hand.

Nice xbox one controller Sony. You should have move the left trigger in the upper left corner as well....as this way the handles look way too short again. I noticed while going back to PS3 my thumbs hurt the way i hadt to position them on its controller, but on PS4 the long handles do the trick. And i have an avarage size hand.
Xbox ? still a DualShock
oT3C1Di.gif

Longer handles than DS4 and personally I prefer symmetrical sticks.
But not fan of the bicolour.

Last edited:
Hopefully it wont be too awkward to hold. Thats one of the reasons i never liked Xbox. Controller was simply too big and uncomfortable.
I usually stick to the rule that if its not broken - dont fix it.
I dont like this whole "futuristic" attempts for the sake of it.

There was talk about the DS being compatible but I am not certain it has ever been confirmed. I wisely bought a 4th DS4 about a month before the pandemic hit, and now I obviously never get visits, so that worked out great. The dualsense does have a usb-c plug, not sure if that changes anything, but at least you would need different cables.

The design isn't too bad, just an evolution of the current controller really..

If it feels more like an Xbox controller when it is released, then absolute win win..

The PS5 is rumoured to be $499 to $549

So will be looking at a UK release price of £450 to £500.

Personally for the performance it isnt a bad price, but can see why alot of people will be put off, especially given the lack of confirmed launch titles.

I hope the PS5 are black and the white on the pad just represent the haptic parts. Make SENSe ?

Last edited:

TBH I have no confidence in Sony in providing the PS5 with adequate and effective cooling.

The PS4 Pro would still be the loudest machine in our server room at work.
I apparently have the quiet one and need to turn my sound bar up quite a lot just to mask the sound of that jet engine in my house.

However Microsoft can make a machine with twice the power run silent.
I really do applaud Microsoft for how well cooled and silent the Xbox X is.

I will buy the PS5 on launch but I really hope it is much better built than the extreme cheap plastic look of the PS4 and with more importantly a much better cooling solution.

I have a question.
At the moment we have one playstation.
My son uses it most of the time and he takes it to his room. No problem for me. I 'm gaming in the weekends (then the PS4 comes in our living room).
But my son games with his friends and wants some privacy. We want to use the PS4 to watch DVD's an Blu-rays.
The answer is simple. We will buy a new PS4.

Problem is that we have both downloaded games on the old PS4 on the same account (my account).

My son is a FIFA player.
He plays online and Ultimate Team.

He will get the new PS4 and make his own account.

Question: can he transport his safe game from FIFA to his new account?

Alternate question (and off-topic) is there another solution?

Can we both play dowloaded games (that are now on the old PS4) on different accounts and different PS4?

Thanks in advance.

I have a question.
At the moment we have one playstation.
My son uses it most of the time and he takes it to his room. No problem for me. I 'm gaming in the weekends (then the PS4 comes in our living room).
But my son games with his friends and wants some privacy. We want to use the PS4 to watch DVD's an Blu-rays.
The answer is simple. We will buy a new PS4.

Problem is that we have both downloaded games on the old PS4 on the same account (my account).

My son is a FIFA player.
He plays online and Ultimate Team.

He will get the new PS4 and make his own account.

Question: can he transport his safe game from FIFA to his new account?

Alternate question (and off-topic) is there another solution?

Can we both play dowloaded games (that are now on the old PS4) on different accounts and different PS4?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yep you have to both log in with the accounts on both PS4 consoles/i guess add each other friends too maybe, but not sure if its required/
2. Then you can log in on your son's account on your PS4 and go to settings, account management and "activate as primary ps
3. And simply download the game you wish from his library and you can log out from it, they will be added to your library too then.
4. If his games have a little lockpad on your PS4 account, then you have to repeat step 2.

I think you can only share one account to one another at a time so whenever he shares it with someone else then you get the lockpad on his shared games in your library and you have to activate ihis PS4 as primary again. Doing this with my brother and a friend for a while so just let me know if you get stucked.
What i can tell in addition that i have an EU and Indonesian account too (as it was pretty cheap a year ago), and have some games downloaded from there which are available to all my accounts. However my brothers EU account cant see those games from the Indo account at all. So just to be aware the "accounts" have to be synched up if you have digital games from different regions, the accounts matter not the console.

Thanks, very much. We did what you advised and it worked.

Yes that i was talking about in the xbox thread. It looks amazingly detaild and realistic....but it doesnt make the a PS4 game look a garbage or hell even a PS3, there is no huge leap and not all game will look like this tech demo anyways.
I think look really good,environment is insane .. its like real life, but the girl itself, make it bit worst. Her skin, Hair , face and some animation make it to look worst that should be. If PES use this engine, at least stadiums and presentation will looks like a life.

P.S. UE5 comes 2021.. so PES 2021 will be still on FOX or old UE4.

Last edited:
I think the lighting looks incredible.
Graphically though no better than anything available at present.

For a tech demo it does show what is capable from the new Unreal engine.

The most impressive thing for me though, there is no actual slowdown in the gameplay or any noticeable drops in frame rate - Although we don't know if it the demo is locked to 30 or 60FPS.
Playing a game on PS4 is sometimes quite painful with the FPS consistently dropping and making the immersion sometimes unenjoyable.
Spiderman looked good on PS4, but the frame rate was appalling at times on the PRO when in 4K.

The next gen needs to sort this out, 30 FPS in 2020 is not acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom