Spanish La Liga Thread

Definitely a turning point in Villarreal history. For better or worse will depend on the power of the (remaining) squad to grow as players and show mental strength. It will break or make the team.

I really hope they can get over it and end this dramatic streak!

I can't see it being for the better unfortunately. They will get out of this slump eventually but they're not gonna hit their previous heights. Not for awhile at least... so it's more like damage limitation in my eyes and only a matter of how low you stoop now...

Nonetheless the club has a solid foundation with a good backroom with excellent scouts who will always find great players (especially from South America) and is overall in good hands with an ambitious yet competent and sensible chairman like Fernando Roig.

Good game last night, even better tactical battle.

It was one of the best matches in La Liga in the last 5 years. Great game, epic scenario, great lpays under difficult conditions, and finally a bad result for us. We were quite unlucky considering we had 3 times more chances than Bilbao, but it would have been unfair for Bilbao not to have any point after the big effort and passion they put to the game.

It would have been even more unfair for us to loose, though, so the late goal did a little justice.

The world of football needs more people like Bielsa. Great tactical battle, great display of bravery. Bilbao is almost my second team in Spain, because of the specific nature of the club.

I hope people enjoyed this game. It was a bad result, but it was a great game and at the end we love football for games like this one.

This proves this is not sunny SPL. There are big teams here, teams that can pose a threat to anyone. And Bilbao is one of them.

I think Barca have made a pact with the devil.

That defensive mix-up that led to Messi's equaliser is something that happens so often for them. Any other team and the half-hearted clearance would've gone away but Barca always get the lucky bounce/deflection/clearance and seemingly it always goes to Messi as well.

Bilbao were excellent but seemingly the only real way to stop Barca playing properly is to do a rain dance and open the heavens onto the pitch :P

Fantastic game though, Bielsa is gonna do real well for Bilbao if he's given the time.

Great result for Bilbao, i hope they win against Madrid.
But my friend drekkard, although i don't agree that la Liga (already) is a sunny SPL, you can't make conclusions after one great match where Barcelona were treatened but in the end did not even loose the match...i enjoyed that match thoroughly...respect for Bielsa.

Crazy match Valencia - RM...

i honestly think Parejo was not ofside + that handball at the end should have been a penalty..

it´s just unfair.

What offside are you talking about? Parejo in the 25'? Iker stopped it anyway. And the other one by Soldado in the final moments is a blatant offside.

In what regards the last play, honestly I don't think is handball. Had it been handball and the ball would have entered another direction. For me, it touched the chest.

Great and fair result in a very hard field.

Valencia fans chanting Messi! :LOL: Ridiculous.

tumblr_luxivgK4o11qmep5no1_r1_500.png

tumblr_luxk5xzL4n1qhqdlco1_250.gif

Hilarious! :LOL:

I just lol'd when it happened. :LOL:

Oh btw, did the last Valencia header (it was Aduriz I guess) hit the post or Casillas made another miracle out there? I was just like WTF?!

What a CRAZY 2nd half!! That's the HARDEST 3 points REal Madrid have ever earned! They had to work their ass off for it, get hit, bruised, frustrated and ride their luck too.

Diego Alves who may shouldn't have even started the game and was a bit of a surprise inclusion messed up on the Ronaldo goal! Otherwise it could've been 2-2 and honestly Valencia based on that 2nd half deserved at least a draw! At least one point!

What a match! So much tension and so many fights! Ugly stuff but GREAT entertaining for the neutral. :D :P

I loved it!

Well done Valencia. Because they are the 3rd team in Spain and EVEN when they lose, they lose like that! 3-2 and never giving up till the last second.

I think the header was Aduriz by the way and it hit the bar! I also don't think it was handball. I think it kinda hit the side of his chest... BUT it was stupid how a match like that which had arguments, fights and stoppage the WHOLE 2nd half basically had 4 minutes of injury time! In an exceptional match like that, even 6 minute would've been right. Marcelo laid down on group for like 3 minutes himself early in 2nd half! 5 min minimum I thought it should've been and then you never know if Valencia would've equalized, they sure looked capable! Especially since even the 4 minutes it's not like the ball is in play, 2 minutes of the 4 minutes were also ball in stoppage... and arguments, etc. Ref should've played a few more minutes I thought for sure! But considering he was already losing control of the match, I'm not surprised, he was in a rush to whistle!

I would've brought in Pablo Hernandez earlier and Piatti as well. Unai Emery is one of the best around though so no complaints.

Last edited:
It definitely wasn't handball, Soldado's first goal was brilliant and Khedira looked uncomfortable playing AM.

He's probably the worst one in the world right now!

There are a lot of divers out there but none as bad as this guy!

I especially feel for Diego...the way he got his yellow card is really bad. He tried to make peace between Di Maria and his team mate, tried to push them apart, Di Maria once again went spectacularly to the ground and Diego got a card.

I understand that a ref can't always see what is real or what is diving, but IMO people like Di Maria should get punished afterwards. I watched this match until the 3-1 and then stopped. I seldom see Real Madrid, but i find this an extremely irritating team that uses provocation, diving and other unfair 'tricks' when things are not going their way. I don't like that. IMO the match against Atletico was seldom about football (and to be fair Atletico played the same way).

Courtois' sending off was justified however...and the third goal was horrific from Atletico's point of view.

Barcelona was really bad against Getafe...this team gives a saturiated impression.

I'm sick of seeing that same old shit from the two best teams of the world. I mean, they are already far far ahead of the others when on good day, but still they don't stop doing dirty things like that. I dunno why those bastards want, are they supposed to win everytime and do this as easy as it gets? is there no room for the underdog? I'm afraid this fucking populist way of behaving towards RM or FCB from FAs and its slaves will never come to an end so the so-called topflight derbies of football will never become clashes of real men in the near time.

I'm sick of seeing that same old shit from the two best teams of the world. I mean, they are already far far ahead of the others when on good day, but still they don't stop doing dirty things like that. I dunno why those bastards want, are they supposed to win everytime and do this as easy as it gets? is there no room for the underdog? I'm afraid this fucking populist way of behaving towards RM or FCB from FAs and its slaves will never come to an end so the so-called topflight derbies of football will never become clashes of real men in the near time.

IMO you are exagerating. You can say this from all big clubs.
Man Utd's firstequaliser against Benfica was clearly off-side for example.
I don't think it's deliberated strategy, it's all about statistics: if you have a possession rate of 70% and you spent more time in the box than the other teams (seen over an entire season) then statistically the chance that you get more penalties than the lesser teams is huge. If you get more possession then the chance that you get more fouls is also statistically bigger. So what you call "advantaged" is partly logic.

But what worries me is the diving and the fact that the FA's don't intervene with the diving..is it because these big divers Ronalda, Di Maria, Busquets , Suarez and others are also extremely attractive, popular and thus commercially very ineresting players? I think so...Football is more and more about money and the big clubs (like in Spain) do everything to get an unfair advantage...in the long term Madrid and Barcelona are killing themselves...

Congrats to Barca and Guardiola.

And what's worse is that Real's game in hand is against Sevilla! Sevilla lost to Levante today and will be HUNGRY!

That's not a match I would say they are definitely gonna get the 3 points from. Especially not now that Real's great form has been broken and confidence more down. Probably a draw... especially if it's in Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan which I think it is.

well, I have to say that I am disappointed with classico. Both teams have shown us nothing, Barca had 2 good attacks and have scored 3 goals, and Madrid had few clear chances but CR has missed them. I expected more from this match and I expected more from Real.

well, I have to say that I am disappointed with classico. Both teams have shown us nothing, Barca had 2 good attacks and have scored 3 goals, and Madrid had few clear chances but CR has missed them. I expected more from this match and I expected more from Real.

Andres Iniesta make 2 or 3 attacks ..he humillated to coentrao..
barça don't want destroy RM...

Well, clear barca chances for me were first one which finished with a shoot by Messi which Casillas saved, and second one when Messi assisted for 1-1. 2nd goal was not even a chance for me, just pure luck that ball has deflected from Marcelo. 3rd goal was beauty, but it was due to poor defending by Real in the box.

Back
Top Bottom