Tactics Thread PES 2014

Do you know that in pes14 defensive tactics are not working?
When you choose the tactic of "total defense" and you put all sliders to zero, your team is still pushing forward.
When your CF moves with the ball half the field, your team forgets about defensive tactics and ran to help him.

TACTICS in the PES14 is EPIC FAIL. Sorry

Yeah, right, tell this to your granny. :BYE:

Yeah, right, tell this to your granny. :BYE:
:SHAKE:
PesEdit Patch 1.1 no ather tweaks
Mertesacker in the center circle... yea it's Total defence!

Support dist = 0
Pressing = 0
Defense line = 0
Defence line is not deep :(
When my team loses the ball, my defense does not go down to the penalty area, and continues to be at the center
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unYRKkcFQkw
Support dist = 20
Pressing = 0
Defense line = 0
Defence line is not deep :(
When my team loses the ball, my defense does not go down to the penalty area, and continues to be at the center
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYxL-6hE0ME

All stand to the last, and then frantically catching up with the forwards. TACTICS in the PES14 is EPIC FAIL. Sorry
In life, as soon as the ball goes to the opponent defense moves back

Last edited:
You were told that before here. MOVE THE DEFENSIVE LINE MANUALLY WHEN IN GAME USING D-PAD LEFT or RIGHT (depends if playing from left to right or right to left :P).

You would have known this. If you have read what klashman wrote here... In reply to your previous post... But it was better to ignore it, heh?

:SHAKE:
TACTICS in the PES14 is EPIC FAIL. Sorry
In life, as soon as the ball goes to the opponent defense moves back

Lord have mercy... You have to use the left stick to move players freely around the pitch in tactics view in this version.

7mdz.png

You were told that before here. MOVE THE DEFENSIVE LINE MANUALLY WHEN IN GAME USING D-PAD LEFT or RIGHT (depends if playing from left to right or right to left :P).
I know that. But always using D-pad is not normal.
This means that the tactic №1, № 2, № 3 normally do not work. If working normally tactics, adjust their D-pad would not have to.
That's what I want to say

You'll have to use the STICK not the D-PAD. The D-PAD makes you jump from pre-designated position to pre-designated position while using the STICK you're able to designate position freely.

The problem with d-pad def line shifting is that you can't do it while attacking, its usually too late when opponent retain possesion and your defenders sitting high. Also i find it doesn't work sometimes, defenders ain't responding to change at all.

The problem with d-pad def line shifting is that you can't do it while attacking, its usually too late when opponent retain possesion and your defenders sitting high. Also i find it doesn't work sometimes, defenders ain't responding to change at all.

Yes you can. Notice that the player you're controlling aren't stopping dead the instant you let go of the right stick. You can easily move your thumb down and up again without losing much time, unless of course you're directly engaged in a duel which would be a bad time to change strategy.

Anyway, having your defenders put deep on the tactical pitch overview will most likely relieve you of the task entirely. Just move your midfielders a bit back as well to compensate for the distance between the lines and up the attacking level by a notch to compensate the total. This works with both high and low defensive line setting as well.

You'll have to use the STICK not the D-PAD. The D-PAD makes you jump from pre-designated position to pre-designated position while using the STICK you're able to designate position freely.
I have use the stick in tacktic menu, i know that very well.
7mdz.png

this ranking gives nothing. defenders still very often do not have time to retreat. Moving the defensive line manually when in game using d-pad it's not normal. because in the tactics menu "depth of defense" slider itself should adjust the position of defense during the defense.
I do not care that the defense is located high, I worry that it is not time to go back.

I have use the stick in tacktic menu, i know that very well.
7mdz.png

this ranking gives nothing. defenders still very often do not have time to retreat. Moving the defensive line manually when in game using d-pad it's not normal. because in the tactics menu "depth of defense" slider itself should adjust the position of defense during the defense.
I do not care that the defense is located high, I worry that it is not time to go back.

If Player Support is too high, the defense line gets affected as well. It seems to become very high and stay there for too long. I reserve 15+ for the attacking formation and stick to 10-12 for normal and 8-10 for defensive. Konami should look into it though as it's most likely a bug.

Really only just signed up here to say thanks to Klashman for his pukka work on those tactics.

Been really struggling this version with the attacking side of things. Mainly getting my team forward and moving in to space to create chances. So searching for some tips late last night and came across this thread.

Copied the Dortmund, Chelsea and Liverpool tactics (glad there was a 3 at the back formation as that is my favourite) and then jumped on MLO.

Well......wow!!!

1st game paired with an above average squad but a typical through baller and using the Dortmund tactic and could see the positive results straight away (hopefully not a placebo effect) but the team felt more alive. Felt it in the first five minutes when Capelli came out wide to head away an attempted long ball and I was thinking "yes son, that's what you should be bloody doing!" Not just standing on the middle waiting.

Went in at half time 1-0 up and all over the guy. Had more attacking play and space in that half than in my last dozen games on MLO. Second half starts and again I've got space and passing options and I'm camped in his half for the first 15 minutes. A second goal was coming when all of a sudden he quit on me (got the win) hopefully out of frustration.

Second game I try out the Chelsea set up. Again I can feel a difference in my attacking play with more space and passing options. Race in to a 2-0 lead in the first 15 minutes (after the second goal he glitch kicked off to me by mistake. Love it when that happens as you know you've got to them. I do this as well sometimes, lol).

Get a third on the half hour after tearing him apart down the left with some great pass and move for a great cross and one if those stopping downward headers. Everything is clicking and his long balls are all being dealt with comfortably. 5 minutes later he quits on me. So 2 wins in a row but more importantly I'm finally playing how I want to and in those two games had about 8 attempts on goal each game when before I was struggling to get 2 or 3 in a whole game.

3rd and 4th games I go with the Liverpool set up but I'm paired with super teams where I could get over 1000 points for a win but unfortunately lose narrowly in both but not before giving then a fee scares and defending for my life.

Final game of the night I go back to the Chelsea formation but find myself 3-0 down at half time. I change to the 3rd formation tactic and bring it back to 3-3 before a lapse in concentrating at the end allows Montano to latch on to a long through ball for a winner.

Gutted about the loss but not my play in the game. In fact in all the games there was more organisation, better build up play, chances created, little combinations coming off instead of being bogged down in midfield with nowhere to go and I'd put it down to these formations.

Bodes well for the online league I play in where the vast majority play the game the right way. Well at least until after the update when we can kick off another season.

Anyway. Big thanks again to Klashman for his superb effort and will be checking back for more when he has time. Hopefully some more 3 at the back formations if possible. Don't follow football as closely as I used to so not sure how common that kind of formation is nowadays.

@Klashmann69

I love your formations you posted in this thread, they helped a lot in the MLO!!!
Do you have other formations inclusive sliders??

Hi @Klashmann69 i was looking alot through the web,and cant find better place with tactics. I hope you are well, and soon you will back here with rest premiership teams and lot more

I can't believe how I missed this thread while in the PC sub-section. really need to check out the xbox360/ps3 sub forums more! hidden gem! I have had interesting results with your tactics so far. However I find barca's tactics a little too passive for my liking. I increased the shifting to attack from 0 to 2 and found it better.

Thanks!

how can I learn to do the tactics? who can help me in my team?
are new and do not know how this topic of tactics.

Hi, i wont return intil 19th December or somewhere around them. I'm going to do loads of tactics and stuff around Christmas.

Hopefully next year i'll have a apartment sorted in Australia.

Hi, i wont return intil 19th December or somewhere around them. I'm going to do loads of tactics and stuff around Christmas.

Hopefully next year i'll have a apartment sorted in Australia.

Waiting you back, Klash. PES 2014 needs you and your ideas.

Klash, i am not exactly convinced to some of your sliders set up. I dont know, maybe something was mesed up accidentally? or maybe i am wrong..

I mean Valencia and Madrid tactic. For the first look at Valencia, it was like 1st tactic changed with 3rd..?But it was just impression because of some sliders like shifting to attack and attack level..I though, that Valencia 1st tactic is more offensive then 3rd. And yesterday i try Madrid, and what i noticed is your setup at 20 on attack level in 1st tactic forcing one of central defenders to attacking. It,s change when i changed this on 18 and he stayed in defence. Propably on 19 also he will stay, but 20 is sooo extremic, that he's coming forward..
So i dont know is this good idea for 1st neutral tactic to have problems at the back with one central defenders going attack..

Any feedback guys?

Last edited:
Klashman, mate, when you are back wanted to ask you something.

How do you interprete Player Support slider? Higher the value, the more attacking or the more possession orientated? In your settings you gave almost every team very high values.

Klashman, mate, when you are back wanted to ask you something.

How do you interprete Player Support slider? Higher the value, the more attacking or the more possession orientated? In your settings you gave almost every team very high values.

Read his first few posts, its similar to PES 2013 which he described it's sliders on his homepage. There are a few changes though in PES 2014, one of them is player support I believe.

So from what I know and understand, basically the higher this number, the more likely your teammates will make themselves available for a pass i.e. more possession orientated.

He's very busy. This thread will go on though - I look forward to it updating. Wish I could find a downloadable file for all of them like we did last year!

Lord have mercy... You have to use the left stick to move players freely around the pitch in tactics view in this version.

7mdz.png
I agree with you:APPLAUD:

Using D-pad or manually modifying player “position in Tactics Board” (moving downward) should be the only TWO methods to solve this DF line issue.

Back
Top Bottom