The Mobile Phone thread

Just read that Apple had the new iPhone ready to go as well as new apps etc but held off due to knowing what was happening with Steve Jobs. Credit to them for still going ahead with the conference. Also read that Apple just "went dark" and hasn't been answering emails or calls as it's just been such a sad time for them.

Fantastic phone! May not feel as premium in the hand as some other phones in the market today but more than makes up for it in performance.

Great phone but you may want to wait for the Galaxy Nexus which is coming out on November 17th. Similar specs but it has stock Android with the latest update 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which is the biggest upgrade to Android ever.

Thats what I'm waiting for and I will be selling my iPhone for it. www.google.com/nexus

I have the option to upgrade my phone now and i have quite a few to choose from and was going to go for either a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V or a HTC Desire S for free

But you lot bought the Galaxy SII to my attention and i can get that for a tenner so might go for that

I took a picture of the options i have what do you guys think?

Are any of these better than iPhones and which do you think i would get the most for if i stick with my 3GS?

Nokia Lumia 800. I've been using Windows Phone 7 for a while now and really prefer it over iOS and Android. Just works so well, the hardware is good, a great phone.

My opinion. And in my opinion, it doesn't matter 100% on what hardware a phone has, you have to have the firmware to complement it, apple is miles ahead with iOS 5 and that settles it for me. I've tried other phones in the past and they always just leave me thinking that the iPhone just does things better.

have u tried android 2.3? IMO it destroys IOS 5. now android has a 4.0 and well its infair to compare it to ios5 because its night and day mate.

each to their own though but i know you are no fanboy as you tried a few android devices in the past

IMO you need unlimited data for smartphones

My Galaxy S II comes tomorrow. Ill have a little play and let you lot know what its like :)

Can someone just explain what the data limit actually means? I don't know the first thing about phone plans.

It means you can receive up to 1GB of data per month, if you go over then you get charged more, usually about £5 per 250MB extra.

Yeah anything basically, so for example if you download a 20MB app then that counts as 20MB off your 1GB allowance.

The other thing to bare in mind is that WiFi is free, so anything you do over WiFi will not count off your 1GB allowance.

comparin all the phones on the market nowadays like i prefer the iphone. the os for me everything is there right in front of you and the app store has pretty much bloody everything you can think of like!

android is probably the next best thing its fast and you can get some good apps but some are rubbish. not a big fan of windows phone 7 to be fair just done like the interface.

loading any website (has to download content), streaming videos, downloading email attachments, etc.

basically anything web related on your phone uses data, albeit usually a small amount.

Yeah anything basically, so for example if you download a 20MB app then that counts as 20MB off your 1GB allowance.

The other thing to bare in mind is that WiFi is free, so anything you do over WiFi will not count off your 1GB allowance.

Cheers - think I'll go for this then.

As a guide, I'm on my phone quite a fair bit I'd say, however when I'm at home it's always on my WiFi. I use on average about 800Mb per month.

Wife and I are thinking of buying ourselves new phones as Christmas presents, was looking at the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S for me, anyone have one, good/bad?

i took the plunge like and got an iphone 4s. its a great phone in general im well pleased with my decision BUT the battery life since the 5.01 update has been terrible lads. im not talkin about playin with it every 5 minutes or leaving things running im talkin about standby and the odd text here and there. hope its somethin they can fix for 5.02.

Back
Top Bottom