The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every fucking Ai midfield player can go past through my defenders with unhuman skills. And just for the record, i used to defend well in the demo 2.

It's terrible to plan my attacking plays in this game, my teamates make a non sense forward run when they should stay there at side with the ball carrier, because i just want to pass the ball around the ai defenders like barça do ffs. If I make a manual pass, countless time the game makes the wrong read about whom i intended to pass, or the manual pass is very weak at times, very weird. There are so much of misundertanding moments from the AI that has no clue about what i want to do on the field, my attackin plays simply does not flow beautifully as they did in the demo. The thing is, i don't want to sound arrogant here, but i'm too ahead of the ai in terms of creating some pass and move game and looking for some spots and etc. Although, the AI attack in the demo 2 was MUCH better.

The Cpu defenders are all over the place, always running at your back, you can't do an air ball pass either, the ball is incredibly floaty, you will never be able to replicate some of Xavi and Ronaldinho aair ball passes with this terrible ball physics. Every "different" and intellient pass i do with manual that can break the cpu defence, the Ai defenders can cut out so easily, or when i do it right, the player reciever is out of my controll (there shold be no fucking need to use the fucking sper cancel, Jesus Crhist!), or when i'm in control of him, he, out of sudden, desaccelrate or reacts to slowly, or even attempt to move to one side when he just need to run straigh forward to catch the ball, so so so anoying!!

It's vey ridiculous how the Cpu breaks your attack fouuling you, and then they get a trully demoniac counter-attack with only two players to break your whole defence into pieces with some god-like dribblings and god-like pass though yor whole defence.

Konami can't find a balance. They always go to one extream to another. If last year the movement was terrible and dribblin sucked, this year some players have too much ball controll at times, every midfilder under cpu controll is a nightmare to defend against. If the AI attacing movement is almost non existence, this year they totally exagerate this, making attackers run when they should not, and then you have no option to pass the ball around (by the time you find someone the cpu already has 2 players runnin at yor back). Omg, it's terrible.

Online is terrible: arcadish passing and gamespeed, and there still much advantage to 2 pressure holders (players close you too quickly and they can even deflects yuor passes and break your attack), positioning and keepin your team in shape is far from being an advantage as it used to be on the demo.

Football games are ridiculos, laughable. Both companies are just terrible compared to some others.

I just wrote too much here for my limited english, so sorry if i spelt some words wrongly.

Re: PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

defensive lines are bugged in top player difficulty as well

xImqm.jpg

no team plays that defensively in the 3rd minute!

I don't see anything wrong with that screen shot, third minute or not. You do have the ball around the edge of their box in an advanced position. Any decent team will have bodies in the box ready for a cross.

im glad someone else has noticed this, it is a game breaking, show stopping bug for me. you can learn to live with the stumble bug because at least it only happens a few times per match, but the AI camped in their own penalty area happens in every match with every team, anyone denying this is a fanboy plain and simple.

perhaps it is related to difficulty level, i havent tried top player yet. i hope jenkey will be able to fix it, ive asked him if he can look into it, but how anyone on consoles can put up with that i have no idea

+1 here.

Maybe this problem (apart from other bugs) is the one that is restricting our good attacking options we used to have on the demo, but the oof the ball attackin movement seems to be worse tbh.

I said on my prevous post that it seems that the CPU Ai is all over the place when defending, every defender can track a good manual pass, your teammates seems to be "hidden" throgh cpu defenders when they should get some steps back to make possible to pass the ball around, it's just too weird. There's no chance of creating spaces with some creative passes or ai moves like in the demo.

If you don't have a passing option, then at least there will be two player from the cpu runnig towards the ball carrier, and if you try to turn around and skip them with Xavi or Iniesta, they can keep running to your back, it's like they don't loose momentum, it's weird.

I really made some good passes that shold not be cut out so easily, and sometimes the game simply can't "read" the attaking move i plan, when i did the right pass into space with the correct power i had no control over the reciever pass or when i did have controll of him, he desaccelerated or attempet to move to one side instead of just running straith forwad in direction to the ball.

Last edited:

James, give it a couple of weeks, it finally clicked with me at the weekend.

Yeah, that's what I intend to do. I'll see how things are at the end of the month as I don't want to be too reactionary about it. One thing is for sure; this doesn't feel like the same game as the demos.

Maybe a good option file can rectify some of the issues, but if not I may be trading this and moving over to the dark side, or even skipping football games this year altogether. They've been a real disappointment on this gen.

NBA2K12 could well be my sports game for the next 12 months.

not right on top of the goalkeeper, the keeper would be screaming for them to push up, even on free kicks teams dont defend that deep

i saw you boasting in another post that you'd played at high level or something, somehow i doubt it if you think there is nothing wrong with the defensive lines in this game

Boy you have a real chip on your shoulder don't you.

1. They're on the edge of their six yard box. Yep, I played as a CB in the past and I can tell you, yes, you do need to push out but only at the right time. Push out in the example on that screen shot and you'll get done by a through pass slipped inside the full back. You hold a deep line here and push up when the time is right. Okay, not THIS deep, but not far off. And it's a video game FFS, it's not real life, so it's not going to be absolutely perfect. But you complain about deep defending when you're on the edge of their box. Maybe you should complain if it's happening further out. Maybe it is, I dunno, I was only commenting on the example you gave and just offering an opinion without inviting such a snippy response.

2. I never 'boasted' about playing at a high level. I merely stated, with a valid reason, that I played football. As it happens I did play seriously, at a decent level at youth football, but I never once mentioned it here. Chill out man. WTF is with everyone being so sensitive on this thread at the moment? It's full of people getting upset at the slightest comment.

Last edited:

Seriously, I'm not feeling this game at all. It feels like quite a regression from the magnificent demo 1. No need for me to go into detail as it's all been said countless times, but for me the game feels a chore to play and very joyless. The anti-PES if you like.

Mix in the poor, jarring animations, sub-par graphics and atrocious sound and I hate to say it, but it's not looking good for this game.

PES needs a massive overhaul, top to bottom.

:APPLAUD:

The guide needed done and I was happy to collate folks hints and tips into one place for all. Nothing is full proof but I do feel much of it works for me. The default resolution thing is just bloody odd; no idea why they have it so blown up. Hopefully over time more can be added that is more full proof and we can get another version out that is a little more complete.

In my opinion this is the first PES in years that really could have done with a piggy-back guide. The simple fact is there is a fine line between the joy of discovery and simply not being informed of some key basics like using R2 when passing.

As for the feedback Jon is taking to Japan I actually fired off an e-mail directly to him about a variety of issues knowing he was heading of there and no,expander, it wasn't sugar coated but it was articulated well. Things included were keepers diving range and weakness regards anything struck directly at them or very close to them. Shooting needing loosened up greatly or at the very least the mechanics clearly explained. A pegging back of super-cancel reliance as well along with many other things.

Curdstar,since you cant stop thinking about me and obviously like my username as you mention me in your post i thought i would reply.

I dont give a rats arse what jon murphy claims,ive got about as much faith in konami adressing the flaws with pes2012 as i have the moon turning to cheese.

As long as the game sells well in japan konami couldnt give a **** what we over hear in the west think,its all lip service.

As for a patch,it will only make pes2012 worse because they couldnt help but screw up demo 1 and 2,so there hardly going to be able to fix issues that have been in-grained in next gen pes since 2008.

Good day to you,and enjoy your pes this year.Well for the next few weeks until adam and the rest of the community do a u-turn.You see in the land of the blind the one eyed man is KING!!!

Last edited:

Curdstar,since you cant stop thinking about me and obviously like my username as you mention me in your post i thought i would reply.

I dont give a rats arse what jon murphy claims,ive got about as much faith in konami adressing the flaws with pes2012 as i have the moon turning to cheese.

As long as the game sells well in japan konami couldnt give a **** what we over hear in the west think,its all lip service.

As for a patch,it will only make pes2012 worse because they couldnt help but screw up demo 1 and 2,so there hardly going to be able to fix issues that have been in-grained in next gen pes since 2008.

Good day to you,and enjoy your pes this year.Well for the next few weeks until adam and the rest of the community do a u-turn.

Good day to you also. I will miss your ill-informed rants and conspiracy theories.

People are being pedantic and missing the bigger picture. That screenshot is an illustration of the normal defending you see in any given minute in PES. Nothing in that screenshot is inherently an issue. The issue is that you get into situations like that way too often in every match. I'm sure that's what the guy who posted it was trying to get at.

Last edited:

People are being pedantic and missing the bigger picture. That screenshot is an illustration of the normal defending you see in any given minute in PES. Nothing in that screenshot is inherently an issue. The issue is that you get into situations like that way too often in every match. I'm sure that's what the guy who posted it was trying to get at.

Yeah, surely anyone who's played the game offline knows how big a problem it is? Screenshot or not. It's not as subjective as other issues, it's black & white, horrible anti-football that isn't fun to play against.

I hate how the opposition has a direct free kick outside the box and you move your defender to the post but the ball goes over your defenders head and into the back of the net.

Yeah, surely anyone who's played the game offline knows how big a problem it is? Screenshot or not. It's not as subjective as other issues, it's black & white, horrible anti-football that isn't fun to play against.

i dont know mate, im watching a game now, two games, lyon madrid, and inter and lille.. both teams are setup like that on defense, they aint easy to crack. Slow build up and the occasional counter attack. I think the issue is more that the cpu counterattacks every time for some teams. Im going to try a bunch of klashmans tactics tonight and see if they counter attack less. the deep defensive line is realistic to me...

Pretty much my sentiments on the issue. Every game is just a tedious grind against an entrenched AI that never leaves any space to exploit. I don't think I've seen a team play a high line.

The defence-splitting pass and subsequent one-on-one with the keeper is something of a collectors item now. Instead I find myself playing the percentage game and knocking in long balls and crosses hoping to get lucky.

Pretty much my sentiments on the issue. Every game is just a tedious grind against an entrenched AI that never leaves any space to exploit. I don't think I've seen a team play a high line.

The defence-splitting pass and subsequent one-on-one with the keeper is something of a collectors item now. Instead I find myself playing the percentage game and knocking in long balls and crosses hoping to get lucky.

have you tried drawing out the defenders, slow it down in your own third, bring there players in and try the counter?

James, give it a couple of weeks, it finally clicked with me at the weekend.
Have to agree, it clicked for me too a few days ago. As with every PES, there's faults, frustrations. But the positives outweigh the negatives now for me, I'm appreciating what's good and coping fine with the bad. Actually considered at one lowly, barrel-scaping point (not long before things clicked) moving from Gryffindor to Slytherin. I promptly threw myself down some stairs.

I think the main problem is that 90% of the teams have the same tactic, highly defensive and with 0 mobility from the defenders.

One thing I'm really loving is playing offline multiplayer matches with 1-bar passing assistance. So challenging and rewarding.

I think the main problem is that 90% of the teams have the same tactic, highly defensive and with 0 mobility from the defenders.

One thing I'm really loving is playing offline multiplayer matches with 1-bar passing assistance. So challenging and rewarding.

That's it, and they pretty much ignore their Game-Plan strategy as well in doing so, making impossible to rectify without altering the actual code.

Thinking back, it's something thats been prevalent in near enough every PES in fairness. But it only mildly frustrated me in the past, as I could always jump online and forget about it. Now that's barely an option I can't be arsed to switch the game on anymore. I can't decide if it's Konami's fault for coding the AI behaviour like that, or simply accept that artificial AI isn't yet up to giving humans an interesting challenge without having to resort to such tactics.

Last edited:
Re: If you loved the demos, you'll hate the full game

Demo 2? It was total arcade:

- pace arcade

- shooting arcade( to much power)

- Gk are shit

Don't agree. Full much better in all areas!

The "active AI" was incredible in the demo, Where is it now in the final game? You see flashes of it but they severely toned it down infact Active AI has turned into TeamVision 3.0 in the final game! :DRUNK:

Shooting was far superior also, final game the CPU assists you far too much so im not sure how you think that's more sim than arcade???

Last edited:

It's odd, while I don't doubt what people are saying about the AI having negative tactics, as it did it in PES2011, I just played Germany v France and the game was wide open, if anything a little too wide open, it was counter attack after counter attack.

However, I am fully expecting that the majority of the teams with average ratings to do what you say.

There are some awesome aspects to this game BUT I'm not sure if I see myself playing it long term. One, the stumble animation is STILL happening even if I use all the tricks to supposedly take a larger touch on the ball and stretch the winger's legs a bit. Catch up bug removed, my arse.

Second, the AI seem to be scoring almost every time from that chipped, loften through pass. I don't know how to defend it yet, at least one seems to somehow 'default' it's way to their striker who never seems to miss in these situations.

Third, well, purely aesthetic, but this game is shockingly poor in the graphics department. It gets away with it in summer/daytime settings, but night matches look horrendous. I don't know how they've managed to radically reduce the graphical quality over PES2011 but they have. The night lighting in PES2011 was really nice, especially on the players in close up. Now it looks terrible.

Fourth, I'm not sure I can withstand the dire audio. Commentators are exactly the same, crowd chants sound awful, droning, looping sound bites, and the ball being kicked sounds like a gun going off. One of the demos got the 'ball being kicked' sound pretty much bang on perfect, then for some reason Konami increased the volume. When you watch a match on TV you can almost never even hear the ball being kicked, in PES it grates me every time a ball is kicked.

There is a great game somewhere under here, but it's as if certain aspects of the game are willing me to give up on it.

I think I need to sit down with this game and put a proper two or three hour session in. Admittedly I've not played it as much as I would like due to work and also getting Forza 4 on the same day, which has been getting most of my time. Even so, PES never takes long to get its claws into me but this one feels different.

It's odd because I can only play one or two games of PES2012 before I want to turn it off, something that never happens with me. I'm not getting any kind of immersive feeling or sense of fun.

Some of you probably won't like this but when I play the Fifa demo it feels like a consistent, well-rounded experience that takes advantage of the current tech. Sure, it lacks some footballing aspects that PES does better, but in the end it is a smooth, audio-visually impressive kickabout, that's most importantly fun.

I think I've reached a point where my priorities have changed for a football game. Are the flashes of brilliance PES offers worth it when I have to wade through so much crap for those rare glimpses? The frustrating gameplay, the dated visuals and presentation, the archaic animations, the poor audio? I can overlook all of these things (to an extent) if the gameplay shines (as it did in demo 1). This year I'm not so sure.

More time needed with this game I think.

One thing is for sure; in the year 2011 PES feels more horribly dated than ever. The series relies on the strength of the gameplay to keep its head above water because of its technical deficiencies. If the gameplay is not strong then what does PES have left?

At the moment i can agree with this sentiment and i feel i have to rely on luck instead of an actual approach or gameplan when i put the game on.

Much like yourself i am finding it a "slog" against the AI on Top Player and it feels, more so than others i can remember since the PS1, that it's one rule for the CPU and one rule for me.

-

Now there are aspects of defending i really like. I've been a fan and always understood to always pick your moment and cut off the options, writing guides on this very forum for versions long, long gone...and i am having a fair few moments where this works as i would like and i enjoy the "involvement" when i defend well.

However sometimes i feel helpless, as if a goal has been decided and even if i defend the first "goal pattern" correctly, my clearance is deliberately poor or a random stumble occurs to get the CPU back in possession again.

-

I want some moment of clarity to occur and i realise i've got it all wrong and it's all down to some woeful PES 2012 ineptitude i have yet to overcome.

As the days roll on however i just end up shrugging at some inevitable bout of randomness that take my own input out of the game and leave what's happening on screen down to chance.

Meu Deus, esse jogo é HORROSO! É impressionante a queda de qualidade em relaçao a demo, puta que pariu! De longe um dos jogos mais decepcionantes que e já joguei na vida!

Joguei dinheiro no lixo com esse jogo! Estou sem saco pra escrever em inglês, minha decepção é muito grande.

Jogar com o Barça na Champions League é uma desgraça, uma veronha, vai tomar no CU! Eu escolhi o Barça visando ter boas opções de ataque, boa criatividade de passes e jogadas de ataque com otima movimentaçao, mas isso não existe mais nesse jogo, é terrível, é nojento, nao é nada como na demo. PQP!!

Estou muito triste, esperava tanto, mas o jogo final é tremendamente horrível, muito ruim, chego a ficar com sentimentos de depressão. Como pode algo que poderia ser tão bom ser estupidamente ruim ?

SORRY TO POST IN PORTUGUSE, BUT I WANTED TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS WITH THIS GAME IN MY ORIGINAL LANGUAGE! I THINK THAT WHEN EVERYONE WANTS TO SAY SOME BAD NAMES THEY DO IT NATURALLY IN HIS/HER ORIGINAL LANGUAGE

Last edited:

Playin like Barcelona (passin the ball around with some patience) is impossible, the ai movement on the field is a disaster to try some "triangles" passes, this game is SHOCKING compared to demo version!

I've added a poll to this thread. Please make use of it. No need to open more threads about that anymore.

Demo 1 for me. The AI felt more intelligent and organic, and the play more balanced.

I can't help feeling cheated by PES2012. The product I've paid for is not as advertised. In future I'll be holding off on buying PES after two successive years of this.

Back
Top Bottom