The Retro-PES Corner

@jajabinx35: Dortmund, Leverkusen, Kaiserslautern, St. Pauli, Monchengladbach, Hannover, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe, ??, ??, Nuremberg, Bayern, Stuttgart, Koln, Bochum, Hamburg?, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg. Never seen those two, anyone knows them - without googling, of course?

Hi everyone, I must say, this thread brought a little joy into my life, I never got into modern PES and FIFA for obvious reasons and am very happy to see i'm not alone, I'm currently playing a master league in PES 3 and the cpu is constantly kicking my ass and wow this game is beautiful. I'm fourth in the league and couldn't get to Division 1.
I'm planning to start a master league in PES 6 with AMADOR (Thank you guys, it's like you made a completely new football game, it's beautiful), looking forward to play online with you guys, thank you so much for keeping these games alive.
Another thing, apart from PES 3, which one is the hardest against CPU? I'm a WE9 fan and that is my favourite game of all time, but the CPU in this game is not challenging anymore, geeeeee's adjustments made it a little more challenging for a while, though.

Thanks @nima_umchunga it surpassed even our hopes for it when we made it. Hope you do some posts on your Amador master league on here to let us all know how it goes. I have to confess I've never got around to trying a master league myself on it! I'm really interested to see how it plays out - entirely up to you of course but I would play it with low transfers (as the idea behind it was the players played for the region where they lived) and of course no classic/hidden players. Which team are you going to be, any idea yet?

@jajabinx35: Damn, never even heard of those teams! Your patch is looking superb by the way.

@nima_umchunga: Welcome to the Corner, and to our AMADOR online as well! Glad you like our mod. If you already like it, just wait until you play it online, it's absolutely amazing and much better than the offline game, which is already great.
Yep, it seems like the "outside world" wants us to forget about the beautiful past and just keep on playing only the newest games, and here we are stubbornly fighting against that, all odds against us.

About your question, PES3 should be on top of your list on that regard, but don't sleep on the lost gem that is PES08 PS2, the CPU is ruthless on that one (both offensively and defensively). Now, it's time to throw a curveball: ISS Pro Evo. If I want to get my ass kicked, that's the game I turn on - ISS Pro Evo 2 and Pro Evo 1 PS1 seem to work as well. Few can overlook the rudimentary tech of such an old game, but like I say often, if you just focus on immersing yourself on the game's mechanics, it's impossible not to enjoy it.

Damn I haven't visited this forum for a loooong time. Back then modding forums were on fire. Forums were on fire actually. Soon smartphones arrived, online gaming crashed the borders of Hamachi and here we are.

I remember spending such beautiful times with PES5. 2006 was the exact year that I realized PES was way better. However the lack of licensed teams bothered me a lot. That's how I met with modding community. Later years I started modding basketball games, but PES5 was one of the games inspired me to edit the games I played.

PES5 was an incredible football experience, alongside WE2002 for PS1 and PES6 for PS2. I will miss these times.

Thanks for this thread miguelfcp.

@mattmid Thank you sir, for this amazing patch, I'm definitely going to follow your suggestions on low transfers and hidden/classic players, My first exhibition match was with Yorkshire against Hamburg, completely random, yes, but I really liked the Yorkshire team, I think I'm gonna start my master league with them. I'm going to post my master league progress here and also really looking forward to play with you guys online, keep it up.

@miguelfcp Yes mate, the "outside world" can spend their money on coins and all that rubbish in myclub or whatever, We have AMADOR.;)
But really, I played a game of PES 2020 recently with a mate, what a soulless piece of junk this game is.

I recently started playing PES08 PS2 on PCSX2 based on @geeeeee's suggestions in the forum and I really liked it, the gameplay is a little bit too fast for my taste but it's very good and the cpu kicks ass, played a game today on Top Player, North London (me) 0 - 3 Juventus (cpu), couldn't make a chance on goal :DD... oh I haven't played ISS Pro Evo for a long time, I should revisit those older gems.

Id like to share the work I did on Winning Eleven 6 J league I translated as much as I could including all player names there was some issues with the club team names due to text space and you will notice during the match intro 2 teams have a bit of a mess up in the team photo scene but otherwise its good to go.

I did this on PCSX2 (the game runs a lot better than any other pes title weirdly) and included the option files its decent game worth a couple of games on at least if you are looking to play something different plus the AI are pretty good to play against so just download throw it on PCSX2 and play no need for anything else

https://mega.nz/#!slo0AK6A

KEY FOR DL - tk9FrpXV5YQe1VyKKUedjIC1wj_tF0h15MIFW4MIeik

JLEAGUE2.jpg
JLEAGUE4.jpg
JLEAGUE3.jpg
JLEAGUE1.jpg

JLEAGUE.jpg
JLEAGUE6.jpg
JLEAGUE5.jpg

Last edited:
Id like to share the work I did on Winning Eleven 6 J league I translated as much as I could including all player names there was some issues with the club team names due to text space and you will notice during the match intro 2 teams have a bit of a mess up in the team photo scene but otherwise its good to go.

I did this on PCSX2 (the game runs a lot better than any other pes title weirdly) and included the option files its decent game worth a couple of games on at least if you are looking to play something different plus the AI are pretty good to play against so just download throw it on PCSX2 and play no need for anything else

Great work! I'm interested in playing this, but your link requires a decryption key to download :)

JLEAGUE2.jpg
JLEAGUE4.jpg
JLEAGUE3.jpg
JLEAGUE1.jpg

JLEAGUE.jpg
JLEAGUE6.jpg
JLEAGUE5.jpg

is this on pc?

is there a version with european teams from that season?

is this on pc?

is there a version with european teams from that season?

I played it on PC using the PS2 emulator it runs good you can unlock 11 european teams and european stadiums if you win the Jleague I think for a full european version your choices are PES 2, winning eleven 6 final evolution there is also Winning eleven 6 (JAP not international) I believe that one will be closest to the Jleague gameplay

Anyone know if there is a patch with classic team for PES 2017 PC?
Also is there a tool which can copy PSD stats directly for PES 2017 PC(without manually typing)?

@Meazza84 are you playing this on PC? (The banners looks like it's modded? - Looks really good). Enjoyed the video too!

- Here are some of the other leagues that have been completed for 89' mod. If anyone actually gets all the teams (without googling), I'll consider you as a football encyclopedia!

Attachments

• premier league.jpg
    premier league.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 22
  • french.jpg
    french.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 23
  • italian.jpg
    italian.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
@Meazza84 are you playing this on PC? (The banners looks like it's modded? - Looks really good). Enjoyed the video too!

- Here are some of the other leagues that have been completed for 89' mod. If anyone actually gets all the teams (without googling), I'll consider you as a football encyclopedia!

I knew all the Italian teams, except the second one in the bottom row. I had to google it. :)

Sure, we played this on PC. It's a very good patch you can find here on Sany's thread. (PES 6 EPL 2003-04, modified by Shahruddin Lahading)

I'm really really excited about your project btw. We need more patches of retro European seasons.

@Meazza84
Thanks. Yeah, i didn't think I'd reach this far... So I must finish it lol. Im modding the PSP version, but you can play it on the pc via Ppsspp emulator.

Once the club teams are done, I need to bring back old countries like czechlovakia, East/West Germany, USSR (mainly for realism). But after all the teams are done, the main project begins in modifying the players database and bring back all the legend players.

I'm also planning to release tutorials soon on how to mod the PSP version of the game.

I wonder if anyone of you guys has gone this retro recently :D:

A tremendous victory of the old-school uncle over nephew to make it 3-4 in tournaments won. :BSCARF: Winning Eleven 2002 is pure fun.
Yep, I've been playing the latest season patches for Winning Eleven 2002 by zaaz and seadog. Just discovered them recently. Latest players, kits, teams, stats, better graphics, even a new overhead camera angle. So much fun. Only minor downside is the lack of super cancel in the PS1 games. Would be amazing if they'd added it then. Means you have to be extra precise and patient in your buildup play. At least there's manual player switching.

Last edited:
Happens to me all the time: when I only play ISS Pro Evo for too long, and then play a PES3 or PES5, I'm absolutely amazed by the graphics and the technology of these games, feels a bit overwhelming honestly! Perspective is a powerful thing.
I agree. I've been playing Winning Eleven 2002 a lot of late. Then you suddenly have a game on PES 3 and it's like wow this is some next gen sh*t right here. Even super cancel suddenly feels like this revolutionary thing lol.

@Lexypoooo But when would you use super cancel in buildup play? I mainly use it when I'm defending.
It's more freedom in attack and possession, not just defense: Running onto and receiving passes/crosses/loose balls, cutting angles out, beating defenders to the ball, better positioning for a shot/header/cross/pass etc, a multitude of situations tbh. Maybe you should try it one day.

Last edited:
I know what you mean and I realized that I do it too actually, especially for cutting angles and positioning. Maybe I misunderstood "buildup play".

I was
I know what you mean and I realized that I do it too actually, especially for cutting angles and positioning. Maybe I misunderstood "buildup play".
Maybe I should have left those words off to save confusion. Just making the point that lack of super cancel is a bummer in the ps1 games. They're still tons of fun though and the AI is pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom