The Retro-PES Corner

Hey all.

Is there a way to get PES6 to work on PC with a DualShock 4 at all?

I've not had any problems using DS4 Windows from Ryochan7 (forked from Jays2Kings and actively maintained). Can download from https://ryochan7.github.io/ds4windows-site/

Once you've got it setup you should be able to select it in PES6 settings like any other controller. It shows up as "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" for me.

@miguelfcp I am playing PES 2014 PSP but surprisingly in Master League the Europa League is still the fake one. PES 2014 PC has Europa League license cant understand why PSP version is like that. Do you know which PES has Europa League license?

Watched this video yesterday, unfortunately it is in Greek so you will not understand it. Has a brilliant inside joke sketch in the beginning , the PS2 cannot read the game old CD and the one guy says the tip " You must spit the old disk and rub it with your sleeve", while the other guy says " No, no you must rub the old disk with toothpaste"!!!!!

Except for this it has some very nice info that i had never knew, 1st the "skyscrapers" towers graphics logo when the console is starting , is like a database of your games played , and their shape, their height and their quantity depends on how much games you have played and how much hours each of them.

Second info about the button shapes explanation, the :triangle: is for view something , the :square: is for open folders-menus, AND THE BIG SURPRISE, :circle::x: are for YES and NO respectively. On this part the two guys, maybe cause they are young enough thought that it was cause Japan culture is weird and have an X for yes symbol. But for guys of our age, that we played japan disks back then for non west-localised games, our we are playing them now through emulators, we know that in Asian versions of games and PS firmware, the Confirm is button :circle: and Cancel button is :x:. It is the Europe region thats reversed these buttons function, to be honest it is more ergonomic to have confirm in :x: position.
Plus info on this, Nintendo uses the same pattern as Japanese Sony and has the confirm -A- button on :circle:'s position!

sorry can you give me link for the file?
I think I've got them on a USB somewhere, I'll get back to you later. The PC port was poorly optimized upon release and the official patch made it run smoother. You might have it anyway but it's worth a shot.

I have pes 3 running on win 10 with the original exe working perfectly

Reason I use the default exe and no official patches from konami is because they removed loads of chants and crowd noise to improve performance it sounds so much better with 1.0 and no issues with frame rates

Reason I use the default exe and no official patches from konami is because they removed loads of chants and crowd noise to improve performance it sounds so much better with 1.0 and no issues with frame rates
That's interesting, I didn't know that. I remember 1.0 got very laggy for me for example when it was raining. No issues after updates. I might try it again and we'll see if my new computer can handle the original PES 3 lol.

I get stuttering though, not frame drop

Strange not had anything like that I'm running it at the max resolution the game allows in the menu (no custom kitserver resolution) and high settings

Yea it's really noticeable in regards to the chants there are 5 for each team in default but only 1-3 in updates

Talking of sound in PES 3, I wish we could remove that guy in the crowd shouting something like "Martin" every few seconds. And I've never liked the deflated sound when you kick the ball. Minor complaints though.

Untitled.jpg

Do you guys have any good Option File Editor for PES 3? i tried WeOptEditor And EditPES3 Optionm File but with both i get that stupid error. Cant extend that window so Cant edit full player stats

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 13
Hi guys, I just downloaded the latest Laziale option file for ps2 pes08. I'm kinda new to ps2 emulation and was wondering exactly where I put the files. I have a .max, .sys, .icn and option file. Thanks.

@Pavel08 What scaling do you have windows on, it looks like a java problem related to that. I once had that with the pes6 editor. See here for what sorted it out, might be worth a try. https://evo-web.co.uk/posts/3258036/

Also if you do have it on more than 100% try putting it back to 100 to see if that sorts it out first, otherwise I guess it isn't related to that.

Hi guys, I just downloaded the latest Laziale option file for ps2 pes08. I'm kinda new to ps2 emulation and was wondering exactly where I put the files. I have a .max, .sys, .icn and option file. Thanks.

Hi Lexy, do you have it on an actual PS2 or is it an emulator?

@Lexypoooo: @geeeeee is the Corner's Secretary of the PS2 Division, he might be able to help.
Do you happen to have a PSP? If so, it's easy to transfer a PSP PES08 Option File to the PS2 via USB.

Ha i wouldn't say secretary especially as my option file is stuttering at the moment. I am still working on it but been really busy in my life.

I never was able to transfer an option file from my ps2 to the psp. It’s as if the psp cannot read the cable, very frustrating.

Hi Lexy, do you have it on an actual PS2 or is it an emulator?
Sorry, should have been more clear. I'm playing it on the PCSX2 emulator for now as my PS2 bit the dust. It's running surprisingly well, just not sure where to place those files.

Update: found out I might need a program called mymc.

Last edited:
Sorry, should have been more clear. I'm playing it on the PCSX2 emulator for now as my PS2 bit the dust. It's running surprisingly well, just not sure where to place those files.

Update: found out I might need a program called mymc.

I don’t know too much about the emulator if i’m honest. But anything to do with converting to PS2 and the game itself, fire away :)

Let me know how you find the game? For me it is the best of the retro era.

I don’t know too much about the emulator if i’m honest. But anything to do with converting to PS2 and the game itself, fire away :)

Let me know how you find the game? For me it is the best of the retro era.
No worries, I'll try and figure it out. Good thing about the emulator is you can adjust the speed. It runs a little slower and less frenetic anyhow so feels a little more realistic. It's a very balanced game. Ball physics are much better than pes6 IMO and as said many times, the opposition AI are pretty smart in most areas. Their positioning is good and they cut out passing lanes very well. You also need to be very precise to nick the ball back off them. And of course, they mix up their attacking patterns quite a bit and don't mess around in front of goal. Some of the goals they score are pretty impressive yet you never feel cheated on highest difficulty like in the newer games. I'm still pissed they never released this version on PC. Minor downside is the refs. They let quite a few dodgy tackles go unpunished lol, not a huge deal though.

BTW, these are the dude's latest option files (more like patches tbh as he's done kits, faces, logos etc), updated this month:

PS2:https://www.4shared.com/rar/Dbr4DpASea/2020LAZIALE20.html
PSP: https://www.4shared.com/rar/kciXiAixea/LAZIALE2020PSP.html

Last edited:
No worries, I'll try and figure it out. Good thing about the emulator is you can adjust the speed. It runs a little slower and less frenetic anyhow so feels a little more realistic. It's a very balanced game. Ball physics are much better than pes6 IMO and as said many times, the opposition AI are pretty smart in most areas. Their positioning is good and they cut out passing lanes very well. You also need to be very precise to nick the ball back off them. And of course, they mix up their attacking patterns quite a bit and don't mess around in front of goal. Some of the goals they score are pretty impressive yet you never feel cheated on highest difficulty like in the newer games. I'm still pissed they never released this version on PC. Minor downside is the refs. They let quite a few dodgy tackles go unpunished lol, not a huge deal though.

BTW, these are the dude's latest option files (more like patches tbh as he's done kits, faces, logos etc), updated this month:

PS2:https://www.4shared.com/rar/Dbr4DpASea/2020LAZIALE20.html
PSP: https://www.4shared.com/rar/kciXiAixea/LAZIALE2020PSP.html

I am glad you are enjoying it Lexy. :)

Yes I agree with everything you say and I wish I could slow the game down on the PS2 but I have gotten used to the speed now.

I wanted to ask have you started a ML? If so, could you please tell me the player prices in Negotiations - All Players, are there any players that are valued at 5000?

Thanks

I am glad you are enjoying it Lexy. :)

Yes I agree with everything you say and I wish I could slow the game down on the PS2 but I have gotten used to the speed now.

I wanted to ask have you started a ML? If so, could you please tell me the player prices in Negotiations - All Players, are there any players that are valued at 5000?

Thanks

@geeeeee sorry to come very late to this party. I remember back in 2006 winter, the last time i created my AMADOR-esque Option File with friends from my hometown, school, highscholl, university etc for PES 6...In the beginning i was always creating them-us too OP. As the time was passing i tried to create them with more realistic stats. What i noticed was that, there always was a soft red-line, i do not remember if it was depending on stats or on special skills, or on both of them, but there was this line that if i passed it the player could cost 5.000 in ML. If i did not passed it, the player would cost much less I.E. reducing one player's speed+accel or stamina for +5 and removing some special skills, could cause his ML value from 5.000 to go straight down to 1.380.
I cannot remember now how i did it exactly but it seems that after this editing-limit, the values are skyrocketing automatically to 5.000. It is not the case that you will go from 5.000 to 4.950 for example. By fixing the correct terms, it seems that the players goes automatically much lower, to where he should be.
I could say that this 5.000 max value, is a camouflaged way, to lock balance in game. But i remember clearly that after a while, i achieved to have all my players cost from 1.200 to 2.500 or 3.000, after many tests in edit mode and ML.

@geeeeee sorry to come very late to this party. I remember back in 2006 winter, the last time i created my AMADOR-esque Option File with friends from my hometown, school, highscholl, university etc for PES 6...In the beginning i was always creating them-us too OP. As the time was passing i tried to create them with more realistic stats. What i noticed was that, there always was a soft red-line, i do not remember if it was depending on stats or on special skills, or on both of them, but there was this line that if i passed it the player could cost 5.000 in ML. If i did not passed it, the player would cost much less I.E. reducing one player's speed+accel or stamina for +5 and removing some special skills, could cause his ML value from 5.000 to go straight down to 1.380.
I cannot remember now how i did it exactly but it seems that after this editing-limit, the values are skyrocketing automatically to 5.000. It is not the case that you will go from 5.000 to 4.950 for example. By fixing the correct terms, it seems that the players goes automatically much lower, to where he should be.
I could say that this 5.000 max value, is a camouflaged way, to lock balance in game. But i remember clearly that after a while, i achieved to have all my players cost from 1.200 to 2.500 or 3.000, after many tests in edit mode and ML.

Yeh it is strange how it all works. It took me a lot of play testing with my option file to find out the work around. This is what i posted during a conversation with someone on this forum.

“I will try to explain, with the option file that i am doing i have not unlocked any classic or extra players or teams. The reason being is that for some reason the price for some of these players in ML was 5000 points regardless of their stats which means they were more expensive than the real stars. I had tried to overwrite them with the likes of Messi etc... but then their value went down. After much testing I noticed it was because of the skill stars that made the price go down on these unlocked players. So the only way that I could overwrite an unlocked player with Messi was to delete all of his skills like dribbling, tactical dribbling etc... which meant he would not be as good in the game.

So the work around was to not unlock them. I thought this was great until I did global editing of speed. For some reason that editing unlocked the players and they were appearing in ML for 5000 again. So i had to scrap global speed adjustment (long story that one :P )”

Hope that makes sense. :)

@geeeeee: Have you ever tried any speed/agility adjustments on PES08 PS2? After that Euro Cup experience with Portugal, and playing against those super weak teams, I get the feeling that reducing those stats would give the game a more realistic, patient pace.

Back
Top Bottom