The Retro-PES Corner

@geeeeee: Have you ever tried any speed/agility adjustments on PES08 PS2? After that Euro Cup experience with Portugal, and playing against those super weak teams, I get the feeling that reducing those stats would give the game a more realistic, patient pace.

Yes I would love to migs as it makes the game more realistic but it would affect the ML and to quote myself again :P regarding the 5000 salary players....

”So the work around was to not unlock them. I thought this was great until I did global editing of speed. For some reason that editing unlocked the players and they were appearing in ML for 5000 again. So i had to scrap global speed adjustment.”

So the only way to change the speed is to change each player manually or i suppose i could make a duplicate of the option file and then copy each player which would be slightly quicker.

But of course if it is just for cup competitions then global editing would work.

@geeeeee I feel like I might have said this before when we were talking about the global edits and then I've forgotten to follow it up by checking if it can be done. Are you editing it with the pes2008 editor or in game? Does the 2008 editor have an import csv option? My idea is that you could export your option file to csv, then global edit the speed in excel then import it back into the editor. Of course if it doesn't have an import option then you can't do that.

I'm going to download the 2008 editor and check anyway, in fact I might have it on my pc already, although I'm not sure as I never did any editing on the pc version.

EDIT: Ok, I see it doesn't have an import option. Does importing from a PES6 file work in game in PES2008? I remember PES6 had that option to import a PES5 option file. If it does then you could export from the 2008 editor, import it into the PES6 editor (might need adjusting if it's not exactly the same format - guessing it's probably the same though) save it and then import the OF into PES2008.

Last edited:
@geeeeee I feel like I might have said this before when we were talking about the global edits and then I've forgotten to follow it up by checking if it can be done. Are you editing it with the pes2008 editor or in game? Does the 2008 editor have an import csv option? My idea is that you could export your option file to csv, then global edit the speed in excel then import it back into the editor. Of course if it doesn't have an import option then you can't do that.

I'm going to download the 2008 editor and check anyway, in fact I might have it on my pc already, although I'm not sure as I never did any editing on the pc version.

EDIT: Ok, I see it doesn't have an import option. Does importing from a PES6 file work in game in PES2008? I remember PES6 had that option to import a PES5 option file. If it does then you could export from the 2008 editor, import it into the PES6 editor (might need adjusting if it's not exactly the same format - guessing it's probably the same though) save it and then import the OF into PES2008.

I am sure we had this conversation before.

How do you import an excel document back into the editor? I have tried with PES 5, 6, 2008 editor but do not see an option.

I know how to export out of the editor but not to import it back.

@geeeeee Yeah I thought we had :D You need this version of the pes6 editor https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-editor-peterc10-dev.79986/ it has an import csv option added. :)

Thanks matt, that looks really good although i am not sure how successful it would be when transferring the option file using the in game options.

I will message the guy and see how possible the import option would be to add it to the PES2008 editor. I am thinking not possible as there are probably only 10 of us in the world that still play the game :)

Question guys, what is the best cheap laptop to get that will run retro PES and editors?

I am using an old gaming laptop that is on its last legs and i use mac when it comes to other computer things. So i was thinking about getting a cheap lap top with the needed specs.

Thanks

@geeeeee I wouldn't think you'd need too much. PES6 runs fine on my laptop which was pretty good at the time but is 7-8 years old now so in relation to todays specs it shouldn't take much to run that retro era well.

Just had a look at the specs...

Dell Inspiron
Intel i3 210ghz
4GB Ram
Integreated Graphics

I would think you'd be able to get something a lot better than that for under £300.

@geeeeee I wouldn't think you'd need too much. PES6 runs fine on my laptop which was pretty good at the time but is 7-8 years old now so in relation to todays specs it shouldn't take much to run that retro era well.

Dell Inspiron
Intel i3 210ghz
4GB Ram
Integreated Graphics

I would think you'd be able to get something a lot better than that for under £300.

Thanks matt, i am actually hoping to get something for under £200 as i will only use it strictly for basic editing.

My laptop’s wifi has not worked for a few years so i have to connect it with ethernet cable which falls out quite a lot. Then there is the battery that no longer works and if the power cable falls out (which is also loose) then the power goes off straight away. So every four players that I edit I have to save. And i am constantly checking both cables are not about to fall out.

Ha ha i think it is time for a newer one.

I am seeing my dad in a few days, i may ask if he still needs his laptop. ;)

@geeeeee Yeah I thought we had :D You need this version of the pes6 editor https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-editor-peterc10-dev.79986/ it has an import csv option added. :)

Hi matt i tried this today. I tried to import the PES2008 csv into it but it would not work. :(

Not sure what changes i would need to make for it to work.

One thing i was thinking of regarding stat adjustments...

I could do the global changes and then change the locked players back to their original stats. Maybe that would keep them locked in ML.

It wouldn't take as long but will give it a try after i have completed the OF.

Dell Inspiron
Intel i3 210ghz
4GB Ram
Integreated Graphics

I've been curious about this. I'm on:

• Dell Latitude E7270
  • Intel Core i5-6300U @ 2.4GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • Integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics 520)
Mostly I'm fine bar a bit of stuttering for lightly patched and option file-only games, but as soon as I try anything that's quite heavily patched (like one of the 2019-20 patches of PES6) it grinds to a halt. I also struggle to run an emulator with, for example, PES2.

Does that sound right? Or should my machine be able to handle that? I'm not smart enough to know. Is there anything I can do to improve performance?

Thanks matt, i am actually hoping to get something for under £200 as i will only use it strictly for basic editing.

My laptop’s wifi has not worked for a few years so i have to connect it with ethernet cable which falls out quite a lot. Then there is the battery thaït no longer works and if the power cable falls out (which is also loose) then the power goes off straight away. So every four players that I edit I have to save. And i am constantly checking both cables are not about to fall out.

Ha ha i think it is time for a newer one.

I am seeing my dad in a few days, i may ask if he still needs his laptop. ;)
I am with @mattmid & @miguelfcp . I have a Lenovo G510 laptop, back from 2014, intel i5, BS integrated graphics and i can play every pes from 3 to 2010 on highest settings and 2011 up to 2017 on highest settings using Jekney's tools or other tools (i think it is sider) to bypass the non-GPU barrier that the newer PES games have, so you can enforce resolution and quality.
On win7 of course.
The only cases i had problems, were pes 2012 & 2013 where for some reason i have tearing, pes2008 ps2 emulator, which needs something better and the pes6 most recent HD patches, where i have micro stutters.
Always the bloidy PES 3 is so resources-hungry, it is the only pes that i have fps drops between diffetent screens, normal-celebrating-replay. I always believed that pes3 was designed by an ancient superior civilisation! !

I am with @mattmid & @miguelfcp . I have a Lenovo G510 laptop, back from 2014, intel i5, BS integrated graphics and i can play every pes from 3 to 2010 on highest settings and 2011 up to 2017 on highest settings using Jekney's tools or other tools (i think it is sider) to bypass the non-GPU barrier that the newer PES games have, so you can enforce resolution and quality.
On win7 of course.
The only cases i had problems, were pes 2012 & 2013 where for some reason i have tearing, pes2008 ps2 emulator, which needs something better and the pes6 most recent HD patches, where i have micro stutters.
Always the bloidy PES 3 is so resources-hungry, it is the only pes that i have fps drops between diffetent screens, normal-celebrating-replay. I always believed that pes3 was designed by an ancient superior civilisation! !

Thanks for the tips :)

Being honest i dont even want one to play any games. Its just to run a pes editor so that i can do editing. And also photoshop for the emblems.

On win7 of course.

Interesting. Could Windows 10 be the issue for me? Running in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7 seems to make little difference. All advice welcome! I'd really like to be able to play some of the new season patches and emulation for PES and PES2, especially.

:LOL: Sorry Flipper but you sound just like me. :P

Hey, no point in sugar coating it! I have a rough grasp but little else. There's so much information and often it's conflicting. That's why I'd sooner entrust the good eggs here on Evo-Web!

@Flipper the Priest I was just thinking about this and it might be the stadiums causing it. In fact I seem to recall HD grass being a cause of that problem somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind! When you next get stuttering try replaying the game in an older made stadium or a konami original out of interest, at least that'll eliminate it as the cause if it's the same.

@geeeeee If it's just for editing and emblems I would think a ZX Spectrum would work :LOL: Seriously though I'd imagine anything would be fine for that, assuming the photoshop stuff was just resizing etc.

Don't stress the specs guys. My current Windows laptop is a bit of a potato and I've got pes08 running perfectly on PCSX2. The other older windows versions of pes should run as smooth as notepad. BTW, if anyone is thinking about using the Laziale patch for 08, make sure you have the EU version of the game for ps2/psp.

@geeeeee Have you considered installing windows on your mac via Bootcamp? I play all the retro PESes and use PES editors on my Macbook Pro mid-2015 with no issues.

Hi Nima, thanks for the idea but no i havent. If i am honest i prefer to keep my mac separate from these things. I had a bad experience, twice, using certain software to run windows and was downloading and playing games but then my mac was acting like it had a virus and never recovered. I used to think that macs cannot get virus’ but was proofed wrong.

Hey guys !!! I'm finally joining the party, I installed PCSX2 and the game works perfectly, with some minor stutters that don't affect the game.

I just downloaded laziale's OF and don't know how to add it.
If anyone can help, it'll be very appreciated.

Alsp another question, so in PS2 version, only the OF is enough for full kits and stadiums and boots and all that??? No tweaks in the AFS files???

Hey guys !!! I'm finally joining the party, I installed PCSX2 and the game works perfectly, with some minor stutters that don't affect the game.
I just downloaded laziale's OF and don't know how to add it.
If anyone can help, it'll be very appreciated.
I did this the other day. First off, make sure you have the EU and not US ISO. Then you need a program called mymc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/

If you have an issue opening the gui on Windows 10 then follow the instructions in the last post here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l/a62dbab0-4b63-4f4a-88a8-3121103116cf?page=2

Make sure the memory card is formatted, then open the mymc gui, select memory card and import the Laziale .max file, then run the game and enjoy.

Last edited:
I did this the other day. First off, make sure you have the EU and not US ISO. Then you need a program called mymc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/

If you have an issue opening the gui on Windows 10 then follow the instructions in the last post here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l/a62dbab0-4b63-4f4a-88a8-3121103116cf?page=2

Make sure the memory card is formatted, then open the mymc gui, select memory card and import the Laziale .max file, then run the game and enjoy.

Thanks bro, I'll try this at home tonight.

Back
Top Bottom