The Retro-PES Corner

I don't think there's any PES 3 editor with the 'OF2' option. As far as I know it only became mainstream (and now it is almost a "must have") when Compulsion released his PES 5 OF editor.
I guess that you either do it via hex (a thing that I probably couldn't do to save my life) or opening two OF's side by side and editing all the values by hand.
Kinda what I did with the 2 option files and 2 editors open. The import/export players makes it so much easier then through hex though as you can get all of the original players values etc in one hit as I'm not sure of they edited appearances etc too?

This is how your house look like when your 2,5 year old - Tazmania- son discover your empty CD. And this Is what you discover forgotten inside for ages!!! :)

Pay attention whoever plans to be parent. There is not naff space for everyone-everything ;) :P

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_232154.jpg
    IMG_20200721_232154.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20200721_232136.jpg
    IMG_20200721_232136.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200721_232140.jpg
    IMG_20200721_232140.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200721_232324.jpg
    IMG_20200721_232324.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
My biggest problem with that patch for we6:Fe is that the master league defaults have had their names edited, I hate it when patch makers do that. Wendetta did it on Pes 3 I think and I spent ages undoing it. I don't mind the music so much but I know what you mean.
The other problem I have is a ps2 issue, it's so slow running games off usb as they are usb1 ports I think, even on my slim. I might have to revisit using opl network options as I did that last year and it worked like a charm.
Finally...I now can't decide whether to play we6:Fe, Pes 3 or pes4 this evening...?

Yuck. Just seen that. Not even proper names, either, they're like nicknames. Horrible!

I think my game's running quite well off USB on my old and fat (I know how it feels) PS2. Wonder if it's quicker burning and running off disc?

What did you play in the end? PES4 a distant third for me, and it's tight at the top!

I had to find another patched version and take the option file from that.
Then I opened the pes3 option file editor twice and opened up each option file. You can export players (original ML) and then import them over the Wendetta edited ones. Bit of faff I won't lie, but it works...just make sure the import/export IDs are the same so you don't overwrite someone else by mistake.

Kinda what I did with the 2 option files and 2 editors open. The import/export players makes it so much easier then through hex though as you can get all of the original players values etc in one hit as I'm not sure of they edited appearances etc too?

DELETE.gif

Which editor were you using? I know not of importing and exporting.

(...)
Finally...I now can't decide whether to play we6:Fe, Pes 3 or pes4 this evening...?

A regular Tuesday for a Retro-PES enthusiast.

-----

Time for a PES United Master League on PES08 PS2, as promised.
PES United, a team from Parts Unknown; land of the fit, home of the fake. The club was founded back in the glorious PES3 and apparently, is still alive in the modern version of the game; however, much like the ML Defaults, they seem to have lost their charisma a long while ago. Perhaps, the whole series has.

The PES United roster in PES2008 is curiously in the same state as the game was at that point: an aging bunch of players trying to avoid their own inevitable obsolescence, in a club desperate to relive its past glory of the late 90s/early 00s, refusing to reinvent itself and move forward, perhaps with fresher talent. The Comos, the Virotas, the Ranows, the Azaras, the Heycorys, the Romaldinhos, the Metelgers (Metal Gear...?) have all seen much better days yet they're still hanging around, probably because no one else wants to become a PES United player, so they have no choice but to continue exaggerating the already impressive average age of this roster - where the youngest is, if I'm not mistaken, sideback Nzom Gole, one of the few PES United individuals under the age of 30. My mission, should I choose to accept it, is obviously to take PES United to world domination; but for that to happen, I'll need to freshen this squad.

I decided I'll only be able to buy PES/WE United players - though I already broke that rule, as you'll find out later on - and will keep our current roster until they retire, exactly as I did on my previous PES08 ML with the Defaults.

///

My PES United was going to use a 4-4-2 flat formation; as for the starting-11, many doubts persisted. The team lacks a proper box-to-box midfielder and the CBs are not brilliant, rapidly aging and awfully slow. The best of the bunch are Ranow and Sariw, both with 61 Acceleration. Elsewhere we were rather well-served; particularly the striker position has a lot of interesting (but, again, old) talent, and overall we had to be considered one of the best if not truly the best team of the D2. Now, how could I tie all this talent together to form a winning side?
This was the starting-11 I chose for the first 5 matches of the season:

Como; Virota (cap.), Ranow, Sariw, Azara; Heycory, Otam, Romaldinho, Ciumira, Dogue, Agata.

Como the eternal PES United number 1 in goal. Virota, the team's legendary captain, alongside the slowest CB pair of the game, Azara the agile as LB. Heycory has been the DMF of this side for two decades, and at the age of 40 is like a fine wine. Romaldinho is the creative element as our AMF but striker Otam appears, surprisingly, as a CMF: his nice passing and Teamwork stats convinced the manager to play him there. Ciumira is also a natural CF but his poor shooting yet good stamina, dribbling and Aggression could turn him into a decent SMF. Up front, Agata is expected to score a lot of goals, this time alongside another surprising partner: Dogue, a SMF; perhaps the manager wanted some extra energy (91 Stamina), Dogue doing the dirty work for Agata.

This didn't work. At all. Five matches in and we lose 4, grabbing a lonely (and useless) 0-1 win against Hammarby on the 2nd leg of the D2 Cup's first round, which didn't matter because we had lost 2-3 on the 1st leg. What could turn this ship around? I already knew the only possible answer. A change of the team's formation, you say? Different tactics, or players? No, silly. The right answer is: we'll give our players makeovers.

Several visual issues had to be fixed. For example, it was absolutely shocking that not a single PES United player had a moustache. Heycory is one of the world's most feared DMFs for his tackles have ended countless careers and yet he looks 13. Plus, none of them have a moustache. We had to turn this roster into a team of gentlemen, and only then we'd win. To the hair salon we go (only messed with their hairstyles/beards/accessories): here's a few stellar examples:

y0CsLA1.jpg
WQQnOWw.jpg
LQTwWZA.jpg

Metelger got out looking like a classier Agent 47 from Hitman. Virota looks like Omar Sharif, which promptly got him the nickname "Doctor Zhivago). Heycory no longer looks like a prepubescent boy and it's now entirely believable by looking at his respectable moustache and thinning head of hair that he won't take sh*t from anyone, referee including.

//

As I was expecting, the PES United gentlemen turned things around in style, with a help of a few tweaks on our starting-11.

Como; Azara, Ranow, Sariw, Nzom Gole; Heycory, Virota, Otam, Ciumira, Agata, R. Acuna.

Azara takes the RB position and leaves a more defensive-minded player as LB, Nzom Gole. Virota becomes the CMF despite his unimpressive short passing, though his energy and football IQ make up for it. Otam becomes a very dynamic AMF and Acuna replaces Dogue as the second striker, as he's much more competent in front of the goal.

If before the makeover we were two points away from absolute bottom, we ended the first half of the season very close to the top.
Then, I broke the rules of this challenge for I felt compelled to bring in two legendary ML Defaults: Stein and Minanda. Though the latter played about fifteen minutes before ending his 6-month contract with PES United, Stein was important for us later on, particularly when we needed to hold on to a win by employing the vicious midfield duo of Heycory and Stein, both professional yellow and red card collectors.

After the January break we improved even more and got ourselves on a very promising position, as on the last day of the season, we're two points ahead of the 3rd place, meaning we only needed a win against poor Hammarby (last placed team) to get promoted - and Dinamo Zagreb, 3rd, had to win their match.
Interestingly, we actually concede a goal on the first 15 minutes of that match...we tie it, 1-1. Then we concede another, 1-2. This can't be happening. We tied once again and on the last 10 mins of the match, Otam throws the dagger and we win 3-2. But wait...a title is getting brought on to the pitch...? Valenciennes, who spent the whole season on the 1st place, loses their matchup (so does Zagreb) so...we're crowned champions of the D2!!!

glk4GD9.jpg

Most prolific offense and...most prolific defense, for the adversary. We just enjoy goals.
Despite the drama we make it out of the D2 as soon as possible, which was not only expected of us given the quality of our roster, but also was fundamental for my objective of giving some (major) silverware to the Virotas and Heycorys who should soon retire.

--------------

As a bonus, here's my Retro-PES Goal of the Week candidate, scored on the Season 2's pre-season vs. Bordeaux

A regular Tuesday for a Retro-PES enthusiast.

-----

Time for a PES United Master League on PES08 PS2, as promised.
PES United, a team from Parts Unknown; land of the fit, home of the fake. The club was founded back in the glorious PES3 and apparently, is still alive in the modern version of the game; however, much like the ML Defaults, they seem to have lost their charisma a long while ago. Perhaps, the whole series has.

The PES United roster in PES2008 is curiously in the same state as the game was at that point: an aging bunch of players trying to avoid their own inevitable obsolescence, in a club desperate to relive its past glory of the late 90s/early 00s, refusing to reinvent itself and move forward, perhaps with fresher talent. The Comos, the Virotas, the Ranows, the Azaras, the Heycorys, the Romaldinhos, the Metelgers (Metal Gear...?) have all seen much better days yet they're still hanging around, probably because no one else wants to become a PES United player, so they have no choice but to continue exaggerating the already impressive average age of this roster - where the youngest is, if I'm not mistaken, sideback Nzom Gole, one of the few PES United individuals under the age of 30. My mission, should I choose to accept it, is obviously to take PES United to world domination; but for that to happen, I'll need to freshen this squad.

I decided I'll only be able to buy PES/WE United players - though I already broke that rule, as you'll find out later on - and will keep our current roster until they retire, exactly as I did on my previous PES08 ML with the Defaults.

///

My PES United was going to use a 4-4-2 flat formation; as for the starting-11, many doubts persisted. The team lacks a proper box-to-box midfielder and the CBs are not brilliant, rapidly aging and awfully slow. The best of the bunch are Ranow and Sariw, both with 61 Acceleration. Elsewhere we were rather well-served; particularly the striker position has a lot of interesting (but, again, old) talent, and overall we had to be considered one of the best if not truly the best team of the D2. Now, how could I tie all this talent together to form a winning side?
This was the starting-11 I chose for the first 5 matches of the season:

Como; Virota (cap.), Ranow, Sariw, Azara; Heycory, Otam, Romaldinho, Ciumira, Dogue, Agata.

Como the eternal PES United number 1 in goal. Virota, the team's legendary captain, alongside the slowest CB pair of the game, Azara the agile as LB. Heycory has been the DMF of this side for two decades, and at the age of 40 is like a fine wine. Romaldinho is the creative element as our AMF but striker Otam appears, surprisingly, as a CMF: his nice passing and Teamwork stats convinced the manager to play him there. Ciumira is also a natural CF but his poor shooting yet good stamina, dribbling and Aggression could turn him into a decent SMF. Up front, Agata is expected to score a lot of goals, this time alongside another surprising partner: Dogue, a SMF; perhaps the manager wanted some extra energy (91 Stamina), Dogue doing the dirty work for Agata.

This didn't work. At all. Five matches in and we lose 4, grabbing a lonely (and useless) 0-1 win against Hammarby on the 2nd leg of the D2 Cup's first round, which didn't matter because we had lost 2-3 on the 1st leg. What could turn this ship around? I already knew the only possible answer. A change of the team's formation, you say? Different tactics, or players? No, silly. The right answer is: we'll give our players makeovers.

Several visual issues had to be fixed. For example, it was absolutely shocking that not a single PES United player had a moustache. Heycory is one of the world's most feared DMFs for his tackles have ended countless careers and yet he looks 13. Plus, none of them have a moustache. We had to turn this roster into a team of gentlemen, and only then we'd win. To the hair salon we go (only messed with their hairstyles/beards/accessories): here's a few stellar examples:

y0CsLA1.jpg
WQQnOWw.jpg
LQTwWZA.jpg

Metelger got out looking like a classier Agent 47 from Hitman. Virota looks like Omar Sharif, which promptly got him the nickname "Doctor Zhivago). Heycory no longer looks like a prepubescent boy and it's now entirely believable by looking at his respectable moustache and thinning head of hair that he won't take sh*t from anyone, referee including.

//

As I was expecting, the PES United gentlemen turned things around in style, with a help of a few tweaks on our starting-11.

Como; Azara, Ranow, Sariw, Nzom Gole; Heycory, Virota, Otam, Ciumira, Agata, R. Acuna.

Azara takes the RB position and leaves a more defensive-minded player as LB, Nzom Gole. Virota becomes the CMF despite his unimpressive short passing, though his energy and football IQ make up for it. Otam becomes a very dynamic AMF and Acuna replaces Dogue as the second striker, as he's much more competent in front of the goal.

If before the makeover we were two points away from absolute bottom, we ended the first half of the season very close to the top.
Then, I broke the rules of this challenge for I felt compelled to bring in two legendary ML Defaults: Stein and Minanda. Though the latter played about fifteen minutes before ending his 6-month contract with PES United, Stein was important for us later on, particularly when we needed to hold on to a win by employing the vicious midfield duo of Heycory and Stein, both professional yellow and red card collectors.

After the January break we improved even more and got ourselves on a very promising position, as on the last day of the season, we're two points ahead of the 3rd place, meaning we only needed a win against poor Hammarby (last placed team) to get promoted - and Dinamo Zagreb, 3rd, had to win their match.
Interestingly, we actually concede a goal on the first 15 minutes of that match...we tie it, 1-1. Then we concede another, 1-2. This can't be happening. We tied once again and on the last 10 mins of the match, Otam throws the dagger and we win 3-2. But wait...a title is getting brought on to the pitch...? Valenciennes, who spent the whole season on the 1st place, loses their matchup (so does Zagreb) so...we're crowned champions of the D2!!!

glk4GD9.jpg

Most prolific offense and...most prolific defense, for the adversary. We just enjoy goals.
Despite the drama we make it out of the D2 as soon as possible, which was not only expected of us given the quality of our roster, but also was fundamental for my objective of giving some (major) silverware to the Virotas and Heycorys who should soon retire.

--------------

As a bonus, here's my Retro-PES Goal of the Week candidate, scored on the Season 2's pre-season vs. Bordeaux

I would say that Metelger is more a fusion of the two "iconic" CBS, C. Metzelder and P. Mertesacker!! :P

That is a beezer. Absolutely sublime. How often do you take that step back, only to go too far and hitting a low half-volley. But you've properly caught that one.

----

I'm really getting into my PES 2013 ML, despite various old PESes and FIFAs distracting me. It's really picking up as I wheel and deal and get a bit more quality in my squad, namely pace.

Another plus to transfer activity is seeing less of those wretched default names. Who or what is a Macovshire, for example? It's one of the many inexplicable quirks that we've just come to accept over the years. Yes the whole concept of the Master League default team is pure fantasy, but I draw the line at these nomenclatures.

Of the ML defaults token Jocks:

Eddington - at least it is a name, albeit an uncommon one and not one I've ever come across.

Edingson - why?

Ruskin - again, a real surname but a very, very, uncommon one.

Macovshire - piss off.

Canning - at last, something sensible.

Anyway, narrowly missed out on promotion in my first season with Macovshire and co. More able players coming in is washing away the awkward running and floaty shooting and I'm feeling optimistic about promotion this time round.

Yuck. Just seen that. Not even proper names, either, they're like nicknames. Horrible!

I think my game's running quite well off USB on my old and fat (I know how it feels) PS2. Wonder if it's quicker burning and running off disc?

What did you play in the end? PES4 a distant third for me, and it's tight at the top!

View attachment 52586

Which editor were you using? I know not of importing and exporting.
Honestly, I don't know...I have just spent half an hour looking through the editors I could find on my laptop and I can't see one that does it. I actually thought I'd gone mad for a moment and imagines/dreamt it...but I have found the folder that I exported all the files to so I definitely did it. They are named Player2632.wpd, Player2633.wpd etc if that helps anyone on these forums?
I will continue to search through as it is bugging me now. I only exported them on 10th July so that doesn't bode well for me or my memory does it haha.
I thought it was WeOptEditor 1.29 by JedAil as I am almost certain the players had country flags next to them but I can't see any export options when I right click etc, only import from CM4.
I'll let you know if I find it.

To answer your question, I didn't end up playing any of those 3 for much time...I tried each but then also fired up WE9LE that I had installed on PC and I ended up starting a master league on there. It is the 74 patch and I like it a lot, the stats are edited so no teams are super powered and it results in a slower game which is really enjoyable. I went for Napoli '74 with the ML defaults and am enjoying it so far.

In my ML it's 2011. About 20 games into the 30 match season, I'm 3rd with Arsenal in 2nd and Chelsea in 1st. They haven't been as strong this season though and only went top after I beat Arsenal. Over the summer I decided to let go of a few of the old guard; Iouga, Valeny and Stremer were all denied a new contract. The Romanian didn't play often, though did well enough when he did, and the other two were servicable in defence though getting long in the tooth, and Valeny was looking a little shoddy as a first choice CB next to his teammates O'Brien and Jaric. I bought Southgate, who had just regenerated, as a future first choice (pretty good already to be honest), and put Liebermann in the centre of my three man defence as first choice. The big German is at his peak, and can be relied upon to clear a lot of aerial danger.

I also, perhaps controversially, sold Ivarov to Middlesborough. I've moved 20 year-old Shilton up to being first choice now, with Lothar on the bench. This did occasionally leave me with slightly tired keepers (which might have contributed to what happened in Europe, see below), so I decided to acquire a young Englishman over the Christmas break, which I did in the form of a fellow named Cooper. I prefer to get as many English players as I can, being an English side. Lothar cornered me in the car park after the first training session of the season, complaining at being passed over for the first choice position, suggesting that I was xenophobic and only liked English players. I considered pointing out that Shilton was already superior to him, and that my coaches predicted a premature decline in Lothar's abilities, but instead I just pretended I couldn't understand his broken English and drove off.

In the European Cup, things haven't gone as well as in the league- this is the fifth season that I've been in Europe and the first that I haven't reached the knockout stage. In the qualifying stage I had a blinder, winning all games and only conceding a couple of goals, but in the proper competition I was struggling. In my group were Inter, Real Madrid and Barca. Last year the two Spanish giants were pretty poor and didn't get out of the group, but this year they were better. Inter were struggling in Serie A and it showed, because despite making a few chances against me their finishing was poor, and we all beat them in every game. Unfortunately I just couldn't beat the Spaniards, and when Real beat me in our second meeting alarm bells were ringing. I had only managed two wins in the group, two draws and a defeat. Real and Barca would go through if I couldn't beat Barca in the last game. I started well, scoring after five minutes, but later in the half Deco equalised for Barca. I wasn't making many chances in the second half and made some late substitutions, including Hamsun. The big Norwegian came up trumps with a lovely half volley which Victor Valdes got a hand to but couldn't keep out, with just five minutes remaining. I thought I had done it, but right at the death Stein, playing in defence, screwed up when intercepting a pass and bungled it into Ronaldhino's path. Silently screaming at the ugly git to miss, I watched in despair as he did the opposite, and sent me out of the competition. Unlike others in the thread, I am afraid I have little love for the little Irishman, and this latest blunder did not endear him to me!

On the bright side, I am now in the UEFA cup, which will hopefully allow me to score some more nice goals. In the D1 cup, I've just won the first leg of the semi-final against Man Utd, with the other being played between Groningen (promoted this season and bottom of the table) and Newcastle. I knocked out Chelsea in the first round, so they won't be in the final for once! I've been playing quite well in the league, only a couple of defeats (though 3-0 to West Brom stung a bit!), and with Chelsea looking a bit less invincible this season I have some hope of catching them (only four points behind, I think).

My main strike force this season is Ordaz and Orellano, an Argentine newgen player I picked up several seasons back. Very fast and skilful, one of the best players in the world even, but can't head the ball for toffee. Burchet is still my first choice on the right wing at 34 years old, though he became a bit slower last year (only 92 pace :P). Castolo gets in sometimes as one of the CFs. Ordaz is already up to 10 league goals which I am happy with. I've been scoring more penalties this season than last, though my free kicks haven't been as reliable (penalties are bloody hard to score, I've had games where I've missed two and felt like switching it off). Having fun though, and playing some nice football more often than not.

Espimas will be retiring this year at the age of 38. He has played over 200 games for me. Even now the reliable French machine can go several games without needing to be rested, one of the best in the squad in this regard. Unfortunately changes to the way I've played since 2006 have meant he has scored very few (scored 2 league goals in Div 2, 3 league goals in 2006 in Div1, and only 3 since, which were in the cups). I started off playing Espimas in a more central role, sometimes actually designated as an AMF, but moved away from this as the midfield as a whole didn't seem to be working.

The more I experiment with playing people in positions they aren't designed for (something I have this thread to thank for, saw someone mention it from years back when browsing it recently), the more I think both Espimas and Ximilez are suited for AMF positions, though both have attributes for wing play too (Ximilez with his good dribble accuracy for jinking past full backs and his good long passes for crossing, and Espimas for his decent speed, dribbling and strength to hold off challenges to get to the byline). In a future playthrough, I intend to focus on this, having one or both of them feature in AMF positions. I've also toyed with the idea of playing a career as a single player using the 'fix' function.

Oh, almost forgot; Man Utd haven't been very consistent and are a bit off the pace (but still scoring a lot), however, once again Van Nistelrooy hasn't scored in the league! He did score one in the cup tie against me, though, which was his first in that competition. I don't know if he scored in Europe, though Utd failed to get past the groups as they did last year.

The more I experiment with playing people in positions they aren't designed for (something I have this thread to thank for, saw someone mention it from years back when browsing it recently), the more I think both Espimas and Ximilez are suited for AMF positions, though both have attributes for wing play too (Ximilez with his good dribble accuracy for jinking past full backs and his good long passes for crossing, and Espimas for his decent speed, dribbling and strength to hold off challenges to get to the byline). In a future playthrough, I intend to focus on this, having one or both of them feature in AMF positions.

I must say I am a fan of this as well, quite often played Ximilez behind the front two, or Valeny defensive midfield, Burchet up front, Ostwaut defensive mid, Nachdecal up front or on the wing, even defensive mid, Minanda as sitting midfielder, Espimas sitting midfielder as well, Castolo as roving full back, all sorts of variations down the years. In my opinion it's fun to mix it up.

Eddington - at least it is a name, albeit an uncommon one and not one I've ever come across.

The only Eddington I've ever heard was Paul Eddington who played Jim Hacker in the brilliant Yes Minister/Prime Minister and he wasn't Scottish either :)

The more I experiment with playing people in positions they aren't designed for (something I have this thread to thank for, saw someone mention it from years back when browsing it recently), the more I think both Espimas and Ximilez are suited for AMF positions, though both have attributes for wing play too (Ximilez with his good dribble accuracy for jinking past full backs and his good long passes for crossing, and Espimas for his decent speed, dribbling and strength to hold off challenges to get to the byline). In a future playthrough, I intend to focus on this, having one or both of them feature in AMF positions. I've also toyed with the idea of playing a career as a single player using the 'fix' function.

I know that PES does (or at least did) penalise players playing in a position they cannot play in (ie a skills drop of some amount) but I think if they are just one 'move' away such as playing LM when they are a LB (also playing on the opposite wing I think, ie a LB playing RB) the the penalty is minimal. I believe it was the PES 5 guide that I read that. Don't have it to hand to find what it says exactly but I'm sure that's where I read it. Even so without doubt some players suit other positions with their stat sheet and it's always fun to try them out elsewhere.

I think you are right Mattmid, but I cannot find a mention of it at the moment in the manual after a few minutes browsing. I had a vague idea that there was some penalty to performance. If it just stops them being as good during the game, that's fine because I think the player can more than make up for a small loss of skill. Certainly the benefit of having Ximilez in the centre with Minanda, with his quick dribbling (relative to Minanda), is enough to offset any such penalty.

What a strike! A wonderful goal.

Sure was, a beauty :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
After a long break, I'm back to Pes 3, on my ongoing ML.

Had the team already adjusted time ago: after winning D1, bought OMF Herzog and legendary but scary Seba Rossi (will be 2nd keeper instead of the disastrous De Goey, my only transfer out) as the two last pieces of my old guys puzzle to try and assault the treble.

Won the debut against Udinese, thanks to a great Redondo's long range, then it was time to tackle Europe.

Very interesting Wefa table I've been draw in:
pes3 2020-07-18 17-49-50-05.jpg

I've immediately clashed against Prague, which I faced even the season before and was as tough as then; only managed to draw 1-1. Can't wait to play Ile De France/PSG and OFG/Celtic.

Third match was another draw against Bourgougne, in league. Can't remember if they had Cassano last year too (I think so) or if they bought him now, but he played as an all round- OMF and show some lovely stuff around the field.

Which do you think is the best one between Pes 3 (WE7) and Pes 5 (WE9)? I like both and still can't choose.

I usually play Pes 5 because of the better database.

I have a question about PES 2008 PS2 option files if I may...
I can only find
the PES editor 2008 that opens max files, I tried to open the original option files from the PS2 itself but it won't even recognise them, nevermind open them. It opens the .max ones no problem though.

My question is, is there a converter for changing .max files to 'normal' PS2 BESLES-54913P2K8OPT
option file
format?
If not, does anybody know of any editor that allows you to open the normal format option files?
Either solution would work as I can either convert my normal file to .max, edit it and convert back, or I can just open the normal format file with the different editor.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Russ

Any idea how to fix lag in PES 3 with Windows 10?
A combination of the following usually works for me.
D3d overrider
Enbconverter
And running the game as admin with compatibility windows xp service pack 3.
Playing around with those in combination seems to solve it for me usually, hope that helps.

@Ameppe: Choosing one of those is truly a hard thing to do.
Globally PES3 has to be the better game, because it's a complete experience unlike PES5 and its lacking attacking AI. However sometimes PES5 gives you so much depth elsewhere that you don't even mind forgetting about that, it's that good. For a long-term save I'd definitely pick PES3; but if you're just casually dipping your toe on retro-PES gaming, why not playing...both? Then you rotate between them, keeping it fresh. What I usually do is I play a season on my ML, for example my recent PES08 PS2 save, then I pick PES2 and play a International Cup, then I go back to 08 PS2. One never gets bored and experiences the best of both (or more...) worlds.

--

It's not always about great goals. Sure, they're flashy, aesthetically pleasing. But football is more complex than that.

One of the things I like the most about PES08 PS2 is the little details that often go by unnoticed yet help creating the wonderful experience this game provides. Some Besiktas player was attacking down the right, my painfully slow (nowadays with 60 Acceleration, about 70 Top Speed) CB Sariw was after him. I know the opponent is incomparably faster than Sariw, so I use a bit of R2 to try to contain him better, waiting for the perfect moment to use :x: and risk "going in". Sariw commits to a tackle, which for the sloth that he is makes him look as if he were underwater compared to the opponent, who seems to beat Sariw because of his change of direction and Sariw's poor timing. For a moment, it looks like a done deal as Sariw will never get back on that play; but the thing is, despite the fact that he's awfully slow and not at all agile, he's still has good Defense and Balance (around 80) and Response (high 70s). If you analyze it closely, you see that he understands right away that he was beaten, so the first thing Sariw does is to understand rapidly where the ball is. His good Defense and Response stats - defensive awareness - allow him to quickly get back on the play: as soon as he sees the ball again, he never takes his eyes off of it. Sariw then uses his left arm to block the opponent's run, runs like a maniac, before he commits to a vigorous, well-timed and ultimately successful sliding tackle.

PS2 PES were more than sports games, they taught football lessons. You could show this clip to a young aspiring footballer because what Sariw did there is a masterclass on defending. Just tell him: did everything Sariw did there and you'll be fine. Just don't be that slow or fat, but otherwise you're good to go.

...And before you wonder about the player (my) input, moments later I did the exact same thing with Azara (low-60s Defense, Balance and Response, despite his 90 Acceleration...) and the results were...laughable. Your skill as a player is important but player stats matter a lot.

I can only find
the PES editor 2008 that opens max files, I tried to open the original option files from the PS2 itself but it won't even recognise them, nevermind open them. It opens the .max ones no problem though.

My question is, is there a converter for changing .max files to 'normal' PS2 BESLES-54913P2K8OPT
option file

format?
If not, does anybody know of any editor that allows you to open the normal format option files?
Either solution would work as I can either convert my normal file to .max, edit it and convert back, or I can just open the normal format file with the different editor.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Russ

Not to my knowledge, certainly. On either count.

Worst comes to worst, I have a Max Drive and could convert it for you.

A combination of the following usually works for me.
D3d overrider
Enbconverter
And running the game as admin with compatibility windows xp service pack 3.
Playing around with those in combination seems to solve it for me usually, hope that helps.

Not working for me. Enb converter make the game crash in strip selection screen btw

Not working for me. Enb converter make the game crash in strip selection screen btw
Ah PES may be the one where ENB makes it do funny things. If you try the rest without ENB and make sure to add your exe in D3d overrider then that may help

My 2011 PES 5 season ended with another league title for Chelsea. I finished 2nd, my best position since 2006, and it was narrowly my best league performance in terms of points, goals scored and goal difference. I won the D1 cup against Newcastle, and the Uefa Cup final against Man Utd. This was their third consecutive Uefa Cup final, and yet again they finished runners up. I won 2-0, the first goal coming midway through the second half. Espimas played a lovely short free pass to cut diagonally behind the defence, so that Ordaz could cut inside two defenders and run onto it. The keeper ran out and managed to block Ordaz's shot, but with great fortune it cannoned off the following defender, Edimendo, and into the net. Man Utd were playing their first season without the retired Roy Keane, and that perhaps explains their slump in the league; from finishing 2nd in 2010, they were 5th and well off the pace in 2011. The CL was won by Chelsea in the final against Real Madrid- they also beat AC Milan in the semis, a team that had regularly beaten Chelsea in recent years. Perhaps Milan are on the wane; both Vieri and Inzaghi retired at the end of the year, the latter with only 70-odd appearances but 40-odd goals. I don't think they've made any big signings to replace them over the summer.

My own league performance was pretty good; as I said, Chelsea were again winners, and actually won by a large margin, but it would have been closer had I not slipped up late in the campaign. Of the last four games I won one, drew two and lost another, which was frustrating since I had narrowly won all the corresponding fixtures in the first half of the season. They were all low down in the table so it was doubly annoying; I just wasn't playing well. It wouldn't have got me the title though, and I did at least finish on a positive note with a 4-1 win over Everton (who had actually started the season very strongly, but later on went into a slump which has continued into 2012).

The top scorer in the league was again Michael Owen, though it doesn't seem to have changed Newcastle's overall league position much, they qualified for Europe with a modest WDL record as they often do. My own top scorer was Ordaz on 13, with Orellano, my young Argentine supremo, getting 10. Those are just league goals though, and most of my cup games were higher scoring than in the league.

Espimas retired at the age of 38 after a season in which he had been playing as well as ever, though without scoring. He played a total of 273 games for me over 7 seasons, scoring 8 goals and making 8 assists, though his contribution to winning the ball back and taking part in attacking moves on the right of the pitch cannot be recorded.

Over the summer, I decided not to renew Stein's contract. He has never been my sort of player, and although his versatility in being able to play at CB or DMF is useful and he has great stamina, his lack of technical ability and midget proportions limit his performance in many circumstances both offensively and defensively. I also sold Dodo for a rather low offer from Ruhr, who play in the mixed European league and often finish high up the table (may have won it before, actually). He was getting little action due to the great talent and stamina of Mauro Silva, so I decided to give him the opportunity for the first team football he deserves, as well as opening up more room for purchasing young players. So having sold one player and lost one to retirement and another to non-renewal of contract, I had three new spaces in the squad.

I bought two new players, Paul Ince (24) and an Austrian winger I had been eyeing for several years, Feurer (23). That's not pronounced like Fuhrer, he insists angrily, but I am as yet unsure of the correct version.

I started really well this season, and it seemed at first that my days of 1-1 draws and occasional defeats to rubbish teams were over, but after scoring a lot in the first three and winning the fourth 1-0 vs Arsenal, I began stuttering. I drew 2-2 with Fulham after falling behind twice, lost to Newcastle and then drew 1-1 with Everton (they are bottom). I've picked things up a bit, but I'm still three points behind Chelsea who have only drawn once in 11 games. Having finished 2nd in the league last year, I didn't have to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 2007. I actually missed the early cup games. I've made a decent start in our group, winning against Palermo and drawing with Man Utd, who lost their first match against AC Milan. All six English clubs are in the main group phase of the competition.

Last edited:
Ah PES may be the one where ENB makes it do funny things. If you try the rest without ENB and make sure to add your exe in D3d overrider then that may help

I tried to mess with Windows SP3 and D3D overrider but without success. Maybe cause im using a AMD VGA, you are using NVIDIA one.

I can only find

option file

format?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Russ

If I understood correctly what you need is the PS2 SaveBuilder.

It allows you to open a MAX file and creating a folder with the name BESLES-54913P2K8OPT inserted inside the three files that will appear.

guys I have a question - I’d like to play pes 3 again on the pc, but I can’t find my old CD’s where I had a copy. can’t find it anywhere online to download. anyone have any tips on how to get it or willing to upload it if they have it on the drive?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom