The Retro-PES Corner

I feel your pain, Prosinecki was cut from a different cloth, I find it difficult to think of any equivalents in the modern game. Even players recently retired like a Xavi or your Sneider of Van der Vaart and the like, they dont really compare to the Hagi or Prosenecki type talents. Like yourself I could go on and on about it.

Just looking at the England team from Euro 96 versus the England team from the 2018 World Cup and doing a player by player comparison leaves anyone with no doubt that there has been a clear shift in terms of the types of characters or personalities playing the game. Obviously there is a multitude of different reasons for this reality we are now in, but David Seaman or Jordan Pickford? Tony Adams or Harry Maguire? Paul Ince or Jordan Henderson? Gazza or Deli Ali? Kane or Shearer? To be honest I would even take a Sheringham over Kane. It's not that Kane and the crew are bad players it is more the fact that the game has changed to the point that there is less room for expression in the modern game (I also have more love for the Euro 2000 squad than the 2018 iteration, which speaks even more keenly to my point).

In terms of less room for expression in the modern game, I think it is as true on the field as it is off the field with all of the media training and agents meddling, forcing player moves, robotic interviews and the amounts of money at stake for clubs, players, sponsors etc football has been corporotised to within an inch of its original nature and it is reflected in the type of coporate parlance they use when talking about the sport 'the product'. Its all clean and shiny, the sheen is on point, the modern stadiums almost equivalent in architechtural aesthetic to vacuous modern airport terminals, the sport routinely utilised in order to push whatever political slogan is flavour of the month and keep the sponsors in tow, the idea is to give it the veneer of being clean and wholesome, yet scratch the surface and you see that it is just a big gold plated, diamond encrusted money train that everyone who benefits from does not want to derail.

The on field game itself now bereft of strong tackles, go to ground the referee blows his whistle, and yet still despite the added protcection, we see less skill, less audacity, less mavericks than when two footed challenges were staple hallmarks of the game. Of course two footed challenges are bad and should be punished, but diluting the aggressive elements of the game, elements that (I am in the realm of speculation here) perhaps provided players with a rock face to climb, as a player you had to navigate your way through on field obstacles that were sometimes patently nefarious, pitting yourself against characters of the ilk of a Vinnie Jones or in more refined terms a Roy Keane would provde the opportunity for a player to slay the dragon in a way that modern day footballers are not afforded. Thus a seismic rift has taken hold, even more so currently with no fans at games, the corporatism of football is as glaring as it has ever been.

I truly believe those lucky enough to have been around to wintess the 90's and early 00's witnessed the golden age of the sport when the corporatism had not truly taken hold it was still emerging and the on field game hit just the right note in terms of player safety as well as inherent on field danger, combined with the right level of athleticism so there was still space on the pitch to create moments that are as evocative 20 years down the line as they were at the time, perhaps even more so as time marches on. Even if in terms of popularity the sport has not dwindled, in terms of everything else it seems to be caught in a downward spiral.

Apologies for the rant.

If my English were better, I'd have written that post. Agreed 100%.

///

For the first time in many months (excluding a secretive but lonely PES3 matchup weeks ago) I took the PES2 disk out of my PS2, for I remembered to check out on my legendary PES08 ML, 16 seasons in. Played a couple of matches, then on the next day I had an idea for a new ML save and...the unthinkable happened: I saved it over my previous ML save, so...it's the end of that amazing journey. I'd be sadder if I didn't at least feel that closure of having taken the Defaults to worldwide glory, I feel that the job is done nevertheless. 2021 was the virtual, fatal year; here's what the likes of Minanda, Stein, Gutierrez conquered in 15 seasons.

Trophy case:

1 D2 Cup / 2009
1 D2 League / 2010
8 D1 Cups / 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021
5 D1 Leagues / 2014, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021
1 Masters Cup / 2013
5 WEFA Championships / 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

---

IMG_1036.JPG

I'm glad I didn't see Stein retiring, what a legend. Defaults' captain for 15 years since 2007, Stein was all about character and grit. He's now undoubtedly my favourite Default of all time - yes, even above Minanda.

IMG_1037.JPG

On the other hand, Gutierrez was clearly our best player. This team was Gutierrez and 10 more for 15 years; his tremendous goal record confirms it.

I could've shown more players, as despite all the Newgens/PES/WE United players that I acquired over the years, the starting-11 always had at least 9 ML Defaults: Baumann, Jaric, El Moubarki, Ruskin, Stein, Van Der Berg, Hamsun, Ordaz and Gutierrez; all of them have at least more than 300 matches played for the club - and were now close to their retirement, all of them over the age of 35. They'll be forever remembered as legends.

Does anybody remember Scenarios on ISS on the SNES? If I recall correctly they had that feature on the N64 ISS as well I dont know why they dropped it from later iterations of the game, I always thought that was a good interesting feature. Take over a team at a certain point in the match and try to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I remember on the SNES the hardest one was playing as Bulgaria vs France, you had 20 seconds or so to score cant remember if it was one or two goals, it was based on a world cup qualifier in 93 iI believe, when David Ginola gave the ball away and Bulgaria ran up the pitch and scored which enabled them to qualify for USA 94 at the expense of the French. David Ginola was never forgiven as Gerrard Houllier the French manager at the time publically hung him out to dry, blaming him for their failure to qualify. As an aside to this aside Graham Taylor who shared the feat of not qualifying his country for the World Cup in 94 legitimately blamed the referee in England's game against Holland in Rotterdam who failed to give what looked like a cast iron penalty when David Platt was through one on one with the keeper. Instead he inexplicably blew for the foul, awarded a free kick and a yellow card to Ronald Koeman for the infringement. Didnt take long for the dutch to win a free kick of their own and who calmly steps up to flick it in the top corner from the edge of the English penalty area, yep Koeman of course. Scandalous, Im still not over that injustice. Graham Taylor sure did not like that, his reputation suffered greatly after that debacle, whereas Houllier went on to share a bench with Roy Evans, before neatly elbowing Roy off said bench.

Anyway long story short, I reckon they should have kept Scenarios and had them on PES 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. It would have been a nice addition to the games.

Last edited:
Ordaz and Gutierrez; all of them have at least more than 300 matches played for the club - and were now close to their retirement, all of them over the age of 35. They'll be forever remembered as legends.

What's the oldest you have had a player reach in Master League mode? I cant remember definitively and I have no direct evidence but, i'm pretty sure on PES 2008 I've had a number of 43 year olds, at one point I went around buying the oldest players on the game, just to see how long they would all last before retiring, I had a team of +40 year olds some of who went on to 41, or 42 before retiring, I swear I had a 43 year old too, but dont remmber ever having a 44 year old.

1 D2 Cup / 2009
1 D2 League / 2010
8 D1 Cups / 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021
5 D1 Leagues / 2014, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021
1 Masters Cup / 2013
5 WEFA Championships / 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

Quite a haul, seems like you really got motoring around 2014, that 2013 cup success was the catalyst, then the silverware kept on coming, love the realism of how it took a few years acclimitisation in the top division before your dynastic era took hold. Made that cup your own! Arguably the league and WEFA Championship as well.

I'm thinking of appeasing my creative juices by attempting to chronicle my master league team in written form, would this thread be the right place for that, or is there a different thread on this site that is better suited for that type of indulgence? I don't want to commit an internet faux pas.

@delapena23: I always say that myself: when gaming becomes a real-life substitute, then you lose both: gaming and real-life merge, what's the point then? Part of the charm of these retro games is that they give you enough reality mixed in with fantastical elements, such as the quirky graphics and mechanics, fake names and players: it's not a substitute for the real but a kind of alternate reality.

About your camera angle question, I usually pick the first Broadcast one but thanks to @Flipper the Priest's suggestion, I started playing PES2 on 16:9 and haven't gone back, now the Wide angle looks by far the best with that configuration.

Personally, I don't think I've had any above the age of 42: in this particular ML, Stein, Espimas and Minanda were the oldest at 41 - though I bet that if I could go on with the save, Stein would've easily break that record (91 Stamina at the age of 41, that man was a machine).
However, I was curious about what was the oldest player on this ML and I believe it was midfielder Ba - may have been the same who once played for Milan - who was 45 or 46! Don't know if it was a bug as I had never seen a player that old on a ML save.
There's also PES or WE United's goalkeeper, a fake player called Footyn, who I believe is originally a 45-year-old in PES08. That's one of the reasons why I bought his regen on my ML: to find out when would he retire, perhaps breaking the age record in the meanwhile...

My friend, this is absolutely the place for that idea of yours, go for it! I know the thread is very long now but if you look back, there's loads of ML reports many people (including me) wrote over time.

--

@Worm199: Why was I the only one liking your post? Because I now realize you are absolutely right. We can't play a UEFA Champions League on an almost 15 year old game. This is unacceptable. I now understand that though I was enjoying playing all these games, I shouldn't have enjoyed them because they were not released on the Current Year and they're old; we all know old things are...bad, you know?
In light of this new information, I'm burning all my PES games as we speak and will rename this thread to "The Non-Retro-PES Corner", while editing all my previous posts here to display only the word "HERESY": I encourage all of you to do the same, or else the Inquisition will find you and accuse you of conspiring against Konami for playing a non-modern PES.

I have another PES 2011 question if I may.

I have now installed it on my PC - thanks to the very helpful guys on this forum - and installed a patch etc so it is up and running.
I have a weird issue though...even though my PC is high spec and runs modern games smoothly in HD & 4K with no probs, performance is a bit weird and jerky on PES2011.

It plays really nicely on the Xbox 360 and is like a different game. I just fired it up on there to make sure that I had misremembered but it is definitely much smoother and less jerky on the 360. It's actually a joy to play on 360 which is why I wanted the get the PC version as if the game played the same but I could get patches etc it would be great.

I guess it could be a couple of things but any help would be appreciated.
It could be compatibility as my PC runs windows 10? Maybe playing around with the compatibility modes will help?
Does anybody have any other ideas or come across this issue before? I know there are ways to make PES6 and older work using direct x dll's and D3D overrrider etc, any tips on getting 2011 to run smooth would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Russ

After losing my glorious PES08 ML, an interesting idea popped into my head out of nowhere: a ML save using PES/WE United; this time I could only acquire PES/WE United players (the Iujimanos, the Romaldinhos, the Agatas, the Virotas, etc.). I still don't know whether I'll be able to acquire/sell them at will, or whether I'll take a page off of my last ML and will only be allowed to acquire a player when one of mine retires.

Anyway, I chose PES United, and was immediately disappointed to find that Iujimano was not on the roster (he's playing for the eternal rivals WE United); though there are a few classics such as captain Virota, 40-year-old Scottish professional leg-breaker Heycory, skillful dribbler Romaldinho (no, not Ronaldinho...Romaldinho) and striker Agata (be sure you never accidentally search "Agata" on Youtube). Oh, and the slowest pair of CBs in this game, Sariw and Ranow.

I mustn't post my starting-11 nor formation yet, for on the first two matches of the D2 League, I lost them both. I'm trying to neutralize some of the problems this roster has, which so far has included playing strikers as CMFs and SMFs, SMFs as strikers, and probably tonight a SB will play as CMF; but not sure whether this is going to work at all - so far it hasn't.

Despite losing both matches, this reminded me of how amazing PES08 PS2 is, especially now that I'm playing it using a significantly worse bunch of players than those that I grew used to on my previous ML. How the hell could this game pass under our radars back then...

Fans on PES 2005 and 6 looked so realistic I mean before every game camera would pan out on the fans and you'd see them wearing team colours etc. That's immersion, small details like that make the difference. I remember back in PS1 how amazed I was that ISS goalies had gloves and FIFA ones went barehanded until PS2 came along.

Despite losing both matches, this reminded me of how amazing PES08 PS2 is, especially now that I'm playing it using a significantly worse bunch of players than those that I grew used to on my previous ML. How the hell could this game pass under our radars back then...

I was sold on 2008 the moment i played it, I thought it was a vast improvement on the previous iterations, I bought PES 2009 when it came out and PES 2010 too, but continued to go back to PES 2008, cant remember if 2009 or 2010 was the last iteration released on the PS2. I dipped in and out on the PS3 always preferring to go back to play 2008, when i got a PS4 I was hoping all the reviews I read year in year out were accurate, the best game ever etc, unfortunately that never rang true for me, graphics great, gameplay not so much. For me 2008 is the pinnacle. Having not played it for perhaps over a year, I decided to give PES 3 another go, Im glad i have done, cos it is fantastic, and was always my second favourite in the franchise. That said if I had jumped straight from PES 2008 to PES 2003, I am pretty sure I would not enjoy PES 3 as much, Im glad I had taken a PES sabbatical before turning to PES 3, the beautiful thing is, in the future I know I will have PES 2008 to return to, for so many different reasons I find that to be the greatest game of the lot. The bizzare thing is I barely found anyone in real life who shares that opinion, It is almost as you intimate the game was lost to time. I have been playing that game for the last decade. Have some footage saved somewhere of odd in game occurences, I will attempt to upload it here at some point.

I said the same recently on here, the world cups and euros as a kid and even beyond were so enjoyable because of that mystery. Finding out about players from the other side of the world, most you'd never even heard of and at best you had vaguely heard of the name. Now as you say just about everyone is known even before they've really made it. I still enjoy the tournaments but that mystique has indeed gone. As for the Qatar World Cup... Have to think it's a shame it wasn't scheduled for 2020, although they'd still play it this year no doubt.

Returning to PES, what a shame it wasn't around back then!
My first world cup was Italia 90, I was watching it in my bedroom on my black and white tv when I should have been in bed. I remember turning it off and jumping back into bed if I heard somebody on the stairs lol.
It was a different time though, mystique is a good word for it. Even something like the FA cup was different. The final was an event, you'd watch the build up all day and there wouldn't be any other matches on...magical times, different but magical.
I don't know if it's me getting older, football changing or both (probably bit of both) but it's not the same sadly

WHy dude. Cause of this? :D @Madmac79 is this song italian?

Yeah, it's an italian classic of the sixties :D . One of the many songs that characterized Italy's still very young public television (RAI) in those years. I can understand that for somebody of another country/language it may sound aged, funny or something, but whenever I hear italian music from that era I always get warm feelings indeed :) .

I couldn't agree more with the views on modern football talked about and articulated so well in the last couple of pages, absolutely bang on how I feel about the sport at the moment.

Any time I think about voicing an opinion like this I always think that I'd just come across sounding like an old man going on a "back in my day..." rant and consider that maybe it's just that I've simply grown out of or lost interest in football, but I'm glad to see all the same views so clearly laid out and shared by others.

I still enjoy playing 5-a-side, the social aspect of talking about football with friends (and playing fantasy football) and the atmosphere inside the grounds, but I despise pretty much everything about modern professional football on and off the pitch. I don't give a toss who wins anything in club football any more other than hoping the most corrupt and bankrolled teams lose.

Booting up these old PES games, even just looking through the squads and seeing the iconic names evokes memories of that era and what football meant to me at the time, and I think it's for that reason I enjoy revisiting these classic games as much as for the gameplay experience itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's an italian classic of the sixties :D . One of the many songs that characterized Italy's still very young public television (RAI) in those years. I can understand that for somebody of another country/language it may sound aged, funny or something, but whenever I hear italian music from that era I always get warm feelings indeed :) .
Yes dude, i didn't mean it sounds aged, it sounds classy-classic to me. Although it is not my favourite type of music, i like such songs. I just asked cause in wikipedia it says about this Nino Ferrer that "was an Italian-born French singer-songwriter" . I will wait @miguelfcp to solve the mystery about Agata and Youtube. I typed out of curiocity and found two Youtuber girls from Rusia and this Italian song.

Even something like the FA cup was different. The final was an event, you'd watch the build up all day and there wouldn't be any other matches on...magical times, different but magical.
I don't know if it's me getting older, football changing or both (probably bit of both) but it's not the same sadly

Ah yes, FA Cup day was the best day of the year as a kid, better even than Christmas day. It was the pinnacle of the season. A whole day of football themed tv, a special Question Of Sport episode, all culminating in a 3pm kick off, the huge Wembley pitch always seemingly unbelievably sunny on the early May day. Then off out into the garden to re enact the best moments by kicking a ball against the wall. Now they've moved the kick off to 5.30 and teams put out weak sides in it. A sorry state of affairs indeed.

Really want to get in depth into this conversation but can't get the time!

Otherwise: anyone here familiar with Free MCBoot?
I bought a ps2 memory card with it pre-installed last year some time. Was every useful for transferring files and a plethora of other things you can't do with a standard ps2

Ah yes, FA Cup day was the best day of the year as a kid, better even than Christmas day. It was the pinnacle of the season. A whole day of football themed tv, a special Question Of Sport episode, all culminating in a 3pm kick off, the huge Wembley pitch always seemingly unbelievably sunny on the early May day. Then off out into the garden to re enact the best moments by kicking a ball against the wall. Now they've moved the kick off to 5.30 and teams put out weak sides in it. A sorry state of affairs indeed.

The nearest thing I have come to that feeling as an adult, is having holiday booked for a World cup or European Championship, knowing you have a festival of football in front of you, can't beat that feeling. Especially world cups in the group stage when there are 3 games spread across the day, sometimes four on a weekend if I'm not mistaken. I remember having that feeling in 2014 had a couple weeks off work and was giddy with excitement. I seem to recall it kicked off weirdly on a Thursday night with hosts Brazil vs Croatia, then the Friday had 3 games, then England were up against Italy as the third game on the Saturday, we lost 2-1 to the Italians, by the time Tuesday rolled round we played our second game up against Uruguay and repeated the trick losing 2-1 again and were rather unceremoniously out of the competition (bar the dead rubber of a game we were obliged to play against Costa Rica). What a let down that was four days in to the tournament and we were already out.

At least 2018 made up for it a little bit, despite ultimately bottling the job, that run to the semi final revivified my love for International football. Not that we were that good even, but the way the country got swept up in the festivities reminded me of how inclusive and collectively uplifting football can be and boy did we need it given our 2010 borefest folowed up with a 2014 slapstick comedy that rather neatly was the one of a one two punchline the two of said puchline was being knocked out of Euro 2016 by Iceland the Roy Hodgson wonder years, what a vintage! Can't believe that man was in charge for 3 straight tournaments, he should have resigned in embarrassment after that 2014 four day shit show.

Rather oddly some of my favourite tournaments havent even featured England, I loved Euro 2008 as well as World Cup 94 despite or maybe because England did not feature, obviously I want England to be at every tournament, but a weird side effect of them not being present is that you don't worry so much about the other teams, you can relax and enjoy the spectacle not caring if such and such beats whoever as there is no direct consequence for the team you support. Naturally you still have teams you favour over others, but it's distinctly different when the team you support is still a potential contender in a tournament. That all said I always want England to qualify for tournaments, despite the fact I cant ever really enjoy watching them play, unless they go 3 goals up, which as we all know they never do.

That Colombia game from the last World Cup aged me considerably, yet was also the most theraputic game of football I have experienced since I was a kid, that end to the game with Colombia scoring in the last minutes to equalise, was so predictably England, Colombia who should have been at least down to 10 men, VAR in use but not used for some reason, then the nail biting extra time, where we looked terrible, and on to the familiar terrain of a penalty shoot out at an International tournament. We hadn't won one since Euro 96 against Spain 22 years previously, talk about a psychological scar, all of that pent up repressed emotion from going out on pens in 1990, 1996, 1998, 2004, 2006, 2012, if you're a football lover and follow England, you know how much winning that penalty shoot out against Colombia meant.

Seriously after that game I was done, it was all downhill from there, but I was content, its like some form of exorcism had taken place. As far as I was concerned we were on house money after that, and though with a critical mindset I think we under performed in the semi against Croatia, I was happy enough because of that Colombia game, the emotionally charged narrative, that path that as England fans we had wearily trodden down so many times before, no one needed directions we'd been round this block a million times, yet on this occassion it was flipped upside down at the last minute, we actually won the shootout???? Seriously I couldnt contain myself, I was welling up, silent tears of joy crept out of the corner of my eyes, and believe me when I tell you I am an emotionally repressed Englishman, I'm about as emotionally charged as a day spent reorganising a bookshelf, my wife was looking at me like I was demented, and i suppose I cant deny the fact that in that moment I truly was! Some people may think that is sad and maybe it is, but outside of the obvious things in life it is only football that has that emotional power for me, it's not something I ever looked to manifest, It just is what it is.

Apologies for these unrelated to PES tangents. I will get back on the ball in my next outing.

Last edited:
@delapena23:
Quite a haul, seems like you really got motoring around 2014, that 2013 cup success was the catalyst, then the silverware kept on coming, love the realism of how it took a few years acclimitisation in the top division before your dynastic era took hold. Made that cup your own! Arguably the league and WEFA Championship as well.

The first few seasons were very hard indeed. Because of the rules of the challenge I was playing, I had to wait until one player retired to get a new one, so for a couple of years I focused mostly on giving playing time to the younger Defaults, waiting for the newgen(s) that would save us from D2. Two years in and I'm finally able to get a new CB, Jackson, and that did the trick: we became a proper football team.
Then, about 5 years in, Ivarov retires and we get a wannabe-Chilavert/Rogerio Ceni, Fredriksson, set piece and penalty kick specialist, who much like Jackson became one of the best in the world at his job. Sadly, after many hundred attempts over about 10 seasons, I was never able to score a free kick with Fredriksson but he did grab dozens of assists and even scored a tremendous goal which I posted here on the thread a long time ago. If I recall it properly he had just taken a corner kick from the right, the opp's defense intercepts it and our rather unorthodox keeper is already running like a maniac to get back to his goal; the ball appears right in front of him and I just think; well, I have to get rid of it. I :square:-it mindlessly and unintentionally scored one of the best goals of the save.

Anyway, all of this to say that Jackson and Fredriksson turned us into a top tier side; plus the younger Defaults grew quite a lot with all that playing time - all but Ruskin, who for some reason and despite having played more than 400 matches never improved his attributes by more than 3 points. Most of them didn't become world class players yet still they got pretty good; Hamsun, Ordaz and Gutierrez were definitely the few who'd make it on a top-5 European team, also the two newgens obviously. Eventually we got many more newgens who despite being much better players than most of our Defaults, they never took their place on the starting-11 - I'm solely to blame for that.

A few years of world domination led me to shake things up and decided to let go of almost all of the newgens, bringing in a few significantly weaker ones originally from the PES/WE United teams for the 15th season. However, we still won all three major titles despite the downgrade, our starting-11 with an average age of surely +35!

--
That goal! (and that team!) A few days ago I played a match with Paraguay and did all I could to get a short free kick for Chilavert, never happened though.
Surely that Brazil squad has got to be one of the most iconic teams on PS2 PES games. Before anyone mentions it: PES5's AC Milan too.

@slamsoze: You asked for it...

Agata haunts the Portuguese music scene for more than 40 years now. Funny thing is; if you mention her name to any of my fellow countrymen, they'll laugh about it..."haha, yes, Agata, ridiculous stuff eh?". Yet somehow she is still...around. Much like our politicians and media personalities.
Now imagine every time your Agata from PES scores a goal and hearing that song playing in your head, and you'll know how I feel. Tragically, so far in this new ML of mine Agata is our top scorer...by far.

(...)
Booting up these old PES games, even just looking through the squads and seeing the iconic names evokes memories of that era and what football meant to me at the time, and I think it's for that reason I enjoy revisiting these classic games as much as for the gameplay experience itself.

That reminds me, I don't play modern PES so I wouldn't know whether I'm wrong about this, but it sure looks very strange to see football legends from yesteryear playing on Allianz-Arena-carbon-copies (Modern Football Stadium #26, #37, etc.) with electronic adboards and a dark-purple/fuschia scoreboard. It doesn't feel right at all.

That reminds me, I don't play modern PES so I wouldn't know whether I'm wrong about this, but it sure looks very strange to see football legends from yesteryear playing on Allianz-Arena-carbon-copies (Modern Football Stadium #26, #37, etc.) with electronic adboards and a dark-purple/fuschia scoreboard. It doesn't feel right at all.
I hadn't really thought about that but it's a good point, and will surely irritate me every time I see these players in modern games from now on, so thanks! :P

I haven't played much of the modes where they cram those players in but I did use a file on PC the last two years to get the Legend edition MyClub stuff just out of curiosity to see what they gave me. In 19 I got Nedved and in 20 it was Park Ji-Sung. It would have cost £10-20 more for that edition for that one extra player and some "spins" throughout the year...

I find the use of classic players in those modes pretty distasteful - using genuine legends of football as the prizes in a slot machine that takes real money in a 3+ rated game. Reducing footballing heroes to shushing/dabbing jackasses playing for "Ebola FC" and the like.

That seems even worse to me when the person is deceased like Bobby Moore, Eusebio, Cruyff etc...

Last edited:
Rather oddly some of my favourite tournaments havent even featured England, I loved Euro 2008 as well as World Cup 94 despite or maybe because England did not feature, obviously I want England to be at every tournament, but a weird side effect of them not being present is that you don't worry so much about the other teams

I think that is why I enjoyed 2014, because we weren't in it long to cause the usual anxiety! :LOL: I think for me 1990 is still my favourite, certainly from an England point of view. I really think we could have won it that year but for the P word!

Just curious. Did it ever happened to you guys? I think it's the first time I was able to score on the keeper saving the penalty (with a diving header nonetheless), at the very least in the Ps2 era.

Can't say I ever remember scoring a goal like that, a rare occurence for sure!

Speaking of rare occurences, I managed to find a video I shot probably a decade ago, thankfully I had it saved, I only just found this site and it appears to be the perfect forum in which to post it. Playing PES 2008 in Master League mode with Ajax this odd in game behaviour randomly occured, I had not pressed triangle to bring the keeper out, whatever he was doing it was of the computer's own making. Never seen anything like this before or since. Has anybody else ever seen anything similar?

Apologies for the terrible camera work, this was taken years ago and to be honest I didn't think I would ever have the need or desire to upload it for public viewing.

Last edited:
Speaking of rare occurences, I managed to find a video I shot probaly a decade ago, thankfully I had it saved, I only just found this site and it appears to be the perfect forum in which to post it. Playing PES 2008 in Master League mode with Ajax this odd in game behaviour randomly occured, I had not pressed triangle to bring the keeper out, whatever he was doing it was of the computer's own making. Never seen anything like this before or since. Has anybody else ever seen anything similar?

Apologies for the terrible camera work, this was taken years ago and to be honest I didn't think I would ever have the need or desire to upload it for public viewing.
Been there done that, 12 years ago and with obviously worse camera capture!!! :P

Been there done that, 12 years ago and with obviously worse camera capture!!! :P

Weird, wonder what he was doing?

In my clip, i reckon he must have gone to have a row with a fan, cos he is past the advertising boards, I did not think that would even be possible for a player to be in that position, as in off the pitch, behind the advertising boards. I don't know much about editing/patches that type of thing, how people design new stadiums for old games, maybe someone can enlighten me. Is there a reason how this could occur, could a player feasibly show up anywhere on the screen if you play around with the inner workings of the game?

In my clip, i reckon he must have gone to have a row with a fan, cos he is past the advertising boards, I did not think that would even be possible for a player to be in that position, as in off the pitch, behind the advertising boards. I don't know much about editing/patches that type of thing, how people design new stadiums for old games, maybe someone can enlighten me. Is there a reason how this could occur, could a player feasibly show up anywhere on the screen if you play around with the inner workings of the game?
To be honest, I cannot reproduce it. It happened randomly and not in all versions/disk of the same region, which is the strange here. Not sure if it has to do with Option Files.

In these videos of mine, it was vanilla gameplay with an OF for emblem/kits, basically only logos imported. But for sure no patch. Original vanilla PES6 PC version.

I have noticed ones, it happened to a SB too. But in Goalkeeper iis the most easy to notice by the radar.

It's weird, it never happened to me. What does happen is that the players follow the ball even off the field after signaling an offside.

Back
Top Bottom