The Retro-PES Corner

Alright, I came up with a great team and backstory.

Piemonte F.C. Wikipedia page

Piemonte F.C. was a team founded in the year of 1907, in Turin, like two of the most historical clubs in italian football: Juventus and Torino.
They had a quite colourful and fun shirt: light blue with red stripes, similar to the Catania home kit.
Unfortunately for them, they were dissolved seven years later in 1914, and were left forgotten, until now.
Worldwide known tycoon Angelo Traverso had always been a football enthusiast. It was the year 2005 when he and his wife Margarita Traverso moved to Turin, for business: Angelo had a big project with fellow tycoon Maurizio Spindola, to create a new company called Traversola Inc. which was supposed to be a new franchise of pharmacies that would spread all across Italy. This was because both Angelo and Maurizio were classmates in the medicine school in the University of Milan, where they met and became close friends and business partners years later.
As it was a tradition for Angelo, he would always do some research about the football clubs of the new city he starts to live in. That's when he discovered the story of Piemonte F.C., a club founded in Turin in 1907, which even had four players that were called for the Italian National Team back in the day. He fell in love with the club's history and uniform, and just felt the need to bring that club back to life. He contacted some people and started a project at the same time as the project he had with Maurizio.
He used his contacts to help refound Piemonte, and had a great group of marginalized footballers who were willing to join this "new" club. Some of the names were young spanish striker Javier Ordaz, veteran portuguese midfielder Paulo Minanda, and brazilian forward Diego Castolo, as many other great names.
He contacted the Italian Football Federation to put his team in the professional leagues, and so that was it, the story of refounded Piemonte F.C. had begun. But they will have to face some historical clubs in the second division, who are not in a really good moment: Napoli, known by the world as the club in which Diego Maradona played his best european football, Torino who used to be the best team in Italy in the 40's before the tragic Superga accident, and Brescia, a team where huge names such as Roberto Baggio, Andrea Pirlo and Pep Guardiola used to play.

Will Piemonte be able to become an italian football superpower in the future? Stay tuned for my next update, in which I will tell you about Piemonte's first games after refoundation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great backstory!

Thank you!

I just created everything in-game. I gave the team a more custom name, and used the same method Parma used when they were refounded: putting the original team's name, and the year the original team was founded. So I took that and name my team "Piemonte 07", since the original team was founded in 1907.

I'm really happy with the kits, and also the kits of the other edited teams (Napoli, Brescia and Torino).

Attachments

• 20210106_114156.jpg
    20210106_114156.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210106_114152.jpg
    20210106_114152.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210106_114148.jpg
    20210106_114148.jpg
    653.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210106_113630.jpg
    20210106_113630.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210106_112948.jpg
    20210106_112948.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210106_112941.jpg
    20210106_112941.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210106_112931.jpg
    20210106_112931.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Alright.
So, I don't know what to do.
I've been playing PES5 again since I created this account.
But you see, I just can't get to like the game that much. It's just so uncomfortable for me to play it on PC, unlike PES6, a game I have mastered for more than a year (started playing the game on early 2018 but I started playing it in Top Player difficulty only in late 2019, before that I would be too much of a chicken and would always play in Amateur difficulty).

And I know the backstory for Piemonte was great and all, but idk if I should do that ML in PES6 or just do something else, because if I start another PES6 ML but with a created team I will most likely have it with a team of 100% invented players, so that would mean no Minanda, Ordaz, Castolo, etc. Why is this a problem? Well, in the story I wrote I mentioned Traverso called a group of marginalized players, and those players were indeed the ML default team but with also a first name so they would be more humanized.

PES6 is my favourite game ever and despite sometimes I wanna try something else I just go back to that game because that's where I feel comfortable.

EDIT: Ok so I chose to create another club but the same story except for a few changes in some details (like the names of the players, some will be invented and some will be from @miguelfcp's idea to get marginalized players from big teams to join). One other of the reasons I decided to go for PES 6 is because in the team creation section you get more stuff, like a lot more crest options, etc.
By the way sorry if I'm a bit too annoying with this stuff but I already explained I've been having loads of ideas lately and I'm just letting everything out rn lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sampa543 Don't worry, I think we're probably all similar to some extent, you get an idea then think of something possibly better. As the saying goes... I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now. :D

Your back story has given me an idea actually.

The plan.

To take a similar low level team, possibly fictional or perhaps like your idea a team that is no longer around and create the league they are in and using League mode play out a season.

Then at the end of the season things will depend on where I finish.

Firstly I'll age all the players by 1 year.
If I get promoted I'll create the next league above, if not then I'll just replace promoted/relegated teams
Transfers -
If I am not promoted then I will lose my best player and can sign another from any other team in the league who didn't get promoted.
If I am promoted then I can release up to three players (sold) and sign three players of my choosing from any of the other teams who did not get promoted.
If I get relegated then it's game over.
Players will retire at 35 regardless and can be replaced with a youth player (16-18)
Players over 30 I will reduce their stats by 2 across the board at the end of each season
Players under 21 I will increase their stats by 2 across the board at the end of each season
Players 21-25 get a 1 point increase
I might do this with all teams in my division.

Then on to the next season.

Last edited:
that time of the - pes cycle - (lend from cod, fits) again...
gone for pes4, there is just something to it, there appears to be more/better foot planting, limbs more active in animations, more of those stumbling/dragging situations, collision feels just right, duels are just more varied and dynamic, there is more happening during a match compared to 6 and especially 5
--

why is miguel shown with the banned symbol but i see his likes on posts, what is going on :CONFUSE:
ps either the ban system has levels to it, or it happened just recently

Last edited:
@mattmid: Thank you for understanding and honestly it feels good to know there's people who know what I feel about that, and I'm really glad I gave you the idea. I mean, the fact that I changed my mind and came up with something else doesn't mean no one else can try and do that, everyone can use my idea (it kinda was my intention, not only to play it that way, which didn't happen, but to give everyone else an idea for their own Master Leagues).

@miguelfcp: I understand you had a good intention with that mod, but perhaps you took it a bit too far? I mean, probably putting all those dictators wasn't a good idea, so maybe you could scratch them out, idk, try and make it less likely to offend a group of people. Perhaps do an Ancient Greece League, Roman Empire League, and something like that? You can still do the mod with some changes to keep it from offending some people, so that would mean no Hitler, no Anna Frank, no Benito Mussoloni, etc. You can just have it as football before the birth of Jesus Christ. Idk, just an idea, because the concept is great but some details were kind of a bad idea.

EDIT: I tagged miguel but it seems he was banned? Well it's kinda sad the fact he won't be able to see what I told him but oh well I will leave it here anyways.

Hi guys, was pointed here by Flipper. Seems you've been talking about my spreadsheets :P

I don't have any editor for the J.League Winning Eleven Option Files, I simply used some hex editor magic to transplant the stats from those games into PES 6, and used the PES 6 editor to export them to CSV. It required a lot of manual fixing to make sure the data such as team names and nationalities were correct. I would like to make English versions of these sheets (and actually have been working on getting them translated), but it would take quite a while. Theoretically I could also make English name patches for those games but I'm not quite as interested in doing that.

I was wondering if there was a complete chronology of those Japanese PS2 releases (special editions especially, there seems to have been a lot of those), because I'd like to peruse them and compare the data sets to see if there are any additional spreadsheets I can make. And also a download for vanilla WE9 Liveware Edition? I can only find versions with patches included. I don't know if the data set for that game is different, but I'd like to have a look regardless.

Cheers!

Hi guys, was pointed here by Flipper. Seems you've been talking about my spreadsheets :P

I don't have any editor for the J.League Winning Eleven Option Files, I simply used some hex editor magic to transplant the stats from those games into PES 6, and used the PES 6 editor to export them to CSV. It required a lot of manual fixing to make sure the data such as team names and nationalities were correct. I would like to make English versions of these sheets (and actually have been working on getting them translated), but it would take quite a while. Theoretically I could also make English name patches for those games but I'm not quite as interested in doing that.

I was wondering if there was a complete chronology of those Japanese PS2 releases (special editions especially, there seems to have been a lot of those), because I'd like to peruse them and compare the data sets to see if there are any additional spreadsheets I can make. And also a download for vanilla WE9 Liveware Edition? I can only find versions with patches included. I don't know if the data set for that game is different, but I'd like to have a look regardless.

Cheers!

Oh, shit, did I ever get back to you here or on PSD? I can't remember!

This is as good a list as I can find. WE9LE isn't there as it's Korean, of course. It think I have a vanilla ISO... I'll check my archives tonight!

Oh, shit, did I ever get back to you here or on PSD? I can't remember!

This is as good a list as I can find. WE9LE isn't there as it's Korean, of course. It think I have a vanilla ISO... I'll check my archives tonight!

It being in Korean is fine, I can simply whip up a Korean spreadsheet (I like the language of the spreadsheet to match the language of the game, after all). It'll be a little awkward since unlike Japanese, I don't speak any Korean. :D I do have a couple of Korean games, WE9 K League edition (same DB as JLWE9 Asia Championship) and WE10 (same DB as PES 6 by the looks of it).

And thanks for the list, but I remember seeing another list elsewhere with a lot of Japanese-only special editions of WE games. Might have been on PSD.

It being in Korean is fine, I can simply whip up a Korean spreadsheet (I like the language of the spreadsheet to match the language of the game, after all). It'll be a little awkward since unlike Japanese, I don't speak any Korean. :D I do have a couple of Korean games, WE9 K League edition (same DB as JLWE9 Asia Championship) and WE10 (same DB as PES 6 by the looks of it).

And thanks for the list, but I remember seeing another list elsewhere with a lot of Japanese-only special editions of WE games. Might have been on PSD.

If there are more I'd love to know. I've hunted high and low for the Asia-only ones on PS2!

I have no advance on the 10 J.League games (5 to 2010) and the six 'inbetweeners' (5-10). And Aoki Samurai no Chousen. WE9LE and 10LE being Korean.

There are anomalies like the Korean WE7I which came out at around the same time as the Japanese WE7I but doesn't have the same gameplay changes from WE7.

I really wish it was easier!

I really am having a hard time choosing something smh...
Idk what to do, everything seems wrong for me, wtf.

@miguelfcp:
EDIT: I tagged miguel but it seems he was banned? Well it's kinda sad the fact he won't be able to see what I told him but oh well I will leave it here anyways.

His thread and his account are both gone... I assume he was banned because of the whole idea of the patch he was making?
@Tom would love if you can clear that out for us, if it's not a problem.

His thread and his account are both gone... I assume he was banned because of the whole idea of the patch he was making?

Yeah, It's unfortunate since I liked him plus the patch idea would have been good if he hadn't taken it too far putting Hitler and stuff.

Yeah, It's unfortunate since I liked him plus the patch idea would have been good if he hadn't taken it too far putting Hitler and stuff.
Yup, that was most definitely the case. He maybe took it too far. Hope that can be solved, he is the founder of the thread and he's been here for about 10 years.

Yup, that was most definitely the case. He maybe took it too far. Hope that can be solved, he is the founder of the thread and he's been here for about 10 years.

Ikr...
Okay, edit on my PES 6 Master League:
I decided to make my team around the PES United and WE United players.
The team will be created, but the default players will be replaced by some of the players of those two teams, and also some other players such as Birsa and Okaka (I just can't imagine myself not playing with those two).
I will do a LaLiga because I never done a ML in that league and I think I played in the Serie A way too much so it's time to do something different.

It doesn't say banned under his name on messages (think it usually does?). Anyway I would sincerely hope he has not been banned given his enormous contribution to this community and the respect he is held in by us all in here. I won't get into the OF as it clearly can't be spoken about here suffice to say it was taken severely out of context in my opinion. Anyway the thread was deleted and Miguel posted here (since removed) and said that he would not mention the OF here again.

It doesn't say banned under his name on messages (think it usually does?). Anyway I would sincerely hope he has not been banned given his enormous contribution to this community and the respect he is held in by us all in here. I won't get into the OF as it clearly can't be spoken about here suffice to say it was taken severely out of context in my opinion. Anyway the thread was deleted and Miguel posted here (since removed) and said that he would not mention the OF here again.
He then followed up with a post calling a mod's handling of the situation "cowardly", after we had tried to diffuse the situation in the most sensitive way possible given his contribution to Evo-Web and to retro PES over the years.

We tried reasoning with him, and his response was frankly, and I don't say this lightly, crazy (talking about how there's no such thing as good/bad killing, only killing, therefore a patch containing killers is a fine idea).

The decision to ban him was unanimous amongst the staff here - and unanimously painful. It was not a decision taken lightly. In-fact, I even discussed it with a few non-mods who post in this thread beforehand, who all agreed it was out of line. Who on earth wants to play football as (amongst others) Hitler? Not as a joke, but as an actual "product"? That's not what we're here for. We're not prepared to host talk of that. Let alone facilitate downloading it.

If you wish to discuss further, please PM a staff member. Otherwise, back on topic now please.

Yeah, not much else to add to the obvious, his thread made me fume, I left a short albeit emotional reply based on my personal heritage and closed it. He then had a dig at me in here with twisted arguments and impertinent assumptions, trying to convince me to unlock it OR never talk about it again. I chose the latter and deleted his post since it didn't belong in here anyway. I also deleted his thread on his whole idea since there wasn't any point keeping it. I didn't want it here, and I made that pretty clear. I was hoping we could end things with that but he decided to have a go at me in here AGAIN, calling me out on deleting his stuff in a cowardly (sic) way. We then had a vote - and this is important to me, we always vote when it comes to banning users. The vote was 4-0 and I banned him. I don't want shit like this on my site and I don't want to discuss it. I don't have to. I made my point clear in my very first post and there's that. It wasn't up for discussion.

I know that he was a pivotal part of these forums, especially in here, and it's unfortunate it had to end like this based on things which don't even have anything to do with the game as such. It's a shame, really, but based on how it went I stand behind this ban 100%.

Does anyone know where I can get the ISS 2000 PS1 ROM?

I managed to find one link for it, which works and is perfectly playable, but it's the Italian version so doesn't have the English commentary and I can't read some of the menus/options, though oddly most of the menus are actually still in English so I can navigate through most of the game fine.

It's not like the commentary was any good, but still want to have it there for nostalgia's sake :P. I still have the PS1 disc but my PC doesn't have a disc drive.

Yeah, not much else to add to the obvious, his thread made me fume, I left a short albeit emotional reply based on my personal heritage and closed it. He then had a dig at me in here with twisted arguments and impertinent assumptions, trying to convince me to unlock it OR never talk about it again. I chose the latter and deleted his post since it didn't belong in here anyway. I also deleted his thread on his whole idea since there wasn't any point keeping it. I didn't want it here, and I made that pretty clear. I was hoping we could end things with that but he decided to have a go at me in here AGAIN, calling me out on deleting his stuff in a cowardly (sic) way. We then had a vote - and this is important to me, we always vote when it comes to banning users. The vote was 4-0 and I banned him. I don't want shit like this on my site and I don't want to discuss it. I don't have to. I made my point clear in my very first post and there's that. It wasn't up for discussion.

I know that he was a pivotal part of these forums, especially in here, and it's unfortunate it had to end like this based on things which don't even have anything to do with the game as such. It's a shame, really, but based on how it went I stand behind this ban 100%.
It's fully understandable. I'm sad that it ended like that, maybe it wasn't the best day for him and he can apologize.
I also have a big background in my family regarding dictatorship in my country (Chile), and it's not an easy topic for anyone, so I get your decision.
Back on topic then.

It's fully understandable. I'm sad that it ended like that, maybe it wasn't the best day for him and he can apologize.
I also have a big background in my family regarding dictatorship in my country (Chile), and it's not an easy topic for anyone, so I get your decision.
Back on topic then.

We're two then, my country also had a dictatorship once (I'm uruguayan). So yeah, it's a sensitive subject for me as well.

Horribly managed situation.
"back on topic".

Will start a PES4 ML The Mourinho mixed with bits of The FC Porto, The Academy Mode and NBA franchise, refer to first page of this thread the scenario vault. :RSCARF::GSCARF:

Horribly managed situation.
"back on topic".

Will start a PES4 ML The Mourinho mixed with bits of The FC Porto, The Academy Mode and NBA franchise, refer to first page of this thread the scenario vault. :RSCARF::GSCARF:

Did you have any luck in trying to track down a camera tool for PES4?

Final idea change: ended up deciding to keep the ML default players but with two players I chose: Ivanschitz and Utaka.
Atlético Manzanares is the name of the team, and I played the first game beating Gimnastic 2-0. Both the players I chose scored.

Does anyone know where I can get the ISS 2000 PS1 ROM?

I managed to find one link for it, which works and is perfectly playable, but it's the Italian version so doesn't have the English commentary and I can't read some of the menus/options, though oddly most of the menus are actually still in English so I can navigate through most of the game fine.

It's not like the commentary was any good, but still want to have it there for nostalgia's sake :P. I still have the PS1 disc but my PC doesn't have a disc drive.

I've actually ordered it recently. Due any day. I'll be able to sort it out for you in time!

Alright lads,long time away from this,life and not really liking (liking again) football games.
Plus a bit busy last couple of days
View attachment 77239

I'm though!

Good to have you back man!

Back
Top Bottom