The Retro-PES Corner

hmm, forgot to edit the stats before starting (in pes4), now figured that it does not apply to ML just the other modes, used the editPESOptionFile 1.1 which seems to be the only one having this function?! :(

Yeah I think that's the same in all versions. If by that you mean edited stats won't alter the ML stats if you'd already started it. Interestingly they do change if you have already started a league season.

You prompted me to download one of the PES4 patches on Sany's thread, well that is after hunting high and low for my copy of PES4 which seems to have vanished along with PES 2009, although I still have 5,6 and 2008. Anyway I download the Soccerclausaura one as I fancied some South American teams for a change. Just started an Argentinian League as Olimpo.

2-0 up with 10 minutes to go and managed to concede two late goals to end up 2-2 against Gimnasia.

Haven't played PES 4 in forever and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My first ML season comes to a close. A win or even a draw needed for promotion...

Noooo, you were so close! PES 3 and PES 1 were the most aesthetically pleasing of the whole series, in my opinion. I loved just stroking it around the back sometimes in PES 3, listening to the crowd on a sunny matchday, enjoying the atmosphere and imagining I was playing in Serie A!

That's a great team! And by the way, what are your plans for this Samp ML? Do you plan on playing more seasons or maybe a little less and then start a new one?

I want to keep playing a while longer, perhaps for a lot longer if the mood takes me- I will probably get frustrated before many more seasons, but I have the regenerated form of Huylens in my squad now, and I want to see how good I can get him to be in his prime years. His strengths are his response and shot accuracy, both of which can remain pretty high in the 80s even until his retirement, but I want to play with him when he is a bit pacier. Having looked at Espimas' growth curve I fancy doing the same with him too, but he hasn't retired yet! And I am thinking of buying up the regen Minanda at the end of this season (he retired last year), now that Ceciu is retiring and thus freeing up a space in my large squad.

In any case, I will probably play at least until some of my classic Samp players retire- I bought them all at advanced stages of their careers, and they are all in their thirties now. I should probably work out how to edit the game, it would be nice to play around with lowering the retirement ages if that is possible. Though I think players retire sooner if they aren't getting a lot of playing time, they still hang around into their late thirties. I would like to see a few choose to retire in their early thirties, perhaps with a random reason given like family pressure or maybe players vulnerable to injury have a chance of suffering a career ending injury the older they get.

Noooo, you were so close! PES 3 and PES 1 were the most aesthetically pleasing of the whole series, in my opinion. I loved just stroking it around the back sometimes in PES 3, listening to the crowd on a sunny matchday, enjoying the atmosphere and imagining I was playing in Serie A!

I want to keep playing a while longer, perhaps for a lot longer if the mood takes me- I will probably get frustrated before many more seasons, but I have the regenerated form of Huylens in my squad now, and I want to see how good I can get him to be in his prime years. His strengths are his response and shot accuracy, both of which can remain pretty high in the 80s even until his retirement, but I want to play with him when he is a bit pacier. Having looked at Espimas' growth curve I fancy doing the same with him too, but he hasn't retired yet! And I am thinking of buying up the regen Minanda at the end of this season (he retired last year), now that Ceciu is retiring and thus freeing up a space in my large squad.

In any case, I will probably play at least until some of my classic Samp players retire- I bought them all at advanced stages of their careers, and they are all in their thirties now. I should probably work out how to edit the game, it would be nice to play around with lowering the retirement ages if that is possible. Though I think players retire sooner if they aren't getting a lot of playing time, they still hang around into their late thirties. I would like to see a few choose to retire in their early thirties, perhaps with a random reason given like family pressure or maybe players vulnerable to injury have a chance of suffering a career ending injury the older they get.

Oh wow that's really interesting, can't wait for your next update on the ML then.

Talking about the kits of Wetwang Athletic (yes, I chose to use the name you suggested): Like I said previously, I fancy having the first home kit based on the Newell's Old Boys home kit (half black, half red), and then for the away kit I decided to do an old favourite of mine: pink, with black details. I will search for retro shirts that match these colors, and build the away kit based on it. Finally, I won't do too much work on the keeper's kit: I'll just do a grey shirt with black sleeves, and maybe black shorts and grey socks.

And the league: since Wetwang Athletic is supposed to be english, I will have to put english clubs in my league, but honestly I don't really like having a league with 100% clubs of one country (tried plenty of times, failed to like any of those master leagues). So I still don't know how to build my league, but when I give my first update you will know what I came up with. :)

If by that you mean edited stats won't alter the ML stats if you'd already started it.

;)
I just did the agility reduction since it is pretty balanced otherwise and started ML afterwards as I usually do, was surprised it was not applied, what happens with the other stats I do not know or care at this point, if the issue is that in general stats do not apply or the agility one because it is as we know locked in ML.

I was not happy with the altered ML default squad by the wendetta patch team, it has some pretty overpowered youngsters with top development, started new one with Norwich City, not too big and pretty old squad, should be more challenging. :GSCARF:

hello! i really like playing pes 4. but when i'm on possesion then i paused the game sometimes my player passes the ball by itself. anyone knows how to fix it?

yeah i'm using keyboard

it happens when i press escape
Escape and Enter are binded as universal hotkeys for :x: or :circle: depending on the game version you use. IE in my case EU PES games when i press enter it does a short pass or does the marking.

I suggest you change the PAUSE button, i usually put it in SPACEBAR up to PES6 that is allowed, or key no1 ( over Q key) in PES 2008 and newer. If you plan to play all PES gamesd i suggest no1 for START and no2 for select (both over QWERTY keys).

EDIT: if some hotkeys are binded through kitserver just search your kitserver settings or avoid pressing ESC.

Escape and Enter are binded as universal hotkeys for :x: or :circle: depending on the game version you use. IE in my case EU PES games when i press enter it does a short pass or does the marking.

I suggest you change the PAUSE button, i usually put it in SPACEBAR up to PES6 that is allowed, or key no1 ( over Q key) in PES 2008 and newer. If you plan to play all PES gamesd i suggest no1 for START and no2 for select (both over QWERTY keys).

EDIT: if some hotkeys are binded through kitserver just search your kitserver settings or avoid pressing ESC.
thanks for helping bro. i've finally solved my problem by pressing v (my default start button) instead of escape button to pause the game.

thanks for the advice and info though

I know I'm off-topic but... I'd just want to thank all of you again for mentioning RetroArch. Not only it plays PSX games very well, but it can also emulate Dreamcast ones perfectly.
I used to love Virtua Striker 2 back in the day and I used to play it with Chankast first and NullDC after that, but none of them would emulate it perfectly. There would always be the odd graphic glitch/bug here and there, like flickering textures bejhind the goals and such. Now thanks to RetroArch I can finally play as it was meant to! :)

Okay so, I know I haven't been very active here last few days. Been hectic lately, got many assignments (and more are on the way along with some mid-term tests) but just today, for a break, I loaded up Pes 6 and it was fine until.. I went to formation and changing players, my controller suddenly stopped syncing or working with the game?
I quit the game using keyboard, and then went to Pes 6 Phoenix 2013/14 patch in the hope this would work, maybe it's something wrong that I will figure out later. Nope, same problem. I also tried on the 2020/21 Firebird patch, and long story short, same thing.
I don't know if this a problem with the controller or laptop or the patch.
1. I don't think it's the patch, I always don't like to blame patch makers and see if I did something wrong first. (Which mostly it is my fault too 😂)
Any help? I'm really really confused.

@shareq01 Have you tried going into settings and checking if it's set up. Years back I had a faulty wire on a controller I sometimes used (usually use keyboard myself) and it would occasionally 'disconnect' and 'reconnect' but wouldn't work. When I checked in settings it had cleared the controller to nothing (had to click the drop down to reselect it) so therefore prior to that it was only recognising the keyboard.

1 (Custom).JPG
2 (Custom).JPG

I haven't started the ML yet because I want to plan everything carefully so I set up the perfect ML for me.

I linked that video (I might be a retro PES aficionado but I still do enjoy some modern FIFA videos every once in a while) because, the video gave me the idea about how I want to start my ML.

I haven't came up with a name yet but it will be something in german (I was going to do the whole Wetwang Athletic thing suggested by @Early PES footy fan but then I found out "wang" was a synonym for penis and I didn't want my team's name to also mean Wet Penis lmao) because I decided to do what I did in my PES 6 created team ML in which I made my league with clubs from Italy and France. My league will be like the "East League" from PES 3, so it will have teams from Bundesliga, Eredivisie, etc.

Yes I plan on doing all 4 leagues to look like the 4 leagues from PES 3, so that would mean the league I already mentioned, a "North League" with english and the two scottish clubs, a "West League" with spanish, french and portuguese clubs and finally a "South League" with italian, turkish and greek clubs.

Then, since I am not a famous YouTuber with almost 700k subscribers like TheMasterBucks, everything about my team's appearance will be chosen by a random generator instead of other people, so I will have three options for everything and put them in a list and let the generator choose for me.

But, about the "Marquee players", this thing you can help me with. You can give me some suggestions about players that I can put in my team to start (yes I did say I wouldn't do that but I just can't help it lol), like in the PES 6 ML I had Birsa, Okaka and Zoro as Marquee signings, so you can suggest me players that can be the new Birsa (the best player in that ML like I said a while ago: captain of the team and top scorer), the new Okaka and the new Zoro (great defender who will stay forever in my memory after scoring the winning penalty in that Champions League final against Inter 😌).

Meanwhile I will do some important editing like the names of the biggest non-licensed clubs such as Liverpool, Man United, Bayern München, etc.

Can't wait for this ML, I got all the hype!

By the way in case there's someone who still doesn't know this and is wondering, this Master League will be in PES 5. :))

Well, 2011 is over in my ML, and I failed to beat AC Milan in the European Cup Final :((. In truth, my performance was mediocre and with two goals from a player named Kaiser (think he is a classic player but don't know who he is), Milan cruised to a fairly comfortable victory. They were so strong in 2011 that they only lost a single game, and drew three times. In both my league meetings with them, it was 0-0. I finished 2nd by about 13 points. Juve, having come on strong late in the season, finished 3rd a short way behind me, with Roma, Inter and Parma making up the rest of the European spots. Liverpool won the Premier League by a few points ahead of Man Utd, Bayern were 13 points clear of Wolfsburg in their league, and I can't remember who won the fourth league, though there were 17 points between first and second (it is the weakest league; I neglected to put the Spanish League in when I started so it is just a mix of the worst miscellaneous Euro teams). So AC Milan won Serie A, the Coppa Italia (vs Roma) and the European Cup. It was the second year running that they won the league and domestic cup. Would they be as unstoppable in 2012?

Thankfully, it would seem not; AC Milan have thus far been good, but not close to the near perfection of 2011. First though let me detail my transfers; after Ceciu retired, I bought a regen Minanda. I then got an unexpected offer from Rosenborg, who are struggling a bit in one of the lesser leagues, for Ordaz. Now, the spaniard is a fine finisher, but he has nevertheless not been a firm favourite with me, he just isn't quite the type of forward I am looking for, and given that Vialli is still going rather strong I couldn't envisage him taking over as my starting striker anytime soon. Moreover, when I have played him he hasn't been prolific in the league, though he has a great record in European competition, scoring 23 goals for me over the years (in total I calculated that he scored 62 in all competitions for me, over seven seasons). Ordaz is in his prime, so I decided to let him go to a club where he will surely be first choice. This freed up another slot for a future prospect, so I signed 22 year old Roberto Baggio; I anticipate players like Mancini, Gullit, Cerezo and Platt all retiring at a similar point or becoming too old for regular first team football, so another AMF/SS/CF will be a useful asset. Not to mention I hate seeing Baggio, above all stars, go unused.

Onto the new season then. I started well, beating Juve 2-0 in the opening game. After about seven games I was the only unbeaten side, enjoying more consistency in my starting line up thanks to not having to go through the qualifying group stage for the European Cup. AC Milan had drawn a match and then lost to Messina (!!!) immediately before they faced me, so I was at the top of the league. I, however, was wobbling a bit myself, having drawn 2-2 with newly promoted Cagliari the week before. My match with Milan started well, with me gradually making better chances until I scored midway through the first half. Unfortunately I made a very sloppy pass later with Di Tomasso in defence, and very soon after Milan scored through Gilardino. Interestingly it was his first goal since the opening day, when he had scored 4 against Lecce. I was very annoyed at myself after this, and never quite got back into a rhythm, and AC scored a second later on.

I was furious with myself for this missed opportunity, but fortunately AC Milan continued to stumble with the occasional draw, and lost for a second time, on this occasion to Udinese. Things were going well for me in the cups too; I beat Udinese comfortably in the first round of the Coppa Italia, and started well in the Euro group by beating Arsenal 3-0 at home. I had a couple of tricky games, a draw here and a loss there, but luck was generally on my side (1-1 with Fiorentina straight after the Milan game in the 90th minute, but Vialli scored two late goals to give me the win. The first one was fortunate but looked cool; his first shot was saved, then he hits the rebound in a very steep lob shot with lots of curl, totally by accident on my part, and it falls gracefully into the net). I ended the first half of the season at the top of the league, 3 points clear of Milan. I won my first leg in the Coppa Italia quarter final against Roma, 2-1.

I had no room or inclination to acquire new players, so after the turkey and sprouts my squad returned unchanged to beat Juve 3-0. Now an interesting thing about Juve; in my first two or three seasons in the top flight, Del Piero was the league top scorer (Capocannoniere) almost every time, but then he dropped off the top scorer list. He began featuring in the side less too, when I faced them. Nowadays he is 37, so it is perhaps no surprise that he isn't considered worthy of a starting spot, albeit his peers such as Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic are getting on a bit as well. But last year Bamogo joined Juve. I had vaguely been aware of the name, I had seen him in previous playthroughs at some French club or other, but he hadn't made a big impression on me. When I play against him, he doesn't seem much of a threat for Juve and hasn't scored against me. But I checked his stats, and he is obscenely fast- around 95 on speed and acceleration, and the same for both dribbling stats. I don't know how good he starts off, it might be purely down to excessive development over the years of this ML (a downside to playing a long ML on PES 5 is that loads of players end up ridiculously good, especially in terms of speed), but having tried to ascertain his real life identity I think he was Habib Bamogo. Judging by his wiki entry, he seems to have had a decent if unspectacular career, punctuated by loan spells between a couple of extended periods at good clubs, without ever appearing exceptional. It's strange though how a player with such outrageously good stats isn't necessarily a great player in the hands of the AI. Maybe it is the formation Juve play, I don't know.

Anyway, I have played a few more league games in early winter, and am top of the league still. I unfortunately got knocked out of the Coppa Italia against Roma for the second year running; the second leg was a close fought affair, but after a late miss by Gullit Roma soon scored through Corvia. Minutes from the end they played a ball into the box which Castolo managed to intercept to deny a striker, only to run it into the goal himself. I was out! Obviously it had been a possiblity after the 2-1 win at home, but I had played well enough and came close to scoring numerous times. Never mind, I soon after won my Euro Group; I lost the second match to Arsenal 1-0 but won all my other games against Monaco and Rangers (Rangers finished bottom, rarely getting thrashed but losing every match). Arsenal went through with me. Newcastle, who have bought a regen Shearer to accompany Eusebio and co, won another group, whereas Inter had another poor go in the European Cup and didn't qualify for the knockout rounds. Juve and Roma did though, and I think AC Milan too. A couple of weeks after that loss to Roma in the cup, I had one of my biggest wins of the year against them in the league. It was 1-1 until twelve minutes from the end, when Dodo scored from inside the area. Then the floodgates opened; a free kick was driven in low into the six yard box from a wide position, and Dodo's shot was well saved by Pipolo, who turned it round the post. But the reprieve was very brief, with Ettori scoring a header from the corner, Dodo from another for his second, and Cerezo from the spot after a terrible challenge by Roma. The corner goals were no surprise; earlier in the game Valeny had narrowly missed when he crashed a volley off the bar, having been left free by Roma's defenders. Two or three seasons ago he scored 4 times in the league, but since then I don't think he's scored at all, though he does get these chances from time to time.

For the two newly promoted sides, Benfica, and Cagliari, things are not going well. They are 15th and 16th respectively. Poor Macco! A few places higher up the league are Messina, who have a talented attacking midfielder named Lorne, though sometimes Fouque stands in for him (I sold him a few years back). Rosenborg aren't doing well in their league, unfortunately. Sad to see my sold players not faring so well.

Mancini has been a bit goal shy recently, but playing well, and Vialli has been scoring quite freely. He already has 8 league goals despite two or three very short spells of injury, one more than he managed in his injury ridden 2011 campaign. I have been playing better in attack this year, which has led to more penalties- my chief taker Cerezo netted 5 times last year, but this time already has 8 goals, and I think they might all have been from the spot. I think the increase in penalties has been partly luck, as well. Last year it often seemed blatant trips and violent body checks were going unpunished, while this time around I have sometimes been brushed by an opposing defender, having already loosed a shot, and been awarded a penalty. I won't complain! I'm having more fun with Ostwaut as he matures into a capable player, and Ettori too is a midfielder I relish putting in when Platt or Cerezo are tired, even though the Frenchman is still very young. Celnili is a useful player in all central midfield areas, though he lacks the finesse of the aforementioned personnel. I'm even getting useful regular service out of Iouga, when he stands in for Dodo, despite him being 39 and his stats worse than ever. Like Ceciu, I seem able to get good performances out of him despite him being very limited in ability. Maybe the formation suits him.

Espimas will retire this year; like Iouga he is 39. After long years of service on the right flank, he has never become the regular scorer of goals that I had hoped, but still has respectable pace and the lungs of a horse (modern medicine is marvellous). His departure though will mean more playing time for Giersen when Gullit or Ximilez aren't fit. I have two other talented subs for these roles, German Rottger and Jol Peruma, who can play as wingers too.

Last edited:

I haven't started the ML yet because I want to plan everything carefully so I set up the perfect ML for me.

I linked that video (I might be a retro PES aficionado but I still do enjoy some modern FIFA videos every once in a while) because, the video gave me the idea about how I want to start my ML.

I haven't came up with a name yet but it will be something in german (I was going to do the whole Wetwang Athletic thing suggested by @Early PES footy fan but then I found out "wang" was a synonym for penis and I didn't want my team's name to also mean Wet Penis lmao) because I decided to do what I did in my PES 6 created team ML in which I made my league with clubs from Italy and France. My league will be like the "East League" from PES 3, so it will have teams from Bundesliga, Eredivisie, etc.

Yes I plan on doing all 4 leagues to look like the 4 leagues from PES 3, so that would mean the league I already mentioned, a "North League" with english and the two scottish clubs, a "West League" with spanish, french and portuguese clubs and finally a "South League" with italian, turkish and greek clubs.

Then, since I am not a famous YouTuber with almost 700k subscribers like TheMasterBucks, everything about my team's appearance will be chosen by a random generator instead of other people, so I will have three options for everything and put them in a list and let the generator choose for me.

But, about the "Marquee players", this thing you can help me with. You can give me some suggestions about players that I can put in my team to start (yes I did say I wouldn't do that but I just can't help it lol), like in the PES 6 ML I had Birsa, Okaka and Zoro as Marquee signings, so you can suggest me players that can be the new Birsa (the best player in that ML like I said a while ago: captain of the team and top scorer), the new Okaka and the new Zoro (great defender who will stay forever in my memory after scoring the winning penalty in that Champions League final against Inter 😌).

Meanwhile I will do some important editing like the names of the biggest non-licensed clubs such as Liverpool, Man United, Bayern München, etc.

Can't wait for this ML, I got all the hype!

By the way in case there's someone who still doesn't know this and is wondering, this Master League will be in PES 5. :))

I want to know how are you going to do all this? Because this seems like a very very fun thing to do

Apologies for another wall of text! Things were looking good for me yesterday, today I threw it away. I faced Bayern in the quarters of the European Cup, and beat them in a hard fought contest. I met Man Utd in the semis, and I built up a 3 goal aggregate advantage until the 90th minute of the second leg, at Old Trafford, when I let in two late goals. No matter, I was through to the final. In the league, I needed to beat AC Milan to go top- and I did! 3-0, a fine performance. But then I drew goalless with Fiorentina, then I actually lost to Messina.

Messina are a troublesome side for me at the best of times with an attacking-focused 4-5-1 that crowds the midfield area, but this is a match I played after starting the game up this morning, not settled into the game as I was last night. I wasn't in the right frame of mind, and lost 2-0, Gullit being injured in the process, albeit only for one week. I was absolutely furious heading into the European Cup final with Arsenal (I was wrong about holders Milan having reached the knockout stage by the way, they didn't. Man Utd beat Juve in the quarters, Newcastle were beaten by Arsenal at that stage, and Roma went out to Chelsea, who subsequently were knocked out by Arsenal in their semi), and accidentally started the match without adjusting my team. I didn't really have a pressing need to replace any starting players due to fatigue, but my subs bench needed attention because of Gullit's injury, fatigue and players in red condition who weren't on the bench.

I got off to the worst possible start, Henry racing clear and coolly sliding it past Ivarov after 5 minutes. I tried to get going, but my concentration and touch was poor, I was totally lacking in invention and things just weren't going my way (I find X passes don't often go where I want them, so I rely on precise, quick use of free pass for much of my best play). It ended 1-0, a third consecutive defeat in the European Cup Final, each time putting in a poor performance. It wasn't quite as embarassing as against Newcastle in 2010, but I think I would usually have beaten Arsenal, good as they are.

3 games remained in the league, and I managed to win them all, but to no avail (Inter 3-0, Parma 2-0, Lecce 1-0). The match against Inter started ominously, with me fouling Adriano and him subsequently launching a free kick against the crossbar. Luckily I was passing better and my football brain was belatedly coming online, and Giersen crossed into the box for Gullit to acrobatically volley it in from close range; later goals came from Against Lecce, in my last game, I didn't know if Milan would slip up against Cagliari (they didn't of course, winning 3-0 and sending the Sardinians straight back down), so it was a tense contest. I started well and had a good early chance with Vialli, who had scored a fine brace the week before against Parma, but it was too close to the keeper. He had been sent clear by Mancini while still in his own half, Lecce playing a very high line and being caught out. Then my bad mood got worse, when Lecce crippled Vialli. It wasn't an awful looking challenge, but I was mightily annoyed that there was no card (and the subsequent free kick left me with so few options I may as well have been instructed to pass it back to the opposition, which rubbed salt into the wound). Late on though, his replacement Thijs scored the only goal of the game, sent clear by a careful through ball from Jol Peruma. The lack of trophy at the end told me all I needed to know.

AC Milan won the Coppa Italia against surprise finalists Livorno. They pipped me to Lo Scudetto by just one point this time. Juve again improved late in the season to finish third, but they were fourteen points behind me. Close behind them were Inter, Roma and Lecce, who had snuck into the top six in the closing weeks to edge out Parma and Udinese. Vialli finished as top scorer in the league (16), with Cerezo named the best player in both league and European Cup (top scorer in that was Rooney with 7). Along with Cagliari, Palermo were relegated from Serie A. Benfica had been doing poorly for much of the year but improved their form enough to pull away from the event horizon of the 14th/15th place positions in the last few games, and Anderlecht (who had been in the top six at times) narrowly avoided going down.

In the other leagues, Chelsea won both league and FA Cup, finishing four points ahead of reigning champs Liverpool in the league and beating Charlton in the cup. Bayern also did a domestic double, and in League A Dynamo Kiev finished eleven points ahead of their nearest rivals (think Monaco won their domestic cup). The UEFA Cup was won by Liverpool against Wolfsburg.

I am annoyed with myself for having thrown this away, so close to league victory. The European Cup is a secondary consideration, but as I mentioned further up it is disappointing to be playing poorly in the final so often. I think it is because I am in the habit of playing this critical period at the start of a gaming session, when I am not really ready for the big challenging matches, and often not in the best mood to play PES. In terms of the league result, I probably could have avoided some of the draws more than the very few defeats, though those nag at me a bit as well because two of the opponents are of low calibre, albeit with a few tricky players and awkward formations. I lost 3 games; Messina, Livorno and AC Milan. I think AC Milan lost at least as many as me, but didn't draw quite so much. One of mine was with Lazio, whenever they choose a 4-5-1 formation I struggle to attack effectively against them; I won our second encounter easily.

Cerezo scored 10 in the league this season, which was pleasing, though they were almost all penalties. I had a modest amount from the rest of my midfield, and in attack nobody scored a huge amount apart from Vialli's 16. Mancini scored 7, paltry by his standards. I was disappointed with my free kicks this season, a lot of decent ones but I don't think Mancini scored more than one, same with Jaric.

Espimas has retired, playing over 180 games for me, scoring 7 goals and making 11 assists in that time. That doesn't reflect his full attacking contribution, not to mention his defensive work while tirelessly patrolling the right flank. I haven't bought a replacement as I have plenty of extra cover in that area, but I did acquire a new defender from Treviso in a swap for Libermann, who is getting on a bit. Libermann is a good defender, tall and strong, but he lacks a bit of pace and is 30 or 31 now, I think. I can't recall the name of the new guy, but he is another German with very impressive stats, and in his early 20s. I may make a further purchase later in the summer.

I haven't gone beyond the first training session yet because I am not in the mood, but there will have to be some thinking done for next year's starting line up because when Lecce injured Vialli, they did it in a big way. I knew it was bad when, after a period of being off the pitch, the red ambulance symbol appeared; he was unable to come back on and would be out for several weeks. After the game I discovered Vialli is out for TWENTY TWO WEEKS. If I could take out a hit on the Lecce team, I would do it :MAD:. I think that will rule Vialli out of the first ten games of next season!!!!

I haven't came up with a name yet but it will be something in german (I was going to do the whole Wetwang Athletic thing suggested by @Early PES footy fan but then I found out "wang" was a synonym for penis and I didn't want my team's name to also mean Wet Penis lmao)
If this is of any help, when I created my FIFA 20 FUT team (which I've hardly used since) the game chose Berlin Borussia as their default name.
While Berlin Borussia doesn't make much sense, maybe Borussia Berlin does.

After the game I discovered Vialli is out for TWENTY TWO WEEKS

Ouch! It's PES6 you're playing isn't it? I think the most I've had was when playing a League season with a Norwegian League I'd made. 30 game season in total and he got injured on game 8 for 17 weeks, just about putting him out for most of the season! He was a key player as well. Still, it all adds to the immersion I think. At least some of that 22 weeks will disappear with pre season I suppose.

Surely this will be the season you pip Milan to the title?

@*aLe : Could be, but I actually was searching for a shorter and simpler name, idk if yk what I mean.

@mattmid : It's PES 5, and I love how passionate he is about that game, made me want to play it myself instead of PES 6 :))

Hi, is there a patch which like has the classic clubs and national teams sides, like the great ones?? I mean for example Cryuff's 'Dream Team' of Barcelona, or the Brazil team from 1998-2006 (yes there are many Brazil teams but that was the one I know most about and seems most scary) and Real's Galacticos and the Porto side which Mourinho took to glory (not really classic but a great one nonetheless). So something like that you know? If it doesn't exist, no problem, just asking!

What is the best/most realistic/highest skill ceiling PES for local multiplayer with the least/no scripting?

local multi i started with pes3, online since pes4, from my experience its either one of them, for pc that is
--

what i like the most so far on my pes4 ML is that the CB's engage more and try to tackle especially in superior number situations, whereas in later pes i think they rarely do this and try to keep the shape and fall back, which is a bit boring after a while, this also plays nicely with offensive AI, so i play the prem. league and like half the teams have a 442, the forward pairing can play some fast nifty stuff there, sometimes it feels like im playing online

Last edited:
local multi i started with pes3, online since pes4, from my experience its either one of them, for pc that is
--

what i like the most so far on my pes4 ML is that the CB's engage more and try to tackle especially in superior number situations, whereas in later pes i think they rarely do this and try to keep the shape and fall back, which is a bit boring after a while, this also plays nicely with offensive AI, so i play the prem. league and like half the teams have a 442, the forward pairing can play some fast nifty stuff there, sometimes it feels like im playing online

Hey, so since you're playing PES 4, it's kinda a missed opportunity that you didn't create a team for ML since the default team name in that game is FC Cosmo and your username is cosmo lmao

:DD

i did notice it actually, when i was fiddling around why the ability global stat reduction does not apply, i tried out all the ml modes and saw that, funny how it goes sometimes right

Back
Top Bottom