The Retro-PES Corner

Alright almost everything is set for my PES 5 Master League: the league (german with some dutch and belgian teams and other teams that make sense to put in there) will be named East League like in PES3 and will be replacing "League D".
Then League A will be North League (british clubs), League B will be West League (iberian and french clubs) and finally League C will be the South League (italian, greek and turkish clubs).

The name chase is still happening, so if anyone wants to give some ideas that would be great (I tried to translate rocket to german, the same thing I did with AS Razzo, razzo meaning rocket in italian, but I didn't like the result, which was Rakete).
Choosing the team name is and always be the toughest part for me whenever I create a new team. 😔

EDIT: I chose "Sterne" as the name, since Sterne means "Stars" and well that's what my players intend to be 😎

It will probably be like SV Sterne.

Can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded a patch today, but when I try and run the game, it says "This game is not properly installed" I ran the registry editor since that solves the problem usually, that did not help either. What do I do?

Ouch! It's PES6 you're playing isn't it? I think the most I've had was when playing a League season with a Norwegian League I'd made. 30 game season in total and he got injured on game 8 for 17 weeks, just about putting him out for most of the season! He was a key player as well. Still, it all adds to the immersion I think. At least some of that 22 weeks will disappear with pre season I suppose.

Surely this will be the season you pip Milan to the title?

I sure hope so! This season was the closest by far, so I seem to be improving.

unknown.png

This madness just unfloded in my save.
I don't understand how?
I feel like I did EVERYTHING to win the game yet I did not.
At the bare minimum 1 point?
I don't WANT to say this but my inside is telling me that I was hard done by the AI.
I feel let down by everything, myself, AI.

First update of the Master League.

I haven't played the first game yet, but I will talk about the setup.

Had the leagues done right, and added up a little spice placing Hamburg, Stuttgart and Dortmund in the East League Second Division alongside AZ Alkmaar, Twente, Cologne, Kaiserslautern and my team, SV Sterne. The First Division has 7 german clubs, 3 dutch clubs, 2 belgian clubs, 2 ukrainian clubs, 1 czech club and 1 russian club. The 7 german clubs in 1st Div are: Bayern, Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach, Hertha Berlin, Schalke 04 and Werder Bremen.

The reason why I chose those teams is that I created the leagues while checking the PES Master PES5 Database, so every team appeared in an order of better stats to worse stats. The 7 german clubs in the 1st Div are the 7 with the best stats, and the 4 clubs in the 2nd Div are the ones with the best stats that didn't get between the first 7. All the rest were left out unfortunately.

Decided to do the challenge of being allowed to have only 3 foreigners in my squad, being the rest of players all german.

I got Ivanschitz, Jones and a young defender whose name I forgot, and got rid of Ceciu, Hamsun and Burchet.

My home kit is light blue shirt + white shorts + white socks, my away kit is burgundy all over with some white details, and the GK kit was made based on the Mönchengladbach GK kit they used back in the 70's.

I prepared a lot of stuff so the ML would be the best ML I've ever done and I don't get bored of it way too fast.

I'm really looking forward to play the 1st match. :))

Okay, so!

the bloody legend @marqisspes6 has set up PES 5 server for us and it's wonderful! played a bit with @FootballerPOMAH works like a charm

the time has come

https://discord.gg/8raHaxVs - retro PES club, for online and offline matters. Retro football games only! join us, we build the retro community like never before

we should organize a pes 5 tournament or something 🐑 plays great!!

Okay, so!

the bloody legend @marqisspes6 has set up PES 5 server for us and it's wonderful! played a bit with @FootballerPOMAH works like a charm

the time has come

https://discord.gg/8raHaxVs - retro PES club, for online and offline matters. Retro football games only! join us, we build the retro community like never before

we should organize a pes 5 tournament or something 🐑 plays great!!

count on me as soon as i finish my pes 6 patch :SAL:

Anyone ever come across this issue before in PES 6? I can only increase my team's attacking mentality, not decrease! (Team strategy is on manual, decreasing has no effect on the mentality level) Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it? :D

Anyone ever come across this issue before in PES 6? I can only increase my team's attacking mentality, not decrease! (Team strategy is on manual, decreasing has no effect on the mentality level) Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it? :D

Swap l1 for l2! Because in modern controllers l2 and r2 are positive and negative axis (z) and if you press both at same time it will send like a zero or some other command that older pes wont know how to interpretate!

Swap l1 for l2! Because in modern controllers l2 and r2 are positive and negative axis (z) and if you press both at same time it will send like a zero or some other command that older pes wont know how to interpretate!

Thanks for the tip, never considered that! I must have setup my control settings a bit differently for this patch. :THINK:

unknown.png

This madness just unfloded in my save.
I don't understand how?
I feel like I did EVERYTHING to win the game yet I did not.
At the bare minimum 1 point?
I don't WANT to say this but my inside is telling me that I was hard done by the AI.
I feel let down by everything, myself, AI.

I shouldn't laugh...I know the suspicions and bitterness of it myself...but I can't help it! :D I do sympathise though, I do, because as I say, I know how it feels when the computer does that :CURSE: . 16 shots, you clearly dominated, so annoying when the AI pulls out finishing perfection like that when you play them off the park in every other respect. But it all comes down to getting it in the back of the net!

I had a pleasant surprise to my 2013 season; I had expected Vialli still to be injured, but it says he has recovered. It feels a bit cheap to be honest, and part of me is disappointed; the long term injury was part of the story of my game and I had accepted it. Presumably there is an undocumented period of holiday for the players between the training/friendly match portion of the offseason and the start of the new season. Anyway, I am glad I didn't buy a 22 year old Romario, which I was briefly considering. I did however by Abate, a player (maybe a regen) who normally plays for Samp in this era, but of course he wasn't in my squad because I chose the defaults. He has very strong all round stats and can play in central midfield or on the flank. I already scored with him on his debut, my second league game against Lecce.

I made a few tweaks to my formation and lineup. Ximilez is getting on and as much as I love him, I felt it was time to give someone with more pace and stamina their due; Jol Peruma is now starting on the left, and doing a bit more defensive work than the Spaniard. On the right, I have moved Gullit a little further upfield and designated him an AMF rather than RMF, yet still positioned on the flank. Up front I made minor changes to Mancini's movement. In defence, the venerable Valeny is being ousted from the starting line up by Lorenz, the German defender I acquired from Treviso (Div 2) by swapping Libermann.

I started brightly this term, winning 1-0 against newly promoted Siena on the opening day. It was a penalty won and scored by Cerezo, my Brazilian midfielder who scored on the opening day of 2012 too. Despite the narrow margin of victory, I played very well and Siena didn't really create a solid chance. In my second game I was even better, dominating Lecce and winning 4-0, Cerezo again on the scoresheet along with Abate, Vialli and Jol Peruma. Iouga was playing in the DMF role and served me well, setting up two goals. In the third game I was on cooler form, and a sprightly Fiorentina almost beat me; I had to wait until the last minute for a well placed Ostwaut shot to equalise and make it 1-1. Sebastian Frey may well have gotten across to it normally, but I think his sight was blocked by a defender (no idea if it makes a difference in the game, but he seemed a little slow to react and there was indeed a defender blocking his view). In the next game I dealt with Parma at the Ennio Tardini, 2-0, before comfortably putting the other promoted team Nancy Lorraine in their place; they had won three of their opening four matches but were clearly out of their depth against my stars and I won 3-0.

Next I face AC Milan; my draw with Fiorentina was enough to see them create a two point lead, but it is early days. They are on good scoring form, but I hope to come away with at least a point. Most of the other big sides have had very mixed results so far in the league, though in the European Cup qualifying stage Inter have done very well and have already won their group with a game to spare, a nice contrast for them to their European form in recent years.

I shouldn't laugh...I know the suspicions and bitterness of it myself...but I can't help it! :D I do sympathise though, I do, because as I say, I know how it feels when the computer does that :CURSE: . 16 shots, you clearly dominated, so annoying when the AI pulls out finishing perfection like that when you play them off the park in every other respect. But it all comes down to getting it in the back of the net!

I had a pleasant surprise to my 2013 season; I had expected Vialli still to be injured, but it says he has recovered. It feels a bit cheap to be honest, and part of me is disappointed; the long term injury was part of the story of my game and I had accepted it. Presumably there is an undocumented period of holiday for the players between the training/friendly match portion of the offseason and the start of the new season. Anyway, I am glad I didn't buy a 22 year old Romario, which I was briefly considering. I did however by Abate, a player (maybe a regen) who normally plays for Samp in this era, but of course he wasn't in my squad because I chose the defaults. He has very strong all round stats and can play in central midfield or on the flank. I already scored with him on his debut, my second league game against Lecce.

I made a few tweaks to my formation and lineup. Ximilez is getting on and as much as I love him, I felt it was time to give someone with more pace and stamina their due; Jol Peruma is now starting on the left, and doing a bit more defensive work than the Spaniard. On the right, I have moved Gullit a little further upfield and designated him an AMF rather than RMF, yet still positioned on the flank. Up front I made minor changes to Mancini's movement. In defence, the venerable Valeny is being ousted from the starting line up by Lorenz, the German defender I acquired from Treviso (Div 2) by swapping Libermann.

I started brightly this term, winning 1-0 against newly promoted Siena on the opening day. It was a penalty won and scored by Cerezo, my Brazilian midfielder who scored on the opening day of 2012 too. Despite the narrow margin of victory, I played very well and Siena didn't really create a solid chance. In my second game I was even better, dominating Lecce and winning 4-0, Cerezo again on the scoresheet along with Abate, Vialli and Jol Peruma. Iouga was playing in the DMF role and served me well, setting up two goals. In the third game I was on cooler form, and a sprightly Fiorentina almost beat me; I had to wait until the last minute for a well placed Ostwaut shot to equalise and make it 1-1. Sebastian Frey may well have gotten across to it normally, but I think his sight was blocked by a defender (no idea if it makes a difference in the game, but he seemed a little slow to react and there was indeed a defender blocking his view). In the next game I dealt with Parma at the Ennio Tardini, 2-0, before comfortably putting the other promoted team Nancy Lorraine in their place; they had won three of their opening four matches but were clearly out of their depth against my stars and I won 3-0.

Next I face AC Milan; my draw with Fiorentina was enough to see them create a two point lead, but it is early days. They are on good scoring form, but I hope to come away with at least a point. Most of the other big sides have had very mixed results so far in the league, though in the European Cup qualifying stage Inter have done very well and have already won their group with a game to spare, a nice contrast for them to their European form in recent years.

I wish I had the same patience you have with that game.
I played six matches in my ML and I got too fucking frustrated. It's surreal how hard it is to score, and I just gave up deleted everything, and I do not intend to play pes 5 ever again because it's not the game for me. :(
I'm still interested in your updates though. :)

Yes... I think it could also be because I wasn't playing my best and kind of late at night, around 11-12, so It could also be I was exhausted and wasn't really feeling it, but then, 16 shots, and so many on target.. I was clearly playing better, and lost.. Eh, well we go again.

I would like to run a little tourney tomorrow, just to test things!!

2:00 PM GMT
5 minute matches, best of 3 format
league or cup mode depending on peoples
national teams i think!!

i would especially love to see some streams and recordings of that it would be hella fun!
for details join our discord (i made a permament invite now) https://discord.gg/CwVZ34nfrp

PES 5 online works smoothly, although gets laggy with 10 minute halves (still superior to pes 2021 lol). I would suggest 5 minute halves though because it is super smooth!

best of 3 adds some spice and means you have a chance at coming back. golden goal extra time and penalties are mandatory - no draws allowed.

https://discord.gg/CwVZ34nfrp join us 🐑 dare to pes!!!!

I would like to run a little tourney tomorrow, just to test things!!

Sounds great! I'll have a proper look at that link tonight or tommorrow morning, see if I can join in. It'll be great fun to play other people on PES! When I first got it I played with my brother quite a lot, but he wasn't as interested in it (or as good!) as me, and by the time PES 5 came around I don't think I got to play him much.

Does anyone know where I can get the ISS 2000 PS1 ROM?

I managed to find one link for it, which works and is perfectly playable, but it's the Italian version so doesn't have the English commentary and I can't read some of the menus/options, though oddly most of the menus are actually still in English so I can navigate through most of the game fine.

It's not like the commentary was any good, but still want to have it there for nostalgia's sake :P. I still have the PS1 disc but my PC doesn't have a disc drive.

I've now 'gripped and ripped' this. Annoyingly, it won't work on my PS3. But played on my PS2. Good memories, not of it but its N64 brethren, which I adored at the time before ISS PE blew it out the water and I got a PlayStation. But ISS still fun for a kickabout!

Our first mini tourney is done!! @Early PES footy fan decided to set up a barricade and just not let anyone score. Can't get past him!!

unknown.png

come join us! PES 5 is super pleasant to play online and we had a good time overall! another weekly tournament next Saturday I think!!!

🐑

Alright my country won😎

Yeah I'm back lol feeling a lot better rn, needed a quick break without touching anything electronic.

Glad to hear it Sampa :)) I know being on computers etc. without a significant break can slowly wind me up too. Especially something that requires quite a bit of concentration, like PES.

@Saint Angelo:; Hurray, it's official! When can I expect the trophy to arrive?! Although I might need a point taking off, because I think I had two extra time wins...not certain. I definitely had one against Share in the last game, but I thought I had one earlier as well against either you or MFlores. Wouldn't change the standings, of course. It was super fun for me, very challenging playing against humans!

Glad to hear it Sampa :)) I know being on computers etc. without a significant break can slowly wind me up too. Especially something that requires quite a bit of concentration, like PES.

@Saint Angelo:; Hurray, it's official! When can I expect the trophy to arrive?! Although I might need a point taking off, because I think I had two extra time wins...not certain. I definitely had one against Share in the last game, but I thought I had one earlier as well against either you or MFlores. Wouldn't change the standings, of course. It was super fun for me, very challenging playing against humans!

Thanks for understanding and congrats for your win :) And also thanks for playing with Uruguay lol

By the way, I installed the FLS Patch for PES 6, and I feel having a patch installed can help me play the game differently and have a lot of fun!

Our first mini tourney is done!! @Early PES footy fan decided to set up a barricade and just not let anyone score. Can't get past him!!

unknown.png

come join us! PES 5 is super pleasant to play online and we had a good time overall! another weekly tournament next Saturday I think!!!

🐑
I would love to play but since I'm from Chile, I guess the game would lag a lot :/

ay no, marqiss is from Argentina and it was surprisingly smooth!

Besides, if we have more people, we can have EU tourneys, LATAM tourneys, we can do it all baby u know it 🐑

Oh boy, this is a good moment.

First update of my PES 6 Master League with Fiorentina!

Okay, we had a decent start with 3 0-0 draws in a row, giving me some nice 1200[p], which are awesome since I started with 1500[p].

Then I had a really good match against Palermo in the 4th week, in which I beat them 2-1. Captain Iouga scored in the 30th minute of the 1st half to give us the 1-0 lead, but sadly Palermo equalized like 5 minutes later. Then, 5 mins later, a great tiki-taka like play, left Ordaz alone in the box to give us the 2-1 lead. The 2nd half was boring and nothing happened, so that meant "la Viola" got the 3 points, and some essential 840[p], which meant we were now with 3540[p].

Then we had a poor game in the D2 Cup QF 1st leg and lost 0-2 to Auxerre, meaning we must win by at least 3 goals in the 2nd leg if we want to stay in the Cup.

After 4 weeks, we sit 2nd in the table with 6 points.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 17_1_2021 20_26_43.jpg.jpg

That's it for now, perhaps in the next update I will already have made our first signings. :)

I've had a troubled season so far- the title is looking out of reach already, shortly after Christmas, barring a collapse in form by AC Milan. I drew my first encounter with them, not a bad result, but had some bad games after that, narrowly losing to both Anderlecht and Udinese. Things went a bit better in the cups, and I am into the semis of the Coppa Italia and have a strong chance of getting to the knockout stage of the European Cup. I had an interesting goal in a league game with Messina before the midseason break; they signed 32 year old Gerrard from Liverpool at the start of the year and he seems to have settled in well, scoring 6 goals, but against me he scored an own goal while trying to clear a corner!

I had a bad league result in returning from the Christmas break. International duty had done me no favours; despite being in their mid thirties both Mancini and Gullit joined Thijs for their countries, and though I have a strong squad I felt less confident without Mancini in particular. At the start of the season I beat Siena 1-0 in a confident win, and they still remain bottom despite recently getting a bit better. This time though I was struggling to score, and in fact they opened the scoring in the second half through Volpato, who has remained their principal striker since Chiesa retired about 6 or 7 years ago. I almost immediately equalised through Vialli and breathed a sigh of relief, but no sooner had I done so than Austrian midfielder Ivanschitz had put Siena back ahead with a good goal. He and Volpato each added another as I dropped into despair, realising that this meant I had lost as many games in just over half of 2013 as I did in the whole of 2012, and again coming undone against small sides. They deserved the win though. I scored a late goal with Dodo, his first of the season, to make it 4-2 at the final whistle.

My second game after the break was against Lecce, where I scored the first goal, but struggled in vain to find another. They scored a fairly late equaliser in annoying fashion; a diagonal ball across the midfield was headed for their winger, so I tried to intercept it, but their CF was running in the opposite direction and sent my defender reeling, allowing it to roll on through to the winger and he finished accurately. So that is one point from a possible six, leaving me nine points behind AC Milan now (they are top, Roma second).

Interestingly this season Fiorentina are doing quite well, they've been in the top six for most of the year and remain there. They've even been as high as second or third; I think they are fourth at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom